Rendezvous in Central Square
502 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Rendezvous in Central Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rendezvouscentralsquare.com/
- Phone: 6175761900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner is served nightly. Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00pm Friday-Saturday 5:00-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rendezvous is available for private events during the day 7 days a week. We can accommodate groups from 10-70 people, with options ranging from a "4-Course Lunch" to a "Casual Cocktail Party" - a great venue for business or social occasions and celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Roz Beauchemin 6175761900
- Public Transit: We are located steps from the Central Square T and bus stops.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking in Central Square is easy, convenient, and inexpensive. A parking garage with an attendant is located at the intersection of Pearl Street and Green street for only $1 per hour. Massachusetts Avenue is lined with metered parking and additional public parking is available in the nearby-metered lots on Bishop Allen Drive. One lot is located behind Blockbuster Video and the other lot is behind the McDonalds. In addition, we offer valet parking on Friday and Saturday for $12 per car.
A word from Rendezvous in Central Square
Rendezvous offers a comfortable dining experience with all the nuances of fine dining in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The menu at Rendezvous is inspired by the flavors and aromas of the western Mediterranean -- Italy, France, Spain and North Africa. We place an emphasis on the market approach to cooking, using only the freshest products and working with local farms and specialty purveyors. Our menu changes regularly according to the seasonal availability of ingredients, about one third changes each month. Our wine list is carefully chosen to compliment our food, and represents numerous small producers, which use high-quality winemaking practices. The Rendezvous has an attractive custom-made counter-height bar, where the full menu is available. The bar offers an intimate and comfortable experience with plenty of room for plates and glasses of wine. We look forward to meeting you at the Rendezvous! !Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rendezvous in Central Square reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (12)romantic (7)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- super restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2014always a good meal at the Rendezvous. Excellent friendly service to provide it to you.
- Will Be MissedjackVIPDined on 4/30/2014Superb food will no longer be at this location as lease not renewed 7/1/14 :-(Special Features:
- Good New England/Medi fusionProfPatPendingDined on 4/27/2014Rendezvous is a great place to dine of an evening -- we had a meal for a group of 4, which worked very well. The atmosphere in the restaurant is good, albeit the acoustics are such that the place is pretty loud. The menu was a Prix Fixe Sunday night, but the selection was good, and everyone found something to tempt them. My squid starter was really excellent, and my Moroccan chicken main was pretty good too. Nice sourdough bread, and a good dessert selection topped off a nice meal. Good wine selection too -- we enjoyed a bottle of Californian Cab, which was very good for the fairly modest price. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Steve, staff, & experience the BESTOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2014Creative and wonderful food preparation, friendly service and care to details in a comfortable setting kept us returning for years! Such a treasure! A consistent for years, thanks to Steve and staff. We will follow to Southern shores!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spot !BistroDined on 4/26/2014Chef owner Steve Johnson always impresses us with his unique combinations and spices! The food is so flavorful and so fresh that we keep going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DicksdotVIPDined on 4/25/2014As usual, every dish was beautifully prepared and luscious. Service warm and attentive. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLadyLibertyDined on 4/19/2014I took my significant other here for a special birthday and was underwhelmed by the food. I'd been here several times before in the past, the last time being a year ago, and found the experience great. But this time the food just didn't live up to my expectations. The roast chicken I ordered was very dry. The salmon was so-so. The coconut flan was he only young that was delicious. Although the restaurant did accommodate my advance seating request, I wouldn't risk another important date here.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY GOODjackVIPDined on 4/16/2014Can't find a more comfortable place to enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- We are booking again!thoughtfulDined on 4/16/2014Had a wonderful meal! Boston lettuce..scallops...salmon!!! The only thing that was a bit confusing is that we ordered from a wine menu and got a taste (delicious) then got two glasses which we thought we ordered a bottle. Our waiter turned it into a carafe. But then as we looked at our menus, there was a larger wine menu that we didn't know about. Next time we will talk to the waiter about the food and wine.Special Features:
- Outstanding food in Central SquaredebbDined on 4/13/2014we went for a birthday dinner on a Sunday when they have a fixed price menu with three courses. We had a salad, a cheeseboard and a vegetable antipasto, all of which were wonderful. All our main courses were interesting and delicious. Desserts were lemon pudding, a pear pastry and a coconut caramel concoction. Attention service, but not hovering, Outstanding food, and a lovely atmosphere. They even put a candle in the birthday girl's dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an adult restaurantTriksiVIPDined on 4/12/2014Not only is the food delicious (that Bibb salad is perfect), but despite being completely filled my friends and I could actually converse, an increasingly rare experience these days. I don't live in Cambridge, but the trip is definitely worthwhile.Special Features:
- Gracious OwnercinciaDined on 4/12/2014My friend and I monopolized our table too long on a Saturday night. The owner was very gracious in letting us linger until it started to cause problems. He was very gracious in moving us along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDecadeinNaplesDined on 4/11/2014We had a spectacular meal at Rendezvous. The service was attentive and recommendations were spot on. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good easy dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014Comfortable and convenient with an ideal menu. Just the right amount of selection and everything is reliably cooked and flavored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An asset to Central SquareoldtimerDined on 4/10/2014Although there are concerns about Central Square becoming too upscaled, Rendevous adds to the vibrancy and specialness of the area. The prices are certainly not cheap but the atmosphere and service are homey and comfortable. Food was interesting and varied - attractive to people with different tastes. Glad to have it in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hold the saltholdthesaltDined on 4/2/2014We went out to dinner at Rendezvous expecting a nice ambiance, professional service, and good food. While we felt that both the ambiance and service were pleasant (though a bit awkward at times), the food was very very salty. The sauce on both appetizers ordered (ox tail gnocchi and torteglioni) were so overly salty we could barely taste any other flavors. Our skirt steaks were cooked to perfection, but accompanied by blobs of mashed potatoes that might as well be chunks of salt plucked out from the tiny clenched hands of the cute little Morton girl. The dressing on the salad was quite acidic, though among the leaves hides super salty guerrilla troops. Rendezvous might want to consider charging for tap water with every meal.
- PerfectsopleasedDined on 3/29/2014The food is fantastic and the setting handles anything from low-key to boisterous without one affecting the other. This place is perfect for two, or small groups, or big groups. The staff is great- attentive but relaxed, sense of humor but unobtrusive. It is our go-to place for taking friends out, getting together with family, special events. There is something on the menu for anyone's taste, and we always end up wanting to sample someone else's meal. The desserts are divine! Highly recommend this awesome restaurant.Special Features:
- Well DoneGregDined on 3/29/2014Everything was great. Casual but attentive service and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2014We have been going to Rendezvous since it opened and it is a wonderful place to enjoy a good meal. The menu changes seasonally, the bartender invents new libations, and the food is always good. The owner uses local produce, grows his own herbs and has created a first-class place.Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal in a Casual RoomLeeLeeVIPDined on 3/28/2014We arrived early and although there was no room to have a drink at the bar, the hostess took our drink order and served us in the waiting area; it was a nice touch. The food and service were outstanding. The atmosphere was too casual, though, to feel like a special night out. Still, it was very comfortable and quite enough for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, terrific foodBostonJSDined on 3/27/2014I found the hosts very welcoming and helpful (particularly about parking). The waitstaff was lovely. I had the duck and a salad. Very, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rendezvous sings and you smileOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2014Since rendezvous opened we've never been disappointed coming here. Every one welcomes you. You can come here alone and feel perfectly comfortable. That is the mission of all the staff. The culinary strength is in all sections of the menu. The cold starters are as good as the warm ones, the entrees shine and it is hard to skip dessert. Each dish is executed to perfection. Not overly complicated but always interesting. This is the kind of restaurant every neighborhood needs: one that makes you happy when you walk in the door and look forward to return to when you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!dine4funDined on 3/22/2014We had a great table, and our waiter, Shannon, was very attentive and gave wonderful recommendations. The food was delicious, and we will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and graciouslwh61VIPDined on 3/21/2014We went to Rendezvous for dinner as a respite; a family member was having major surgery at MGH and once all was well, we wanted to get my sister-in-law out for a great meal. The staff at Rendezvous was so accommodating as we had to keep shifting the time due to complications; they were gracious and helpful. Once we collapsed in our chairs, the food was excellent and the service attentive. I started with the charcuterie platter, a perfect selection of house-made rillettes, mousse and pâtés. The other two had seared tuna and salad, both wonderful. For dinner: skate with cauliflower, duck three ways and salmon, all perfectly cooked and plates licked clean. As longtime fans, we're grateful that Rendezvous continues to excel in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Duck!VeteranoooooDined on 3/17/2014The tapas were, OK, but the duck I had was outstanding. Good atmosphere, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Always a great dining experience, always. Never a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatsavoryeaterVIPDined on 3/15/2014I love the casual warm atmosphere and the excellent ingredients, but the food didn't really wow me.Special Features:
