McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
North Market Building
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Boston
- Phone: 6177205522x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday 11:30am-4:00pm, Monday-Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm, Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Arthur Landis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: At McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant, we have the capacity to meet your needs, whether you’re planning a party for 5 guests or 500 guests. We’re here to help you plan your special event, from stunning receptions, to elegant dinner gatherings, to critical corporate meetings, or an intimate rehearsal dinner. From start to finish, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant will ensure that every detail is seamless and professional -- nearly 40 years of knowledge and expertise goes into every event we plan.
- Public Transit: Green Line Goverment Center stop, Orange & Green Line Haymarket stop, Blue Line State Street stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking at The 75 State Street Garage. For directions to the garage, click here: http://www.75statestreetgarage.com/direction.htm
Ask your server for the $3 off validation coupon. Parking is $11 after 5pm weekdays and all day Saturdays and Sundays.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of historic Faneuil Hall Marketplace, just steps from the North End, The Financial District, Government Center and Boston's Waterfront. Showcasing more than 30 varieties of seafood, the restaurant's enticing menu is updated twice each day to feature the freshest fish available. Winning the admiration of the most discerning diners, McCormick & Schmick's is classic in every sense of the word.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)great for lunch (25)special occasion (23)scenic view (21)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- One of the worst service experienceNancyVIPDined on 4/23/2008One of the worst service experiences we've ever had.... food was ok. we won't be back!
- Staff was especially helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Staff was especially helpful in seating a member of our party with limited mobility.
- Good service and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Good service and service. Very busy location so tough to fault the "busy" ambianceSpecial Features:
- Large menu (printed twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2008Large menu (printed twice daily) with very fresh fish and beautiful fresh vegetables.
- I don't think they were preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/18/2008I don't think they were prepared for how the good weather would bring people out--to eat outside--so the severs inside were running off their feet. We weren't in a rush and still got wonderful service despite the crowd outside.Special Features:
- Very good meal and service,CharlesVIPDined on 4/17/2008Very good meal and service, and were given a delicious complimentary dessert since we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- To explain the low marks forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2008To explain the low marks for service: We had reservations for 7 for a working lunch but six of us arrived first, the 7th was trailing, on the phone at the office. The server did not even come to our table to take a drink order until we flagged her down, she thought we wanted to wait for the 7th person before ordering. By that time, we were more than ready to order our food and had to insist that yes, we wanted to order food too. She also committed the common error of removing plates as diners finished, rather than waiting until everyone at the table had finished eating their main course. If this is how M&S trains their servers, they should reconsider that instruction. It's a table-service sin and you don't find it done at finer places.Special Features:
- We were seated at a largeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2008We were seated at a large booth upstairs, as we requested. it was extremely quiet...a real treat for Saturday evening, and the service was great. Thanks.Special Features:
- Very good food and wait staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2008Very good food and wait staff. Nice old Boston decor.
- desserts would be much moreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2008desserts would be much more tempting if they weren't so enormous. Smaller, lighter fare would be better.Special Features:
- Special thanks to the hostCCFromTheVilleVIPDined on 4/4/2008Special thanks to the host and waitstaff for making my birthday memorable!Special Features:
- yuck - this was not a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2008yuck - this was not a place I would ever go back to. Food was sub-par at best.
- The food was excellant butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008The food was excellant but I was a little disappointed with the service. I ordered a very basic mixed drink from the bar and after three tries did not receive the drink I ordered, Captain Morgan and diet Coke. The first try I told the waitress it didn't taste right, she apologized and got me a new one. It still didn't taste right but she never came back to ask if it was. I drank it anyway and ordered another one but specificaly said Captain and diet. She brought me the drink, it still wasn't right and I didn't finish it. I finally found out when I received my check that she had ordered be Bacardi rather than Captain. So I spent $14 on two drinks that tasted terrible.Special Features:
- We ran up quite a bill, overOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2008We ran up quite a bill, over $200 with tip for 2 adults and an 8 year old. Guess that is to be expected when ordering stuffed lobster. Everything was very good....Special Features:
- Overall an enjoyable mealCharlesVIPDined on 3/26/2008Overall an enjoyable meal I took my wife and visiting sister from FL to after work. However, I belong to their "Preferred Guest" club; for the 2nd time in the last 3 meals at this same location (even though I gave my PG membership card when paying), the staff not only was not able to credit my account with the correct new dining points, they wiped out all other built up points for a net balance of "0" (vs a net balance of 1090 which it should have been: 919 prior + 171 new). The error has now been corrected, but I had to find the manager, who could not correct that night, but took down my information to have it corrected the next day in their system. This wasted perhaps 10 minutes (again). They should teach their staff better.Special Features:
- Our waitor was animated andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2008Our waitor was animated and a little quirky, which we liked. He also was extremely attentive and made sure that everything came out ok.Special Features:
- Gloomy atmosphere. Food justOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2008Gloomy atmosphere. Food just OK. Restaurant looks like it is on it's way out.
- been there many times - thefoodieVIPDined on 3/22/2008been there many times - the fish is always fresh - friendly attentive staff. Private dining for 6 people. Nice menu - good salads too and fresh brewed ice tea!!Special Features:
- We were greeted immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant and taken upstairs. We were seated at a table in the center of the floor although there were open booths and window seating, which I would have preferred. Our server was prompt and attentive with taking our orders and the food was delicious and plentiful. That was the first time we have been seated upstairs and we both agreed that we liked the downstairs tables better. We will come back again.Special Features:
- I was sitting at the boothOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/20/2008I was sitting at the booth closest to the door. It was breezy so I was cold. Service was good. I never find that the entree is filling enough...need to either get the appetizer and/or dessert to not feel hungry later. I like the booths.Special Features:
- No one at the front desk whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008No one at the front desk when we arrived, "host" did not seem interested in hearing that we had a reservation and simply took us to a table. Wait staff was was plesant and efficent.Special Features:
- Excelllent selection of seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2008Excelllent selection of seafood memorable presentation of fresh natucket sea scallops the vegetables and rice were tasty and the sauce used in the grilled scallops was flovorfull without being over powering.Special Features:
- Good kind of commercial reserveCurtVIPDined on 3/15/2008Good kind of commercial reserve a booth that is private behind curtains offsets the noisy atmosphere. Wines are expensive. Food overall good servicr but not professionsl very americanoSpecial Features:
- We went for a late lunch thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008We went for a late lunch this past weekend. The lunch was a time for my boyfriend's parents and my parents to meet. The atmosphere, service and food were all perfect for this occasion. We were all very impressed!!Special Features:
- The usual restaurant chainOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2008The usual restaurant chain experiance, very boring food and not willing to try.Special Features:
- great location but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2007great location but the food here is way too pricy. with a 20 dollar discount, we still had to pay 32 per person for all three of us. the food is not bad, would be a great spot for group gathering or just a casual dinner with your significant others in a summer day.Special Features:
- Got a meal comped becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2007Got a meal comped because they made multiple errors. Waiter was brutal. Place was not very clean. Never going back.