Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach
2409 N Dixie Hwy
West Palm Beach, FL 33407Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mycafecentro.com/
- Phone: 5615144070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm (from Allora Menu); Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jairo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Contact us for further information and details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Piano Bar is available for private parties. If the function is in season there is a fee for the room. We offer packages for dining and a twenty percent gratuity plus tax will be added to the total bill.
- Private Party Contact: Terry Hubbard 5613189696
- Entertainment: We have various Piano Players that play a wide range of music from Gershwin to Billy Joel to Elton John to Bobby Darren and American Standards. In season The Piano Bar is usually booked a week in advance to reserve dining tables. The Bar seating is not available for reservation.
A word from Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach
Cafe Centro is a stylish and chic restaurant with a warm and comfortable ambiance. You are surrounded by exposed White Savannah Brick walls and high vaulted ceilings from the 1920"s. Local artist's paintings adorn the wall that changes monthly to support the local community. The cuisine is high quality at a fair price and ranged from Free Range Chicken to fresh seafood and homemade pasta's and Gourmet Pizza. The Cafe Centro Piano Bar has entertainment seven nights a week during the High Season and the Piano player starts at Seven O'clock. The room is warm and cozy but, elegant as well as charming. We also offer dining on our outdoor veranda along side of Bougainvilleas and lush greenery and beautiful Gardenia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in West Palm Beach ›
Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great night outOpenTableFrequentFlyerVIPDined on 10/12/2013We had the most fun night...GREAT place to celebrate and let loose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Fun Fun & Good Food ToochatzeVIPDined on 9/27/2013It was my first time at Cafe Centro - and It will not be my last - OMG! What a fun place to eat drink and be happy ! Everyone is so friendly, the food is great and the music is amazing! You must - Everyone is dancing.....happy and having a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall, we enjoy the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2013overall, we enjoy the restaurant very much. Food is good, but not great. Nights they have music in piano bar is great, especially when Ray had is performing.Special Features:
- great place to dineBob1Dined on 8/3/2013We like this place the food and the service is great our bar tender Andre was great all in all this is a good place to eat and drink.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013We had a wonderful time there. Make sure you get a table in the piano room. The entertainer was great, he had the whole room involved? The wait staff was good. If noise and music aren't your thing, you can dine in the quiet room. Not too pricey and portions were just right. It was a wonderful evening, we stayed after our dinner was done and ordered wine and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningTwigDined on 6/29/2013Love the atmosphere for dining on a date or with friends. The food and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprised is.jossstrowVIPDined on 5/31/2013We were surprised how much we enjoyed Cafe Centro. It was crowded and the piano bar was busy. The service was good and we all enjoyed what we ordered. The surrounding neighbor is different from the street where the restaurant is located.Special Features:
- Good Italian diningDocnickDined on 5/26/2013Good food in a pleasant setting. Good Italian food for a casual evening. My Branzini was tasty and my wife's seafood pasta was filled with nicely prepared calamari and other seafood. We did not have an appetizer nor dessert.Special Features:
- Funky fun foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013Food is great and the place is alive Like the piano barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2013Not crowded but very friendly but extremely slow serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food and fun at great prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013This was my third time at Cafe Centro, and I can officially declare that the great food and entertainment I experienced the first and second times was not a fluke! They are consistent. I recommend seats in "the back room with the Piano," where things are more lively and spirited. We came in on Mothers Day night to celebrate with my wife and daughters, and it was a terrific time. Don't miss this awesome place - it's much better than you will find in chain restaurants at similar pricing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We must be in the minority.SearoverDined on 5/9/2013We say a review on TV and picked it for an Anniversary dinner. Almost only twosome there. Many groups of 6-8. Most seemed to be requlars - the Piano Player took 5 minutes just going aroung to see old friends and collect requests ($$). Lots of loud talking. Waitstaff were GREAT - we go brave on the menu - our mistake. Prices were reasonable (one app. two entrees, coffees and a bottle of wine $92). We left a big tip - but will not go back.Special Features:
- Small portionslimericktruckerDined on 5/4/2013Nice looking restaurant, very clean and setup well. Very friendly staff. Food excellent overall. Suggested from a family member...I found them to have very small portions, but good pricing. I don't think I would visit again, nothing to bring me back to this place- kind of in the middle of a out of the way area for me. Very upset about the portion size, would have rather been charged more for more food. Had the fish special, came with 2 clams and 2 shrimp and 2 mussels. Not enough to eat for $25.00. Left still hungry.
- Where the old rich folk hang outBabsVIPDined on 5/1/2013I love this place but at 53 I feel like a kid. Average patron is easily 75. Rich, but old. God love em. But the food is good and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed. Great for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and very goodClevefanDined on 4/24/2013Excellent food and very good service. The portions are large, fresh, and tasty. I would go again.Special Features:
- Have taken out of town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Have taken out of town guests to Cafe Centro several times and it's always a hit. The piano bar is lively with great music - sing alongs - and the food is fabulous and very well priced. Never been disappointed.Special Features:
- kLove the piano and singers....someOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2013kLove the piano and singers....sometimes hard to talk, but fun.Special Features:
- Meal was greatGot caffeinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013Meal was greatGot caffein coffee asked for decaf up all nightSpecial Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2013The food was great and the piano player was terrific.Special Features:
- So fun, the singer is great.PammyDined on 3/8/2013So fun, the singer is great. Food is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Sing it Piano ManAjoy2bVIPDined on 3/6/2013We dined on a Wednesday night & sat in the piano bar area. The music was fabulous. The owner was there with a group of friends and sang along with piano player. It was like a karaoke but so much fun. People were dancing. Oh! And the food was good as usual.Special Features:
- THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THATOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/6/2013THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT WE HAD DINNER AT CAFE CENTRO THIS YEAR.THE HOSTESS WAS LOVELY AND WAITER WAS VERY ACCOMODATING BUT THE FOOD WAS TERRIBLE.I HAD A CHICKEN MARSALA THAT HAD NO FLAVOR.IT WAS BURIED IN A TASTELESS MUSHROOM SAUCE.IT WAS WORSE THAN CAFETERIA FOOD.MY HUSBAND HAD A DRIED OUT CHICKEN PARMESIAN THAT WAS IN A WATERY RED SAUCE. WE WERE VERY SURPRISED AS WE ALWAYS ENJOYED OUR DINNERS IN PREVIOUS YEARS. THE PIANO PLAYER WAS VERY GOOD!!!
- Enjoyable cabaret dining experiencebk117VIPDined on 3/2/2013Enjoyable cabaret dining experience has declined both in terms of food quality and ambiance. Piano player now staging ridiculous nightclub act.Special Features:
- I have eaten here often andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013I have eaten here often and really enjoy the food and ambience. The front room is quieter and good window views. The outside tables are fun and friendly since it is an interesting historical albeit renovated neighborhood. The back room is fun unless you really want to have a good conversation and then the piano is distracting. All in all a good restaurant in WPB and a consistently good menu and fresh fish!!Special Features:
- Has to be my favorite restaurant--WOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Has to be my favorite restaurant--We keep bringing new customers with us who continue to patronize this fine restaurant. Best osso bucco anywhereSpecial Features:
- Cheap SeatsAjoy2bVIPDined on 2/17/2013We dine at Cafe Centro relatively regularly. It is easier to open table a reservation than call. Well... When we arrived & said we booked on open table we were only allowed to sit in a certain area - not in the room where there was entertainment even though there were open tables. It was not until I disputed it that she allowed us to sit where we preferred. It did not ruin our dinner but Cafe Centro is no longer on top of our list. The food is good. That's why we go back.
- This is our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2013This is our favorite restaurant in Palm Beach County, It's a "go to" when ever we meet people from south county and have never had a bad meal there. Ambiance in piano room is terrificSpecial Features:
- Five StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The mussels were superb and the trout melted in your mouth. The entertainment over the top! Highly reccomend. Can't wait to go back. Art S.Special Features:
- Entertainment great. We hadLowmanDined on 2/8/2013Entertainment great. We had a wonderful evening with some Cleveland friends. They were overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Have been here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Have been here before and had a wonderful dinner. This time 4 people, 4 bad meals. Service fair at best. Nobody very concerned when 4 meals came back, 3 mostly uneaten. 2 Salmon dinners, my wife's smelled like fish. Just a poor meal, will never return!
- The music was so much fun.amybVIPDined on 2/5/2013The music was so much fun. We got out of our chairs and started dancing. Could have been slightly quieter while we were eating.Special Features:
- the menu is good anad authentic,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2013the menu is good anad authentic, the staff attentive. Certainly worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Good food. Music in mainamybVIPDined on 1/29/2013Good food. Music in main dining room. Good for a small group, otherwise it gets too loud and hard to have a conversation. Room on left is very nice and quieter.
- The food is not the main attractionOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/24/2013The food is not the main attraction although better than many. Ray, the performer, brings in the weekend crowd who keep coming back for more. The room is attractive and very crowded but no one seems to care. Great spirit and lots of fun!Special Features:
- a great time was had by all...goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013a great time was had by all...good food ....great entertainment...... the ony problem was when I made the reservation my only request was not to have one long table and I wasn't given any indication that that would be a problem. I wish that they would have been up front and let me know that it might not be possible to accomodate me. In spite of the disapointment of having one long table we had a great time.......Special Features:
- Love the pistachio tartufo!....ButVisitorDined on 1/15/2013Love the pistachio tartufo!....But that's rushing too fast to dessert. Dinner was delicious and atmosphere with the piano music is delightful.Special Features:
- Will do againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/13/2013We had been by it many times but had not realized what a gem it was. The food was great and the service personable, knowledgable and helpful. A very pleasent surprise, one that we will repeat.Special Features:
- We have dined here severalopentableVIPVIPDined on 1/12/2013We have dined here several times and the food is always excellent. Our waiter Thomas was very attentive and was very fast to respond to any request Certainly a hidden gem!!Special Features:
- What fun! Reservation honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013What fun! Reservation honored exactly as requested, food was great and there is no place quite like this when the piano player is "on". We'll be back!Special Features:
- Food was very good. We wereamybVIPDined on 1/8/2013Food was very good. We were their on a quiet night and Te in the front room. It was perfect for being able to talk.Special Features: