MP Taverna - Roslyn
1363 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
MP Taverna - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelpsilakis.com/
- Phone: 5166866486x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Psilakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from MP Taverna - Roslyn
At MP Taverna, Chef Michael Psilakis introduces his award-winning Greek-American fare to Long Island’s North Shore. Located in the heart of Roslyn, NY, MP Taverna is a modern interpretation of a traditional Greek taverna. Open for Lunch, Dinner & Weekend Brunch, MP Taverna is an exciting addition to the Long Island dining scene. The ground floor houses the main dining room & separate bar, while the second floor is perfect for private dining & events. The dinner menu allows diners to order from an assortment of meze, salads, entrees, & plat du jours. Meze options include Meatballs, Octopus with Mediterranean chickpea salad, & Trio of Greek Spreads, highlights from the salad selection include the MP Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onions, & feta. Signature dishes like the Lamb Burger with smashed potato & pickle or Grilled Branzino with fingerlings, cherry tomatoes & olives, are offered together with simply grilled options such as Swordfish, Salmon or Steak & Sausage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
MP Taverna - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
MP Taverna - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)great for outdoor dining (86)great for lunch (65)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (57)great for brunch (34)special occasion (27)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (22)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- Roslyn MP TavernaAdrock1Dined on 4/18/2014I took my girlfriend here because I've been to the restaurant several times before and it never failed to disappoint. I'll be coming back and recommending this restaurant for life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek - ElevatedDanacooksDined on 4/13/2014In the spirit of a taverna, Chef Psilakis takes traditional Greek dishes, but elevates the flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableSteveVIPDined on 4/12/2014Been here a number of times...my wife loves the lamb chops and i enjoy the simply grilled fish....smashed fries are great and so is tomato salad...service is always very good except this time a little spotty..appetizers and entree came out at the same time...took back entree....prices are good...wine is a little expensive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than expectedopeltzVIPDined on 4/12/2014Have been here a handful of times throughout the years. The first time I can and this time have been the best. Group of 4 we shared the meatballs app and the 3 dip combo. Meatballs are so different and tasty. Dip is fine - was not my choice. I had the lamb chops which were a special and they were delicious - a bit fatty but I guess that's where the flavor comes from. The smashed fries were my favorite, so crispy! Everyone else had the steak and lamb chops and all were pleased. Our waiter was sweet and eager to please although he didn't really know anything.
- A great place to eatFoodie2Dined on 4/12/2014Food was delicious....lots of interesting choices...we loved the grilled octopus and chickpea salad appetizer to start....everyone enjoyed the meal....from Bronzino, to lamb chops, to dorado. All good ....service was prompt,waiter was attentive...excellentSpecial Features:
- The Masters at MP TavernaCraigVIPDined on 4/12/2014I went to grab a bite & watch the Masters. They had the Yankee game on & I asked if I can watch the Masters to which the bartender & my server Adam obliged. I enjoyed the delicious salad and verty tasty Greek meatballs with a well poured and perfectly chilled Weisbeer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek GemEricVIPDined on 4/11/2014What a great restaurant. Great fresh fish and the staff accommodates special dietary requests. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've always and will continueSwissMiss4VIPDined on 4/5/2014We've always and will continue to enjoy MP Tavern. Our friends had been to a Greek restaurant the night before and said that from the service to food presentation to taste, MP Taverna was a welcome surprise. We enjoy everything from the delicious sangria - both white and red - are delicious to the appetizers and main course. It's a standby for us.Special Features:
- AstoriansOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2014It was our first time to MP Taverna and we enjoyed it very much. The food was delicious and our server, Aenora, was lovely, attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The prices were very fair for the quality of food, My 2 suggestions would be that the restaurant would be a bit more mindful regarding the volume on the music. We sat in the small paneled room upstairs and the music in the room was way too loud, which in turn caused the diners to speak loudly, I would request to not sit in that room again. Secondly, the food came out too quickly after the appetizers, we were in no rush, but nevertheless, dinner was over in an hour, wish it lasted a bit longer! Will definitely return again and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food OK ServiceAnonymousReviewerVIPDined on 4/5/20145 of us went, and the reservation was almost on time. We ended up sitting outside the galley on the second floor, but that was okay. We were able to have conversations, which is important. The food is good, traditional Greek flavors. The service was just really slow both times I've been there. I don't want to be rushed, but waiting over 30 minutes for a desert of "yogurt" is a little silly. Prices are good, too. I will be back.Special Features:
- Love this place!NicoleDined on 4/4/2014My husband took me here for my birthday since he knows what a fan I am of Chef Psilakis. He is not a fan of Greek food but this is not your average Greek faire. Chef Psilakis takes his cooking to another level with a flair that is simply unique. My husband had the Greek Paella and I had the grilled branzino, which were both amazing. We started with the octopus over chickpeas, the three spreads with pita and the crab croquettes. All were just fabulous! Of course we were stuffed but they sent us the apple baklava for dessert and we devoured it! Definitely one of my new fave places. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expected VerymartyVIPDined on 4/3/2014better than expected Very generous tasty well prepared dishes and a fine greek wine at reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable ChoiceLuvtheaterVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been here many times. It is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utterly deliciousIrinaVIPDined on 3/28/2014A very wonderful restaurant. Casual and delicious. Modestly priced. Really comfortable booths and thoughtful hospitality. Took my mother there for w late lunch and we both ordered the special of the day, a moist grilled Bronzino on a bed of scrumptious grilled fingerling potatoes and cherry tomatoes, a finely cut Greek salad w the perfect vinaigrette, and, for dessert, a silky whipped Greek yogurt with a light hand of wildflower honey, sesame, sunflower, and chia seeds and a single lovely blackberry on top. Utterly delicious...all of it. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceScottyVIPDined on 3/20/2014This was my third time here and again it did not disappoint. The food is consistently good & the staff very nice & helpful. Quite an enjoyable mealSpecial Features:
- Something for everyoneBertaVIPDined on 3/19/2014A great neighborhood restaurant. Great outdoor sitting in the summer.Special Features:
- A solid performance as alwaysBluewolfmoonDined on 3/19/2014If you're looking for enjoyable Greek food without an overwhelming menu and consistent quality. This is your place. I come here frequently for business lunches and always enjoy myself. The only criticism I can offer is that the service is often slow, so as long as you're not in any major rush - this is the perfect location. they have a great rooftop area in the summers months as well, which makes it a favourite!Special Features:
- Authentic GreekvinceDined on 3/15/2014MP Taverna- Authentic Greek food at a reasonable price. Grilled plate, aged feta, half chicken,grilled octo/ Greek wines- all delicious!Special Features:
- The bloom is offArtyWoman69VIPDined on 3/15/2014The service and food at MP Taverna seem to have taken a step down recently. We were served an appetizer of white anchovies in an unimaginative and tasteless manner. While the anchovies were good, they needed a counter point and not just pita bread (which seems to be the new standby there). A little salad, a veggie would have made the dish much more palatable. The other dishes were fine, but the trout was a bit dry. Actually the vegetable dishes and sides are the best thing about the place right now. It will be a while before we go back. It was good but not the way it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great on a Saturday nightPintshirazVIPDined on 3/8/2014I love MP Taverna any night of the week but Saturday. I won't go back on a Saturday night. They ran out of my first choice of fish, which is a regular on the menu; the "special" fish was just okay and they brought out the main dish (paella) that two people at my table ordered at the same time as the appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, wine and spiritsEAL1Dined on 3/8/2014food was good, especially "grandma's meat ball" appetizer; salmon was excellent and cooked to order; paella was overly spiced, too hot, and the spice overwhelmed the seafood. Some tables & booths are poorly placed and packed into small spaces. Service was excellent, and we will return again. A side note - their lunch salads are excellent and worth a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, great dessertvze2fbrxDined on 3/1/2014The food is very good and interesting, everything had an out of the ordinary flare.Special Features:
- Will Definitely Come BackLovetoeatVIPDined on 3/1/2014We shared a number of appetizers and each one was delicious. Especially loved the bulghar salad, but the octopus, cod cakes and Greek meatballs were also wonderful. I ordered the dumpling entree which I loved and my husband had grilled Bronzino with smashed fries, also very good. Only complaint was the service. The waitress was very nice but totally inattentive. We had to look for her many times during the dinner to order cocktails, water, dessert, and the check. But I still plan to come back again for dinner as the food was really delicious. I am actually going to be in the neighborhood on Wednesday and plan to pop in to bring home some of the bulghar salad - I can't stop feeling like I want more of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's one of our favoritesGreatDined on 2/26/2014It's one of our favorites and we keep on going back and back. Their grilled fish dishes are out of this world, so tasty and you feel you actually eat very healthy. Highly recommend this gem.Special Features:
- Excellent food, but felt weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2014Excellent food, but felt we were rushed with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy to loveCookieDined on 2/20/2014Food is consistently delicious; service attentive, friendly, accommodating; moderate prices very much appreciated. All this brings us back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The TopAncoraImparo2Dined on 2/16/2014First dining experience at MP Taverna and it was a genuine pleasure. It was a special occasion, catching up with my goddaughter who flew up from Boca Raton. Everyone enjoyed the Sunday brunch from start to finish. The portions were ample, the taste of every dish was beyond comparison, and the wine pairing was right on. I might as well been back in Santorini as we finished up with Greek Coffee and sweet masterpieces. I plan on going back for dinner soon. If we were on Mount Olympus, Zeus would be dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 2/11/2014I have been here for lunch 4 times and can't wait for another excuse to go there. I have had the lunch special each time ($15). There tomato salad is delicious ( tomatoes,green beans ,feta, cucumber,and sautéed onions) . The entree was cavatelli with 2 jumbo shrimp,also delicious . Dessert was Greek yogurt with fruit- yummy. Each day of the week is a different special for lunch. I tasted the skillet eggs that my daughter had, and they were great also. Her friend had the hamberger and thought it was very good. This is a great place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We used Open Table for ourNYerVIPDined on 2/8/2014We used Open Table for our reservation and were seated in the bar area, which I do not like. It was loud; wait staff was mediocre and manager bordered on rude. Food was just ok -- we were asked to leave because they wanted to "re-use" the table.
- As already stated, the locationMassapequaDined on 2/1/2014As already stated, the location has many positive attributes. One negative about the establishment is that there is very little parking. Also, the second floor has too much seating. Make sure you are not seated near the center aisle; we were very uncomfortable due to our seating.Special Features:
- It's always a treat to comeGloriaVIPDined on 1/29/2014It's always a treat to come here and have that DIVINE Taverna salad with beef and sausage bits; it's my very favorite;but who can beat those daily specials at $15?????For that quality, NO ONE! And one other person had the shrimp with pasta (yes, THAT'S how many shrimp!);service was particularly warm and inviting this day including a very convivial manager! GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/26/2014We have eaten at the one in Irvington and it was amazing. Had to send the Chicken back because we ordered it without garlic and it came with garlic. I think they rushed the order the 2nd time and the sauce was really bad. We may try it again and give them another chance. Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Been here a dozen times andslowglowVIPDined on 1/25/2014Been here a dozen times and I've never been disappointed. In fact, the food only has gotten better. Love this gem.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!ArtyWoman69VIPDined on 1/24/2014We always have a great meal at MP Taverna. They were very accommodating as we shifted our reservation to later as people couldn't arrive as originally planned. One of our party had an accident at the table -- dropping olive oil on the floor. They were attentive and helpful in the clean-up. The wait staff was attentive most of the time as well; twice the manager checked in to make sure everything was as we wanted it. So the service and food made for a great experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 1/15/2014This was our third visit for their lunch special. It was delicious. Each weekday has a different combination . Ours was a crab croquette ,salad with diced chicken, and walnut cake. We have had it before and it was just as excellent the second time. This place is great for lunch. I would recommend it to anyone. Great value, great taste, great price. What more could you want!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost heavenBasilGrafasDined on 1/14/2014I am an admitted foodie and I have enjoyed Greek cuisine all over the world, to include the motherland. This place embodies the best of grandma (yiayia) cooking with a gourmet chef's flair. Tender octopus, fantastic mussels and gigante beans and heavenly meatball mezethes. We combined these (at the wise suggestion of the waiter) with two entrees, the Greek paella and Greek dumplings, so that all four of us could trade around. Perfect. Imaginative desserts but perhaps not to the same level as the main courses. The only flaw was the total absence of Greek red wine. They were listed but not available. That should not happen at a place of this caliber. Take away half a point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findYumyumVIPDined on 1/14/2014From the moment we walked in to the moment we left everything was excellent. Apps and entrees were all delicious and service was very friendly. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food!LadyoftheoaksVIPDined on 1/11/2014Restaurant gets better and better. Grilled salmon was perfectly done. Great wine. Everything was outstanding. Great value too.Special Features:
- At its bestArtyWoman69VIPDined on 1/10/2014This time everything was perfect: food and service were excellent and noise level was moderate. The octopus salad and grilled fish were perfectly done and the dessert of spice and parsnip cake was amazing! This place gets better and better. The manager and wait staff were attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Very consistentSteveVIPDined on 1/4/2014We have been here a number of times;it is always very good.we love the tomatoe salad.the fries are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.