- ReviewDavidDined on 3/15/2014All four of us thought this restaurant was excellent. We enjoyed the food and service very much and we will certainly come back again (hopefully soon!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid delicious contemporaryJaneDined on 3/14/2014Solid delicious contemporary American food at reasonable prices! HIGHLY recommend the vegetarian 'misto' entree with polenta and delicious broth - whether or not you're vegetarian. Interesting wines by the glass and bottle.Special Features:
- Sunday night prix fixeMarsVIPDined on 3/9/2014What a wonderful dinner. We both had salads - his simple and mine was with squid. Excellent! The for dinner - the cassoulet and seafood stew. Both were terrific. We had the chocolate and mousse desserts. It was all delicious and a real bargain on the prix fixe menu. Rendezvous is one of the few restaurants in our experience who let you choose from the whole menu for the prix fixe, which is just a great deal and a wonderful way to make it thru the menu. I just ate here the other night with a friend and saw the little ad card for the Sunday night special. So I came back again...and I will return! And the atmosphere is so relaxing and comfortable. GREAT place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining at central squareWallyVIPDined on 3/9/2014Our party of four enjoyed the prix fix dinner with a carafe of Sangiovese and we found the appetizer selection to be quite varied and tasty, even for the vegan among us. The main course choices were very good except the vegetarian choice, polenta, that was rather bland. All four dessert choices are delicious. I love the Bosc pear crostata with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rendezvous is fab food and friendlymarydeVIPDined on 3/8/2014Rendezvous serves up warmth, inventive and delicious fare, impeccable service and memories all in Central Square. This is the place where everybody could and would "know your name." A fave rave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful place to celebrateFood4thoughtDined on 3/7/2014I have come here a lot and it is the restaurant we go to for special events. We have never been disappointed. The food is lovely, fresh and original from The tuna appetizer to the two desserts the four of us shared. It is creative and beautiful. The timing of the meal was perfect, allowing time for us to be leisurely even with a late night reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!MarsVIPDined on 3/7/2014Took a good friend to dinner for her birthday and Rendezvous was a great choice. We had the scallops and squid for apps - both dishes were terrific! Dinner was salmon and skate -- again the fish was perfectly prepared and delicious. I always find great dishes on the menu here. I love the comfortable atmosphere and the service was perfect too. Can't miss with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this little gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/7/2014At Rendezvous the food is outstanding! Everything is simply delicious and screaming fresh and clean. Don't tell anyone, we don't want to have to wait weeks for a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulStephenVIPDined on 3/6/2014Dinner with friends on Thursday evening before Symphony. Our server was charming, helpful and efficient. Salads and entrees, as always, were beautifully prepared and everyone was pleased. Excellent cocktails and a very good, fairly priced wine selection. What can one say: Steve Johnson's Rendezvous is one of the loveliest dining experiences around. Great for a casual dinner or an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodFourfoodiesmeetingDined on 3/4/2014Between four of us foodies we had the skate wings, salmon, seafood salad appetizer,vegetable lasagna appetizer, tuna crudo and butternut squash soup! We all tasted everything and thought every single dish was extremely flavorful without being pretentious or overwrought! Very interesting combinations made for exciting eating. All the fish dishes were tender and flaky. Skate wings were a real treat. Drinks were very good and unusual. Buttemilk pudding and pear crostada were well executed. Based on our experience, you can not go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 ladies in search of a good mealfoodlover1Dined on 3/4/2014I took two friends -- 92 and 93 respectively -- and one of their daughters and they loved the restaurant. They especially commented on the service, which was the best we had had in quite awhiie. For sure I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014It's always a pleasure to eat at Rendezvous. The food is always excellent, the service impeccable, with Steve Johnson always around, always making sure that every detail is attended to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greateveningannnicholsDined on 3/1/2014We have been to Rendez Vows several times a.We have always enjoyed the food and restaurant.The staff are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.