Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biltmorehotel.com/dining/fontana.php
- Phone: 3054458066x2407
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Galazzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Large parties up to 30 guests for Courtyard Dining.
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Alaniz 3054458066x2407
- Entertainment: Live Jazz in the Biltmore Bar each night!
- Special Events: Large group menus available
A word from Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel
Enjoy Mediterranean Cuisine at its best in the Fontana, our resort casual grille featuring outdoor dining in a tropical fountain centered courtyard or indoor seating surrounding and open kitchen with a wide variety of specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)special occasion (52)romantic (51)fit for foodies (28)scenic view (25)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (21)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Biltmore BeautyTennisgal22Dined on 6/24/2014Nothing compares to having a terrific meal at the famous Biltmore. Great food and beautiful views.Special Features:
- Live this restaurantOwooblyVIPDined on 6/17/2014It feels like you are transported to another place when you done here. The servers are lovely , I've never had anything but an amazing meal here paperdlle bolognase is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DesiDined on 6/13/2014Food was great and the wine list was extensive. Wine was pretty pricey though, and their corkage fee is really high :( service was FANTASTIC! I strongly recommend the menu Risotto or Gnocchi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestSergeDined on 6/13/2014Chicken Parm in Miami and not on the menu. Also had the caprese salad with burata which is also not on the menu. They are very accommodating with special requestsSpecial Features:
- Great Wine experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Robert did an amazing job showing us the various types of wine. It made our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service before showKageyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Took 25 minutes to get a glass of wine. We were going to a show and the staff was informed. Food not bad, service got better after a bad start.
- The following 401 reviews are from the Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel reviews archive.
- DecadentCariocaDined on 5/21/2014The Biltmore Hotel is one of the best places in town, however, the food in Fontana was really poor. First of all they offered on Monday a special 3 courses, which was fake! Food is not in line with hotel standart!Special Features:
- Not happyMarioDined on 5/17/2014The place is nice, the servers are friendly, the food left much to be desired. I ordered veal. It was served lukewarm and tasted like it had been frozen and re-heated in the microwave. For dessert I ordered the vulcan. A great disappointment. The outside texture was a little hard and dry and the inner liquid did not flow out as it supposed to.
- Relaxed elegance-historic locale😎CookieinMiamiDined on 5/17/2014Great spot for a relaxing lunch. Food, service and wine list ...excellent. The location a historic gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting, incredible fooditsmeDined on 5/12/2014We went to Fontana as a special dinner on our last night of vacation. We definitely saved the best for last! The food was SO good. We had the prosciutto salad appetizer, grilled octopus (AMAZING), seafood risotto and more. I was worried that it might be "too romantic" of an atmosphere since we brought a friend from the area along but it was great. There were other tables there of people on business staying in the hotel, couples, etc. 3 entrees, 2 glasses of wine, appetizer & 20% tip added up to $160 - not as expensive as we were expecting. The wait staff was very nice and mostly attentive but they forgot (even after reminding twice) our bread to go (it was really good bread!) We'd absolutely go back though & would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Wonderful celebration spotVAgfDinerDined on 5/10/2014We went to Fontana for brunch to celebrate Mother's Day a day early. It was a wonderful, leisurely, relaxing breakfast with attentive service and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2014We are never let down at Fontana. Luca Papini and the staff provide an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- professional, accommodatinglive4foodDined on 5/9/2014Food and service were simply terrific. Robert greeted us by name and brought us to our private table in the garden. From there it was first class service and beautiful food. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!magicalDined on 5/1/2014Fontana remains a superlative "Neighborhood Gem", the more relaxed than at home atmosphere is just excellent, their cuisine never fails to wake up our taste buds and transport us to places we have yet to discover. Have been going to Fontana for many years and many different occasions, never get tired of their excellent cuisine and very warm and loving service.Special Features:
- just a dreamDaidalosDined on 4/27/2014we love this place, in a fantastic building, great atmosphere, nice placeSpecial Features:
- The service was HORRIBLE!disappointedDined on 4/25/2014We recently took friends from London to Fontana at the Biltmore Hotel. The setting is one of our favorites and the food is good. However, we won't take visitors there again as the service was terrible. No fewer than 5 times during dinner, did we have to search for a waiter. That's totally unacceptable.Special Features:
- Excellent in all respectsNickDined on 4/19/2014The food and service were outstanding. I hadn't eaten there before, and I was very pleased to find the atmosphere so relaxing. The outside dining area was full yet the noise level was as low as anyplace in recent memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RS14RS14Dined on 4/17/2014Outstanding service. Great menu. Great ambience. XxxxxcxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulToddDined on 4/14/2014A great experience- one I look forward to having again. I had the Octopus- never had it but the server suggested it and I am glad I did. It was different than anticipated but very nicely done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional - As AlwaysDestinVIPDined on 4/12/2014Exquisitely romantic, charming, delightful every time. Exceptional service in an old world setting sets the mood for a truly fabulous and rare dining experience. There is simply nothing comparable in Florida to dining under the stars beside the fountain of the Biltmore Courtyard. It combines the historical beauty of Savannah or Charleston with the tropical climate and foliage of Coral Gables in a perfect mixture of delights for your senses. The wine and food complete the recipe for a magical evening you will treasure.Special Features:
- Amazingform88Dined on 4/6/2014Beautiful location with great food and outstanding service!Special Features:
- As always, we were very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2014As always, we were very pleased with Fontana. Thank you!Special Features:
- Superb may be an understaementParticularVIPDined on 3/29/2014It is rare that a hotel restaurant can reach the superb category. On a Saturday evening during tourist season we still had outstanding food, service and ambience. As one who travels throughout Eastern Europe, when a Mediterranean restaurant serves grilled octopus on a plank that has been tenderized to and grilled to perfection, one knows that care has been taken in the food selection and preparation. Likewise, the plentiful seafood salad, the bollonaise as well as the seafood and asparagus risotto made us feel as if we were dining in the café in Florence or Rome. Despite being busy, the service was professional and attentive, and every request was promptly filled.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantfoodloverVIPDined on 3/22/2014The Fontana is a beautifullllllll restaurant, with truly great service. The wine was great, and I am not sure if we had bad luck with the entree, but they were not great (raviolis and papardella). The dessert was good, but nothing special on the menu (chocolate volcano with vanilla ice cream). I would recommend the restaurant based on the place, the ambience is great and the service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Always a favorite destination. Superb food & wine in an outstanding setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2014The food was basically decent. Our entrees were delivered moments after they delivered our salad which turned me off totally. The wine list is overly expensive. The ambience was very good but that is about all. I won't go back.
- SPOT ON~Robin33Dined on 3/14/2014Always the best food and service! We love the place and the people~ Terrific, fresh, healthly, and authentic.Special Features:
- Request outside seating a must!PumpkinDined on 3/11/2014My daughter and I dined in the outside courtyard by the fountain. The surroundings were exquisite. We both had a drink from their specialty cocktail menu and they were delicious . We shared the calamari appetizer which was perfectly prepared and we each had a pasta dish. The food was very good as was the service. I plan to return the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful courtyard, terrible foodagiewildDined on 3/10/2014The setting is magical but the food is really uninspired, tasteless and way too expensive for second rate food. We wanted to love it but out of a party of 6 people, out for a birthday, in great moods, there was not one of us who enjoyed their food! Would never go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingweebaronaVIPDined on 3/2/2014Our second time at Fontana was not as good as the first, but still was a nice experience. The setting on a warm Florida evening can't be beat for a soothing, enjoyable evening. Tuna tartara was very good, traditional style. The porchetta salad was a disappointment and changes requested did not come. GF pasta is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was very nice exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Everything was very nice except for the music that came from rooms they rent for weddings upstairs ,there were 3 or 4 of them,it was impossible even to talk, big disappointment.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceCharlesDined on 2/27/2014The overall experience was fantastic, but the service was a bit slow. It took a longer than expected time for our waiter to attend to us. We have dined here before and have always had a warm reception, excellent meal and experience.Special Features:
- Nice ChangeDocmacDined on 2/25/2014This restaurant is a good change from the typical miami scene. Old school charm with a delicious menu. Good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got it Going On!Robin33Dined on 2/22/2014Always great good and equally superb service! One of Miami's culinary gems!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the FontanaJerryDined on 2/22/2014Outdoor dining in a courtyard with a beautiful central fountain. Delicious ricotta cheese stuffed squash blossoma & very good homemade pastas.Wide variety of Italian food. The price fixed dinner is a good value.I would recommend the restaurant for the atmosphere alone but the food is good as well Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at the BiltmoreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2014Great restaurant at the Biltmore Hotel. Very nice and efficient staff and scenery is fantiastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad choicedinerVIPDined on 2/17/2014Lively surroundings can't make up for really bad food/sketchy serviceSpecial Features:
- Romantic Italian diningChrisdyVIPDined on 2/17/2014The food at Fontana was very good- I had the special menu which included appetizer, entree and dessert and it was really tasty. The stuffed zucchini blossoms were amazing! The ricotta just melted in your mouth. My entree was tuna steak on brussel sprouts- another melt in your mouth delight. By the time I got to the blood orange sorbet, I was stuffed, but it was still a taste treat. My Pinot noir was also very good. I can't wait to go back. The server was very attentive too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first time....ExcellencyDined on 2/15/2014Our first time @Fontana and we felt in love with the place....excellent food..excellent service and ambience.totally recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014loved the atmosphere! Will return, very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.