1 Marina Drive
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indigolanding.com/
- Phone: 7035480001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm (for brunch) & 2:00pm-9:00pm regular hours
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Randy Wyche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Indigo Landing offers two private dining rooms in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River. Both rooms are available for private dining and special events.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Eddington 7035489227x
- Entertainment: Live music during Sunday brunch from 11:30-2:00PM.
- Special Events: Indigo Landing offers several private dining options in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River and Reagan National Airport. All areas are available for private dining and special events.
A word from Indigo Landing
Indigo Landing located on Daingerfield Island in Alexandria, VA, offers an innovative American menu featuring seafood and steak favorites in a picturesque setting, overlooking the Potomac River with sweeping water views, expansive outdoor deck. Reservations made through Open Table are good for inside dining only. Outside/patio dining is honored on a first come, first served basis and is not available to parties over 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Indigo Landing - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Indigo Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (136)great for outdoor dining (128)special occasion (55)romantic (55)good for groups (48)great for lunch (48)neighborhood gem (39)great for brunch (35)fit for foodies (21)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- ReviewAnniversaryDined on 6/28/2014It was our Anniversary but it was not acknowledge even thought I made a comment when I made the reservation on Open Table. The food was very good; service was fine overall but a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that matches the viewAlohaLouieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Usually at a restaurant with an outstanding view (which Indigo Landing certainly has) you expect to get served rather pedestrian dishes. Indigo Landing's menu, though limited, has a rather broad range of excellent food. We particularly enjoyed the seafood and chicken entrée salads.Special Features:
- rjmcDined on 6/22/2014The food prep is weak but ingredients fresh. On entering, the reception was less than inviting. He (the receptionist) seemed bored with his job. We were taken to our table sat for a while waiting for our waiter despite the restaurant not being busy. The sun was directly in my face so we decided to change our table. I flagged down a waiter in another section of the restaurant and told him we would like to move and he approved. We sat for about 10min waiting for a waiter and had to flag down another waiter who suggested that since we had moved was probably why we didn't get waited on. So it was our fault the service was poor. The restaurant itself had an un kept and disheveled feel. This restaurant is crying for better management.Special Features:
- The following 1274 reviews are from the Indigo Landing reviews archive.
- Just right!LouiseDined on 6/22/2014We came to Indigo for a special family occasion and we're not disappointed. The setting on the water with boats and the birds offering delightful diversions was just right service was professional and attentive. We ordered several of the appetizers for all to share, and they were all excellent. Of special note were the fried calamari -- light and crisp batter, and with the occasional banana pepper thrown for a nice bit of tang, likely the best I have had -- and the mussels steamed in a lovely tomato ginger broth. I had been before, and will come again. The rest of my family are now converts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service was excellentSarahVIPDined on 6/20/2014Thank you for the wonderful Service and all of your kindness to our late arrivaling party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/20/2014How close am I to points for a dining coupon from open t?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GKandTJHDined on 6/15/2014I brought my husband here for Father's Day and was pleasantly surprised. We both had the jumbo lump crab cakes which had lots of lump meat and minimal filler. They were delicious. We really enjoyed the food and the scenic surroundings. Service was good and accommodating. We plan to return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, awful brunch buffetMsLizDined on 6/15/2014The food was terrible, cheap & greasy. I was really disappointed in the buffet.Special Features:
- Good Food, Friendly StaffDadDayDined on 6/15/2014The ambiance was welcoming with live music and friendly host. There was a nice selection of food, the cook that made us our waffles was engaging, and our server made sure that we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible date night for my birthdaydisappointedDined on 6/14/2014we showed up at 8pm for our reservation. We had to wait 20 minutes to be sat. Then we were sat outside and our server never showed after 30 minutes. I came to the host who was rude and asked for the manager. I asked to be sat inside at a new table in which she sat us back outside. She told us our server (an older man) was having a bad night. She took our drink order and never came back. 15 minutes later our waitress arrived with our drinks (which were wrong). reservations at 8 an i was able to have water at 9:20. I also was paying for a babysitter so I am glad my time was wasted.The manager never checked on us and the restaurant did nothing to make up for this. the host didn't say goodbye and I got an email saying I didn't show for my tableSpecial Features:
