Finn & Porter
ES Wahington DC
900 10th St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Finn & Porter
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2027191600x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 11:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 12:00PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Wakefield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Finn & Porter
Finn & Porter is located in the Embassy Suites DC convention center right on the outskirts of downtown and Chinatown. We offer an ever changing seasonal menu of contemporary American cuisine that uses only the freshest local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Finn & Porter reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- One steak had to be returnednfyoungDined on 4/26/2012One steak had to be returned as it was described as mushy. The caesar salad was overloaded with cheese and not appetizing - it was left uneaten. The crab cake appetizer was undercooked and not very creatively presented. Our waiter was pleasant and the staff did a nice job of setting a table for our large group.
- DO NOT EAT HERE - Terrible service!MikeVIPDined on 4/1/201220 minutes to get seated. Brought out menus and water. Everyone ordered their food. Then the waiter told us that it would take 60+ minutes to get our food, even though the restaurant was empty, because they also handle all the in room dining for the hotel. DO NOT GO HERE. Terrible service. Other patrons at nearby tables were also complaining loudly.
- My wife and I took my motherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012My wife and I took my mother to Finn & Porter for her birthday. My mom had the crab cake dinner, my wife had the salmon dinner, and I had the shrimp linguini dinner. We were all extremely pleased and shared and enjoyed our dishes. The hummas and bread were also outstanding.Special Features:
- The onion rings were limp,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/25/2012The onion rings were limp, the salmon (in the salad and as an entree) were devoid of flavor and taste. The drinks were pretty good. Adam, the server, was very good and attentive. The back of two large screen TVs are to the dining room and the volume was turned up high so that the noise overwhelmed the dining room.
- A successful Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Part of what makes any first date successful is location. As the day was also Valentine's Day finding the right atmosphere as well as meal choice was very important. To keep things very concise: The Lobster Mac & Cheese is to die for, even as an appetizer. The Salmon was cooked perfectly and the Chocolate Soufflet was the perfect dessert for the meal. The ambience was very fitting, with songs being played loud enough to hear but not overpowering, which added to our conversation. My date and I shut down the restaurant essentially before leaving to go home and the staff allowed the two of us to enjoy ourselves until we were ready to leave. I would definitely recommend Finn and Porter to anyone.Special Features:
- Finn and Porter was okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2012Finn and Porter was okay. Went for Valentines day to try something different. Food was ordinary, but had great drinks. Or server was great, however, I don't think I'll be back.Special Features:
- Very nice lobster mac andPaulincAshburnVIPDined on 2/11/2012Very nice lobster mac and cheese, and one of the best filet mignons I've had in years!Special Features:
- We were attending a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012We were attending a business conference in Washington DC and arrived a day early. Much to our surprise a lot of restaurants are closed on Sundays. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety of the menu.Special Features:
- A little disappointed initiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/19/2012A little disappointed initially to find this restaurant in a hotel, as I thought I was going to a local gem. Service and food were excellent though and worth the trip from my hotel to another hotelSpecial Features:
- Bad food and not great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2012The food was very poor at this resturant. I asked for a "medium" salmon and it came overcooked. The steak was also overcooked and dry. We ordered off the Resturant Week prefix menu, however after we ordered the prefix desert, we were told the resturant didn't have the chocolate souffle anymore. I would not recommned this resturant.
- The waiter was awesome! HeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2012The waiter was awesome! He was very helpful with very fast service.Special Features:
- We went to Finn and PorterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2012We went to Finn and Porter for DC Restaurant Week. The restaurant did not make an effort to make the restaurant week menu a good sampling of its best items, and the food was just mediocre with bland presentation. Our waiter, while nice, was not attentive and told us that getting the restaurant week menu would be a "disaster"; given that restaurant week was the only reason we were at Finn and Porter, this put a damper on the rest of the evening. Additionally, the restaurant ran out of one of the desserts and substituted the option on the menu with a downgrade of a dessert.
- This restaurant was awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2012This restaurant was awful. The food was cold. The restaurant is close to the bar and it is impossible to hear discussions, especially with a big game. The food was ok but not great. Not recommended unless there is no where else around.
- Finn&Porter is the awfulCrystalDined on 1/14/2012I went to Finn&Porter with a group for restaurant and it was my worst restaurant experience in the last 6 months. No one's food was hot when it came out. The food I cook in my own kitchen tastes way better than what I ate at this supposedly nice restaurant. At the end when the check came, they ran one of my friend's credit cards multiple times claiming it was rejected so I paid for all of our meals. When she contacted her bank they said the card was ran 4 times and it was apporved the first time. The waiter finally came with the approved tocket crumbled up like it was in the trash. They did not refund her so we were both charged and no one apologized to her for the embarrassment. Darrell J the waiter was very rude. DO NOT EAT HERE! BEWARE!
- If someone were in that neighborhooOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2012If someone were in that neighborhood, I would suggest it....but to give it a high recommendation, I would not. The food was average, but the service was good.Special Features:
- Advertised as stand aloneRMJDCDined on 1/11/2012Advertised as stand alone restaurant but attached to Embassy Suites and as it turns out is nothing more than hotel restaurant serving 'average' food. Had dinner reservations, however since restaurant serves as hotel bar and serves bkfst and lunch as well, did not feel like dinner restaurant. Reviewed on line menu prior to dining and choice of wines should have tipped me off - my error in not piecing this together.
- The food is fine but not exceptionaPTJPTJVIPDined on 12/29/2011The food is fine but not exceptional. I certainly didn't have a bad experience, but it was ordinary.
- IngnoredPeteDined on 12/9/2011Made reservation, got to resturant, they seated us in the "lounge?". After 10min no one had spoken to us. Logged onto opentable app and found another resturant, made reservation, got up and walked out...never to walk back in!
- ADT Attentive Delicious and TimelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2011Pressed for time we were well taken care of from the valet parking to the completion of the meal. Atmosphere was wonderful, proper lighting for dinner with tall windows set the tone of our experience. Salads were crisp fresh and the scallops dressed with tomato confit was excellent as were the crab cakes, being the staple was actually crab. Nice wine list with numerous quality by the glass selections. Service was attentive but not obsequious meeting high standards and our theater objective. Overall excellent experience as I left promising myself a return visit without deadlines.Special Features:
- What an amazing surprise.smlfoodieDined on 11/17/2011What an amazing surprise. The whole meal was wonderful. The venue at first seemed a turnoff (part of a hotel) but the food was great.Special Features:
- Ambiance was not as livelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2011Ambiance was not as lively as expected but everyone thought the food and drinks were great.Special Features:
- The ambience was nice, butOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/6/2011The ambience was nice, but the food was HORRIBLE!!!! It was our first time there and we were looking forward to the meal. The food was over cooked and lacked seasoning & flavor. Couldn't believe that the Chef & Sous Chef allowed our plates to leave the line!!! Left and went to Ruths Chris and and finally gave our dinner!!
- We went early for a pre-theatreDCEmptyNesterDined on 9/25/2011We went early for a pre-theatre meal and were the only diners there. The food was generally good but one meal was too salty. It's a bit disconerting to be the only table in a restaurant, though.
- Not SatisfiedDisappointedDined on 9/19/2011My steak was over cooked and the entire meal, especially the mixed drinks, were overpriced. Service was extremely slow although the restaurant was fairly empty.
- Just an average hotel restaurant...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2011I was expecting more from this place since it's pricing ranges from $31 - $50. Although nicely decorated, it's still an average hotel restaurant which is quite disappointing due to the meal prices.
- Food was fair, though theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011Food was fair, though the steak I ordered was pretty dry. I wouldn't recommend this place for intimate dining (this was the impression that I got when viewing the pictures online).Special Features:
- I was with a group of 4 duringOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2011I was with a group of 4 during restaurant week. The staff was friendly and there were excellent happy hour specials. Our food was fast, hot & delicous. Finn & Porter provided the best restaurant week experience i've ever had. I cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2011Myself and 8 friends went to Finn and Porter for Restaurant Week and were very disappointed. The food selection in general is small, but the restaurant week menu only offered 2 or 3 choices. The servers stated that they could accommodate dietary preferences/allergies, but they gave members of our group the wrong plates. The servers also had to be reminded about our drink orders three times before they brought out the requested cocktails/water. The food was fine but nothing to brag about. As a result, we certainly won't be going there again!
- Skip Finn & Porter.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011All our food was over cooked--even the fries arrived burnt and cold. Sent my steak home with a friend for her dog.Special Features:
- Tourist Trap - don't wast your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2011The restaurant was just OK. I knew right away when I saw the paper menu for kids and the place was empty that we probably made a bad choice. We went for DC Restaurant Week. What a waste. If you went to the website first, you would expect to be eating at a high-end restaurant with classy ambiance. The site doesn't tell you that this restaurant is in the Embassy Suites. I think it gets the $$$ rating bc it's a tourist trap and prices are high to rip them off. We got the crab bisque. It was ok - had corn in it. Steak was well seasoned and cooked properly. Dessert also just ok. Not worth the money. Presentation left much to be desired.Special Features:
- I had the lump crabcake beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/15/2011I had the lump crabcake before and it was tasty, this time it was terrible. It didnt have much lump crabmeat. something was missing. My lunch partner ordered off the restaraunt wk menu and he enjoyed the ribeye steak sandwich. It look very good and tasty. Sorry I didnt order it. I rated overall Good because the ribeye steak sandwich was very good.. just stay away from the crabcakes.....
- Very mediocre, just a regularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011Very mediocre, just a regular hotel restaurant, nothing special.
- Food was average and whatBarDenVIPDined on 7/15/2011Food was average and what one would expect for a hotel restaurant of this caliber. A group was so noisy that it was impossible to carry on a conversation. Service was okay nothing out of the ordinary. I do not think that I would care to patronize it again.
- Food was just OK and the serviceBillDined on 7/2/2011Food was just OK and the service was slow, even though the place was empty.
- Don't even bother.RafaGOPDined on 6/29/2011A (mediocre) hotel, mediocre restaurant with pretensions. Big disappointment.
- Fin & Porter is very muchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2011Fin & Porter is very much a hotel restaurant - there is little ambiance and even poorer service. We were a party of 7 and our waiter could not figure out how to split our checks, even after calculating everything up ourselves and "helping" him multiple times. The food was pretty good, but I will definitely not be returning to Fin & Porter. The service has totally turned me off from this place.Special Features:
- I've eaten at this F&P severalpcancvaVIPDined on 6/6/2011I've eaten at this F&P several times over the years. Lately, it's been consistently going down hill in all respects.
- Not impressed with the food and/orOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2011This may be a beautiful resturant, but my experience was not so. I arrived during lunch. There was no crowd, just one other couple. My group was sat in a booth, we placed four orders when they arrived two of the sandwiches that were similar where given to the wrong person. One person asked for no bacon and no cheese, both sandwiches had bacon and cheese. One meal was correct, but after that the meal went terrible. I had the Gyro and it was not worth the 12 dollars, the other dinner had the soup and panini and she stated her soup was quite salty. Maybe at a different time this would of been a delightful meal. But, at this point I would not recomment this resurant to anyone. Sorry.
- Average at best. Came becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011Average at best. Came because of coworkers reviews. They exaggerated the chocolate waffle. Asked if apple pie would be warm--it was cold.
- It was good. Thats it -- good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/28/2011It was good. Thats it -- good. Nothing super duper, but totally a solid choice. For lunch where there was near no one there, the waiter really needed to consider popping by more often so we could pay our bill -- but other than that, it was fine.