Olazzo - Silver Spring
8235 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Olazzo - Silver Spring
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olazzo.com/
- Phone: 3015882540x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Olazzo - Silver Spring
An authentic Italian with Old World flavor. Italian Cuisine, Martini Bar, and Catering. Come in an give us a try. Listed in the Washingtonian 100 Best Bargain Restaurants 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Olazzo - Silver Spring - Best Restaurants in Silver Spring ›
Olazzo - Silver Spring reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (12)special occasion (12)romantic (10)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- UdelmomdadcriticsUdelmomdadcriticsDined on 10/17/2014I only relied on open table info and was thrilled that everything was as great as expected! We had good wine and great pastas. We hit more traffic than anticipated and were a little late. Staff was very accommodating and it was a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014The waiters were very friendly and attentive. Fantastic desserts!Special Features:
- Look, honor your reservationscigarknightVIPDined on 10/11/2014...OK, granted, I was perhaps not in the best mood...but, why does any restaurant take a reservation and then make you wait? This place is obviously popular...and the noise is incredible...but, I was so cheesed off by the wait...and the attitude of the obviously overwhelmed manager...that I waited to be called, as the remainder of my party waited outside...just to decline the seating...customer service is terrible, but it may be the best restaurant in the area as far as I know...
- Great iraloan placemerskampVIPDined on 10/6/2014Been coming here on and off for years. Affordable good food, nice close setting. Not too loud and always good service. Just avoid sitting by the door in winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationpamelaVIPDined on 9/29/2014this is a great location close to home with excellent food. I chose to take my nephew to celebrate his birthday. He had never been there and really enjoyed the food. I always get the same thing...shrimp and crab pasta with rose sauce which was excellent.Special Features:
- My favoriteluvsredmeatDined on 9/26/2014The food is so good! This is my favorite restaurant in Silver Spring. I always get the gnocchi. My girlfriend got the shrimp and crab dish, and said it was good too. I can't say enough about how good their food is!Special Features:
- DisappointedFamilyManDined on 9/16/2014My initial visit to Olazzo several months ago was delightful. It was five stars. This visit was disappointing. It was a late evening reservation (9:15p.m.) The staff had shifted to closing mode. Their emphasis was in getting us out the door. Food was not very good. We were seated in the front and the door to the restaurant was open and we were bombarded with the smell of cigarette smoke wafting into the restaurant from the smokers standing in front of the club next door. I know closing up is a priority for staff but it shouldn't be to the detriment of the late diners of your establishment.
- getinherbellyDined on 9/11/2014Everytime we go I try a new items on menu or the daily special. I loved them all. I always order the OLAZZO house drink. Its fresh n fruity. We come at least 2 times a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we come often. I love this place!!!getinherbellyDined on 9/11/2014We love this place good people good drinks good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceRonNicDined on 9/9/2014But very noisy. We chose to sit outside on the street because of that. Food and wine were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NothappyDined on 8/28/2014First time there. Clam chouder special had too much flour filler and too few clams. Veal Parmesan was tough and tasteless. Dining room setting was too dark making it difficult to read menu.
- Favorite restaurant!hbcarterVIPDined on 8/16/2014We love Olazzo and go there whenever we have a free night out! Ryan the bartender is the best and always remembers our names and drinks! Best place in Silver Spring!Special Features:
- Poor experience at Olazzo Silver SpMel27VIPDined on 8/14/2014Service poor. Salads did not arrive 30 mins after ordering. We asked, waiter said kitchen was busy. About 2 mins later entrees arrived. Sent them back then got our salads. They did remake the entrees so they would be fresh. Food was ok.
- Rob's revieweatoutDined on 8/14/2014Made reservation; expected a romantic atmosphere. Instead was placed at a table between the bar and the kitchen. Very noisy. The service was terrible. I had to even ask another waitress to bring me my check, it took so long.
- No question that We WILL return!dingo677Dined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation for my wife's birthday and very glad i chose Olazzo! The meals were outstanding and staff couldnt be more friendly and accomodating ! She and I have already made plans for our next visit! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarkbreakfastloverVIPDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant was small, but charming. Service was timely, and the servers very polite. The arancini were excellent, as were the wild mushroom gnocci. The only negative was, the room was very dark. You'll be using a flashlight to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014Olazzo is one of the better places in downtown Silver Spring, with all your classic Italian favorites. The main dishes at dinner have been quite good, the decor and atmosphere are comfortable and the service is good. I've been there many times for dinner but this was my first time there for lunch. I had teh Roman Salad, with ordinary greens and slightly over salted chicken. Probably good for the quick lunch crowd from nearby offices, but a little too much like Olive garden and other chains for my liking. I think I'll stick with dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice portions, great food.KellysVIPDined on 7/28/2014The grilled shrimp was delicious and huge! Warm bread and dipping sauce was very nice.Special Features:
- Almost authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I ate at Olazzo several years ago and very much enjoyed the meal but after our trip to Italy early this year for our honeymoon we have a new appreciation for Olazzo. As soon as we sat down, we were transported back to Florence, Italy with good food and great ambience plus it was famly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was mehBruceincharlotteVIPDined on 7/24/2014Odd that the meatball was cold. Maybe that's the way they do it here. The lasagna, on the other hand, was excellent. Service was off - the gal had too many tables and was running too much to take care of the ones outside to properly take care of inside.Special Features:
- Great!LoveAnnapolisDined on 7/11/2014Food was delicious, service was great! The lighting in the restaurant is a little on the dark side. I am young and had a difficult time seeing things. This is one area for improvement. Other than that, the experience was great!Special Features:
- A little SurprisedDougWDined on 7/3/2014When I see such high reviews I expect an experience that is memorable. My martini was very nice, the Arancini (Saffron risotto balls) were very nice, my lasagna with meat sauce was loaded with meat and very nice, the caprese was very nice, and the Ravioli Rose was the star of the evening. The experience was 'very nice' but nothing creative or memorable... just a solid meal with good service. I was hoping for more but this is a solid contender for a go to place for a very nice meal!Special Features:
- Surprisingly nice,yummy28Dined on 7/1/2014This is a hidden gem right across the street from my daughter's new apartment. I took my daughter and her boyfriend for an early dinner. All three entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful foodCheeryDined on 6/28/2014Sauce from a can? Very sweet taste. Eggplant was tough. Sat at back of restaurant near fireplace and back door/storage room. Very musty smell.
