1 Marina Drive
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indigolanding.com/
- Phone: 7035480001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm (for brunch) & 2:00pm-9:00pm regular hours
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Randy Wyche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Indigo Landing offers two private dining rooms in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River. Both rooms are available for private dining and special events.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Eddington 7035489227x
- Entertainment: Live music during Sunday brunch from 11:30-2:00PM.
- Special Events: Indigo Landing offers several private dining options in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River and Reagan National Airport. All areas are available for private dining and special events.
A word from Indigo Landing
Indigo Landing located on Daingerfield Island in Alexandria, VA, offers an innovative American menu featuring seafood and steak favorites in a picturesque setting, overlooking the Potomac River with sweeping water views, expansive outdoor deck. Reservations made through Open Table are good for inside dining only. Outside/patio dining is honored on a first come, first served basis and is not available to parties over 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Indigo Landing - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Indigo Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (158)great for outdoor dining (148)romantic (69)special occasion (66)good for groups (56)great for lunch (52)great for brunch (47)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (25)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Service doesn't match the foodarlingtonfoodieVIPDined on 4/24/2014I had never been before: views of the river are FANTASTIC. Food was predictably expensive but unexpectedly good! It was the best roasted beet salad I had ever had, and the scallop entree was delicious, plus it had five or six good size scallops, unlike the paltry three I have experienced elsewhere. The problem was the service. When I arrived a few minutes before six, there was no one at the desk for at least five minutes. When my friend arrived, we ordered and received wine; after 30 minutes, we started looking for our waitress. We had to ask another service person to find her. She was a very odd character, and a terrible waitress. They have a great location and a great chef; they need to fix their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more staffOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/23/2014Food was good but very slow. Not enough staff. Also, the computer broke down and we had to wait an extra 15 minutes or more to pay our tab after a wait to receive the check.
- Goto placemkdinesoutDined on 4/20/2014It's a relaxing, inviting place. Service was excellent, as was the food and view. It's a great "go to" place when friends from Maryland and Virginia need a special, easy to get to, easy to park, place to meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Evening Easter DiningauroraDined on 4/20/2014Although we missed the buffet on Easter Sunday the regular menu was wonderful and all of us (4) found delicious appetizers, main courses and deserts. The staff was helpful in checking on gluten free items and exchanging side dishes to suit our palates. Always enjoy our dining experience at Indigo Landing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK except for the rules.DickandGGDined on 4/20/2014We were dissapointed one time because the Chicken and Dumplings on the menu was available only at the bar and not at a table just outside the bar. We had to leave another time because we just wanted a salad and the only thing available was an expensive buffett. In order to be able to order from the menu on this most recent visit, we had to come at 2pm or after. The Chicken Ceasar Salad was good. The view is always nice. But before you get your heart set on an entre, be sure it is available at that time and at that table!Special Features:
- Great ViewsSeafoodDined on 4/19/2014The views are great and the food was good. I wish they had more of a menu/wine selection. The seafood options are lacking a bit and the wine list was limited. A few of us wanted a white zinfindel, but the restaurant does not have any zinfindels - only reds and chardonnays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and a great location!JimVonBadenDined on 4/18/2014We had a great night, with excellent food and a wonderful atmosphere. Nice for a night out with your SO. Make sure you are not in a rush. The food is good, but it does take some time.Special Features:
- Indigo Landing -- horrible serviceOldTownBertDined on 4/13/2014Indigo Landing (IL) is run by GSI, a government contractor since the restaurant is on National Park Service land on the George Washington Parkway. Since we live in Old Town Alexandria, we dine at IL several times a year, in the evening on days when we can dine on the outdoor deck overlooking National Airport. The food quality is usually okay, but certainly not great nor a bargain, but the pursuit of great food is not why one should go to IL. Despite IL's scenic attributes, which should make it a go-to restaurant, the service invariably is incredibly slow for reasons that are not clear, although last night our waitress had just started working that day at IL. Complaining to a supervisor does no good -- it is like talking to a brick wall.Special Features:
- Worth another visitDonHVIPDined on 4/13/2014The only problem was that service was very, very slow. But the view is great and the food was good, so we know we'll be heading back.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDocMom2nanaDined on 4/13/2014Enjoyed the setting. Nice outdoor eating but also nice indoor seating with a view. Very complete buffet with breakfast and lunch items. All were very beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicePyrateCaptainDined on 4/13/2014Had a blind date which went very well. We met at 12:30 on Sunday, went out to the deck had a mimosa, chatted, then made our way to the brunch area. Food was excellent. While I rated the "noise level" as middle of the road, I only did so because the restaurant is on the DCA flight path... no one's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group of sixbirthdaycelebDined on 4/12/20146 of us celebrating sister`s birthday. Restaurant was crowded outside but not inside. Service was pretty good, a little slow with some drinks for some in our party .calamari appetizer excellent, beet salad so so. But entrees were truly excellent. All in all a hit with everyoneSpecial Features:
- There are few restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2014There are few restaurants in northern VA with a better location. Outdoor dining at Indigo Landing, on a warm, sunny day, can't be beat. A varied, but not extensive menu. Casual and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairNOVAdinerDined on 4/11/2014I always enjoy this restaurant for the view, even though it was too windy to sit outside. The menu has been updated and the food was good. However, although we had an early evening reservation before the place was busy, service was extremely slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and AtmosphereBoomerVIPDined on 4/10/2014What a great location. The food is quite good and perhaps the limited but good menus helps. The staff are nice but everyone seemed to lack joy? Yes the staff are capable but seemed burnt out or basically unhappy - wake-up call to management - something needs improving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back after a breakFrugalGastronomeVIPDined on 4/10/2014Hadn't been here in awhile, and stopped in for lunch on the outside deck with a friend. Both of our hot sandwiches were delicious (the bun for the perfectly cooked flounder filet was unnecessary), and the service was attentive once they found us. No one minded that we lingered for a long chat after the check arrived. My only complaint is that the music pumped through the outdoor speakers was loud enough to interfere with our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2014I came to Indigo Landing because I found it on a few "best of" lists. I was fully expecting to be blown away by the food...not the case. The appetizers (Salmon Spring Rolls) were actually the best thing we ate, in fact we ordered them twice. The scallops were just OK, not bad but not great either and my boyfriend complained that his steak wasn't great either and that the best thing on his plate was mashed potatoes. Brussel sprouts had NO seasoning at all. I told my boyfriend that the flavored butter (i think that's what it was) that accompanied his steak would set it off...again, not the case. That didn't have much flavor either. Maybe the chef was having a bad day, but if we came back it would be for appetizers and great drinks!Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunch with Live MusicPappySDined on 4/6/2014Four of us met for brunch and sat with a great view of the sailboats and airplanes just South of Ronald Reagan National Airport. The food at brunch was terrific and tasty. We enjoyed it very much and if the weather had been just a little warmer we would have loved to sit out on their beautiful deck. All in all it was a great brunch anyway. Excellent salmon & mussels, made to order omelets and delicious fingerling potatoes. All good! The dessert trays were tasty too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was better than I expectedBtown2Dined on 4/5/2014Food was better than I expected it to be. Service was slow; too few servers. The view was why we chose this restaurant and we weren't disappointed. Had a great view of the Cherry Blossom fireworks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchKarlDined on 4/4/2014Reservations were easy via Open Table and I even got the tabe by the window I asked for. Servie was prompt and the food was good. The server seemed senstive to the business nature of our lunch and did not cut-in during discussions, which was much appreciated. A great venue for a business lunch, and great view of the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous View. Ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2014There was nothing bad about our meal, but nothing exceptional, either. The most enjoyable course was our appetizer: the ciabatta. And our wine was quite good. The server instantly brought me a different wine when I told him I didn't care for mine. He was excellent throughout. The important thing about the restaurant is the spectacular view. It's on the water. You see the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument, and watch planes take off and land at National. Easily worth the price of the meal, which happens to be quite reasonable by DC standards.Special Features:
- Great View - OK FoodRestonVIPDined on 3/28/2014The view is great. The food is ok. Oysters Rockefeller a bit bland and mushy. Crab cakes dense but tasty. Culotte steak a bit tough. House salad was very good, Ceasar salad ok. The service was adequate, but our server did not know the specials very well and could not answer our questions. This place could be phenomenal. What gives?hSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, ok foodArlingtonDined on 3/22/2014Went here for a sunset dinner on the first nice day of the year. Overall the view was great and the outdoor seating looked nice, however the food was very average (especially given the prices), and the service seemed somehow rushed and slow simultaneously. We would possibly go back to show guests the view or grab a drink on the deck, but I don't think it will become a regular spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/22/2014The salmon was amazing. The portion, sauce, sides were terrific. The chicken marsala was lifeless and poorly executed and a bad mix of sides. They need to update their cuisine and the facility. But overall the experience merits a second visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND FOODBRIAN1TERESADined on 3/22/2014The food and atmosphere were excellent. It was the first warm day of Spring 2014 on a Saturday and eating here helped us enjoy it even more. The food presentations and tastes were excellent. It was very pleasant overlooking the potomac river and watching the action at nearby National Airport, which was not close enough to cause a distraction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers see women as worthlessEllieDined on 3/22/2014The food is great, the ambience lovely, the service appallingly insulting. My boyfriend and I met another couple there this past Saturday and both servers completely ignored me from the first time they approached the table, only looked at and spoke with my boyfriend (and then his friend, the other male once he showed up), completely ignoring us, the females. I felt when I had to speak up to give my order, the server looked at me disapprovingly as if I wasn't even allowed to speak and my boyfriend should decide whether I was even allowed to eat! I have NEVER had such an experience in my life anywhere in the world and was shocked and completely insulted! My female friend received the same treatment. Unbelievable, such disdain for women.
