The Inn at Brookeville Farms
19501 Georgia Avenue
Olney, MD 20833Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Inn at Brookeville Farms
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theinnatbrookevillefarms.com/
- Phone: 3017748382x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm. Winter hours may vary. Call for hours.
If you require first level seating, please contact us directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Hajewski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From intimate private parties to large events, our Inn is ready for any special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Darcy Long 3017748382x
- Special Events: Early Dinner Specials: Tues. - Fri. 4:30pm-5:30pm
Thursdays - "Steak & Cabernet Night"
Tuesday- 1/2 priced wine
A word from The Inn at Brookeville Farms
The Inn at Brookeville Farms is an excellent choice for an enchanting night out, a special occasion, or just a fun evening out with family and friends. The restaurant menu features classic American cuisine with a variety of choices including the finest beef, fresh seafood, and succulent lamb along with local and regional specialties. A wine list encompasses choices from the great vineyards in France to the best wines from California as well as selections from Australia to South Africa. Come join us for brunch, lunch or dinner. Let us provide you with a special dining experience you will not forget. We are a charming country inn waiting to serve you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Inn at Brookeville Farms - Best Restaurants in Olney ›
The Inn at Brookeville Farms reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (17)romantic (15)scenic view (12)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Avoid on set menu special eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went for Valentine's Day and enjoyed the ambiance but the food/set menu was overpriced for the quality food served. My wife and I will give it another try on a normal night when we can order off the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a small group, 5 women,timonDined on 1/14/2014We had a small group, 5 women, for our evening at the Brookeville Inn. They put us in a small alcove by ourselves which was perfect. The food was amazing and the service was very good. Our server, I believe his name was John, was very attentive but not overbearing. It seemed a shame that there weren't more people there, only a few other couples, but in all fairness it was a Tuesday evening. I would highly recommend it, everything we had was delicious from the appetizers to the desserts.Special Features:
- Pretty, but loudDaphneDined on 1/4/2014We have been to The Inn at Brookville Farms many times for both brunch on Sunday and dinner, usually a special occasion. This time was to celebrate the new year. Unfortunately, there was a wedding celebration going on and the band was loud (and bad) as well as the guests. It was too bright in the dining room we were in. I felt like I was in Grand Central Station. The food was good but I couldn't wait to leave for some peace and quiet. Next time, if there is a wedding or other major celebration we will go someplace else. Too bad, we used to like the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food- Spotty ServiceBeachEatsVIPDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I have been to the Inn many times and have always had wonderful meals. This time, we had 4 friends dine with us. All 6 meals were outstanding...several had sea bass, others had crab cakes, scallops, and pork ragu style. We had our own small private room. It was a wonderful intimate setting. Our hostess did a nice job seating us and taking coats. Water and coffee refills were prompt. However, our lead waiter's service was spotty. Often, we were left unattended for large blocks of time. We had ordered one dessert in advance (in was someone's birthday) but our plan was to order 2 other desserts to share. However, it took so long for the waiter to return that we'd lost interest in the other desserts. That said, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Thanksgiving mealMVDinerDined on 11/28/2013I was extremely disappointed in this year's Thanksgiving dinner. The food was barely adequate; the turkey cutlet had little flavor and looked unappetizing (consistent with the stuffing and potatoes, which had the "scooped" appearance I remember from my elementary school cafetria), The service was poor. Although the menu featured a "table welcoming" item, our soup appeared immediately and I had to inquire about the welcoming. The waitress said she'd told the busboy to bring it. Another table didn't get bread until after they finished their entrees. My guest requested her wine twice, and nobody asked if we wanted coffee. I may eventually give the Inn at Brookeville Farms another chance but will never return there for a holiday.
- They nailed it. As we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013They nailed it. As we were leaving the restaurant, I walked up to people going in and recommended the lemon and pistachio cheesecake. I'll probably never have it again, but that one glorious time . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgivingout4tgivingDined on 11/28/2013The cheese and sausage plate was a little unappealing and the rolls were not very good. However, the entree was excellent - quite possibly the best turkey breast I have ever had. The gravy was also excellent, quite light. I had the arugula salad which was delightful as was the spice cake. The service seemed a little inexperienced but they were so willing and cheerful that it was easy to give them the benefit of the doubt. I expect they put on extra help for the holiday. With just a little fine tuning they could easily improve the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Enjoyable Location1excitingplaceDined on 11/28/2013My close friend and I had a wonderful time at the Inn. The special menu for the day was so on target that we enjoyed the ambience as atmospheric and hospitable. We are definitely considering to make a future reservation for the Christmas holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family lunchsilverspringerVIPDined on 11/27/2013We had a late family lunch the day before Thanksgiving here and the restaurant was very quiet. However the food was very good and the personalized service was outstanding. We had our own room; the outdoors and location were very nice but we didnt explore. This is our second visit and I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- An Elegant experienceTrudyVIPDined on 11/22/2013What a magnificent restaurant all around. The Inn itself is stunning. The food was superb as well as the service. They honored our reservation time on a busy Saturday night and the atmosphere for our party of four was intimate., not noisy or crowded. The food was prepared and served with care. The dinner was plated elegantly and served at a leisurely pace. We were made to feel special although it was our first visit. We all look forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has Its Own CharmKim080808VIPDined on 11/16/2013The town of Brookeville is so great and this place is a staple in the community. This was our first visit (we have thought about going for years). Here are some issues: they show pics of their food on the website. They tout that they were voted MoCo's "Best Banqueting Facility." The eschew a beautiful front entrance for double glass doors on the side. They do a good wedding business and it can get a bit noisy. However, there is a certain charm and a man across from us told his waiter that his filet Mignon was the best he has had in years. I think we will go back and try some more items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Inn at Brookeville FarmsRhonaDined on 11/9/2013We really enjoyed dinner in this elegant mansion. The beautifully furnished small dining room enabled us to converse comfortably while enjoying our tasty martinis. The food was very special, starting with savory biscuits, puree of pumpkin/squash soup and an abundant salad. I had my eye on the scallop appetizer in lobster champagne sauce and was pleased that they could serve this as an entrée by increasing the number of scallops and adding steamed spinach and pureed cauliflower. My friend enjoyed her tasty crab cakes served on sautéed red cabbage. For dessert we shared the chocolate bombe with homemade orange ice cream and fresh fruits. A fabulous dining experience! No need to wait for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation made for 5 aheadMarylandDined on 11/9/2013Reservation made for 5 ahead of time. Showed to a table set for 6. Didn't they know how many were coming??? Lighting very poor. One of the party didn't drink wine. No one took an alternative order. Lamb very tough; creame brulee "old". When time came to leave and one of the party asked to take home what was not consumed, a plastic take home container and paper bag was delivered to the table so she could do the scraping of the food!!??? I would excpect more professionalism, especially at the prices charged.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodQuietNightOutDined on 11/8/2013We went on a Friday night and the place was pretty dead. This was nice because we had a whole room to ourselves. I had the Crab Spring Roll and my wife had the Corn Soup for an appetizer. Both were delicious and a great start to our meal. For an entree we both had the Fillet. The chef cooked it to perfection. We planned for 2.5 hours for dinner. But since it was pretty dead, we were in and out within an hour. My wife and I didn't know what else to do in the area so we returned home early to the babysitter's surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Inn @ Brookville FarmsewjwlDined on 11/6/2013This was our second Thanksgiving at the Inn. We remember the first visit as wonderful - great food, great ambiance, excellent service - a great experience. We were disappointed when we had Thanksgiving 2013 at the Inn. The food, while good, was not great and was served only warm - no hot. Even dessert was a bit of a disappointment. We did receive excellent service and were seated in a nice upstairs room. The noise level was good even for older folks with hearing problems. However, we have been to the Inn on many occasions. I've even had business meetings in the private rooms, and this was the only time we would not rate the experience as excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off night?FoodGuruVIPDined on 11/6/2013The fish tonight seemed to have been previously frozen and the bread was not fully cooked. So it wasn't up to it's normal standards. Perhaps just an off night.
- Nice Setting, but...AccidentalVegetarianDined on 11/1/2013Beautiful in a restored farmhouse that's now an Inn & restaurant. Staff is pleasant & well meaning, but do not seem trained in service. My husband & I are approaching our 60s, yet the food runners insisted on calling us guys. "Hey, guys how's your wine?" One of the food runners threw the soup in front of my husband and left, even though I was the one that had ordered that appetizer. The waiter was far more polished, but we saw less of him than of the runners and bus staff, so the untrained staff left the biggest impression. Our food was cooked from excellent ingredients, but the crabcakes were deep fried (unexpected) and unspiced (disappointing). The tenderloin was quite good, but the dish was quite basic.Special Features:
- So Few Like This Around Anymore!TaffDined on 9/22/2013Decided to enjoy Sunday - a " Breakfast Brunch" - lovely setting, both inside & out. Server attentive, without being overbearing. Home made , warm mini croissant a nice touch, soon after seated. Delicious. My husband VERY pleased with his order - I'm afraid mine was over done & I should have said something at the time. Have been here once before - all was most satisfactory. Like eating in a beautiful old home, landscaping nicely done - and very calming, that time on a Sunday morning! A wedding was to take place - quiote a few held here, and we were impressed with all the work they put into each event - to make that couple feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great!! Very impressed.LynnastDined on 9/21/2013Dinner was great!! Very impressed. I have lived here for about 20 years but have never been until this weekend. I will definetely be going back. We had a room to ourselves-a party of 8. Our waiter was very attentive and had great suggestions for us. It was really a very good experience!Special Features:
- Major disappointment. WhoLLV2VIPDined on 9/20/2013Major disappointment. Who puts blue cheese on an organic green salad without noting it clearly on the menu? We ordered a $90 bottle of wine that didn't get opened to breathe until after we'd finished cocktails. Wine glasses were pedestrian. Frankly so was the wine list except the 2009 Paraduxx that we ordered. When the server opened the wine, he put the cork on my bread plate! Crab spring roll tasted like carnival food. The only decent dish was my husband's small plate of tenderloin. House has virtually no insulation in the interior walls or anything to absorb food so you can hear the dinner conversation of the table across the room from you. Will not return.
- lunch on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/18/2013We had a nice lunch on the patio on a beautiful day..Special Features:
- Lovely BunchFoodGuruVIPDined on 9/15/2013Romantic setting, comfortable and relaxing - great service and lovely dish selections...make for a fine dining experience!Special Features:
- surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2013I had chosen this spot to meet a friend for her birthday dinner because it was convenient. My husband and I had been there a few times several years ago and had been underimpressed, but geography ruled. IT WAS FABULOUS! Our food was delicious, and very hot when approriate. It was gourmet, but not way out there. The service was fabulous. Jonathan was attentive, but not hovering. His suggestions were just right . We had a small room to ourselves and since we were having such a great time, that was just as well! My husband and I will definitely try it out again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restuarantFoodGuruVIPDined on 9/10/2013Tucked away in a Maryland suburb is a historic house turned restaurant. It has been a staple in Olney, Maryland for a good number of years now. It is what you expect in a historic house, lots of charm and warm temperatures in the summer; cool in the winters. The food is worth the trip. Fresh salads and seafood, excellent beef dishes. The guest is greeted warmly, and the meal begins with homemade biscuits. I'm a coffee drinker and enjoy the fact that they make a fresh brew just for me when I arrive. The Inn is a welcome change to the typical Brass and Glass and fast-food restaurants popping up all around. Maryland needs more Chef-owned restaurants! But at least in Olney, Maryland they have one!Special Features:
- Dining out for a special occasion iJimmDined on 9/1/2013Good online reservations, and menus. It. Was the middle of a three day holiday and few were there at our time(4). We live in Bethesda and on this holiday the commute was easy, which makes the experience better. Despite the few attendees our server was not particularly attentive, long waits for food and check. Otherwise enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food left a lot to belunchladiesDined on 8/29/2013The food left a lot to be desired. My friend couldn't even eat the chicken which topped her salad. She was too polite to send it back but she said it was way overdone and she couldn't eat it and pushed it to the side. I imagine they couldn't help but notice when the waiter cleared the table that it wasn't even touched!! I hope so at least!! We went for lunch but the Inn seems much better suited for something like a wedding, it is a lovely place, but a bit too pretentious!!
- relaxing evening for twoFoodGuruVIPDined on 8/8/2013Dinner is always a pleasant experience - good service and the mussels are always fresh and interestingly prepared.Special Features:
- Should be closed for weddings!!GuillaumeVIPDined on 8/3/2013Went with my wife for a relaxing evening, loud wedding party was awaiting us Foods was great ,oyster where served in a weird plate ice watter mixe with Vinegar mignonette Will try again but hope if a weeding the room for not weeding people will have some music to BalancedI would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationcantgetenoughDined on 8/2/2013We had a group of nine family members celebrating a birthday and appreciated being seated in a separate area that allowed us some privacy. Our waiter was knowledgeable and personable. At first, the teenagers in our group were a little concerned about finding something they would like on the menu but the hamburger under "small plates" was fantastic--and anything but small. Several people in our group got the crab spring rolls and thought they were excellent. The rest of our meals were also delicious. Brookeville Inn turned out to be a great choice for our family celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inn at Brookeville FarmsTravelinggourmetDined on 8/2/2013Quaint, friendly neighborhood restaurant in an old farmhouse - think farm to table meets urban bistro Note: for a suburban neighborhood haunt, tough to beat - not a NYC hot spot, but not trying to be either - refreshing! Best dishes of the evening - Appetizer: Maine Diver Scallops - grilled to perfection with a light dijonaise sauce on the side Entree: Maryland Crab Cakes - pan sautéed with just enough binder to hold them together - fabulous Dessert: Champagne Sorbet with Fresh Fruit - feather light and pallete cleansingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but SLOW for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013I would definitely go here more because the food is good, but the service is consistently irresponsibly slow. Just one example: I was there with a group of 15 recently. We had made reservations, and the organizer spoke to the manager a couple of weeks prior to the event specifically about making sure they had enough staff to accommodate us properly. She was assured they would make that a priority. It took us about an hour to get our food. It was another hour waiting before our checks came. We just had entrees -- no appetizers, no alcoholic drinks, and no dessert. Once I made a point of asking for the check very early in a meal because we were in a hurry: it came 20 minutes later. Unacceptable.Special Features:
- We went the Brookeville FarmsSG2014VIPDined on 6/29/2013We went the Brookeville Farms for the first time Sunday. It was quiet and not very busy, except for a wedding reception outside. We were seated in a small quaint room that was very charming. We waited for over 15 minutes for service and I had to go ask a passing bus boy to find us a waiter and to get some water. Ten minutes later the waiter appears and then disappears. He was polite and finally took our order. That was virtually the last time we saw him until the check came. The bus boy was the real waiter and he was rarely seen to refill water or to get coffee. When the check came the pen had no ink and I had to go and find the bus boy again so I could sign the charge. I will say the food was very good. Well prepared and very tasty.Special Features:
- early Sunday dinnerLauraBDined on 6/16/2013Took my in-laws for Father's day dinner, not knowing that my MIL has been before with a group. 5pm reservation, so there were not many people there yet. Food was excellent, although I had to send my lamb back because it was over-cooked, but the replacement was fine. Absolutely loved the crab spring roll! One issue with sitting outside on the patio is that it is near some of the A/C compressors, so there was constant hum in the background - but not enough to affect conversation. Also, the patio is much more casual than the inside dining - iron tables & chairs, no table cloths. The wait-staff was attentive & knowledgeable about the menu. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a special night outAj7841VIPDined on 6/9/2013The food was great for a special night out! Staff is some time thin but the food is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewdoctor1VIPDined on 6/7/2013Services were quite good. Appetizers were outstanding but out meat dishes were overdone and side dish was not recognizable. It looked like they mixed onions, mushrooms and what ever else was left over. The taste was quite unpleasant. We did have a late reservation and were unavoidably delayed and they were gracious about the late seating. We might try again earlier in the evening should the opportunity arise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2013This was my second visit to Brookeville Farms. I went with a friend for brunch/lunch. I was concerned that our service might not be great as there was a wedding that day, and though the kitchen seemed a little slow, the service overall was excellent. Food was fresh and very well prepared. Portion sizes were generous without being overwhelming. The only thing I would caution diners about is the ambiance: don't expect a trendy place. It's a comfortable space, but chic it isn't. It is a great place to meet a friend for a chat over an unhurried meal.Special Features:
- Quality Food in a Country SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013At a time where quality restaurants are being replaced by national fast food chains, it is wonderful to find a place that has it all--a beautiful setting, great food, attentive service, and quiet (no loud kids screaming). As a plus this restaurants is affordable and not difficult to get a reservation. We loved the option of small plates so there is room for their fabulous desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2013I moved out of the area years ago, so I was at a loss when I had to find a handicap accessible restaurant for my father's birthday. The great service started when I called ahead to confirm logistics and continued through to the end of the meal. Our waitress made sure we were seated in a good spot with plenty of room for Dad's wheelchair. Our orders were taken promptly and served well. Towards the end of the meal, I asked for a little special birthday dessert w/ candle which was nicely accommodated and well-timed. The food was excellent. I was expecting an overpriced ok meal; we got three really terrific lunches. We had the ribeye sandwich, crabcake sandwich and the chicken wrap. All were well cooked and freshly made. Will go back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SurpriseBFO3Dined on 5/21/2013We went to the Inn at Brookeville because a favorite location was not open that evening. What a pleasant surprise. The menu was varied and the dishes we had were superb. My wife had the beef tenderloin and a salad, and I had the sea bass. We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and found ourselves in a private little area. We were able to talk without difficulty and enjoy each other's company. The Inn at Brookeville is on our list of places to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and EnjoyableDwayneVIPDined on 5/18/2013The Inn at Brookeville Farms is not likely to win any major awards for food or service. However, they always deliver a delightful meal and service that is well worth the price. I have been to the restaurant about a dozen time over the last eight or nine years, I think that every time that I dined there, there was someone celebrating a birthday, or getting married (they host a very nice wedding reception), etc. This is the kind of place where you can wear either jeans or a suit, and still be dressed appropriate. In summary, for a very reasonable price, you can have a nice dining experience -- time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.