Rendezvous in Central Square
502 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Rendezvous in Central Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rendezvouscentralsquare.com/
- Phone: 6175761900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner is served nightly. Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00pm Friday-Saturday 5:00-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rendezvous is available for private events during the day 7 days a week. We can accommodate groups from 10-70 people, with options ranging from a "4-Course Lunch" to a "Casual Cocktail Party" - a great venue for business or social occasions and celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Roz Beauchemin 6175761900
- Public Transit: We are located steps from the Central Square T and bus stops.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking in Central Square is easy, convenient, and inexpensive. A parking garage with an attendant is located at the intersection of Pearl Street and Green street for only $1 per hour. Massachusetts Avenue is lined with metered parking and additional public parking is available in the nearby-metered lots on Bishop Allen Drive. One lot is located behind Blockbuster Video and the other lot is behind the McDonalds. In addition, we offer valet parking on Friday and Saturday for $12 per car.
A word from Rendezvous in Central Square
Rendezvous offers a comfortable dining experience with all the nuances of fine dining in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The menu at Rendezvous is inspired by the flavors and aromas of the western Mediterranean -- Italy, France, Spain and North Africa. We place an emphasis on the market approach to cooking, using only the freshest products and working with local farms and specialty purveyors. Our menu changes regularly according to the seasonal availability of ingredients, about one third changes each month. Our wine list is carefully chosen to compliment our food, and represents numerous small producers, which use high-quality winemaking practices. The Rendezvous has an attractive custom-made counter-height bar, where the full menu is available. The bar offers an intimate and comfortable experience with plenty of room for plates and glasses of wine. We look forward to meeting you at the Rendezvous! !Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rendezvous in Central Square reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (36)romantic (20)good for groups (13)notable wine list (11)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Cambridge restaurantRosebudVIPDined on 2/28/2014Just happened on this place for dinner on Friday night after doing some business in Central Sq. Had a fabulous salmon dinner with braised artichokes, potatoes and carrots....the roasted butternut squash soup was superb and finished the a pear crustada... Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/21/2014This was our first time at the restaurant - pleasant atmosphere, very attentive staff, interesting menu and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu for foodiesFamilytimeDined on 2/20/2014The food was fresh and well-prepared. Interesting combinations for those who want to get away from the typical menu items at many restaurants. We enjoyed organic salmon with artichokes and salsa verde, roast chicken with sprouts, apples, and sage, chilled shellfish salad with black olives and anchovy sauce, vegetable antipasto, roasted carrots, pear crostada, and chocolate cake. Every dish was well-executed ad delicious. Good cocktail menu also. Service was prompt and courteous. Lighting in room a bit bright and down lights too glaring on some diners. Might not recommend for a romantic "candlelight" dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and unpretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Memorable Valentine's Day dinner! We really enjoyed the delicious dishes, friendly atmosphere, & unpretentious overall style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicate drinks and divine serviceGrubGoddessDined on 2/9/2014I ate at Rendezvous this past Sunday for their Prix Fixe menu. It was $36 for three courses. We each ordered off the menu and then added an extra app to our order (Lamb ribs - excellent choice!). The food was extremely flavorful and matched it's international themed offerings. The appetizers were not only beautifully plated but unique and delicious. The cocktail list was very unique as well. We tried four different drinks between the two of us and only really didn't like one. The whole experience was elegant yet casual and easy. It was a perfect Cambridge mix! The main difference from other Cambridge locales is that it wasn't overrun with young hipsters (young hipsters speaking).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great evening!DineWithFamilyDined on 2/8/2014We are in love with this restaurant: great food without being too pretentious or precious, wonderful service that is warm and attentive without it being all about them, very good wine list, and a warm, comfortable atmosphere that is bustling but not deafening. We have been coming regularly since they opened (many years ago -- more than 10?). Everyone in the family chooses it as the restaurant for the birthday dinner out and in all that time we have never not had an absolutely delicious meal and a great time. BEST RESTAURANT EVERSpecial Features:
- Excellent!AverageVIPDined on 2/8/2014I chose this restaurant because my husband and I enjoy going to Cambridge. This restaurant is excellent. The food and service are very good. I am definitely returning.Special Features:
- Rendezvous always deliversDisappointedVIPDined on 2/8/2014The subject line says it all. Dining at Rendezvous is a consistently great experience that never disappoints. It's worth going out of your way to dine at Rendezvous!Special Features:
- Perfect BalanceHubPubDined on 2/4/2014I have been three times before. Most of the menu had changed with the season. It was every bit as delicious as before. The bread is delivered fresh from Iggy's at 4:30 and so is still almost warm from the oven--try to resist the carbs, it's very difficult! The service was excellent, even providing a taste of wines before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a very nice dinner at1D0404Dined on 2/1/2014Had a very nice dinner at Rendezvous on Saturday night. We had a nice table along the far wall, so even though the restaurant was packed, we had no problems carrying on a conversation with our friends. The bay scallops, tuna tartare, and the skate wing dishes were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I have been coming here for 8 years. The food never fails and we are always treated like family. Excellent wine and cocktails , meatballs as manna and great deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKateVIPDined on 1/31/2014Our experience at Rendevouz was amazing! I had been there several times before and was bringing a friend this time, who had never been. We had the vegetable antipasto, bay scallops and....the waitress let us know we could order the lamb meatballs with toasted orichette and mushrooms even though they were not on the menu. So, we split that as well. We also ordered a dessert and the waitress brought us an extra one- the lemon huckleberry pudding. All the food was delicious, and the wine was fantastic. Service was great, as well. Highly recommend this restaurant. It is also a great value! The restaurant is a place you'll feel at home, which to me, is the best quality to have.Special Features:
- Server was very helpful andherlockDined on 1/31/2014Server was very helpful and convinced us to try the skate, which we had never seen on any menu. She advised us that it was quite rich, and that we could ask for reduced butter if we thought that would be preferable. We went with her advice, and it was excellent-- any richer and we would not have had room for dessert--which would have been a pity to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently High QualityFernDined on 1/31/2014In the Central Square landscape of restaurants and pizza parlors, this French stand-out is always great! I had a superb crispy chicken, done perfectly, and my husband had two appetizers---a lovely soup and some baby scallops. We each had a glass of very nice wine and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. the owner is very friendly and the noise level is great for conversation. After several days in New York's Meatpacking District, eating for big bucks and having to shout to be heard by tablemates, this was a very much appreciated different experience. they are careful to get you out in time for the theatre as well......rapidly becoming one of my favorite places to eat out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rendez Vous RestaurantcheffiDined on 1/30/2014Lovely place for a celebratory meal. Other times I've come it's been much noisier--I think the key this time was having a relatively early (6:15 pm) reservation. Food & service are exemplary. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone willing to spend the money. It's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapas!StretchDined on 1/27/2014Monday is tapas night. The four of us shared 12 of the 14 offered. Half were terrific, and the others quite good. No duds. Good wine. And--important for us--the restaurant was quiet enough (even though 3/4 full) for us to hear one another. Lovely evening all around.Special Features:
- Wonderful food in Central SquareWillieDined on 1/27/2014We have been going to Rendezvous for years, and have always enjoyed the food and service. So, it is lovely to report that the food, and service just seem to get better all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our go to placeMemaDined on 1/25/2014If we want to be sure of a great meal and experience, we go to Rendezvous. When we're the ones choosing a restaurant for a group, we always feel safe choosing Rendezvous. Have never had anyone of our friends not be very pleased with the place. Love the way Steve and his colleagues make everyone feel welcome and so comfortable. Scott makes a mean drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingprentissDined on 1/22/2014how Rendezvous steadily offers splendid food and great service year after year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceBoringGuyDined on 1/22/2014Rendezvous's inner decor keeps the noise level down and the atmosphere intimate. Friendly, knowledgeable and attentive service, delicious and varied menu. One of my favorites in the Boston area.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerMalMVIPDined on 1/20/2014It was my husband's birthday and 6 of us were there to celebrate. We had every stripe of person there -- a vegetarian, a carnivore, two watching their "carbs" and not only was there something good for everyone but the service was pleasant and attentive. And it's a "happening" place -- while only our two Cantabridgian girls are "happening" the rest of us "post-happening" people thoroughly enjoyed the setting and our meal. Well done!Special Features:
- Just rightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014I visited Cambridge, the hotel concierge recommend le Rendezvous-vous. This is a charming restaurant with god food and service. Each course included a little surprise of taste. I ordered duck and it came in three methods, all excellent. I dined alone so was or deemed wine by the carafe. I prefer by the bottle because most restaurants wine by the glass is inferior or the bottle is left open too long resulting I maderized wine. But the wine I had was really very good. Another nice surprise from the restaurant. The service was efficient, friendly and informed. The restaurant handled a solo diner well too, no relegation to the worst table,as many other restaurants do. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food and service,Special Features:
- Even when chef/owner StveejackVIPDined on 1/15/2014Even when chef/owner Stvee is off the food was well prepared and consistent with the high quality dishes Rendezvous presents.Special Features:
- Monday Tapas was great...JDUBDined on 1/13/2014We loved all the tapas we ordered... about 2-3 per person. Desserts were good, although the lemon pudding a bit too sweet for our palates. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- lively but not loudMegCDined on 1/11/2014A perfect, warm and welcoming place with great food and drinks and a fun ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the way roundHAL314Dined on 1/10/2014The dishes we had were excellent. Lovely place. Good for couples or groups. Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It just keeps getting betterMyrawheelerVIPDined on 1/4/2014Rendezvous is fabulous -- consistently innovative, excellent and welcoming. Clearly one of the area's most outstanding restaurants. A bar, but not a bar scene. Wonderful combinations of flavors but no attempts to shock the palate with bizarre combinations. And of course there is the Green Street garage, just around the corner, which makes parking a breeze.Special Features:
- Reliable fine diningPeterkussellVIPDined on 1/1/2014I've been coming to Rendezvous for many years and hadn't been back in a year. The place hasn't changed a bit in any way. It doesn't reinvent its menu, which has some good standards that are good again after a year. There is a definite nod to Moroccan and Middle East spices, which adds some interest and variety. I had a great carrot preparation with Harissa and a very hearty cassoulet. A terrific pear confection and a great manhattan rounded out my dinner. So no quibbles with the food or service. This is not a high energy loud ambiance and it suits it's university clientele very well. My only quibble is that after a year I had expected more change to the menu. I doubt I'll personally return any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love you Steve Johnson!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013I am always very happy to go to Rendezvous. Steve seems to be there whenever we go (2-3 times a year) and the food is always excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant to couples that want to have a romantic dinner without all the pretentious attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful meal at RendezvousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2013We brought some friends from out of town to experience one of our favorite restaurants. Our favorite dish was the Crudo of yellow fin tuna with cherry tomatoes and green olive vinaigrette which was served as an appetizer. The other pleaser was the vegetarian entree, lasagna of Swiss chard, fresh ricotta and chanterelles.Special Features:
- disappointingJIKrDined on 12/28/2013I chose this restaurant based on the rave reviews on Open Table which I think are undeserved based on our experience tonight. Food is reasonably good but not superior to many others in the same price range and food category. Not a standout. The ambience is definitely not romantic, more companionable grunge. Not recommended for big date or romantic outing. Decor is disappointing. Not for a special occasion. Ok for a local hangout but not anything special or worth traveling for.
- Continues to surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2013Great spot with really good food--nice wine list and good service. Continues to delight each time I go--too many grey hair diners though--dont the youngsters in Cambridge know about this place? they need to wake up!Special Features:
- Best Meal EverMistyDined on 12/27/2013The food was absolutely out of this world! The service was excellent and attentive without being overly intrusive. The atmosphere was pleasant and warm. I cannot get over how good the food was. This is five days later and I'm still thinking about it. Definitely come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DaveHVIPDined on 12/26/2013I received a gift certificate for the holidays so gave it a try. Food was great, our waiter was fun and very knowledgable about the menu and wine pairings. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualBergyfanVIPDined on 12/26/2013I have never had had anything at Steve Johnson's wonderful restaurant that I didn't love and also feel I paid the right price for it. Steve runs such a tight ship with a wait staff that is both friendly and attentive but also knows but also knows how not to intrude. They have great cocktails and the best middle class wine lists in the city. Most professional restaurant reviewers don't seem to care what the bottles of wine cost, although they will give a short line to the price range. At Rendezvous every bottle is really good and you can get great wine for a reasonable price. Hats off to Steve and company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night Prix FixejdevlinDined on 12/22/2013Took my California guests to Rendezvous for the Sunday night Prix Fixe menu. The selections for each course are so interesting. Everything from grilled sardines to gnocchi. The cassoulet is better than any I have ever had. Steak, swordfish, Morrocan chicken round out the main courses. Save room for dessert. The buttermilk lemon pudding with huckleberry sauce is not to be missed unless you are tempted away by the pear tart or chocolate lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rendezvous is a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2013Rendezvous is a restaurant gem - great menu, good prices. The Sunday prix fixe was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal. From the inventiveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/19/2013Terrific meal. From the inventive delicious cocktails to the perfectly seasoned food to the attentive and unobtrusive service, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with friendspattihudsonDined on 12/18/2013I had asked a friend for a recommendation in Cambridge as that is not my usual stomping ground. They sent us to Rendezvous. Great choice! Great food, wine, service and vibe. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER GREAT MEALjackVIPDined on 12/17/2013Consistent well prepared food. I bring many new friends to introduce them to a Central Square "hot spot" for great food.Special Features: