Kona Grill - Baltimore
1 E Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 4102448994
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Baldwin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact for details.
A word from Kona Grill - Baltimore
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill"s signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Kona Grill - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Kona Grill - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (80)great for lunch (63)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (45)vibrant bar scene (42)hot spot (41)great for outdoor dining (35)kid-friendly (28)late-night find (25)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (21)great for brunch (16)scenic view (15)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Vegan dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Being a vegan near the harbor makes it challenging to find suitable finds for me as well as my traveling companions. Kona was a hit all the way around! Wonderful sushi, great beer selection and fabulous staff. Would absolutely recommend. We went back to back nights because it was so yummy!Special Features:
- Good food great serviceDCdinerDined on 7/14/2014The food was good, plenty to choose from on the menu. The wait staff was fantastic. I will not hesitate to recommend and go again when I'm in Baltimore again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in downtown BaltimoreDesigningLadiesDined on 7/13/2014This was my second visit to Kona Grille. I enjoyed both the salad that I had for lunch a few weeks ago and the sushi that I had for dinner this week. The atmosphere is very nice with comfortable booths, a large bar and very well-designed furnishings, lighting and decor.Special Features:
- Great Service and foodmomofbspDined on 7/13/2014Our waiter Eddy(Eddie) was fantastic. He was very attentive and made sure we were happy with everything! The food was excellent and we had a little of everything. App, meals, kids meals and dessert. I would recommend the Kona Grill to anyone that is going to the Baltimore area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTLifeStoryLisaDined on 7/12/2014I chose this place for my fiances surprise birthday dinner and he loved it as well as our guests. I look forward to dinning there very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceHenrydbsDined on 7/12/2014We had a reservation after the baseball game. The place was slammed, but they took us exactly on time. Our server was overwhelmed, but a manager stepped up to help him (getting drinks, checking in, etc.) and made the whole experience excellent. Great food, great atmosphere and an outstanding staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJMac77Dined on 7/12/2014We went to the place after the O's and Yankees game and booked a reservation on Open Table. Great food, good service. Actuay great service if you consider how swamped they were after the late game rush to the hotels. All the appetizers were fantastic and everyone at the table loved their entree. The desserts were great as well, especially the carrot cake.Special Features:
- Business LunchyonnitaDined on 7/9/2014We came with a vendor of ours, to express unpleasant information. The service was good (a new girl was finishing her training, and her trainer should be applauded), food was wonderful, as it usually is. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service was off puttingFrequentwalkertodinnerVIPDined on 7/9/2014I have had lunch at Kona approximately 20 times over the last six months. I usually order the turkey burger and ask for dijon mustard on the side. Kona does not stock dijon for table use, but servers have always been able to honor my request by obtaining a small amount of dijon from the line. I have always been very appreciative of the extra service. When I had lunch there this week the server told me that the restaurant did not have/use dijon mustard. I politely asked him to check with the line. He returned moments later to inform me that he had checked with the line and with his manager and they both told him that they have never had dijon mustard. Very disappointing. 20 lunches will likely go to zero.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014My family had a wonderful time at the restaurant The food and atmosphere was amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Kona Grill is a convenient lunch option and accommodating to large group requests (separate checks!). The noise level does not allow for speaches during a group meal. A private room would be nice.Special Features:
- Happy CustomerKiwiKittyDined on 6/28/2014We set up a reservation for 3 on fairly short notice on a weekend, and Kona Grill was able to accommodate us. We even had to call and change the reservation to 30 minutes later, smack in the middle of Saturday night dining, and they were very gracious and changed our time. We found the manager, hostess, and waitress all fresh and smiling.... like we were their first customers of the day, in spite of it being insanely busy in the restaurant due to baseball and convention visitors. The food was great, and we loved the big aquarium tanks full of exotic fish. I especially liked that they had their patio glass "doors/walls" open; the temperature in the restaurant was just perfect! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- SplowdDined on 6/27/2014my new favorite spot. The happy hour prices are great. $6.00 meals I love it.Special Features:
- First time visitMikeDined on 6/27/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. The food was outstanding. The service was slow and the place was not that crowded. They did however take off the price of my food item which took the longest to arrive at our table. We will visit again when we are downtown.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The food was great and our server was good and funny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointsmach086Dined on 6/21/2014An upbeat atmosphere with excellent food this is a frequent stop for us. And, if you need a sugar rush, get the carrot cake and be prepared to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rate sushi...ObligateCarnivoreDined on 6/17/2014Down in Baltimore as part of an 8000 person convention, and had a first rate experience at Kona....Fresh well balanced sushi and rolls and good service under the rush of convention goers. Kona is a piece of gold amongst the pyrite of Baltimore's inner harbor area.Special Features:
- American Foid with some cool twistsBeestillDined on 6/16/2014The place was packed with people due to conference nearby, still , service was reasonable friendly and quick. Food caters to a wide audience, place was not ideal for business discussions due to noise, but hey they showed soccer on the screens....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate eveningspikeDined on 6/15/2014It was Sunday evening and Fathers Day, we had a reservation but the restaurant was very crowded and loud. The appetizers of pot stickers and calamari were delicious. We had about an hour and fifteen minutes to eat and did let our server know when ordering that we were short of time. I departed after an hour and twenty minutes and my dinner had never arrived. The others who stayed said it was the slowest, worst service ever and that I was wrong to trust Trip Advisor where I had found this highly recommended restaurant. They said the meal was OK.
- Dinner ExperienceOrioleJoeDined on 6/15/2014Great stop before or after the O's game!! Very diverse menu with everything from chicken to sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastymayamac1Dined on 6/15/2014The pesto pasts was delish. And the butter cake was so scrumptious that it's an emergency o get back to eat it right away. The only down side was that we had a new waiter and we had to ask for bread but other than that I really enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!KristinDined on 6/14/2014The food was outstanding! It was so good we went back from lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, good priceabcedDined on 6/11/2014Hosting a party of 15, I was concerned about service however they stepped up to the challenge. The service was very good, the food was was very good and there was a large selection of entrees available with serving sizes being ample. Only drawback, the music was too loud and it was difficult to hear anyone who was not sitting in front of directly beside you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch TimeMommymacDined on 6/10/2014While the sushi here was great, the chili, which should have come out first, did not arrive until 15 minutes after the sushi. my lunchtime was almost over. The waitress seemed new and timid and did not actually know the chili had not arrived until she came to check on our table 15 minutes after the sushi was served. It was a very crowded lunchtime so I will give a pass this time. The sushi was delicious and fresh so I will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great foodZenaDined on 6/9/2014Food was good... The calamari was exceptional and the beef tacos were the best thing I ate.... You can't go wrong eating here everything we had was delicious except for the miso sake sea bass. The taste of the bass was very unpleasant it had a bitter taste that rendered the dish inedible and we had to send it back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I took a group of 5 girls here for dinner before my sister's bachelorette party. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating- they made delicious virgin drinks for the pregnant girls in the group, and were prompt with the check when we told them that we were in a rush. Everybody loved their food/drinks. Good Job, Kona Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant makes rightLike2SkiDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant's manager made our night work out as planned.....We sought out Kona to celebrate my teenager's birthday and because we had had prior good dining experiences here. We thought we could get the 1/2 price appetizers during happy hour even if we sat in the dining area. When we were seated and told we could not get them 1/2 price without sitting in the bar area, I was unhappy. However, after I spoke with the manager and we moved to the booths in the bar area, the manager helped us feel better about the misunderstanding by giving us the appetizers gratis. The food was tasty and the evening ended on a high note. Now we will return again; had the manager not made us happy, we would be looking elsewhere in the future.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutMamaGeorge1201Dined on 6/6/2014Took a group of 8 here for girls night out. The food was ok, but the portion sizes were too small for this group, we had to go to McDonalds afterwards. The drinks hit the spot, especially the apple saki! Our waitress, Caroline was very nice and accommodating. If you want to have a quiet dinner, this is not the place! It's very noisey, which was ok for us. We are usually loud anyway. I recommend using the valet for $10. My girlfriend paid $20 to park in the garage at the Hyatt.Special Features:
- concordkdlDined on 6/6/2014Great food and excellent service. Difficult to find parking and once found the parking is expensive during lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, not so nice food.jriggsDined on 5/31/2014Without going into to much detail (as it would be a horrible use of my time), the Spinach-Artichoke dip was watery, the Miso-Sake fish was not very tasty and my wife had to send it back, and the kitchen didn't pay attention to the waiter's instructions to not put pork in my wife's rice. I could go on but you get the point.
- Great lunch spot!CindiVIPDined on 5/28/2014My co-workers and I go here all the time and never get tired of it. The menu has everything from sushi to pasta! It is all delish and the don't have an issue if you ask them to hold the avocado or whatever. Food is always fresh and wait staff is friendly. I've never seen anyone working there that's "having a bad day." If you try it you'll be back.Special Features:
- The following 701 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Baltimore reviews archive.
- ConnieConnieDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyed our recent visit to Baltimore and The Kona Grill. Great service and the sea bass is extrodinary!Special Features:
- Not as good as other Kona locationsMikeys23Dined on 5/24/2014Restaurant location was great. Walking distance if staying at or near Inner Harbor. Other than location it seems to take on the flare of many other restaurants and attractions at the Inner Harbor. Appears to me to bask in the glory of commercialization at the expense of quality food and service. Have been to other Kona locations, and this location seemed to be a step or two behind relative to food and service.Special Features:
- Great SpotKandCDined on 5/23/2014Good food and great service. Portions were appropriate for the price paid. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulDeeberzVIPDined on 5/23/2014I took my niece to lunch last week, and it was her first time. She really enjoyed the specialty sushi (if you want to call it that - wasabi tuna in tortilla wrap - delish!Special Features:
- Good, as alwaysWalkNDineDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I took our mothers and my grandmother here for a belated Mother's Day. They don't have many tables able to support large parties, so they seated us at an elevated booth. It was not easy for some of our party to get up to the booth, as it was about a foot off the ground, but it did give us an excellent view of the beautiful decor. Our table had the potstickers, bulgogi tacos, some sushi rolls, and clam chowder as appetizers. The potstickers and soup were outstanding, and the sushi was good, but the tacos (there were only 2) were very salty and chewy. For dinner, I had the hana chicken salad, which was vinegary but otherwise good. We had the macadamia nut pie for dessert, which was absolutely blissful. I could eat that foreverSpecial Features:
- Great Variety and Drinks!MalloryVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is a definite hot spot in close proximity to both the Hyatt, and the Sheraton Inner Harbor. We had wonderful service and there is a very diverse selection of food! The drinks and the sushi were excellent, but I ended up sending back an overpriced order of sashimi because it was very off to me, and an odd texture. The waiter did not even hesitate about removing it from my bill however, and the rest of the meal was great! I would recommend this place for groups with different food interests, as there is definitely something for everyone!!!Special Features:
- Saturday dinnerJeffDined on 5/17/2014Great location for people watching in windowed café. In the center of downtown action. The salmon sandwich was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. The tuna on wonton chips is an exceptional appetizer! The ceviche was an unusual preparation with cilantro and jalapeño that was almost too hot to eat. The chili lime shrimp salad was the only disappointment; wilted greens, bland shrimp and lacked flavor. Overall a good spot that would probably be best for lunch.Special Features:
- Graduation Celebration!kvonaDined on 5/17/2014We had a group of 14 people for lunch after my daughter's graduation last Saturday afternoon. Everything was perfect - the food and service were both excellent. The wait staff were courteous, accomodating, made inciteful recommendations and prompt with responding to requests going out of there way to make sure that every thing was perfect for our special celebration. We did not have a long wait for our food and it all came out at the same time and it was delicious. The only down side was that we did not have a separate area to ourselves, but that did not detract at all from our luncheon or how great the whole experience was. Thanks to Kona Grill for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but very noisyHM006Dined on 5/16/2014We enjoyed the good food and drinks, but as the night wore on the nearby tables got drunker and louder to the point where we could barely hear each other across the table.