Petit Robert Central
101 Arch Street
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Robert Central
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://petitrobertcentral.com/
- Phone: 6177371777
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am -10pm
Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Jacky Robert/Chef de cuisine: Eric Bogardus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of catering options. For a full listing of catering options and to view our Special Events Guide, please contact Danielle Tannous at Danielle@PetitRobertCentral.com or call 617.737.1777 (press 2 for the events line)
- Entertainment: Going to the theatre or ballet? Stop by before or after and dine with us, we'd love to have you!
- Special Events: We can accommodate your needs for 20-1,000 guests for any occasion by offering a variety of event packaging options & over 10,000 square feet in multiple private dining rooms. Our bar & lounge area features large HDTVs, comfortable seating & a relaxed atmosphere for up to 150 guests. Our dining room overlooks Boston’s Downtown Crossing & showcases high ceilings & a fresh color palette making for an incredibly welcoming environment for up to 255 guests. A conference room has been specially designed with the business lunch in mind featuring complimentary wireless internet, presentation screen & a variety of catering options for up to 30 guests.
For more information & photographs of our space, please visit www.petitrobertcentral.com/functions or contact Danielle Tannous at Danielle@PetitRobertCentral.com or 617.737.1777
- Cross Street: 34 Summer Street
- Public Transit: We are located directly above the Downtown Crossing subway stop, which is on both the red and orange lines.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are located in the 101 Arch Street Building in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, accessible via 34 Summer Street. Discounted parking is available at The Hyatt Regency Boston Parking Garage located at One Avenue de Lafayette. With our validation stamp, parking is $10 all night after 4 p.m.
A word from Petit Robert Central
Petit Robert Central is a neighborhood bistro where style and comfort co-exist. Located in the heart of Downtown Crossing, Petit Robert Central features classic French bistro by award-winning Chef Jacky Robert and interior design by HGTV’s Taniya Nayak. Petit Robert Central is the perfect place for a business lunch, corporate event, date night out or after-work cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Petit Robert Central reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (32)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (15)special occasion (15)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lively lunch crowdKBatlargeVIPDined on 12/23/2013We had five for lunch here, and our selections ranged from a simple burger to steak frites to lobster mac and cheese. All were judged tasty and satisfying. Service was relaxed but efficient. The prices were reasonable for the good quality of the food and the downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timeDarrinDined on 12/21/2013This was our second time having dinner at this restaurant. The first time the service was great and the food as well. This time around the service wasn't bad, but the food left a lot to be desired. I chose the duck cofin and for me it was way over cooked. The vegetables that were served with it (potatoes) were under cooked. My wife had the pork chop and it was dry. After the first time we had dinner here and a great dinner it was a good choice to try again. Now I doubt we'll go back.Special Features:
- Great location at DowntownFriendofLegalsDined on 12/18/2013Great location at Downtown Crossing, but food not that great and kind of noisy.Special Features:
- LunchHugerDined on 12/17/2013Went for a business lunch...good food and excellent service. Will go back for other meetings and to have a drink after work with no hesitation.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/17/2013My friend and I came here for lunch during the workweek. We ordered salad Nicoise (with processed tuna) and smoked salmon croissant. The tuna was simply dumped on the lettuce out of a can, the dressing was not great, overall presentation was poor. The croissant which went with the smoked salmon was stale. I would not recommend it.
- Good experiencelove2eatVIPDined on 12/13/2013We have been to the Petit Robert in Needham so we expected the food, service and ambience to be as good. It certainly lived up to our expectations. I especiallty like the casual yet classy setting and it's definitely a place to go for the lunch.Special Features:
- Girls' Lunch OutBlancheDined on 12/12/2013Great food, good wine, service attentive, friendly staff...Highly recommend this restaurant..We went there for lunch, a yearly get-together, and stayed catching up at our table until the dinner crowd came. The staff seemed happy to have us stay that long, checking in with us to see if we needed anything additional..Special Features:
- A Good Dinner with FriendsPCDBostonDined on 12/11/2013We were looking for a place with good, moderately-priced food and Petit Robert Central fit the bill. The food was what we expected, the service was good, and the ambience was pleasant. The location, in Boston's downtown, is a plus for diners looking to go some place nearby after work. My only complaint was that we were seated next to a drafty window on a cold evening. So the restaurant became uncomfortably cold over time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining before a showBostonNellyVIPDined on 12/10/2013Made a reservation before our show on Tuesday night. I've never been here, but the atmosphere was beautiful, food was delicious and the perfect size (not too large to have a to-go box, but enough that I would be fine during the show). Service was outstanding. I think the best was, for the ambiance, service and excellent food options, the prices were very reasonable, I was delightfully surprised about that!Special Features:
- This is the first time we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/7/2013This is the first time we've been disappointed at this restaurant, which we've enjoyed several times in the past. The location is ideal for the nearby theatres, and it remains a very pleasant place to eat, but the food was not up to their previous standards. We hope it was just an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a perfect night!MealsrusDined on 12/7/2013Three of us go to the Boston Ballet's The Nutcracker each year and for the last four we ate at the conveniently located, and excellent, Petit Robert Central.We always have a good experience, but this one last Saturday night was out of the park! Our server Yarick was the reason. Charming, professional—he made us feel so special—and his suggestions on wine, and everything in fact, made for a memorable meal. Be sure to ask for his table, one of the ones by the window. We gazed down at Macy's Christmas windows and then danced our way down Washington Street to the ballet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petit Robert - Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/5/2013Came here on a Thursday night for dinner. Although the bar was crowded and there were several holiday parties, the dining room was quiet enough for us to hear each other. I had the onion soup and I was slightly disappointed - the broth was bland and it wasn't particularly flavorful. The tuna tartar was very good and I would recommend it to anyone. Great service - very friendly staff who were attentive and paid attention to us without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but average.love2eatVIPDined on 12/4/2013The food was good, but average. The ambiance is nice except for the fact that they were playing club dance music at 6pm which didn't exactly create a relaxing dining atmosphere.
- Good foodBostonBDined on 12/3/2013We use this spot all the time for work lunches. It's good for groups and has a variety of items to meet most people's tastes. It's nice enough to be a good 'professional' lunch, but not too fancy or expensive.Special Features:
- There are better optionsBostonDined on 11/30/2013Good - friendly waitstaff. We requested a booth seat when we made the reservation and they had a booth waiting for us when we arrived. We enjoyed the setting and location. Average - most of the meal was very average. I would have put value up in the "good" section as most dishes were fairly priced but there are plenty of other restaurants that offer much better food for the same price. I really want to like Petit Robert Central, but the food really needs to be better. I hope that they do take time to improve the quality and delivery of their product, otherwise they will end up like their predecessors at the same location.
- Wonderful!GPattyDined on 11/23/2013Wonderful meal before a show at the Wilbur. Beautiful ambiance, and the price for what we had compared to the quality was incredible! We had the cheese plate, appetizers, salads, entress, dessert and tea and the whole bill was just under $100. I'm sure it would have been more if we had wine but my BF had a beer and I had a mocktail. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French BistroCurtVIPDined on 11/22/2013Petit Robert offers real French cuisine at an affordable price. The staff are friendly and efficient, the manager is kind and responsive, and the setting is beautiful--right in the heart of downtown shopping and always ready for the business lunch.Special Features:
- Great brunch option downtownLoveDeuxaveVIPDined on 11/21/2013Petit Robert Central is a French bistro that is consistently good and it is the best option for a lunch or brunch in downtown Boston, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2013It is nice to go for a business lunch and enjoy an interesting menu like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting Boston for two daysCityFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2013Visiting Boston for two days so turned to opentable for dining possibilities. Hoped for extraordinary, unfortunately found it to be more ordinary. Bar was busy, noise level was energetic. Corner table afforded a little shelter for conversation, seafood was okay not stellar.
- QuicheNangeDined on 11/11/2013I ordered the quiche and it was very disappointing. Dry and the crust was like a rock. Also it was served with French fries which to be is a bad combination.
- UnimpressedPetitRobertMehDined on 11/9/2013The hostess said we didn't have a reservation and made a stink about us not having a reservation. We had to show her our email confirmation, then another woman came over, and pointed to our name right on the screen. She didn't even apologize, she just said, "Oh." It was a bad start to the evening, but then it took forever for water to be served, and for a waiter to come over with a drink menu. The waiter was nice, and everything proceeded smoothly after we finally received service. Food was so-so. Nothing notable. Portion sizes are large. Food is oily, bland, unimpressive. I won't be going back.
- Traditional bistroCambridgedinerVIPDined on 11/6/2013Convenient to downtown Boston. We went before seeing a play at Paramount Theatre. This is a bistro, not high gourmet. Food is consistently good. Mussels appetizer had fewer mussels than some dishes provide, but cream sauce was a special (and rich) treat. Pork Paillard was excellent. Desserts just OK. Waiter was very attentive. Welcomed us back, stating we hadn't been for a while (good computer tracking; took the trouble to check). Put in extra effort to pack our leftovers in plastic when we said we were going to take them to theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and good foodKennardDined on 10/31/2013Food isn't extremely fancy but it is good and the service is great. Bartender is experienced and has excellent wine suggestions. Full course for two with drinks and tip = 110 $Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater spot recommendediolitezDined on 10/25/2013Waiter was attentive to our time needs and everything was competently prepared. Great spot pre theater! Close and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BistroBistroDined on 10/24/2013Bad waiter. Good food, quite noisy but nit obnoxious, not sure I would go back bSpecial Features:
- Amazing service!SupperClubDined on 10/19/2013When I ordered something (liver) just to try it, and found I didn't like it (Hey! Taste buds change as we get older!) the staff was super cool about it. It was not a comment on the chef (the rest of my meal was amazing) and had no problem paying for it, but the manager insisted that I accept dessert on the house. Like I said, the food was fantastic! The service made the experience even better!Special Features:
- A satisfying dinner at Petit RobertjoewDined on 10/18/2013Service was very attentive. The oysters came with a variety of accompaniments. Coquille St. Jacques had a rich, delicately flavored, cheese sauce. I'm looking forward to the next time I can dine at Petit Robert Central. There are always menu items which are not available everywhere else, making the restaurant well worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch SpotDowntownDinerDined on 10/18/2013Nice place if you work or are shopping in the downtown area. Lunch can be very noisy, but we had a great waiter. The food is usually very good, but I sent back my lunch because the fish was a bit past its date, and was surprised that they didn't come discuss that with me. Would have increased stars if wait staff or management had responded to me about that issue. That being said, other times I've been there it was very nice. I would stay with basic lunch orders and not get too adventurous. It's also nice to go there for a glass of wine after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch meetingsChuckCDined on 10/11/2013This was a very good lunch with great service. staff was friendly and accomidating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday at Petit RobertMickieDined on 10/4/2013Enjoyed a tasty lunch with a friend on a Friday afternoon. The food was delicious and the service good. It was crowded so the noise level was a bit robust to start, but it calmed down.mSpecial Features:
- Trying too hardJohnDined on 9/28/2013I have been to south end and Fenway petits and found the food to be very good. This experience seemed different. The rocket salad was delicious but all four entrees fell short. My scallops were slightly undercooked but t the real problem was the many flavors surrounding the scallops. From mango to fava bean to asparagus. The chef is trying way too hard. The salmon was similar as well as chicken. The pork roulade was good but slightly dry. Just my thoughts
- Server missing in actionlunchoutDined on 9/25/2013Food was good, we both got salads for lunch, which we enjoyed. Big issue was our waitress was no where to be found most of meal -we had to flag down the house staff to place our order after 15 minutes of waiting with no one checking on us and again to get the check.
- Reasonable prices for upscale feelOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2013Love the limited menu- they don't offer many options but what they offer is excellent. Reasonable prices for upscale feel. Food took too long to arrive (but worth the wait). Noisier than I expected, especially for a lunch meeting. Delicious bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Theater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2013We went to a Matinee of Wicked and walked over to Petit Robert for dinner. We had a drink at the bar first and the bartender was very nice and friendly and made a mean martini!! We started our meal with the Pate platter and added cheese for a bit extra. It was simply delicious. It came with 3 different pates and 3 cheeses. I could have made it my meal. However, I'm glad I didn't because the beef bourguignon was so tender and tasty. My dinner companions had the lamb, liver and haddock all of whi were all delicious. Love the atmosphere and enjoyed it much more than their location in the South End.Special Features:
- Friendly mealMoonpuppy61Dined on 9/11/2013I went here to meet with a friend. The service was good, waiter friendly and efficient. The drink options were varied enough to make it difficult to choose just one, alas it was a work night. We ate light, the food was excellent. Afterwards we chatted and felt no pressure to 'hurry up and leave' which made the visit doubly delightful. One unusual but welcome discovery were seats at the table that had no line of sight to the televisions at the bar so we were able to eat our meal without distraction.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Petit RobertTravel2EatVIPDined on 9/7/2013Food is very good. We were there for an early dinner, weekend dinner, so it wasn't crowded. Doesn't have the atmosphere of the Kenmore Square location, but everything else was the same - food, service, menu were all very good. A little confusing to find the entrance on weekends. It's not at 101 Arch, but at 34 Summer!Special Features:
- I brought a client here whoRegulardinerVIPDined on 8/30/2013I brought a client here who had come in from New York. He liked the roast chicken very much. I had the scallops which were outstanding. The service was friendly but slow, and the staff who answered the phone had a tough time giving my client directions from South Station. (He ended up at the Westin and took a cab.) I like to go here before or after a performance at the Opera House, and when clients need to meet in downtown crossing. The pricing is very reasonable, particularly given the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finished with the Baked AlaskaDesertpleaseDined on 8/29/2013We had a wonderful server who knew his stuff, was ready with reccomendations, and was on his game. Every dish we has was done perfectly with the deserts balancing everything just right. It is worth the trip just for the Baked Alaska, and made even better by the great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only Available at 8:45?ArizonaGirlInOntarioVIPDined on 8/22/2013We were visiting Boston for 2 nights and wanted to try out Open Table there. The website had the earliest availability at 8:45. When we arrived at the restaurant there was a noisy group at the bar and just a few diners in the restaurant. Our server was friendly and came right over. Little did we know he was the only server in the restaurant. The service became incredibly slow. We ordered a tart as a starter and it was delicious with crumbled Gorgonzola. We had high hopes for our entrees. My dining partner ordered the duck confit and it was dry. I had the pork roulade and it was fair-nothing to get excited about. The reviews I read online were mostly for lunch. Maybe the service and food are better at lunchtime. I was disappointed.