- The view was awesome, I reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014The view was awesome, I really enjoyed the atmosphere and so romantic. Overall the food was good not especially great, but good. I think the bar for happy hour would be a must do at some point. I would recommend to friends and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a scenic spot for a very good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Perfect spot for good food and casual enough so that you don't have to dress up too much. Enjoyed the mussells and catch of the day. A very nice way to end a day's visit to Mt. Vernon.Special Features:
- Our service was excellentSarahVIPDined on 3/16/2014From the omlette maker to the waistress to all of the help including the receptionist -- all were fun and very friendly and very helpful. All had warm and wonderful smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view, good foodJahman7493Dined on 3/15/2014Good restaurant, especially when hosting out of town guests. It has one the best views of Potomac and the Washington skyline, especially at night. The restaurant feels isolated from the city, surrounded by trees from the GW Parkway, but it's right off 395 and just north of Alexandria Old Town. Airplane buffs will love watching the planes take off and land at Reagan National. The food is well made and actually pairs well with the great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesfoxyladyDined on 3/8/2014One of my favorites -- lovely overlooking the water, quiet for talking, good food.Special Features:
- Romantic & DeliciousAW51Dined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I went here for a date night and were incredibly satisfied with service, atmosphere and the food. We made reservations (obviously) and when we arrived we asked if they could possibly seat us near a window and the hostess did not even bat an eyelash and gladly sat us where we requested. The night we went was also a clear night and we could see all of south east DC and the surrounding areas. Absolutely beautiful. Our waiter could obviously sense it was a date night and let us be aside from taking our orders and making sure our drinks were filled. This was an amazing experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningN2FabFoodDined on 3/7/2014The food was fantastic ... The seafood fresh and the view of the city and airport runway was south fun. Never been to place before but will def return. Summer we hear is crowded but march was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner spotfridaydinerDined on 3/7/2014Unfortunately, we were not able to take advantage of the brunch, lunch or outdoor dining. We're not bar people nor much in the way of drinkers, late night eaters or real foodies. But we enjoy a good dinner with a good selection from the menu--and good service. And we found it all at Indigo Landing. I made the reservations through Open Table, and got exactly what I asked for--a quiet spot, preferably at a window facing the river. We were only sorry we were too full to try one of the desserts, which all sounded delicious. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Views are spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2014The food was very good, but the views are what makes this place. So lunch or brunch is the time to go, so that you can see the Potomac and the boats and savor the scene.Special Features:
- View was fantasticSc57Dined on 2/23/2014The view the food and the service were outstanding. We all ate something different and every plate was delicious!!Special Features:
- See the sights while you dineDCfoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014The view is what sets Indigo Landing apart. The lights of Washington reflected in the water make a beautiful backdrop to dinner. The menu is mostly seafood, but offers enough other choices if you're disinclined to eat fish. My sea scallops were presented in a lovely bernaise and were delicious and the salmon spring. The pork chop was enormous. Bread pudding was a tasty dessert, but not a soufflé as menu stated. Our bill for three people was $150.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Good foodPopsDined on 2/22/2014Overall, great experience. Only drawback was a party in an adjoining area that was so loud at times that it interrupted our dinner conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met my expectationsBoopDined on 2/16/2014I ordered the crabcakes. They were huge and delicious. This restaurant is now on my top restaurants lists in the DC metro area. My friend ordered the veggie lasagna and it was just as tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great server who hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Had a great server who had worked there for 30 years and the view is spectacular.I would recommend this to a friend.