Atlantica at the Allegria
80 West Broadway
Long Beach, NY 11561Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Atlantica at the Allegria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.allegriahotel.com/
- Phone: 5169923730x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday Seafood Dinner: 6:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raed Jallad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantica at the Allegria
The Atlantica is the Signature restaurant of the Allegria Hotel; Long Island's Only Luxury Oceanfront Hotel! The Atlantica offers breakfast, lunch & dinner year round. Chef Raed Jallad elegantly composes exquisite dishes that indulge the senses. From the Wine Room to the Outdoor Terrace, Dine and Gaze over the endless Atlantic Ocean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Atlantica at the Allegria - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Atlantica at the Allegria reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- This is a fun, pretty restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2012This is a fun, pretty restaurant and very upscale (and pricey) for Long Beach. You are sitting directly over the boardwalk, with an ocean view. I thought the food was fine, but not exceptional. The service was very good, and our party had a terrific time.Special Features:
- This was our second vist,josephVIPDined on 8/25/2012This was our second vist, and we had a wonderful time! The menu has great safood and vegetarian choices, so we all happy. One thing, though - it is much a more energetic scene at dinnertime than at lunch, so if you're going with anyone who has a hearing issue, go at lunchtime instead. The view is amazing!Special Features:
- The food has a nice presentationluvfoodwineVIPDined on 8/19/2012The food has a nice presentation but, needed more taste or salt. We had to wait for about more then 45 min to get seated. Also, we went the bar while we were waiting for dining room table, we did not get served for long time even, 4 bartender there and they are not busy working on customers.Special Features:
- The restaurant itself is prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2012The restaurant itself is pretty with the jelly fish light fixtures and ocean theme. The food was okay with very small portions. The drinks were also skimped out on. The menu needs to have more of a fish selection on it and cater to the demographic that's in Long Beach - then maybe they will have a full house. Otherwise you are not missing out if you don't go.Special Features:
- Excellent food, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Excellent food, attentive and professional wait staff.Special Features:
- not impressed, but nice viewJRC1VIPDined on 8/11/2012Allegria is pretty with a great view of the beach. The food is ok, but not great for the price. We ordered swordfish & chicken, both good. The sides dishes were typical of what you would get at a catering hall. We also ordered the shrimp appetizer (very good) & told the server we would share it. This came out with only 1 shrimp! Any good server would have pointed that out when told we were sharing, but he didn't. The strangest thing about this place is that there were no visible managers checking to see that tables were serviced and that customers were happy. We had to ask for water refills. Basically, it was very cold. The bar area had live music & also overlooked the ocean. I would go there for drinks, forget the food.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2012Food was outstanding, but service was a little on the slow side but our servers were very nice and overall it was an extremely pleasant experience.Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary. Waitress wasn't friendly and we saw her once every 20 to 30 minutes. The view and decor was amazing but overall food and service was just awful.Special Features:
- Overall I would go back. Foodchrisp99Dined on 7/26/2012Overall I would go back. Food was good. Service could be improved a bit as the wait staff is young and not as seasoned as in most upscale restaurants. The food was well prepared and very tastey. The area needs an upscale place like this
- Absolutely wonderful! We lookavalon1188VIPDined on 7/24/2012Absolutely wonderful! We look forward to going back in a more timely fashion, as we were running to make a concert at Jones Beach and didn't give ourselves enough time to really enjoy and savor.Special Features:
- Very loud. Slow to Help.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2012Very loud. Slow to Help. Very expensive. Small appetizers for price. Only 2 scallops with alittle risotto for $16. Filet Mignone cooked incorrectly, had to go back twice. And rooftop bar closed on a Saturday night. Very dissappointing in general for my wifes birthday
- A cool place to eat with aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2012A cool place to eat with a great view...at any time of day"Special Features:
- Great experience - service improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2012My wife and I have eaten at the Atlantica several times over the past few years since it was brand new, and we've generally had very positive experiences, although the service has been spotty at times, as has been noted in other reviews. Well, this last time I'm happy to report the service was great. Our waitress was attentive and friendly, and the food was brought out in a timely fashion. I don't know if we just got lucky and got a good waitress, or if the management has made changes to improve the service, but it was perfect this time. As always, the view and decor are fantastic. The food was flavorful, fresh, and well presented. My tuna was ordered medium-rare, but came out more medium, but no big deal- it was very fresh.Special Features:
