Ragazzi Italian Kitchen & Bar
2950 Middle Country Road
Nesconset, NY 11767Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ragazzi Italian Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ragazzi-ny.com/
- Phone: 6312658200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ragazzi offers an extensive catering menu for parties on or off premise. Let us cater your next event. You'll be glad you did.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining area perfect for any special occasion. Customized party planning and menus are available. Our private party area is ideal for anniversary rehearsal dinners, Christening or Bar Mitzvahs. A state of the art projection screen is available for presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Roger Bedoian 6312658200
A word from Ragazzi Italian Kitchen & Bar
At Ragazzi Italian Kitchen and Bar authentic Italian cuisine and good times come together at Long Island's most exciting new restaurant. Ragazzi's spectacular dining room and bar are the perfect place for everything from a "Girls night out," to an intimate date. Choose from a variety of savory menu items including homemade specialties like "Gnocchi Bolognese" and "Lasagna Rollatini." Ragazzi offers tapas done "Italian Style" in our elegant bar area. Come sample our famous "Sushi Italiano," homemade "Stromboli" and "Italian Primavera," our version of Italian Spring rolls. Ragazzi has an extensive wine list featuring many full bodied varietals and specialty martinis, including our signature bubble gum martini, the "Dolce Zucchero." Ragazzi is a great venue for an elegant social or corporate event. Customized party planning will make any occasion special. Gift cards available. Visit us at www.ragazzi-ny.com to become a member of our exclusive VIP e-mail list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ragazzi Italian Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (46)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (27)kid-friendly (26)great for lunch (23)romantic (20)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Very nice timeLovetodineoutDined on 5/21/2014Good food good service I don't want to write. Review 50 characters in lengthSpecial Features:
- Not too happyBigbadmamadDined on 5/18/2014Was not happy with seating & not willing to accommodate to move even though we had reservation & not too happy with our choice of food even though I had eaten the same thing there before! It was not as good! Also so very noisey for a Sunday afternoon! Won't be back anytime soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Roger is the best. Always comes to the table and personalizes the visit. Makes you feel welcome. jelly beans at the entrance are a big draw for many!Special Features:
- Went here on a Tuesday nightJonDDined on 5/13/2014It was amazing! They were a little slow that night for customers so no waiting to be seated, and then our server and wait staff were great! It was a great restaurant expereience. We had the pasta night which came with a salad and desert and pasta dish for $20. Everything was delicious! Thank you so much will dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- promptly seated, attentive serviceSmkcpaDined on 5/11/2014We dined on Mother's Day, so I was expecting a delay in seating. We had a 7:15 reservation, and arrived at 7:10. When I went to the platform to let them know we were all there, I was informed that our table was being set up. At 7:15 we were seated. This is how a restaurant should be run!!! The staff was attentive, the food was served exactly as ordered, and we all had a great meal. 2 members of our party have gluten allergies, and the menu contains numerous selections to satisfy their needs. I especially like the fact that the gluten free meals are served with a GF flag on the plate. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Always amazing...sufhearsDined on 5/11/2014love it so much that I booked my wedding there! have never been disappointed, and anyone I have dined with has made it their new favorite restaurant as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a beautiful restaurantmickmanDined on 5/11/2014A very complete menu. We usually order the same dishes, and they are always well made. When we do order different dishes, they too meet our expectations. I sometimes have found the angel hair spaghetti, elsewhere, too overdone, but not here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealGonzo13Dined on 5/10/2014Wonderful restaurant with outstanding food and service. For those who must eat gluten free, they have a great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word: FABULOUS!BarbaraTVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had been wanting to go to Ragazzi for quite some time and boy were we sorry we waited so long. This place is reminiscent of great dining spots in Florida with a very upscale vibe. Even though it was very hot, we opted to sit outside and the waiters were very attentive to us being in the sun and always took care to adjust the umbrella and constantly filled our glasses with ice water to keep us hydrated. We were 3 adults & 1 child and each of our entrees' were wonderful. We oooed and aaaahed a lot! The manager introduced himself and made us feel so welcome, we felt like we had known him forever. To say that we were happy about our meal, ambience and service would be a big understatement -- we were ecstatic! We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyCharlieDined on 5/8/2014Overall, very good. Only negative is the noise level. When the restaurant is more than 3/4 full, the noise level is so high it is very difficult to carry on a conversation. Early in the week is a good time to go. The restaurant is less full and the overall rating is then a 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food to eat.RaffVIPDined on 5/7/2014New hostess very nice Roger has a lot of class and runs the place well.Special Features:
- Our fave!ooblondie21ooDined on 5/6/2014This is our favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant and we have celebrated many special occasions along with regular family night dinners here..always enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not On A Saturday Night!DisappointedDined on 5/3/2014Went to celebrate my son's 40th Birthday with a party of six on a Saturday night. That was a mistake!!! Had to wait more than 20 minutes past my reservation. The place was so extremely noisy - the place was packed and there were several large parties. When seated, one of the large parties kept encroaching upon our table (especially the kids)....when ready to leave, the members of the party just kept hanging around in our immediate area which was very annoying. My wife was brought the wrong order!! She did not reorder because it would take too long and others would be finished with their meal. Wish we knew how crowded this place would be; would have gone elsewhere. Also too noisy to converse among each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDSmithtown20Dined on 5/3/2014Early dinner on Saturday evening. Some kind of party was taking place in the restaurant. It took up most of the tables. We were seated more or less right in the middle of these tables. It was so loud we could barely converese plus there were kids running all around our table screaming. We had to ask to be moved to a table in the bar area, which was slightly quieter but overall it was still ridiculously loud for a dinner hour. If this restaurant wants to accomodate these type of events they should have a separate room so as not to disturb customers coming in to enjoy a quiet dinner.
- The in place to be.RaffVIPDined on 4/29/2014The service is always good, the food is Amazing.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodHateCilantroVIPDined on 4/27/2014I normally don't go to this type of restaurant but decided to try it. Everything we had was good and well prepared. We will return.Special Features:
- Good but...revtcbDined on 4/22/2014Enjoyed the service and the atmosphere. The food was overall good. But I expected more than good. I ate here 1x a year ago and 2x in the fall. I feel the food maybe is getting less attention. I had the chicken stuffed with walnuts and it was dry, good but dry. My wife had the lasagna and it was warm not hot, so we brought it home. Dessert on the pasta night....awesome! We will be back, maybe just an off night.Special Features:
- Easter lunch/dinnerJeffVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter lunch - very good service and food was terrific. You better like garlic! Staff was terrific and very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Easter LunchMrandMrs29IrishDined on 4/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Easter lunch/dinner this past Sunday a t Rigazzi. They had a special Easter menu as well as their regular menu available. Although there were so many wonderful things to choose from, we chose from the specials menu. The food was DELICIOUS!!! The service staff was friendly and very attentive yet not intrusive. Overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience and we are looking forward to returning (and not just for special occasions)Special Features:
- Easter Sunday for 8FoodiegirlDined on 4/20/2014My family made a reservation for 8 people. When we arrived they realized we had a wheelchair that couldn't go up stairs. Although we were the first diners of the day, they decided to squeeze 8 of us at a table for four. They should have asked prior if the party could go up stairs. The restaurant was too dark as well which made it hard for the seniors to see the menu. Overall the waiter was great. However, the food was just mediocre. For the price they give you a large size plate but the seafood is tiny. The veal dish I ate was lacking flavor as well. I'm not sure that Ill be back to dine any time soon.Special Features:
- Gluten Free? Uh, YES!Marian4456Dined on 4/19/2014My daughter was just diagnosed with gluten intolerance and she is struggling with having to give up certain foods. This is NOT a problem at Ragazzi. Almost EVERYTHING on this menu can be prepared gluten free if requested…pastas, pizzas, entrees, appetizers…even bread. The food was delicious! The food was carefully prepared and identified as gluten free as it was delivered from the waiter. We had the gluten free arancini (rice balls)….they were the BEST I've ever had….the risotto inside was moist, flavorful and deliciously crunchy on the outside. She was served a bruschetta on gluten free bread that we were fighting over it was so good. There was even a gluten free tiramisu….wow! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great NightjoeandjoeDined on 4/19/2014Once again we had a great meal with great service. We had a 6:00PM reservation, and without feeling rushed at all we were finished with dessert and out the door by 7:00PM. Not disappointment here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I was hopingDuckie5Dined on 4/19/2014I went to Ragazzi's w/ my wife's family based on the reviews from others. The friendliness & attentiveness of the staff was wonderful as was the ambience. We were seated promptly in a corner booth & even though there were two parties going on, we were unaffected by any noise. What was disappointing was the food. We order the fried zucchini (soggy & without flavor), calamari (not all fresh calamari, more like frozen from a bag & "again" w/o flavor, even with the marinara sauce &/or the wasabi sauce). Unfortunately, dinner was the same way, I felt like I was on an episode of "Chef Ramses". The only salvation inregards to the food we ate was dessert (& the pizza & fries my son had for dinner). Won't be venturing back there anytime soon.
- Great Food!!LAZ76Dined on 4/5/2014Have always had a great time!!! Food has always been exemplary!!!!Special Features:
- Service EXTREMELY slow. ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Service EXTREMELY slow. Server apologized 3 times that the kitchen was "backed up". Manager said more than 2 hour dining time was "expected" and "normal" for a party of 5.
- Great food and servicebluerobinDined on 3/26/2014We couldn't have been more happy with everything. Our server Robert A. was the best. He explained everything because we have two people who were gluten free. He made sure we got everything we ordered, the way we ordered it. It was a birthday celebration and I love the fireworks. It is very unusual. Needless to say we will be back again.Special Features:
- not consistentitalianoDined on 3/23/2014Dined here a few times. 45 min wait with a reservation. food was just ok. I think they do a better job with the appetizers than with the main meals. Seafood pasta dish..tiny shrimp, miniscule scallops, chewy calamari...sauce watery. Napoleon dessert was fantastic. Probably wont dine here anymore with so many other great italian restaurants a few minutes away such as Spezia in St James and Manninos in Smithtown.Special Features:
- GazziPeach1999Dined on 3/21/2014Husband and I enjoy the sit down dining and also the bar later in the evening. The restaurant is quite busy so I suggest reservations. Service is a bit slow but the food is very good and the menu has a very good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backjoeandjoeDined on 3/15/2014Been here about once a month for the last three months, never disappointed. Good food and service, Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicedonnDined on 3/8/2014Terrific, attentive staff. Food was delicious. Everyone left happy and content!Special Features:
- Saturday DiningfoodieDined on 3/8/2014The food was very good and so was the service. You could tell they wanted to please you. Although, we sat on the upper level thinking it would be more intimate but it was just the opposite. They had a very large party going on and they were very loud and very distracting and not caring about the other diners near them. They really needed a room for themselves. We couldn't hold a conversation without needing to repeat ourseleves all the time and pratically yelling each other. It was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014waitress was great, food was great, the bread they bring out had a wide variety and was served with a nice pesto hummus. there was no wait to be seated. I did have a reservation, but it appeared they had available seating regardless. the scenery in the restaurant is nice. there is a bar area that has sports on which is close enough to be able to enjoy, but far away enough to not disturb your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had a great time! Food was delicious and service fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014We dined at the Restaurant this past Saturday evening. We have a reservation for 6:45 PM but arrived a few minutes early and they graciously seated us about fifteen minutes early. The ambience is wonderful, the food was excellent and the server was fantastic and very responsive to our needs. The Staff was very friendly and helpful and we had a great time there. We had been there when the Restaurant first opened about four years ago and will now make this establishment a "regular" on our dining list. It was an enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Great Night OutjoeandjoeDined on 2/28/2014We went out as two couples, both the service and food were great. We were there for about 3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night OutOHIOVIPDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I were looking for something local and different and Ragazzi turned out to be a great choice. Very Good Service and a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never had a bad mealGonzo13Dined on 2/22/2014Have never had a bad meal there. Service is great. They have a great gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Enjoyed another dinner here as we have been patrons in the past. Food was well prepared and service was fast and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, portion sizedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Great food, portion sized just right, prepare fantastic and quick serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Notch DownMIXITDOCDined on 2/21/2014Usually very crowded in the evening due to location & reputation. Food has gone down a notch in quality and prices inced up. Wait staff varies from good down to very poor trainees that should not be serving or spilling things on customers. I'll go else where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.