- Best Summer ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014soft summer breezes are best enjoyed in the relaxing atmosphere of Indigo Landing. Comfortable, low-key atmosphere and a menu which gives everyone a choice: full meal, or light fare are all available and the view is incomparable. The service is spot-on and not hovering. Just right. This is our "go-to" restaurant, especially with out-of-town visitors. They all love it.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureGreatfindDined on 6/14/2014What a surprise when I arrived to find this hidden treasure with a great view of the Potomac and the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely place to dineMi2Mi2Dined on 6/13/2014I have taken friends there many times. Now, they come in and request to dine at Indigo Landing. it is always special.Special Features:
- best restaurant near DCAohlaurenoneDined on 6/12/2014I found this restaurant when Googling restaurants near National Airport and feel like I hit the jackpot! Even in rush hour airport traffic (weekend day at 6 pm) this restaurant was just 5 minutes for the airport and was wonderful. Free parking, great menu and beautiful view. It was not too loud and the ambience was really nice. I had the scallops, which were excellent, and my friend had the salmon, which she loved. The portions were generous, the service was wonderful. Wine and dessert options also very good. I would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...with a viewDan1Dined on 6/8/2014A great view of the river, planes taking off/landing at Reagan AP, and very good food.Special Features:
- Beautiful BrunchStephanieVIPDined on 6/8/2014Indigo Landing boasts one of the best views of the Potomac and downtown DC. Not only that but the food is spectacular. We enjoyed lemon garnished salmon, mussels in a delicious butter garlic sauce, freshly seasoned shrimp and lots more brunch items. Thanks for making my Sunday morning memorable.Special Features:
- Green14Dined on 6/7/2014We picked a perfect evening to eat outdoors there. During daylight, some sail boats were out and about and the sky was clear enough to see the Capitol and Washington monument. Then, when dark, the city lights were beautiful. The menu was varied and interesting and the food was fit for my very Foodie friend.Special Features:
- fantastic view of Potomac and DCOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2014this is the place to go when the weather is nice and you would like a very pleasant dining experience right on the water, looking up the Potomac and seeing all of Washington DC. The deck is the place to be on a warm evening, can't be beat, overlooking a lawn going down to the water, some sailboats going by, lots of green and trees, and the river and DC set out in front of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Damage has been fixed!BoochDined on 6/6/2014Our last visit to Indigo Landing was horrible. We heard it had been redone, so gave it a chance, for my wife's birthday. Admittedly, I was taking a big chance. It turned out to be a homerun. The menu had been totally redone, and the waitstaff (a huge problem before) was stellar. Both out meals were excellent. The apps are hearty, and could be easily shared. The entrees were great, tasty and more Han sufficient without being wasteful, and the desserts were excellent as well. The wine list is not huge, but had my wife's favorite champagne! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Perfect outdoor diningSc57Dined on 6/6/2014The food was good the service was great and the views were spectacular!Special Features:
- Go for the ViewqwertyDined on 6/6/2014Food is OK, a bit overpriced. The view of the river, planes taking off and landing is spectacular. You can also have the same view for free at the nearby Afterdeck Cafe if you bring your own food. The cafe also sells snacks and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Dine!ShontellDined on 6/4/2014Indigo Landing is my favorite outdoor dinning restaurant. Its very romantic, scenic and serene. I absolutely love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceLatinLoverDined on 6/4/2014Took my girlfriend there for a first date, and was pleassantly surprised they were accomodating, with a very nice table and a romantic setting outdoors. Unfortunately I took a star off for the noise level of the aircraft taking off every so often; we'd have to stop talking until they went by. The airport is just accross the water, so you can't get around the departing aircraft noise. Otherwise, the food and service were magnificent. Food choices were moderate, but typical for a restaurant like this; however salad and entree choices were significantly reduced because we do not eat pork products. The Salmon was delicious.Special Features:
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Was surprised to find such a wonderful restaurant at the marina. The airplanes are very noisy when they takeoff in the direction of the restaurant, and you're sitting outside, but otherwise it is a great location. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- Unrealized PotentialOzuoVIPDined on 6/1/2014We were a party of 6 at Sunday Brunch celebrating a birthday. The outside seating and view was spectacular as always. The food was a non-memorable average Bruch fair: Omelet and waffle stations about 2 additional breakfast entrees and 4 lunch entrees for $35 per person. Not worth it. The food was just ok. The service was just ok. the décor was dated but just ok. I think most people come here for the view. Indigo is in desperate need of a face list; start with several coats of paint; then replace the threadbare carpets, update the furniture, add more variety to the menu. Expand the brunch offering....Either that or keep doing what you are doing until nobody shows up!Special Features:
- Very nice, with one problempresshikerDined on 5/31/2014Very nice setting with a very nice view and very good food. We had an outside table and could see the Washington Monument and the Capitol lighted in the distance up the Potomac. Unfortunately, there was a large wedding party, which nearly overwhelmed the kitchen. An hour wait for an appetizer order to arrive is a bit long. The server seemed to do the best she could. We weren't in a hurry and someone did eventually apologize but didn't offer any comps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewSOGBDined on 5/31/2014Food was so-so. The appetizer was great, but the sandwiches my wife and I had was not the best (smoked samon, and fried flounder). The samon was alright except that it was the thin sliced smoke samon which my wife did not prefer. Except for me drowining the flounder sandwich in the tartar suace--it just lacked flavor. Went for the view and it was great, you're right next to Regan National airport though and the planes taking off were distracting at first (we ate outside). Our main server was ok, but went AWOL for about a half an hour. The other staff however did pick up some the slack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gofortheview1Dined on 5/30/2014We went on a beautiful Friday evening at 7pm and it was a lovely setting for dinner and a sunset. Food was good, my scallops were yummy and my husband enjoyed his steak. The wine was not exceptional but it was okay... It really is a lovely view and we enjoyed watching the planes landing at the airport.Special Features:
- Indigo Landingjus4funDined on 5/25/2014The restaurant has a large outdoor deck overlooking the Potomac and National Airport. You can hear the planes taking off and landing but it didn't seem intrusive or make conversation difficult. Without really looking too closely, it appears sitting inside would offer a similar view. Hostess wasn't overly friendly but our waiter, Matt, was very good. The food was so-so...looked good but nothing special. Prices are moderate. All-in-all I wouldn't make a special trip to IL for the food but would definitely go back for an evening on the deck...or perhaps appetizers and a beverage at the attractive bar.Special Features:
- Great view and location, mehh foodAJnDCDined on 5/25/2014Was there for brunch. Great location with beautiful, scenic views of the river and airport. The food was solidly ok, nothing was outstanding. Service was ok ... not bad, but not good either.
- Great food average servicemrsfoodieDined on 5/24/2014I was celebrating my anniversary. It wasn't that crowded yet the service was extremely slow. The scallops and crab cakes made up for the service. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the return tripJohnaf41Dined on 5/24/2014Service is very good and staff is attentive... Food menu is somewhat limited. However, the presentation was first class and the food was goodSpecial Features:
- good view, be patient2014AceDined on 5/23/2014Nice views, food decent, but service slow. Long waits to order drinks, apps, food, and to get bill. At least the service was hospitable though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet & relaxingrelaxingdinerDined on 5/23/2014Informal dining, nice booths with scenic view of the river. Plenty of outdoor tables on the deck. Friendly staff from the time entering and while leaving. Reservations were easy and table was ready. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved it!DCladyVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had a group of 8 for a birthday dinner and everything incredible. Everyone raved about their food -- salmon, scallops, lamb chops, steack and fish of the day. We were inside (unfortunately it was raining), at the far end by the deck and we had a great view and very attentive service from bartender to server. We will definitely be back and hopefully in better weather to enjoy outside or better views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday evening dinnerDocMom2nanaDined on 5/18/2014Very nice atmosphere. Delicious food, well presented and prepared. There with husband and 19 yo son. Crab cakes were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent Buffet Brunch!StephDined on 5/18/2014We absolutely love Indigo Landing, especially on Sundays for their outstanding buffet brunch. The quality of the food is amazing and the selection of breakfast, lunch and dessert items are to die for! Highly recommend this local gem for a special occasion, or a fabulous lunch on the deck overlooking DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Enjoyed dinner very much. Food came out quickly and as ordered.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014We had a nice dinner, excellent service and a beautiful view of the Potomac River.Special Features:
- Unique spot on the waterDowntownerDined on 5/14/2014There are few places around D.C. that have such a nice view of both the Potomac River and surrounding area. We ordered the arugula and beet salad, which was fresh and very delicious. Fish dishes were solidly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.