- Mixed BagFiresignDined on 6/26/2014This wasn't our first visit to Olazzo, and unfortunately, this time was a bit of a let-down. Some dishes were excellent (appetizers); others were average (eggplant parm). Adding to the oddity- it was nearly 90 degrees outside on our visit, and the AC was not running properly in our unusually sunny section of an otherwise intimately lit restaurant. Our large party had a small desk fan aimed at us, and not a word of explanation about the uncomfortable temperature from the staff. At one point, one of my obviously melting guests mentioned to the server that it was rather hot, and the comment was not even acknowledged. Server seemed shy and inexperienced. This isn't the caliber of experience have come to expect here and will try again.Special Features:
- The following 256 reviews are from the Olazzo - Silver Spring reviews archive.
- Great Dining near our hotelDavidDined on 6/20/2014We were staying in the Silver Springs area for a family function, and my wife and I knew this would be our only opportunity to have a nice, quiet dining experience the whole weekend. We were not disappointed. we had nor only a great dining experience\, but great service and terrific food. And it was within walking distance of our hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous local findmangiateDined on 6/14/2014Food was fantastic. Mussels in white wine were outstanding - could have eaten them all night. All of us enjoyed our main courses. Only complaint was a very loud bar patron using foul language - staff should have asked him to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for DinneryumyumDined on 6/9/2014All the staff were very nice and the waitress was great. The food was delicious and it was a great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints! !!getinherbellyDined on 5/24/2014The food was GREAT!! As always.. service was fast she also was attentive to us. Im really impressed with this spot. My party couldn't stop talking about her experience. See u soon!! Thank u!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian DinnerBabaJanDined on 5/17/2014This is a great place for Italian dinner, nice and fresh seafood variety, nice appetizers, great servers. Service may be a little faster.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!RickyBobbyDined on 5/16/2014Went for dinner after my college graduation. We were sat right away. The food and service were great! Only down sides: the lighting was a little dark and there was a half flight of stairs my grandparents needed to climb to go to the dining room.Special Features:
- great restaurants for groupsPharmacDined on 4/15/2014Come here often with clients on nights before FDA meeting.. great way to share american culture/food for people visiting from outside US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food; hot and onYaNeverKnowDined on 4/11/2014Very good food; hot and on time. Service was flawless! The place is a little small; as are the tables, but overall, a five star dining experience. (Might even 'risk' taking my mother there!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutLuv2DineDined on 4/11/2014Nice selection of Martinis and Starters. Ordered the Shrimp and Crab Rose, which was incredibly flavorful and yummy! After the fresh Caprese salad and more than enough of the warm Ciabatta; I am so sorry that I didn't have room for dessert. Friends had Tirimisu which looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of georgia ave.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary on Saturday in all that raining, however this was the bright spot of the evening. The food was delicious with generous portions and reasonably priced. I recommend the crab cakes, I was truly please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!FancykatsDined on 3/22/2014This is our "meet our friends from Va." spot. We love it. The food is consistently delicious. I love the simple way the pasta primavera is made. Our friends got the eggplant lasagna and my husband had plain old spaghetti. The brownie with the hot lava center was out of this world. Service is good.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Staff is knowledgeable about items on the menu and the food is absolutely delicious. Their rose' sauce is absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- a good findprofmomDined on 3/17/2014We were meeting an old friend in downtown Silver Spring and wanted a local restaurant near to her hotel. Olazzo came up in a search and it got decent yelp feedback. The restaurant is small and inviting. The food is very tasty. Dishes are of adequate size. The drinks were reasonably priced and the wine list extensive. Dinner price is probably considered moderate. Parking was our only issue but it worked out fine. You have to find a public lot and bring your quarters for the meter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and imaginatuveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Great service and imaginatuve delicious food make this a great Silver Spring findSpecial Features:
- no required tip for large groupKyleVIPDined on 3/12/2014We reserved a table for 6, then changed it to a table for 8, on OpenTable. The restaurant hadn't gotten word of the change, but made a quick adjustment to accommodate our party. The many members of the group tried a variety of entrees; everyone was pleased with their meals. Amazingly, the check didn't come with an included service charge for our party. (Seems to be the norm most everywhere.) We were happy to tip, of course, as the service was excellent and the good was great. Nice to know some places still leave it to the customer to decide, and the restaurant to earn, the extra.Special Features: