Shula's 347 Grill - Coral Gables
6915 Red Road
Coral Gables, FL 33143Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Shula's 347 Grill - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-347-grill-coral-gables
- Phone: 3056659661
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Mon: 11:30am 9:00pm
Tues-Thurs: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Fri: 11:30am 11:00pm
Sat: 12noon 11:00pm
Sun 12noon 9:00pm
Happy Hour: 4pm - 7PM Monday to Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Bret Hessler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Shulas 347 Grill - Coral Gables can cater any event. Call us at 305-665-9661 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We have an elegant private dining facility that can be for a large group of up to sixty (60) people or split in two to accommodate small intimate functions of up to thirty (30). The rooms are equipped with 55" flat panel screens (audio-visual ready) and a separate sound system.
- Private Party Contact: Yahni Colon 3056659661
- Special Events: Shula's 347 Grill - Coral Gables has two fantastic private dining rooms which can be joined for seating of up to 60 or separated for 30 each. The restaurant can also accomodate for events of up to 150 people. We also have a wonderful lounge area which can accomodate up to 50 and a semi-private dining room called Coach's Corner which can accomodate up to 15. Please visit our website to download our map of private dining or call us at 305-665-9661.
A word from Shula's 347 Grill - Coral Gables
Shula’s 347 is named in honor of Hall of Fame Coach, Don Shula. The winningest Coach in NFL history, with 347 career victories! Shula's 347 follows a long line of successful restaurants, all founded on the same famous tradition of Shula's Steak Houses. Shula's 347 has everything from gourmet salads to fresh specialty fish and exclusively serves Premium Black Angus Beef® burgers and the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT ® steaks. The atmosphere is casual and full of energy, which includes a high impact bar, dark woods and a stunning video system. High-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, pigskin walls, granite topped tables and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market. The bar becomes a socializing hot spot with wine and martinis for business types, groups or individuals looking for a warm atmosphere or a place to be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Shula's 347 Grill - Coral Gables - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Shula's 347 Grill - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (16)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (11)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Food was good, but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2011Food was good, but not great. Definitely a cross between the Shula's Steak House and Shula's Main Street in Miami Lakes.Special Features:
- Bring your own lamp becauseMikeVIPDined on 1/14/2011Bring your own lamp because it is insanely dark in there. The food was very good, particularly the crab cakes, but don't expect to know if your steak was properly cooked because you can't see a thing in there. I will go back, but probably only for lunch when I assume light will come through the large windows.
- The Steak was ok, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/8/2011The Steak was ok, nothing I ate was screaming crave me and come back. It was a a nice experience. The service was good. We had to wait a very long time even with reservations.
- Food was adaquate for whateaterouterVIPDined on 1/5/2011Food was adaquate for what it is. Steaks are far better in a "real steak house" (Mortons), but are more expensive. Ordered anchovies(twice) with the salad and never got them, till I finished the salad. Everybody was friendly and pleasant and food was average.
- The place is too dark. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/2/2011The place is too dark. The ilumination of the tbles is extremely bad. We can't even see our food at 6 PM in the fternoon.
- We got there early, 7:30 andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010We got there early, 7:30 and were first seated in a dark corner where there was one other family, we asked to move to the area where all the other diners were. When the food came out no one had cleared out salad plates so we and the waiter moved them. Your bread was real good and so was the food. We'll be back
- There was an over enthusiasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2010There was an over enthusiastic group next to us. Very Noisy. Screaming.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2010We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Shula 347.Special Features:
- Food was excellent ! OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2010Food was excellent ! Outstanding service even for a large group like ours.Special Features:
- Loved the decor - very nicelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2010Loved the decor - very nicely appointed! While it was a very nice experience, I thought their dinner entrees were a bit pricey. Salads and burgers were more reasonable.
- Way too noisy and overpricedBeverlyVIPDined on 12/16/2010Way too noisy and overpriced for bar food. The beef was good, but most sides were poor.
- It was our first time at Shula'sWillDined on 12/11/2010It was our first time at Shula's 347 Grill and it was amazing. The only thing odd was the seating. They sat us in an area with metal seats and table. A bit unconfortable. Otherwise great time.Special Features:
- Too pricey for what's offeredOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/11/2010Too pricey for what's offered especially the liquor and its location. If I wanted to pay $34.00 for steak and $13.00 for a glass of scotch I would go to a lot of other steak restaurants.
- Ordered the Barbecue ShrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/11/2010Ordered the Barbecue Shrimp and it came Luke Warm. Looked Like the shrimp had been frozen and BB sauce sprayed on. The 8 oz steak which I ordered medium , came overbooked and Was smaller. The Asparagus which I was charged Extra were thin and not anything to brag about. We Were not brought any bread or offered. Drinks were very weak. However the Wine list was good and the place looks great.
- The steak was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2010The steak was delicious and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Unfortunatley from the momentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2010Unfortunatley from the moment we stepped in our experience was less than ideal. The hostess did not look up to greet us when we walked in, instead continued speaking to one of the waitresses. Her greeting was business like, not warm or friendly. We were told our table was not ready (we had a 7:00 pm reservation) and we could wait in the bar. We had three teenagers with us and the "bar" was not appropriate. We did not get our table until 7:30. Once seated, our waiter was pleasant enough. We ordered, all food came out, except for the birthday boy. He waited an additional 10 minutes for his food. The food was mediocre at best. The best meal was the flat iron steak. It was very expensive and I will not go back, nor will I recommend!
- steaks are excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2010steaks are excellent, service is good and menu is well priced.Special Features:
- I would have liked Shula'sSuzanneDDined on 11/28/2010I would have liked Shula's to have opened their regular steakhouse, but the 347 Grill is better than nothing. You can still get the same good steaks, loaded baked potatoes and wedge salads, on a smaller scale.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/27/2010The food was very good. The filet mignon was very tender and tasty. Great atmosphere but the service was not great. Food took a while to come out and the mojito was not very good.Special Features:
- The food was good, very variedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/27/2010The food was good, very varied menu and the place was very lively. But our waiter was a bit overwhelming and didn't understand personal space. But I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great feeling inside. FeelsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2010Great feeling inside. Feels alive. Food very good and service was fine.Special Features:
- I have been to other ShulaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2010I have been to other Shula restaurant and by far this one is the best. Great food and fast service.Special Features:
- Food, service and drinks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2010Food, service and drinks were pretty good. The salmon was very good. However the fee of $10.00 for a standard gin and tonic is too much. For a double they also double the price to $20.00.
- Friday night dinner was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/19/2010Friday night dinner was extremely noisy. Good only for people who like to yell their conversations. The loud piped-in music encouraged a high noise level. The staff was obviously inexperienced and could only operate from memorized scripts. No bread is served unless requested, then it arrived after we had finished our salads. The baked potato was subpar. The veef dishes were good, although the strip steak is very lean and has little flavor. Might be OK for a burger and a beer at lunchtime.
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2010The service was excellent. The place was very pretty. The menu was priced well with some items like a cheeseburger priced at $11 all the way to a filet for $32. We ordered two speciality cheeseburgers which were very good but not excellent. They were smaller then expected. We will come back many times.Special Features:
- The food was very mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2010The food was very mediocre at best. The sevice was sloppy......lacked attention to detail. We will not return for at least two years. If they're still in business (which I doubt), we'll return.Special Features:
- Even for a new restaurant,DannyVIPDined on 10/29/2010Even for a new restaurant, they have a lot of kinks to still work out. The Coral Gables/South Miami crowd will begin to notice soon, and stop going, if they don't clean up their act soon. Will I be back? Yes, because the food was good. However, their service and general management will need to be better, or it is not worth returning. I won't be going until mid-December, at the earliest.....
- good food and great for Southgjp714VIPDined on 10/29/2010good food and great for South Miami area much needed , food was very good , and service was very good , only complaint would be had 915PM reservation and arrived at that time ,first hostess couldnt find it in system and then after finding it said table would be 15-20 minutes even though we had the reservation, hostesses seemed unqualified and a bit unprofesionalSpecial Features: