MP Taverna - Roslyn
1363 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
MP Taverna - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelpsilakis.com/
- Phone: 5166866486x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Psilakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from MP Taverna - Roslyn
At MP Taverna, Chef Michael Psilakis introduces his award-winning Greek-American fare to Long Island’s North Shore. Located in the heart of Roslyn, NY, MP Taverna is a modern interpretation of a traditional Greek taverna. Open for Lunch, Dinner & Weekend Brunch, MP Taverna is an exciting addition to the Long Island dining scene. The ground floor houses the main dining room & separate bar, while the second floor is perfect for private dining & events. The dinner menu allows diners to order from an assortment of meze, salads, entrees, & plat du jours. Meze options include Meatballs, Octopus with Mediterranean chickpea salad, & Trio of Greek Spreads, highlights from the salad selection include the MP Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onions, & feta. Signature dishes like the Lamb Burger with smashed potato & pickle or Grilled Branzino with fingerlings, cherry tomatoes & olives, are offered together with simply grilled options such as Swordfish, Salmon or Steak & Sausage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
MP Taverna - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
MP Taverna - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)great for outdoor dining (82)fit for foodies (77)great for lunch (63)good for groups (58)special occasion (31)great for brunch (29)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (19)romantic (17)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- Salty Lamb ChopsFoodforthoughtDined on 8/2/2014It was my first time there and it came recommended, but I would not recommend it. I ordered the lamb chops which were on Specials Menu. They were cooked as ordered except they were so salty and that was a big turn off. The smashed fries that came with them were somewhat cold. Overall disappointed, especially for the price.
- Normally betterKarenessVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have been here several times, and it is always good...except this time. My son ordered the special...shrimp with 3 cheeses. It had exactly 2 shrimp in the dish...and they came with the heads on (not an attractive presentation.) My husband and I ordered whole fish. It was cold, as were my veggies. We asked for it to be warmed, and it came back just as cold as when it went back. When we complained to the waiter, he did nothing about it.Special Features:
- Manager righted the shipfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014dined here on Sat. Evening. Sat outside. Scene was comfortable and relaxing. After 45 minutes, realized that had not gotten our appetizers. Service stayed down hill from there. Entrees arrived without special vegetable of the day, which we all ordered, instead fingerling potatoes were substituted. When we explained to waiter that we did not order potatoes his response was that kitchen "ran out of "brussel sprouts". We suggested that he should had informed us of this before the food came out, to which he responded that he had just found out. We called on the manager who not only apologized for the problem, but quickly arranged for substitute green vegetables, for the four of us and a fresh piece of Salmon for one. May try againSpecial Features:
- AmazingMareDined on 7/26/2014The most amazing Greek restaurant I have ever dined at. The food was off the charts with a very creative chef and menu. Not traditional Greek but Greek with a creative flair. The mussels, grilled octopus, and fish dishes were to die for! I do not live near the restaurant. It is roughly 45 minutes from where I live but if I had to walk there next time, honestly I would. It was that terrific! I am returning in two weeks to take some friends out for dinner. I want to share this "jewel" with them! Thank you for such a fabulous meal with great service!Special Features:
- A wonderful surpriseBabsDined on 7/26/2014We are always looking for a new place to dine alone and that is also appropriate to take family and/or friends. MP Taverna is it! We have gone to Astoria for authentic Greek food and have been disappointed - MP Taverna was EXCEPTIONAL - the food was fabulous, pleasant atmosphere and great service! We will be back - again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop diningBb2eatVIPDined on 7/24/2014Good food, good service and great ambience. Summer rooftop dining at its best!Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014We finally went for brunch outside . It was a great day we had the grilled octopus , Greek meatballs and lamb burgers. Everything was fabulous.Special Features:
- Outside Even BetterDLPGDined on 7/19/2014Always love coming here. It's one of the first restaurants I think of when going out with others who haven't been here. I've always had a delicious meal...you can't go wrong with anything ordered. I was thrilled to see that there are now more traditional Greek desserts on the menu. Went on a gorgeous Saturday night and loved eating outside on the rooftop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food & great serviceBozoVIPDined on 7/16/2014I have dined here in the past and was impressed by the food (specifically Branzino) and was thrilled to see they still offered my favorite fish and offered a variety of options. I like that the entree choices allow you to select a small salad or side dish rather than force you into the choice the chef dictates. The wine special was tasty and a great bargain. Service was exemplary. Try to visit on a week nite when the noise level is much lower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotLorraineDined on 7/15/2014Visiting from out of town and met some local friends for lunch. Had a Greek salad with chicken. Very fresh tasting. The chicken was a bit dry, but overall the meal was very nice. The service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all is good here, all the time.ijs4VIPDined on 7/13/2014food, beverage and staff are consistently good. quality is above average for the price. it's our "go-to" local place.Special Features:
- MmmmgoodLuvs2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I eat at MP Taverna semi regularly. The food is always delicious, and never disappoints. Some of our favorites are the grandmas meatballs, the bulgar salad, the lemon chicken, and the simply grilled salmon. Each dish is loved by everyone who tries it. No matter what you order, you can't go wrong. The service has always been good too. As a side note, in the summer they have outside dining, if you are willing to wait the extra time for a table. Overall, you will leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice family dinnerAbeiVIPDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful deco and nice food with reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to eatmarielDined on 7/9/2014We have been here several times since the place opened. The food is good and the service is wonderful. Everyone is very eager to please the guests including the manager who came to our table several times to make sure all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!sofeDined on 7/2/2014First time at MP with my husband and it will certainly not be our last. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. It is located in a pretty town that one can take a walk after dinner.Special Features:
- AsheeVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great simple greek food with a lot of creative items on the memu
- Very good...wish they had "ouzo"CostasDined on 6/27/2014Very good food (assortment of appetizers and pork souvlaki). It would be nice to have ouzo, as they also have the traditional cheap Greek wine ("retsina"). Definitely a future option for dining.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great serviceJRJ96Dined on 6/26/2014We have been to MP Taverna several times and our experiences have always been positive. The food is amazing (try the lamb meatballs) and the service is top notch. We ate outside and the ambience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/25/2014While the food is tasty and well prepared, the service on all levels was lacking. There was no follow-up once our meal was served and we needed to track someone down for a missing serving spoon while our meal got cold. The wait staff and management seemed to robotically go through the motions lacking any warmth or emotion. Very disappointing since we enjoyed our meal and total experience at their Irvington location in spite of the high noise level.
- The following 722 reviews are from the MP Taverna - Roslyn reviews archive.
- MP Taverna in RoslynjucoonthetownDined on 6/20/2014Pretty good menu and nice wine list. Too bad there was no table on the terrace.Special Features:
- What a hit!YumyumVIPDined on 6/16/2014Lovely experience in the middle of Roslyn once again. Ordered octopus (A MUST!), combination of dips, grandmas meatballs & fried calamari to start. We were with 2 of our friend who are very picky people that night and they loved everything. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating to whatever we wanted. For our entrees we ordered the lemon chicken, branzino, whole trout and and MP salad with chicken. All were delicious. We were to stuffed for dessert but maybe next time :) oh and we sat outside on the rooftop, this made for a very relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2014My friend and I were hoping to eat al fresco and tried a place on Port Washington but the wait was ridiculous. I checked on Open Table and saw that MP Taverna had a reservation and we headed over. It was nearly empty on this Monday night and we were able to sit outside on their second floor. Very good food, octopus, chickpea zucchini soup, grilled fish. I have been here a few times and I will definitely return. The lovely young woman at the front desk even made a point of checking us in "to be sure that you get your points on Open Table".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014The food here was beyond bland for the price and quality and I've been to better places locally and in the city. Usually am not a person to set high expectations beforehand but heard from a few people about this place so decided to check this place out and cross one more restaurant off my list. This is the first and last time I would be coming here, fyi. The dishes went back into the kitchen the same way they had come out - all of our plates were full. Bland, salty with really poor quality meat. I've eaten lamb plenty of times and I know lamb has a distinct smell but this smell was beyond that. Also, the bread on the table was stale. Overall, nothing spectacular - $150 were wasted and I'm not sure how this place is still open.
- MehVeggieDined on 6/10/2014Things started to go downhill as soon as we arrived. We were told that our reservation for 5 could only be accommodated by putting us at a booth designed for 4 and adding a seat at the end. I specifically made a note when I made my reservation that one of us was disabled and need a table to accommodate this. I saw an empy table for 6. I requested it, but was told it was reserved. Eventually, we were given this table. No party of 6 showed up. The food was bland, not what I expect from a Greek restaurant. My tomato salad appetizer was not fresh. My souvlaki entree was a plate of steamed vegetables wrapped in pita. I requested a dessert with a Bday candle for my son. It was brought out with an unlit candle. I do not recommend dining here
- rab4VIPDined on 6/4/2014Our meal was good. The service is a bit quirky. It was a week night, not busy so the noise level was good. A great place for a weeknight meal that won't break the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night chef isn't as goodArtyWoman69VIPDined on 6/1/2014The food was not up to MP's usual standard. Octopus was served cold, but they kindly reheated it when asked. I find their food just isn't as good as it used to be. The service was good, the manager apologized for the cold octopus. Very attentive service, but just an average meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to get their story straightluluDined on 5/31/2014I received an email about a happy hour from 3-6:30. I called to see if it was offered every day and was told - yes it is daily. I sign in the restaurant also said 'daily.' But when I got there, the hostess said it is only monday-friday. When I said I called and they said it was daily she reluctantly said OK they would honor it but it ends at 6. The email said we could get pitchers - the waiter said no pitchers for happy hour. Every one we dealt from person on the phone, to email, to hostess, to waiter had a different story. Very annoying to deal with people who don't honor their own emails.Special Features:
- Quality Greek RestaurantFamilyGuyDined on 5/31/2014Comfortable ambience. Good service. Fresh and carefully cooked food. Reasonably priced wine list with interesting selections.Special Features:
- Lived up to what I had heardGrillmasterHDined on 5/28/2014My buddy and I went to MP Taverna to celebrate his birthday. I had heard good things about their restaurant in Westchester. The food was excellent. I would recommend and I will be back.Special Features:
- Chase's Doctor DadNeilVIPDined on 5/26/2014Loved this informal Greek restaurant, with varied menu, friendly staff and nice décor. Wonderful upstairs outdoors terrace for dining during warm weather. Branzino was amazing!Special Features:
- Lovely and accommodatingShanaMaidelVIPDined on 5/26/2014Been to Astoria location as well. Consistently excellent. Very good and friendly service, but distracted when too busy. They need more service people. Very good and crabby crab cakes. Order a bunch of appetizers and try a few things. Can't wait to try their Irvington location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robert1Dined on 5/23/2014Superb cuisine complimented by an extremely pleasant owner and staff make MP Taverna a restaurant to return to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good experience.ijs4VIPDined on 5/22/2014swordfish and bronzini always good. excellent side dishes, e.g. bulgar beer well priced; wine a bit pricey.Special Features:
- No Gyros here!LongBeachFoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2014This is upscale Greek cuisine… no Gyros here. Appetizers are good, especially Grandma's meatballs, and salads are interesting and vibrant. Among the entrees, lamb shows up in several forms, but there are also good choices in fish, chicken, seafood… even a Greek Paella that was chock full of shrimp, mussels and sausage, with orzo replacing rice. Other members of our party had chicken, trout, a lamb burger… and everyone was pleased with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumSheriAJDined on 5/17/2014Reasonably priced for this level of delicious food. My Greek friend was really pleased with the authenticity.Special Features:
- DeliciousFabulousVIPDined on 5/17/2014This was our second dinner here. The food is absolutely delicious and the place is beautiful.Special Features:
- missing pontsUltissimaVIPDined on 5/17/2014Very enjoyable dinner great food and wine nice atmosphere. Was suppose to get 1000 pts but only received 100 I dont get that!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MP TavernadiningoutDined on 5/16/2014we ordered 2 different fish that were on the "specials" menu Outstanding taste and presentation Great prices also. Our waitress was very good - great service all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good againopeltzVIPDined on 5/16/2014Really good experience again. Tried octopus & grandma's meatballs for first time and both very tasty. Branzino, dip, salad good as usual.Special Features:
- ReliableAroundjennDined on 5/11/2014When MP Taverna first opened I thought the service and food was fantastic. I've been a few times since but I think it's lost it's charm. The food is satisfactory and the service is amicable. It's a popular neighborhood spot so I guess it still gets buzz. The buzz is also taking away from what could be great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.