- Wish it was better...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2012Went for Sunday brunch. Had relatives visiting from out of town so wanted somewhere special. You cannot beat the view and the room they hold the brunch in now is beautiful. The price of $65-plus an additional service charge over $50 is ridiculous for what they are serving. Quality of food is ok but nothing fantastic. The pool is right outside the doors into the brunch and there was a DJ playing obnoxious techno music-I am assuming he was catering to the pool area. The AC was non existent and in order to leave the restaurant you had to wait 20 minutes for one working elevator that held 6 people! If I didn't have a stroller I would have definitely walked! I will never return.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We dined here for the first time wih another couple. It was hopping and loud. But we didn't mind. The service was terrible though. We sat at our table with menu and had no waiter come over until we asked for one. The response time from placing orders and food coming out was slow and no one ever asked how our food was. There was a mistake with my husband's order but we just left it due to lack of service. Our reservation was at 8:30. We sat at 8:40 and didn't leave until 11:45. That's a long meal! Food was good and we liked the selection but it is pricy. This is not going to be a place we visit too soon again. We would come back for drinks though. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gorgeous hotel, good brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/17/2012Gorgeous hotel, good brunch. Overall, very good minus the service; under-staffed and just horrible service.Special Features:
- Sunk in the AtlanticaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012Perhaps the worst service since outside of the DMV!!! Unresponsive and angry waitstaff. Had to complain just to get my wine which seemed spoiled and the replacement took 20 minutes. Took almost an hour to get our food. DO NOT GO!Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012The food was great and the restaurant is beautiful. However the service is amazingly bad. We sat down with drinks, had to wait 15 minutes for a table which is fine. We never saw a server for almost a half hour. We never ordered an appetizer because we felt we wouldn't have time. Our entrees were were very good. I ordered a second drink and it never came. Not worth the money. Service was that bad.Special Features:
- I am sorry to say that everythingLuvetodineoutVIPDined on 6/10/2012I am sorry to say that everything about this place was terrible. We waited over an hour for breakfast. When it arrived it was fair at best. Everyone around us was complaining . It is such a shame, they are running this hotel to the ground...
- oUR GROUP OF 8 WAS CELEBRATINGgemini4everDined on 6/7/2012oUR GROUP OF 8 WAS CELEBRATING MY B.D...EVERYONE GAVE THE FOOD A RAVE...THE SEATING IS SOOOO COMFORTABLE AND WE WEREN'T RUSHED AT ALL. 10 OUT OF 10 FROM ME! LINDA DUVALL WILLIAMSSpecial Features:
- Location and decor was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2012Location and decor was great but the service was lacking. For an 8:30pm seating on a Thursday night, it was somewhat empty, so I was assuming the service would be attentive. Usually, in a typical restaurant, a server will come over to take a drink order with 10 minutes, at most. It took almost 20 minutes for anyone to appear in the vicinity of our table and even then we had to flag someone down just to order drinks. We took that as a hint and placed our entree order as well. The food was decent and we skipped dessert, considering that we had to return home to relieve our babysitter. It's a perfect spot for gazing at the beach and boardwalk over a cocktail in the lounge. I might give it another try to see if it we have the same experience.Special Features:
- Every employee was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2012Every employee was extremely cheerful and very accomodating. Food was served in very timely fashion. However the Chef was not on tonight.The food preparation was poor. Calamari flavorless as well as accompanying sauce. Salad was ok - dressing was tasteless. Soft shell crabs with rice not up to restaurants standards. Flounder crispy fried outside with moist spinach inside was good but accompanying items - substandard. Excellent atmosphere - beautiful view, but food lacks flavor.
- Had a great time. Food, atmosphereFoodieDined on 5/26/2012Had a great time. Food, atmosphere and service was great!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Went to Atlantica last night for the second time in two months and did not dissappoint! Evry dish we order there is absolutely delish! Ordered oysters as appetizer -totally fresh, for dinner we had the grilled yellow fin tuna & moroccan hanger steak...spectacular. The service was very good except the waitress did not offer to show us the wine list until my husband asked. We sat right in fron of the windows with a view iof the ocean - waves crashing...very nice! A litttle expensive but worth the money when the food is enjoyable!Special Features:
- The service was awful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2012The service was awful. We were there for 2.5 hours and only saw the waitress two times. Never came back to check on dinner or offer a refill on drinks. The manager had to come over but did not comp anything. I was highly dissatisfied.
- The location is lovely, thehlaufmanDined on 5/23/2012The location is lovely, the food is delicious, but the service is severly lacking. One of the guests at our table asked not one, but 2 people (a manager and a bus boy) to find our waitress, and she still never showed up. We sat at 7.15 and left at 9.45, and that time was all taken up with 2 shared appetizers and 6 meals. we were too tired to wait for dessert (which I'm sure would have been delicious) the selections of wine by the glass are not worth of the prices. The bottles of wine were good, and only a little overpriced.
- food and service fail to liveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2012food and service fail to live up to their billing. while location great.. I would go for drink and light bite and then go elsewhere. we were very disappointed.Special Features:
- What a surprise! This restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2012What a surprise! This restaurant is worth a try. Especially great for a dinner date night or just drinks. I thought it looked like a Las Vegas restaurant! Who knew? Bravo Long Beach!Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 3AnnieLouVIPDined on 5/20/2012We had a reservation for 3 at 6pm on a Sunday evening in May. Upon entering the restaurant we were "assaulted" by music so loud from the bar that the wait staff had to yell over the noise to customers. We waited 30 minutes for a table even though tables were open. We specifically asked to be seated as far from the bar as possible because we had an elderly diner who was struggling with the noise volume. When we were finally offered a table, it was right next to the bar. We left without eating. Very disappointing since we have eaten here before and enjoyed it and the view.
- heavy on oil and butter andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2012heavy on oil and butter and salt. Nice view of beach. According to waitress, everything was great. Some guidance would have been helpful.
- Loved it the first time wesparkyDined on 5/20/2012Loved it the first time we went, sat by the window with another couple, great service, quiet, very relaxing, Wed. night. This time, a Sunday night at 5:30, a wedding going on, graduations, very loud, kids crying, we were 6 people, there is no seating for 6 by the windows, service was TERRIBLE! We had to constantly ask for our waitress. I fthis had been my first time I would have never gone back. But the food was good.
- Great food and service. WineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012Great food and service. Wine list selection is terrible and way overpriced.Special Features:
- if their prices were moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2012if their prices were more reasonable or at least equal to the quality of the food offered this would be a great place otherwise except for the view the place is way over priced given the given the quality of the food served which is serviceable at bestSpecial Features:
- LOUNGE ATMOSPHERE LOUSY SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Very disorganized! Dining Room opens @ 5pm. Server did not know nor have specials @5:30 and she didn't receive till 5:40pm. They use the same bar service as their seperate cocktail lounge (entirely different name) so it took forever to receive our cocktails. Visably noticable problems from staff in all areas. The food took over an hour to get to table. Servers banging into clientele. Since area was glass the lounge area noise atmosphere became resturants. For the price and menu selection you would think you were in a much higher scaled resturant then the service and atmosphere presented there. I would not go back. So many resturants to chose in NY with the class of food/price with atmosphere to match.
- The food was very good andJmac1946Dined on 5/14/2012The food was very good and the view of the boardwalk and ocean just add to the experience.Special Features:
- As usual a very good meal.WSpivakDined on 5/13/2012As usual a very good meal. They are a bit pricey, especially given their area, but the view of the ocean is worth it.Special Features:
- Dissapointed that the MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/13/2012Dissapointed that the Menu items available were different than what was on their website- they should have updated this because we booked this place because of the Menu and were very dissapointed
- Beautiful restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2012Beautiful restaurant with great view of beach. Loved the fact that I could finally order dessert with strawberries that were organic (the only kind I will eat!) Highly recommend the cheesecake. A little noisy for my elderly mom but I will definitely take my husband there next time we visit.Special Features:
- It's been over a year sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2012It's been over a year since my first visit and they still have a lot of work to do. Vegetables like butternut squash were undercooked, the rest were just underwhelming. Wrong salads were brought out and these missteps became major problems to rectify. Servers are polite but poorly trained. The decor gives you high expectations, but in the end, it's all just run of the mill. Want romance with your ocean view dinner? You're better off with a picnic on the beach.Special Features:
- Food should have tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/5/2012This was one if th worst dinning experiences of my life. The food was tasteless, my wife and I had the appetizer specials and honestly could not tell you what they tasted like. We both half finished ou dinner. Rather than try dessert we just went to Marvel.