MP Taverna - Roslyn
1363 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
MP Taverna - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelpsilakis.com/
- Phone: 5166866486x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Psilakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from MP Taverna - Roslyn
At MP Taverna, Chef Michael Psilakis introduces his award-winning Greek-American fare to Long Island’s North Shore. Located in the heart of Roslyn, NY, MP Taverna is a modern interpretation of a traditional Greek taverna. Open for Lunch, Dinner & Weekend Brunch, MP Taverna is an exciting addition to the Long Island dining scene. The ground floor houses the main dining room & separate bar, while the second floor is perfect for private dining & events. The dinner menu allows diners to order from an assortment of meze, salads, entrees, & plat du jours. Meze options include Meatballs, Octopus with Mediterranean chickpea salad, & Trio of Greek Spreads, highlights from the salad selection include the MP Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onions, & feta. Signature dishes like the Lamb Burger with smashed potato & pickle or Grilled Branzino with fingerlings, cherry tomatoes & olives, are offered together with simply grilled options such as Swordfish, Salmon or Steak & Sausage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
MP Taverna - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
MP Taverna - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)great for outdoor dining (81)fit for foodies (77)great for lunch (61)good for groups (59)special occasion (31)great for brunch (29)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (21)vibrant bar scene (20)romantic (17)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great fishCather123VIPDined on 10/20/2014Really fresh fish. Very reasonable prices especially when you consider consider the quality. We like to go during the week since weekends can get crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your run of the mill Greek!MarciGVIPDined on 10/19/2014Friends recommend, and since it's far we waited until we were traveling back from Rockland County. The menu is small but deceptive. The food was so darn yummy, we couldn't stop making hmmm noises! Husband had the pasta with chicken, which we would NEVEr order at a Greek restaurant, but it was creamy, perfectly balanced and perfectly al dente. I had the Branzino and I can honestly say, it was the best I've ever had. The skin was crispy, the meat was moist and well seasoned. It has a lemon butter drizzel and roasted scallions. Side of MP Salad was so yummy, there wasn't anything left in the bowl! Only complaint-hubby's chair was very uncomfortable. Otherwise, a winner!Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014the food is always top notch here. the atmosphere is excellent. we love coming hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish, very well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We had a lovely time at MP Taverna, the waitress was absolutely charming , the food very well prepared and fresh. For this quality of food, the bill was moderate, the restaurant is an excellent value and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everningBinkieDined on 10/18/2014Introduced two other couples to the restaurant. They loved the restaurant. Appetizers were great -nice selection. Mostly everyone had fish and all were happy. Save some room for delicious dessert selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh fishCather123VIPDined on 10/12/2014I had the on the menu filet which was just fine. My husband had a whole fish special of silver snapper, which was truly great. We were impressed with the quality, especially being that it was Sunday and ordinarily fish is not at its best when the markets are closed. Perfect meal.Special Features:
- RachelRachelVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always a treat but first time seated upstairs. Lovely and quiet and really special. Personal friendly attention can't find anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaygirlDined on 10/10/2014Pleasant surroundings good menu fair prices nice sized portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charm in RoslynjumpinjackVIPDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant has it all ,great selection of fish.Something for everyone to eat.The restaurant also has charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJosephVIPDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I love the food and service; a little pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Went early on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/4/2014So it was not crowded and also fairly quiet. We had the octopus with chickpeas as an appetizer, perhaps one of the best we ever had. Then we tried a Labrak (whole fish) and a bronzino (fillets), both were excellent. The bronzion would have been better if it didn't swim in olive oil. Otherwise, strongly recommend the place. This was our first time there and we surely be back
- luv2eatoutDined on 10/3/2014This is my second time at MP Taverna in Roslyn. I have also eaten In Astoria. The food never disappoints. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable . I would have liked eating upstairs, outdoors at my recent visit; however I was told it would be a bit chilly. Perhaps heaters could be added to help prolong the outside dining experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine Greek food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and goodRosieLou9Dined on 10/2/2014Always delicious with fresh fish and great Greek dishes, MP Taverna is one of our go-tos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Although I have eaten in the Westchester venu many times, this was my first time in Roslyn, and also the first time I have lunched at MP, and I was not disappointed. In fact, the lunch was fabulous and everything was beautifully presented as well as most delicious. I am a true convert and will continue to patronize all of your restaurants. You are the best for Greek/ Middle East cuisine that is new, innovative and yummy. I have introduced several friends to MP and they love it as well. Keep up the great work.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationlive2eatDined on 9/30/2014We have eaten here a few times but decided that it was the perfect destination for our 13th anniversary. Coming on a Tuesday night is just wonderful - nice and quiet, attentive service, and excellent food. We started with the fabulous meatballs, followed by roast chicken with lemon sauce for one entree and the mixed grill platter. We shared a dessert that consisted of wafer thin phyllo with apple custard in between accompanied by amaretto crunch gelato. Yummy for sure. And teh prices are so reasonable. Most of the entrees are quite substantial - I've always had leftovers to bring home so I could eat one of their great desserts. The wine list is also commendable both for its quality and reasonable prices. Don't miss this place!Special Features:
- Great take on Greek foodWeedyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Michael psilakis' unique take on trad Greek food. Eveything is flavorful and satisfying and exceeds expectations. Fun friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickDined on 9/26/2014Food, service and feel of the restaurant were all outstanding! Will definitely return often.Special Features:
- Local Greek fareCometDined on 9/20/2014Pleasant ambience, good service, and well-prepared food make this restaurant a good local Go-To place!Special Features:
- Yummy...ResturantManDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good. good portions and flavor. Cramped! in the section that we sat there was not enough room to get between tables to get to your seat without putting your butt on the table next to us. Our waiter was very inexperienced and inattentive. This was not just a problem for my table but all the tables in his section. No manager in sight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!YumyumVIPDined on 9/20/2014Always bringing friends to dine here with us and they always love it. The staff is very friendly and remembers us when we come in. They always hold our favorite table! We always get the octopus and the branzino, never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a winnercontangoDined on 9/13/2014Been to this location as well as their location in Astoria. Food and service consistently good. Prices very reasonable. Very good experience every time we have dined here. You will not be disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsDined on 9/13/2014Second time we have been here - this time with a group. Everyone agreed the food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfactory dining experienceEaterouterVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed yogurt dip appetizer with cucumbers and warm pita wedges. Entree choices were good. We had salmon, lamb chops and entree salad with prawns. Excellent service. A bit noisy and getting louder as evening wore on. Will return.Special Features:
- GloriaVIPDined on 9/9/2014This is such a wonderful modern Greek restaurant that I think I've been to ,well....ALOT! I really have to order SOMETHING other that the Taverna steak/sausage salad, but it is SOOOOO great that it's hard not too! Those daily combos are the most amazing buy you will EVER find;ambiance is teriffic, and eating on the roof -do so when possible! The Maitre D is as good a reason to go as the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Modern GreekHungryMan25Dined on 9/6/2014Coming from a Greek background it was a pleasantly surprising twist on some traditional dishes. The flavors really popped in every item ordered. Only critique is that they go a little to heavy with the use of garlic and onions, but doesn't ruin the meal. Good meal all around and Mae sure to save some room for some delicious Greek desserts!Special Features:
- Bad ServiceFoodluverDined on 9/5/2014I really wanted to like this restaurant. Although the food itself was good (not great) the service was very disappointing. We got only one round of drinks because our waitress never came back around to ask us if we needed another drink, OR to fill our glasses with water. Once our food was served, she only once came back to ask if we wanted to see the dessert menu. We ordered dessert which was very good! Baklava with ice cream. Only once we were done with our dessert she asked if we wanted coffee. I wouldn't say the restaurant or the food is horrible... just not a great experience.
- FantasticYumyumVIPDined on 9/5/2014Repeat customer, best food, great friendly service. Go and try. Get the grilled octopus and the fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencesari34Dined on 9/5/2014The food here is phenomenal. Everything we had was great! The atmosphere and the decor of the restaurant was classy and comfortable. This is a great local restaurant and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a delicious, healthy meal out with friends, family or a date.Special Features:
- In a word... wonderfulwmw322VIPDined on 9/4/2014Really gracious hostess Alexis. Great food great drinks great vibes great evening. Don't miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2014Service was non-existent, mama's pork meatballs were raw & octopus was the worst I've ever had. The best part of our meal was the wine & we had to refill our own glasses.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/29/2014The potential is there but it is never special just an OK place. The most bizarre lunch special every. Menu states we serve your dessert with your lunch which is weird especially as it is a yogart based dessert. Is it that much work to wait? Especially if others in the party aren't doing the special.
- Red4VIPDined on 8/25/2014A one hour wait for an ordered well done lamb burger was enough for me to change my normal weekly visit to a no-go. By the way, when it was finally served it was rare. I will try again since previous visits were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY! AS USUAL!MsDoc1Dined on 8/24/2014Freshly prepared fish, delicious salad..super chicken and burgers. Courteous at all times! Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Great Find!JoyceLDined on 8/24/2014We look forward to returning, the food was exceptional, we were pleasantly surprised. All in all a great experience, with a great waitress.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014The good was not good and not a good value for money.
- Delicious dining under the starsBb2eatVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food is simply delicious, a taste of Manhattan in a quaint suburban neighborhood. Twice we dined on their rooftop outdoor area and really wonderful ambience coupled with a great service and kid friendly.Special Features:
- barnDined on 8/16/2014We ate upstairs outside and all was quite delightful!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Experiencefoodman13VIPDined on 8/15/2014Ordered fish. It was fresh and prepared quite nicely. Sat on the outdoor deck. The weather was lovely, the view on the parking lot wasn't. MP presents Greek food with a nice, current twist on it. I will go back.Special Features:
- Go to another restaurantMarcoVIPDined on 8/14/2014The service was very slow and the place was almost empty. The food is edible but not well seasoned nor well presented. Special requests were graciously accepted but the kitchen paid no attention to following them. The employees are very nice but the rest was a very poor experience
- Wonderful BrunchJohnDined on 8/10/2014My beautiful wife and I had brunch at MP Taverna in Roslyn on Sunday morning. Arrived @12 PM and it was virtually empty. My wife had a breakfasts wrap and I had the "Country Cast Iron Breakfast", which was out of this world (particularly that lamb sausage!). It came with a delicious salad of cucumbers, feta, tomato, and green beans. Price was reasonable and the service was superb. We'll be back!Special Features: