Olazzo - Silver Spring
8235 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Olazzo - Silver Spring
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olazzo.com/
- Phone: 3015882540x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Olazzo - Silver Spring
An authentic Italian with Old World flavor. Italian Cuisine, Martini Bar, and Catering. Come in an give us a try. Listed in the Washingtonian 100 Best Bargain Restaurants 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Olazzo - Silver Spring - Best Restaurants in Silver Spring ›
Olazzo - Silver Spring reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)romantic (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- no required tip for large groupKyleVIPDined on 3/12/2014We reserved a table for 6, then changed it to a table for 8, on OpenTable. The restaurant hadn't gotten word of the change, but made a quick adjustment to accommodate our party. The many members of the group tried a variety of entrees; everyone was pleased with their meals. Amazingly, the check didn't come with an included service charge for our party. (Seems to be the norm most everywhere.) We were happy to tip, of course, as the service was excellent and the good was great. Nice to know some places still leave it to the customer to decide, and the restaurant to earn, the extra.Special Features:
- I Love OlazzoEastBrunswickFoodieDined on 3/1/2014Simply put, Olazzo is a wonderful restaurant in every respect.Special Features:
- Consistently fabulousWilmaDined on 2/21/2014Have eaten here 3 times and it has been great every time. The calamari is to die for. I could eat it every day. My daughter and her boyfriend consider it their special restaurant and introduced us to it. It is much further for us to travel, but worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an excellent neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/17/2014This is an excellent neighborhood restaurant. The food is very good. The service is outstanding. Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Even Better the 2nd time!HerbieChewDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I wanted to come back but we invited another couple this time. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely for a Valentine's Day double date. After trying to convince one of the owners to bring a location to Baltimore (unsuccessfully) we tried the Tiramisu... awesome! His concern for preserving the quality of his restaurants over expansion was actually encouraging. So I'll just travel... because I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Silver SpringcancincDined on 2/3/2014I've eaten here on my past two trips to Silver Spring and the service great, all dishes excellent, and a decent wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great niteJudithBDined on 2/1/2014Brought a friend for her 1st visit to Olazzo's, and again everything was wonderful. Had some of our old favorites and some new ones as well. Service was friendly and wonderful. Olazzo's is high on our favorite spot list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!RockhopperDined on 1/25/2014Had a great time here. It was our first time but we had heard good things. The place was crowded but we got a table right away. The back room had big parties and was very noisy, so they sat us in the front room, which was much better. We had the gnocchi bolognase and fruita de mar, both of which were excellent. A salad came with the meal, so an appetizer was not necessary. We did have the calamari for an appetizer. The calamari was good, but not excellent. It was a large portion. The waitstaff was excellent. We will definitely be back to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Town-Out of Sight!Luv2dineVIPDined on 1/24/2014Visiting the area and last minute needed a place near College Park to dine. Went on Open Table and Trip Advisor and both gave raving reviews. Taken on time after making res. Servers were very polite and knowledgable of menu. Nicely priced wine list and excellent home cooked style dishes. Had the roasted eggplant pasta dish, very fresh and pasta was tasty and not smothered in heavy sauce. Will definitely make Olazzo a regular stop when visiting our family in this area. Great meal and great open table recommendationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem in downtown Silver SpringGrannyDined on 1/18/2014We were delightfully surprised by the delicious and generous portions at Olazzo's. We got there early and had a reservation so there were no problems. By the time we left there was a line waiting by the door. I think they have been discovered by the locals!Special Features:
- FantasticluvsredmeatDined on 1/13/2014Second time eating there, ordered the exact same thing. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!jlh037Dined on 1/11/2014The food here is fantastic! I've been here three times now and have never been disappointed! I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014This Italian American restaurant is greater than the sum of it's parts. Food is always good. Pricing is just right. Servers are always cordial. Atmosphere reminds me of places been to when visiting Italy. Homemade meatballs remind me of the italian babysitter I had as a child. MARTINI TUESDAY is amazing as they have a good variety of specialty martinis (italian surfer dude among my favorites).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencearleaterzDined on 1/8/2014Delicious food, outstanding friendly service. Especially liked the mozzarella garlic bread, the ciabatta, and the off-menu spaghetti with meat sauce (not the on-menu bolognese). Found a very nice win, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent and close to homepamelaVIPDined on 1/4/2014This family owned restaurant is EXCELLENT!! the food is tasty, the portion size is generous and the staff is friendly and efficient. Anything with the ROSE sauce is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSG12334Dined on 12/31/2013Food and service is always good at Olazzo, so I continue to go back! Keep up the good work.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteJayTVDined on 12/30/2013Near, but not in, downtown Silver Spring, so this restaurant caters to locals rather than the tourist crowd. I regularly go there for casual business lunches because the noise level (especially in the back room) is conducive to conversation. The food is good and consistent, and the wait staff is pleasant and efficient. Pricing is at an appropriate level for a casual business lunch for that area. I have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is as good as theSkitripper1VIPDined on 12/21/2013The food is as good as the Bethesda location and they take reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work time lunchBizzyBeesKeeperVIPDined on 12/20/2013Love this place for dinner. Starting to visit for lunch. Great staff and great food!Special Features:
- DisapppointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/16/2013I had heard a lot of good things about Olazzo from friends, and went there for a birthday. My wife arrived first, and the hostess asked her if she would like a dessert delivered to the table. My wife agreed and even selected the dessert, but it never arrived. The food was mediocre, and I could have made a better meal at home. We asked our server for Parmesan cheese and it never came. Maybe we caught them on an off night, but frankly, I was disappointed with the experience after hearing so many good things about it.
- unevenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013My second time there. Service is uneven, food is uneven. It's pleasant though. I wouldn't hesitate to go back for a moderately priced casual dinner in Silver Spring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!!luvsredmeatDined on 12/9/2013The food was terrific! My date had the shrimp and crab penne and I had the gnocchi Bolognese. My meal was fantastic and she said she really liked hers. We had the calamari appetizer - really good, but way too much for 2 people. And, on Mondays, bottles of wine are 1/2 price! A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/29/2013The interior has an old world feel. Food was delicious. Lots of options for vegetarians. Attentive, friendly wait staff. Felt as if we had ventured into the city for fine dining. Looking forward to more enjoyable dining experiences at Olazzo.Special Features:
- It was my first time there.KimBDined on 11/23/2013It was my first time there. Our server was spectacular and very knowledgeable of both the wine and food. The food was good, I enjoyed my calamari appetizer better than my entrée'. I would come again with my spouse or friends. From where we sat I don't think it is a great place to bring kids. It has a romantic atmosphere not a family one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Lunch, Great Value!KappyDined on 11/20/2013A former colleague and I met for lunch last week. I recommended Olazzo based on an excellent dinner my wife and I had last year with friends. For lunch, we had the eggplant parm with vegetables. It was delicious! Service was very good, so my second experience here was as good as the first. The entire lunch with tip was $15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!SolstadDined on 11/17/2013We were a group of four on a Sunday night-the front room/bar area was packed, loud and noisy. We were led to the back room, which was very quiet and almost empty. Our server was the best, very attentive but not obsequious, just very gracious and friendly- I wish we got her name. The calamari app was extremely generous and tasty with a zippy marinara. We each got a different entree, everyone was happy. Very large portions, so by the time the entree came we were pretty full. Three us took home most of our entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!jlh037Dined on 11/15/2013This was my second time dining here and I absolutely loved it! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food and serviceJohnVIPDined on 11/14/2013I enjoy Olazzo a lot! Never had bad service or food. I usually go with the special, because it doesnt let me down and it is usually a seafood dish that I want to try or have enjoyed in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal CustomerLaurenDined on 11/13/2013Love this place! I have NEVER had a bad meal here out of the 20+ times I've beenSpecial Features:
- Awesome find near the metro!YourmomDined on 11/2/2013I had some friends come to DC and want to eat dinner with me. I live north of Frederick, MD, so I chose this place on a whim because it was close to the metro station. I could not have been happier with the experience. Great food and excellent service! I can't wait to come back with other friends!Special Features:
- My friends and I dined hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2013My friends and I dined here on a Thursday evening. Our server was wonderful, as were the salads and bread that accompanied the meal (I couldn't stop eating the ciabatta!). We ordered the arrancini appetizer which was a perfect portion for the 5 of us to have a taste but not get too full. The star dish of the evening was definitely the special that night: Butternut squash ravioli. All of the food tasted fresh and was well seasoned. The only suggestion I would have is to expand the dessert menu; my husband and I wanted something sweet but were not fans of the three dishes that were available that evening. Other than that, it was an excellent experience!Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem in downtown SSSSNativeDined on 10/19/2013The wife and I hit Olazzo once every few months. The menu is somewhat limited to basic items, but the food is very tasty. The restaurant is pretty small. We prefer to sit up front at a booth in the bar area. The food is very tasty and they also have a good bar menu.Special Features:
- pasta loversLauraDined on 10/12/2013the pasta was great, appetizers excellent, but some other entrees to round out the menu would be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will give them another chancecparkVIPDined on 10/8/2013Our order was lost in the kitchen and we had to wait well over an hour for our meal. Our meal was automatically comped. People are human. I have eaten there before and had an awesome experience. So will give another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!YummoDined on 10/4/2013Olazzo was a great restaurant for a Friday night! The mussels with white wine and lemon were out of this world. For the entrees, we thoroughly enjoyed the mango salmon, fettuccini alfredo and gnocchi. Highly recommend Olazzo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot, Varied MenuJBDCVIPDined on 9/26/2013I enjoyed my meal at Olazzo a great deal. The atmosphere was low key, service was outstanding, and the array of choices on the menu were a real plus. I have never had a better bowl of minestrone than I had here! The only criticism I have is that the dessert options were very limited. Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of Downtown Silver SpringUncleQuillisDined on 9/25/2013One of the absolute best Italian restaurants in the Washington Metro Area! Excellent bartenders and the service was great! The Gem of Georgia Avenue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a pleasant surprise!BumbleVIPDined on 9/1/2013Such a pleasant surprise! We had tried to go to another restaurant nearby that was closed and stumbled upon Olazzo which we had always wanted to try but didn't realize it was in the same vicinity. Right off the bat, even though we were early (dinner prep just getting started) the restaurant was very accommodating! We were seated up past the kitchen in the back, and it was such a cool space- started with calamari and it was delicious! I ordered eggplant Parmesan and it was some of the best I've eaten! my husband had sausage, peppers over pasta and he really enjoyed it! Service was great- we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Silver Spring visitSandyjkVIPDined on 8/27/2013Healthy portions of tasty Italian dishes. In spite of the torn up street in front and the need to cross barriers, the place was crowded on a weekday dinner hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crab cakes were delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2013The crab cakes were delicious! The Brooklyn Cocktail was a perfect start to the evening!Special Features: