1 Marina Drive
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indigolanding.com/
- Phone: 7035480001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm (for brunch) & 2:00pm-9:00pm regular hours
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Randy Wyche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Indigo Landing offers two private dining rooms in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River. Both rooms are available for private dining and special events.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Eddington 7035489227x
- Entertainment: Live music during Sunday brunch from 11:30-2:00PM.
- Special Events: Indigo Landing offers several private dining options in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River and Reagan National Airport. All areas are available for private dining and special events.
A word from Indigo Landing
Indigo Landing located on Daingerfield Island in Alexandria, VA, offers an innovative American menu featuring seafood and steak favorites in a picturesque setting, overlooking the Potomac River with sweeping water views, expansive outdoor deck. Reservations made through Open Table are good for inside dining only. Outside/patio dining is honored on a first come, first served basis and is not available to parties over 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Indigo Landing - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Indigo Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (165)great for outdoor dining (155)romantic (73)special occasion (70)good for groups (60)great for lunch (57)great for brunch (47)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (24)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)Show More
- best restaurant near DCAohlaurenoneDined on 6/12/2014I found this restaurant when Googling restaurants near National Airport and feel like I hit the jackpot! Even in rush hour airport traffic (weekend day at 6 pm) this restaurant was just 5 minutes for the airport and was wonderful. Free parking, great menu and beautiful view. It was not too loud and the ambience was really nice. I had the scallops, which were excellent, and my friend had the salmon, which she loved. The portions were generous, the service was wonderful. Wine and dessert options also very good. I would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...with a viewDan1Dined on 6/8/2014A great view of the river, planes taking off/landing at Reagan AP, and very good food.Special Features:
- Beautiful BrunchStephanieVIPDined on 6/8/2014Indigo Landing boasts one of the best views of the Potomac and downtown DC. Not only that but the food is spectacular. We enjoyed lemon garnished salmon, mussels in a delicious butter garlic sauce, freshly seasoned shrimp and lots more brunch items. Thanks for making my Sunday morning memorable.Special Features:
- Green14Dined on 6/7/2014We picked a perfect evening to eat outdoors there. During daylight, some sail boats were out and about and the sky was clear enough to see the Capitol and Washington monument. Then, when dark, the city lights were beautiful. The menu was varied and interesting and the food was fit for my very Foodie friend.Special Features:
- fantastic view of Potomac and DCOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2014this is the place to go when the weather is nice and you would like a very pleasant dining experience right on the water, looking up the Potomac and seeing all of Washington DC. The deck is the place to be on a warm evening, can't be beat, overlooking a lawn going down to the water, some sailboats going by, lots of green and trees, and the river and DC set out in front of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Damage has been fixed!BoochDined on 6/6/2014Our last visit to Indigo Landing was horrible. We heard it had been redone, so gave it a chance, for my wife's birthday. Admittedly, I was taking a big chance. It turned out to be a homerun. The menu had been totally redone, and the waitstaff (a huge problem before) was stellar. Both out meals were excellent. The apps are hearty, and could be easily shared. The entrees were great, tasty and more Han sufficient without being wasteful, and the desserts were excellent as well. The wine list is not huge, but had my wife's favorite champagne! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Perfect outdoor diningSc57Dined on 6/6/2014The food was good the service was great and the views were spectacular!Special Features:
- Go for the ViewqwertyDined on 6/6/2014Food is OK, a bit overpriced. The view of the river, planes taking off and landing is spectacular. You can also have the same view for free at the nearby Afterdeck Cafe if you bring your own food. The cafe also sells snacks and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Dine!ShontellDined on 6/4/2014Indigo Landing is my favorite outdoor dinning restaurant. Its very romantic, scenic and serene. I absolutely love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceLatinLoverDined on 6/4/2014Took my girlfriend there for a first date, and was pleassantly surprised they were accomodating, with a very nice table and a romantic setting outdoors. Unfortunately I took a star off for the noise level of the aircraft taking off every so often; we'd have to stop talking until they went by. The airport is just accross the water, so you can't get around the departing aircraft noise. Otherwise, the food and service were magnificent. Food choices were moderate, but typical for a restaurant like this; however salad and entree choices were significantly reduced because we do not eat pork products. The Salmon was delicious.Special Features:
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Was surprised to find such a wonderful restaurant at the marina. The airplanes are very noisy when they takeoff in the direction of the restaurant, and you're sitting outside, but otherwise it is a great location. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- Unrealized PotentialOzuoVIPDined on 6/1/2014We were a party of 6 at Sunday Brunch celebrating a birthday. The outside seating and view was spectacular as always. The food was a non-memorable average Bruch fair: Omelet and waffle stations about 2 additional breakfast entrees and 4 lunch entrees for $35 per person. Not worth it. The food was just ok. The service was just ok. the décor was dated but just ok. I think most people come here for the view. Indigo is in desperate need of a face list; start with several coats of paint; then replace the threadbare carpets, update the furniture, add more variety to the menu. Expand the brunch offering....Either that or keep doing what you are doing until nobody shows up!Special Features:
- Very nice, with one problempresshikerDined on 5/31/2014Very nice setting with a very nice view and very good food. We had an outside table and could see the Washington Monument and the Capitol lighted in the distance up the Potomac. Unfortunately, there was a large wedding party, which nearly overwhelmed the kitchen. An hour wait for an appetizer order to arrive is a bit long. The server seemed to do the best she could. We weren't in a hurry and someone did eventually apologize but didn't offer any comps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewSOGBDined on 5/31/2014Food was so-so. The appetizer was great, but the sandwiches my wife and I had was not the best (smoked samon, and fried flounder). The samon was alright except that it was the thin sliced smoke samon which my wife did not prefer. Except for me drowining the flounder sandwich in the tartar suace--it just lacked flavor. Went for the view and it was great, you're right next to Regan National airport though and the planes taking off were distracting at first (we ate outside). Our main server was ok, but went AWOL for about a half an hour. The other staff however did pick up some the slack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gofortheview1Dined on 5/30/2014We went on a beautiful Friday evening at 7pm and it was a lovely setting for dinner and a sunset. Food was good, my scallops were yummy and my husband enjoyed his steak. The wine was not exceptional but it was okay... It really is a lovely view and we enjoyed watching the planes landing at the airport.Special Features:
- Indigo Landingjus4funDined on 5/25/2014The restaurant has a large outdoor deck overlooking the Potomac and National Airport. You can hear the planes taking off and landing but it didn't seem intrusive or make conversation difficult. Without really looking too closely, it appears sitting inside would offer a similar view. Hostess wasn't overly friendly but our waiter, Matt, was very good. The food was so-so...looked good but nothing special. Prices are moderate. All-in-all I wouldn't make a special trip to IL for the food but would definitely go back for an evening on the deck...or perhaps appetizers and a beverage at the attractive bar.Special Features:
- Great view and location, mehh foodAJnDCDined on 5/25/2014Was there for brunch. Great location with beautiful, scenic views of the river and airport. The food was solidly ok, nothing was outstanding. Service was ok ... not bad, but not good either.
- Great food average servicemrsfoodieDined on 5/24/2014I was celebrating my anniversary. It wasn't that crowded yet the service was extremely slow. The scallops and crab cakes made up for the service. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the return tripJohnaf41Dined on 5/24/2014Service is very good and staff is attentive... Food menu is somewhat limited. However, the presentation was first class and the food was goodSpecial Features:
- good view, be patient2014AceDined on 5/23/2014Nice views, food decent, but service slow. Long waits to order drinks, apps, food, and to get bill. At least the service was hospitable though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet & relaxingrelaxingdinerDined on 5/23/2014Informal dining, nice booths with scenic view of the river. Plenty of outdoor tables on the deck. Friendly staff from the time entering and while leaving. Reservations were easy and table was ready. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved it!DCladyVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had a group of 8 for a birthday dinner and everything incredible. Everyone raved about their food -- salmon, scallops, lamb chops, steack and fish of the day. We were inside (unfortunately it was raining), at the far end by the deck and we had a great view and very attentive service from bartender to server. We will definitely be back and hopefully in better weather to enjoy outside or better views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1242 reviews are from the Indigo Landing reviews archive.
- Sunday evening dinnerDocMom2nanaDined on 5/18/2014Very nice atmosphere. Delicious food, well presented and prepared. There with husband and 19 yo son. Crab cakes were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent Buffet Brunch!StephDined on 5/18/2014We absolutely love Indigo Landing, especially on Sundays for their outstanding buffet brunch. The quality of the food is amazing and the selection of breakfast, lunch and dessert items are to die for! Highly recommend this local gem for a special occasion, or a fabulous lunch on the deck overlooking DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Enjoyed dinner very much. Food came out quickly and as ordered.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014We had a nice dinner, excellent service and a beautiful view of the Potomac River.Special Features:
- Unique spot on the waterDowntownerDined on 5/14/2014There are few places around D.C. that have such a nice view of both the Potomac River and surrounding area. We ordered the arugula and beet salad, which was fresh and very delicious. Fish dishes were solidly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best evening ever with my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The service was great, the food was amazing and the wait wasn't very long...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Evening in the SpringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Our friend from Atlanta wanted crabcakes and we wanted to take them somewhere nice. Indigo Landing was perfect. We enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner (the crabcakes were terrific) with a view toward Washington, DC as the sun set, then finished up with dessert and after dinner drinks outside overlooking the water. Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/7/2014Because it was raining, we were unable to sit outside as planned. But we were given a table by the window so we could watch planes coming in over the water to land at Reagan National. The smoked salmon sandwich on whole grain croissant was delicious and the side of fruit was perfectly ripe. Service was cordial and timely. Overall, an excellent experience,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing view of the cityDMVFoodie04Dined on 5/4/2014the food was fresh and very good. the view was amazing (city view. water, planes flying over head) The service was that good to me our server was blah and brought us incomplete meals and we had to wait a long time for them to be complete and instead of apologizing we made some excuse that had nothing to do with anything, we just wanted to eat our meal. I would come back again and eat outside on the deck however i dont want the same server!Special Features:
- FishyDined on 5/4/2014The food was exceptional, especially the scallops. Too much noise--wedding going on. Waiter was not on top of it. Mixed up the bills and put someone else's food on our check. Place looks tattered and torn. Not enough handicap parking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2014Food great-service needs to be addressed. Had dinner at the bar, bartender didn't know the difference between dry gin martini and a dirty martini. 3 bartenders very nice but very slow and unattentive which was surprising because bar was only a third full. Water views great. Probably very busy during summer months with boaters,would suggest enhancing bar staff with more experienced bartendersSpecial Features:
- Excellent Customer Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed a great evening on the deck of Indigo Landing overlooking the Potomac river yesterday. We ordered a bottle of Girard Cab, the crab dip (fantastic), and the scallops and crab cake entrees which were both exceptional. We often judge a restaurant by its bread... Indigo Landing serves an assortment of fresh and warm garlic bread, whole grain, and a raisin nut bread - best we've had in some time. Steven our server, and Carlos, the manager, were both exceptional - very friendly, courteous, and sincerely engaged in our dining experience. We will be back for more summer dining soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointedVette08VIPDined on 4/27/2014This restaurant is in a great location, with spectacular views. I wish I could say the same thing about the service and the food. The place was not crowded, and we waited over 30 minutes to get bread. Then the waiter forgot my soup order and we waited another 15 minutes for that. When he brought the soup, he asked what our food order was again. Essentially, he didn't pay much attention to us. It seemed that others around us may have had the same issue. There were no prices on some of the dishes, and my Crab Cakes ended up being the most expensive crab cakes I have ever had. I wish I could say they were worth it, but not even close. As we were leaving, the hostess and manager did not even acknowledge our existence.Special Features:
- Food and ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2014The brunch was great. The assortment was both breakfast and lunch. I liked the fruit platter which had ripe fruit. Different kinds of food including mussels and shrimpSpecial Features:
- Bad management, bad servicenotbadDined on 4/26/2014I so wish I could take over Indigo Landing! It is a gem in the making but the horrible management and service, and inconsistent kitchen can offset the gorgeous views. We had reservations, yet were ignored at the front desk as two hostesses stood arguing about where to seat people while the MANAGER STOOD OVER THEM DOING NOTHING. Our server had friends at one of her tables and ignored her other patrons: she forgot our wine, forgot a side dish, had to be flagged down whenever we needed something. My friends' scallops and filet were great. My crab cake was a mush of filler with very little crab meat. Awful. I recommend getting rid of the managers and replace them with those who will TRAIN wait staff to be professional.Special Features:
- Terrible, terrible, terrible!TheresaVIPDined on 4/26/2014When bringing the wine, the waitress stopped by another table (people were seated there), took one of their wine glasses & brought it to us to try the wine. Odd. After it was poured, the waitress simply sat the bottle on our table -- not on ice. After about an hr, we asked about the status our meal and were told the kitchen was behind. Almost 2 hours after we arrived with no meal in the foreseeable future, we simply left. Many tables were also waiting on food. When leaving, 2 women were entering, and we told them we never received our food. They said that happened to them and they were returning for their complimentary meal. Looks like that is the standard at this place.Special Features:
- Service doesn't match the foodarlingtonfoodieVIPDined on 4/24/2014I had never been before: views of the river are FANTASTIC. Food was predictably expensive but unexpectedly good! It was the best roasted beet salad I had ever had, and the scallop entree was delicious, plus it had five or six good size scallops, unlike the paltry three I have experienced elsewhere. The problem was the service. When I arrived a few minutes before six, there was no one at the desk for at least five minutes. When my friend arrived, we ordered and received wine; after 30 minutes, we started looking for our waitress. We had to ask another service person to find her. She was a very odd character, and a terrible waitress. They have a great location and a great chef; they need to fix their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more staffOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/23/2014Food was good but very slow. Not enough staff. Also, the computer broke down and we had to wait an extra 15 minutes or more to pay our tab after a wait to receive the check.