Kona Grill - Baltimore
1 E Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 4102448994
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Baldwin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact for details.
A word from Kona Grill - Baltimore
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill"s signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Kona Grill - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Kona Grill - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (78)great for lunch (52)fit for foodies (48)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (39)special occasion (39)great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (28)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (22)romantic (21)great for brunch (17)scenic view (12)notable wine list (9)Show More
- Lunch TimeMommymacDined on 6/10/2014While the sushi here was great, the chili, which should have come out first, did not arrive until 15 minutes after the sushi. my lunchtime was almost over. The waitress seemed new and timid and did not actually know the chili had not arrived until she came to check on our table 15 minutes after the sushi was served. It was a very crowded lunchtime so I will give a pass this time. The sushi was delicious and fresh so I will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great foodZenaDined on 6/9/2014Food was good... The calamari was exceptional and the beef tacos were the best thing I ate.... You can't go wrong eating here everything we had was delicious except for the miso sake sea bass. The taste of the bass was very unpleasant it had a bitter taste that rendered the dish inedible and we had to send it back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I took a group of 5 girls here for dinner before my sister's bachelorette party. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating- they made delicious virgin drinks for the pregnant girls in the group, and were prompt with the check when we told them that we were in a rush. Everybody loved their food/drinks. Good Job, Kona Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant makes rightLike2SkiDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant's manager made our night work out as planned.....We sought out Kona to celebrate my teenager's birthday and because we had had prior good dining experiences here. We thought we could get the 1/2 price appetizers during happy hour even if we sat in the dining area. When we were seated and told we could not get them 1/2 price without sitting in the bar area, I was unhappy. However, after I spoke with the manager and we moved to the booths in the bar area, the manager helped us feel better about the misunderstanding by giving us the appetizers gratis. The food was tasty and the evening ended on a high note. Now we will return again; had the manager not made us happy, we would be looking elsewhere in the future.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutMamaGeorge1201Dined on 6/6/2014Took a group of 8 here for girls night out. The food was ok, but the portion sizes were too small for this group, we had to go to McDonalds afterwards. The drinks hit the spot, especially the apple saki! Our waitress, Caroline was very nice and accommodating. If you want to have a quiet dinner, this is not the place! It's very noisey, which was ok for us. We are usually loud anyway. I recommend using the valet for $10. My girlfriend paid $20 to park in the garage at the Hyatt.Special Features:
- concordkdlDined on 6/6/2014Great food and excellent service. Difficult to find parking and once found the parking is expensive during lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, not so nice food.jriggsDined on 5/31/2014Without going into to much detail (as it would be a horrible use of my time), the Spinach-Artichoke dip was watery, the Miso-Sake fish was not very tasty and my wife had to send it back, and the kitchen didn't pay attention to the waiter's instructions to not put pork in my wife's rice. I could go on but you get the point.
- Great lunch spot!CindiVIPDined on 5/28/2014My co-workers and I go here all the time and never get tired of it. The menu has everything from sushi to pasta! It is all delish and the don't have an issue if you ask them to hold the avocado or whatever. Food is always fresh and wait staff is friendly. I've never seen anyone working there that's "having a bad day." If you try it you'll be back.Special Features:
- ConnieConnieDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyed our recent visit to Baltimore and The Kona Grill. Great service and the sea bass is extrodinary!Special Features:
- Not as good as other Kona locationsMikeys23Dined on 5/24/2014Restaurant location was great. Walking distance if staying at or near Inner Harbor. Other than location it seems to take on the flare of many other restaurants and attractions at the Inner Harbor. Appears to me to bask in the glory of commercialization at the expense of quality food and service. Have been to other Kona locations, and this location seemed to be a step or two behind relative to food and service.Special Features:
- Great SpotKandCDined on 5/23/2014Good food and great service. Portions were appropriate for the price paid. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulDeeberzVIPDined on 5/23/2014I took my niece to lunch last week, and it was her first time. She really enjoyed the specialty sushi (if you want to call it that - wasabi tuna in tortilla wrap - delish!Special Features:
- Good, as alwaysWalkNDineDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I took our mothers and my grandmother here for a belated Mother's Day. They don't have many tables able to support large parties, so they seated us at an elevated booth. It was not easy for some of our party to get up to the booth, as it was about a foot off the ground, but it did give us an excellent view of the beautiful decor. Our table had the potstickers, bulgogi tacos, some sushi rolls, and clam chowder as appetizers. The potstickers and soup were outstanding, and the sushi was good, but the tacos (there were only 2) were very salty and chewy. For dinner, I had the hana chicken salad, which was vinegary but otherwise good. We had the macadamia nut pie for dessert, which was absolutely blissful. I could eat that foreverSpecial Features:
- Great Variety and Drinks!MalloryVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is a definite hot spot in close proximity to both the Hyatt, and the Sheraton Inner Harbor. We had wonderful service and there is a very diverse selection of food! The drinks and the sushi were excellent, but I ended up sending back an overpriced order of sashimi because it was very off to me, and an odd texture. The waiter did not even hesitate about removing it from my bill however, and the rest of the meal was great! I would recommend this place for groups with different food interests, as there is definitely something for everyone!!!Special Features:
- Saturday dinnerJeffDined on 5/17/2014Great location for people watching in windowed café. In the center of downtown action. The salmon sandwich was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. The tuna on wonton chips is an exceptional appetizer! The ceviche was an unusual preparation with cilantro and jalapeño that was almost too hot to eat. The chili lime shrimp salad was the only disappointment; wilted greens, bland shrimp and lacked flavor. Overall a good spot that would probably be best for lunch.Special Features:
- Graduation Celebration!kvonaDined on 5/17/2014We had a group of 14 people for lunch after my daughter's graduation last Saturday afternoon. Everything was perfect - the food and service were both excellent. The wait staff were courteous, accomodating, made inciteful recommendations and prompt with responding to requests going out of there way to make sure that every thing was perfect for our special celebration. We did not have a long wait for our food and it all came out at the same time and it was delicious. The only down side was that we did not have a separate area to ourselves, but that did not detract at all from our luncheon or how great the whole experience was. Thanks to Kona Grill for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but very noisyHM006Dined on 5/16/2014We enjoyed the good food and drinks, but as the night wore on the nearby tables got drunker and louder to the point where we could barely hear each other across the table.
- Best Sushi I've ever hadgoodfood14Dined on 5/11/2014The food and atmosphere was great. The service was wonderful. I will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tanagirlVIPDined on 5/10/2014waiter kept forgetting things especially drink orders . Also even with a party of 8, he brought 1 menu to the table to look at for desert? makes no sense?Special Features:
- Better for lunchKMS0719VIPDined on 5/9/2014We went to Kona Grill for dinner but I bet it would be better for lunch because of all the near by businesses.
- Excellent portionHannaDined on 5/9/2014A great portion of food during happy hour and excellent service by our waiter (sorry I didn't get his name). I have palnned to come back next week.Special Features:
- Business LunchJavaJunieDined on 5/8/2014Food was good. Being on somewhat of a time crunch for lunch I felt the service was a bit slow. From the time we were seated and got our drinks until we ordered, it was 25-minutes. Otherwise a great place. I would go back. Did not use the bar for this visit, but it looked like a great place to meet for drinks and socialize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VA's finestIluvbrazilDined on 5/3/2014I had a get together of close friends for my birthday which is something I rarely do, this was a restaurant I've been wanting to visit for quite some time, I as well as my quests were quite pleased at the menu and friendliness of the young lady who was our waitress(kudo's) excellent service!!! And food!!!Special Features:
- Not bad for a chain.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Closest Kona Grill to us in Las Vegas, but it didn't stop us from trying. The menu was intriguing enough to get us in. It's prom season, so the noise level was pretty high, but the kids were well behaved, though a bit loud. Food was good. I ordered the pad thai with added shrimp and my wife ordered the macadamia nut chicken. After a few bites, she asked if we could trade. Being the good husband that I am, I did so. The pad thai was great for a chain, and the mac nut chicken was adequate. The chicken was nothing special, but I've had specialty chicken dishes at other places that were dried out, so it was fine. The two sushi rolls we ordered were ok as well. My wife really enjoyed the passion fruit creme brulee for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Kona Grill.CarolineDined on 5/2/2014I love coming here. We sat in the lounge area near the fire enjoying our meals. Our waiter forgot to bring silverware, but we both got sandwiches so it wasn't a big deal. You have to try the taro chips.Special Features:
- really friendly serviceFeliciaVIPDined on 4/27/2014Our waiter Robbie was awesome. He made good menu recommendations and was very patient with us. Food was great.Special Features:
- Excellent sushiLauraKDined on 4/26/2014I had been here once before with some girlfriends before a concert. This time I took my husband to Kina for our anniversary dinner. He and I both loved the sushi we ordered. It was fresh and delicious. The desserts (cream brûlée & macadamia nut pie) were both excellent as well. The noise level was a bit high for us to have a decent conversation, but that's because there were several large groups there at the same time we were. Other than that, I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014NIce place have eaten often... was a little loud, so some sound proofing could help epecially if you have a lot of large groupsSpecial Features:
- cozy and crazyromanceawaitsDined on 4/18/2014Conveniently located right at Baltimore's Inner Harbor the Kona Grill is a great place to just chill.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealTomPDined on 4/18/2014Definitely one of the best meals I've had. My wife started with the Margarita Flatbread which was absolutely delicious. I had the spicy tuna role which honestly was very average. My wife had the seared Ahi tuna. A nice big piece of fish. Not super top quality but very good. The sweet chili sauce was amazing. it was served with baby bock choy which were delicate and great. I had the sea bass which was nicely charred and yet delicate and buttery on the inside. Fantastic. It was served with shrimp and pork fried rice. I could easily eat this for lunch by itself. It was also served with a vegetable ragout which was spicy, fresh, and amazing. I really enjoyed this meal and easily makes it into my top 10 meals.Special Features:
- first time disappointedDeeberzVIPDined on 4/16/2014I never have anything bad to say about Kona Grill, but their calamari was a little overdone for me. Although it was tasty, it had more "chew" than I prefer. Our server did a fabulous job and took it back and brought back a better batch. Of course, I won't let this one incident stop me, but I will be more specific when ordering something like that (cook it easy, please, etc.). :)Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 4/15/2014As far as chain restaurant food goes, Kona Grill is a reliable good option. We had a large group and everything from appetizers to entrees were very good. Portions are huge if that's what you like.
- Noisy, slowHerbDined on 4/13/2014Very slow service even though we arrived, with reservations, for dinner at 5pm. Brought wrong food twice.Special Features:
- Great food and serive. HascristelwatrsDined on 4/5/2014Great food and serive. Has tv's to watch games, has great ambience and is group friendly. would recommend this place to everyoneSpecial Features:
- The crowd was loud. This restaurantVitsDined on 4/5/2014The crowd was loud. This restaurant is too upscale for a rowdy crowd.. Playing Heads Up at the table.Special Features:
- favorite placeneg87Dined on 4/5/2014My fiancé and I love this place. Everything here is good from the service to the food. Our server lauren was amazing we have had her a few times there. I come here about once a month or more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona I love this place. TheLoveKonaDined on 4/4/2014Kona I love this place. The prices are moderate, not cheap, but not overpriced. The service is excellent and the food is great! I work in the area and try to go there as often as possible, I have loved everything I've had and I have never had to wait long for the food or the check. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Kona Grill-do it!TheTwoDined on 4/4/2014You must see this special place--presentation, attention, and above all quality of food were outstanding. Each person, no matter what their assigned job, went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Every request was honored without question and very quickly. This was our second time, and we'll be back! We've been to one other Kona Grill in another state, and that good experience led us to this one--well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service.Kryv3rDined on 4/3/2014We sat for 25 minutes without drinks. We were just told several times that our wine would be right out. Three of out drinks finally came, but the margarita my friend ordered took another 5 or so minutes. This is unacceptable service in my opinion. The food took forever and our apps came out with the sushi rolls. We ordered the spicy tuna, spinach dip, and calamari. It was all edible but not memorable. Our server was polite enough but never apologized for the long wait nor acknowledged that we were waiting forever. Perhaps things always take this long there and so she didn't notice? Maybe there were things going in behind the scenes we weren't made aware of.
- Lively Dinner at Konaout4funVIPDined on 4/3/2014Three of us had dinner at Kona Grill. We selected favorites from the menu including macadamia nut chicken, Big Island meatloaf, and citrus glazed salmon. All were well-prepared and presented. For dessert, we shared a yummy key lime pie. Service was friendly and attentive. There were several large groups in the restaurant on this particular night so there was a high noise level, making conversation at our table difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.