101 E King Street
East Berlin, PA 17316Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantsidney.com/
- Phone: 7172591319x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three separate dining rooms with working fireplaces are available for private parties.
We work with you to customize the menu for your celebration and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth 7172591319x
A word from Sidney
If you treasure Fine Dining, Restaurant Sidney is fast becoming considered the most unique restaurant experience in the area. Featuring Modern American cuisine, an historic tavern, fresh seafood, top quality steaks, homemade desserts, outdoor seating and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Sidney - Best Restaurants in East Berlin ›
Sidney reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (30)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (15)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- night at SidneymitchDined on 2/1/2014Had a very nice dinner at Sidney's. Two choices of menus... The bar menu or the dinner menu. Dinner menu a little pricey but good for special occasions. Bar menu had good choices as well for a lower price. Friends had a cheeseburger which h they said was fantastic. I had a the Hake off the dinner menu which was good, but a little pricey for the portion. This was a great place but will be a special occasion visit only in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPcnerdDined on 1/31/2014The burgers are the best I ever had!! The location and atmosphere is really great. We have place at lak meade and love to tell neighbors and friends about SydneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience !shorthairDined on 1/28/2014Restaurant was warm and friendly. Ours meals were picture perfect. Our table shared two wonderful appitizers. The menu has something for everyone. Beef, pork, multiple fish dishes. Our table ordered Scottish salmon, duck and an evening special of venison. The desserts are all house made and fabulous. Chef presented a one bite appetizer and a one bite desert which were quite a treat. This is a must stop dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The usual... FabulouscelieDined on 1/24/2014My friends & I go to Sydney & feel so comfortable. You can order from the unique dining or tavern menus an know that whatever you choose will be delicious. The staff are professional yet make the evening fun. We love Sydney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was so good andfoodeater3Dined on 1/18/2014Everything was so good and fresh and a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated immediately,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2014We were seated immediately, and a server was there to greet our table very quickly. The service remained very punctual throughout the meal. Everyone's food was very good. We brought our own wine, and only paid a $9 corkage fee - very reasonable. East Berlin Sydney is a definite do again.Special Features:
- Service outstanding BUT....ChoppedyumDined on 1/4/2014We have enjoyed quite a few meals in this restaurant. Our service this evening was exceptional. Our NY strips were delicious, seasoned perfect and very tender. My husbands Prime Rib was extremely fatty. The chopped salad is a must!! Dare to try and your taste buds go crazy, in a delicious way!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticStuODined on 12/31/2013Sidneys is always a real treat. The food is phenomenal and the atmosphere is fantastic. The people associated with Sidneys go out of their way to make the experience memorable. We sadly only go there on special occasions but would love to make the experience a regular occurrence. All of the food is prepared just perfectly. This restaurant is a hidden gem.Special Features:
- This place was a disaster!robcarDined on 12/31/2013We had reservations at the Sidney for 7:45 on New Year's Eve. My husband and I got there early to have a drink at the bar, we sat for 20 minutes before we ever got a drink, and then we were seated at our table. We were greeted fairly quicly by our server, but had to ask for menu's, then another round of drinks took another 30 minutes, and we also had to ask for water from a food runner. We also noticed lots of other grumpy tables that were waiting a long time for drinks and food, I'm assuming they were under staffed and the person behind the bar was awful, we also heard a large party complaining about how long they had been waiting for a table. Once we got our dinner, it was good, I had the prime rib and my husband had the strip.Special Features:
- Left hangingHungryAndThirstyDined on 12/31/2013We arrived at 5:45 on New Years Eve, and didn't leave until 8:30 and we had places to be!!!! The food was excellent, we got 2 orders of the lobster special risotto and 1 order of the scottish salmon. The meal was otherwise ruined by the complete lack of attention from the server staff. For example, a glass of Merlot ordered to be with dinner arrived when we were almost finished so we refused it and sent it back. There were several times after waiting almost an hour between the 1st course and the 2nd that our server never came back to give us an update or refill glasses or get a drink order. The restaurant was busy but seriously not that busy. It's a shame we have been there several times and never experienced anything this neglectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any event.CarolynDined on 12/31/2013We have tried many different restaurants for New Year's Eve and usually found that the qualilty of the service and food could not keep up with the special busy pace. This year we went to Sidney's and were so pleased. Nothing suffered! The food, the service, everything was perfect and fabulous. We took guests with us who had never been to Sidney's and they have thanked us profusely for introducing them to this gem of a restaurant. We couldn't be more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will go again to try something elselocaldinerDined on 12/31/2013This was our first experience at Sidney after seeing rave reviews and hearing good things from a few locals. I found the food to be tasty and certainly more exotic than the normal local findings, but I wasn't blown away. We found our server didn't clearly describe the ingredients of the feature entre dish we chose and so we were a bit disappointed in it. The goat cheese salad was delicious. The Lemon Cream Parfait, which sounded wonderful for dessert, was rather disappointing, as it was extremely tart and lacked a balance of sweetness. I expected more when paying the prices of their menu. I will return for a second try in the future and remember to ask more definition of dish preparation.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Excellent and interesting menu. Food was superb. Excellent service. Fine dining in a small town close to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013We were definitely pleased to find a good restaurant in the area. We've lived her for five years now and have been so disappointed by the amount of good restaurants in the area, but this restaurant was a nice discovery. Our food was incredible – both the fish and the pork was prepared remarkably well. The service was solid, though it was slow (not so much a problem because the food was so good). The ambience of the dining area was challenging; the restaurant itself is super nice, but the lights on the Christmas tree were so bright, I ended up with a headache by the end of dinner. All in all, I was thrilled to find this restaurant and would certainly return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2013We had lunch, and lingered over tea and dessert and knitting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and invitingSharonDined on 11/30/2013We just found the food and the atmosphere just incredible. Everything was warm and inviting and we are looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic DinnerTaxingBlondeDined on 11/23/2013Our second visit and we wonder why we don't go there more often. The food is great and unique and there is always something to fit everyone's desires. It is loud due to all hardwood floors and wooden tables, that is the only downside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedKatieDined on 11/9/2013Reserved for special occasions, we are never disappointed in Sidney! The food is always delicious, drinks exceptional, and service almost always above-par. It's always fun to try an assortment of appetizers; each is beautifully presented and delectable. Entrees are a good-sized portion and nothing you'd fix yourself at home. We left sated, but not stuffed. The chef's tidbits (hummus on crostini with a delicate sprig of parsley and a bite of toasted coconut for dessert) were a real treat. We enjoy eating in the pub, which is more casual, and the four of us found it easy to talk and enjoy each other's company -- not something always possible in noisier restaurants. Eight thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous timeCeceliaDined on 11/9/2013We love Sydney. Generally, we eat in the tavern & dine on their delicious cheeseburgers. We Had the swordfish entree & it was the best ever. The staff at Sydney feels like home. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive, food was goodfoodcriticDined on 11/9/2013The meals offered were interesting. Not everyone wants an out there off the wall ingredient dinner. Meals were very very pricy and somehow people think if it has goat cheese, fancy named vegs it can be expensive and needs to be. Too bad actually, Main course meal portions were small for prime rib dinner and meat was poor quality. We were charge 11 dollars for a plate of veggies for a restricted diet. Small town, nice place. the staff was so worried about being prim and proper they forgot to be polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, excellent!BethDined on 11/8/2013The soup of the day - a squash soup with cabbage and mushrooms was phenomenal! Entrees were excellently prepared with well considered side dishes. I had the prime rib which came with roasted root vegetables which were perfectly seasoned and prepared. My only regret is that we were watching calories and skipped the fantastic dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing food, highly recommendedDevinDined on 11/2/2013I have lived in this area for 29 years and this was the first time I went to Sydney's. I should have went to Sydney a long time ago. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service is consistantlArksDined on 10/29/2013The food and service is consistantly good. The noise level tends to be too loud. The floors are wood and don't absorb sound......a loud party can spoil it for everyone in the room.Special Features:
- B-Day treatBBsbitesDined on 10/29/2013well worth the trip from Mechanicsburg and certainly worth repeating; too many great things to choose from and only one meal to eat! Surprise - Tuesdays are half price on bottles of wine! Excellent choices from their cellar, too! creative menu and beautiful presentations make Sidney's a new fav!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Here When Doing GettysburgPeggyDined on 10/26/2013We learned about the Sidney from an article in NY Times, 36 Hours in Gettysburg. This restaurant was mentioned and I did some research prior to our weekend trup to Gettysburg. I made Saturday night dinner reservations ther for me and my husband. Sidney did not disappoint! Food was great, my Negroni cocktail and my husband's martini were excellent - ambience was very pleasant. This was a wonderful dining experience after a full day in Gettysburg's Visitor Center and Museum and prior to Sunday's tour of the Battlefield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GFTomandKDined on 10/26/2013The Halibut with the Gluten Free Rice Noodles was excellent. Great menu all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciousLucilleDined on 10/26/20134 of us dined-we all thought our food was fabulous! Our surrounding had a Williamsburg feel! Best Halibut I have eatten outside of Alaska! Can't wait to go back to Sidney's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pearl in a oystertabletravelerDined on 10/26/2013Great service coupled with an outstanding meal, Ample portions of some very delicious entrees; enjoyed the menu selection. At this time of year, I would have liked to have seen some game dishes, perhaps some "course" sides of seasonal vegetables ... not just as part of the recipe. Something like I used to get at the Hudson River Club in the World Financial Bldg. this time of year back when I lived and worked in NY and the place (pre-9/11) was a warm, welcoming place in the cold weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Berlin's best secretHappyMomDined on 10/19/2013We have been to Sidney's several times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and on par with restaurants in big cities like Baltimore and DC but amazing to find in a small community! We love it! We bring our yuppy kids with us when we visit just to show them that small towns can have great chefs. Thanks to the great service and lovely atmosphere, the outside dining has been a pleasant experience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kept secret.stepDined on 10/11/2013Always a fabulous meal. We cant get enough of the blue cheese potato chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my wife's favoriteHistoryBuffDined on 10/5/2013This is my wife's favorite fine dining restaurant. She is always happy after we have dinner here.The food was creatively prepared, well presented and quite good. The service was excellent. The Chef was nice enough to treat us to a glass of champagne because it was our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Night OutMomof3Dined on 10/4/2013A friend and I chose to come here since we were staying just down the street for a girls' getaway. I had never heard of it before, but the B&B recommended it, so we thought we'd try it. So glad we did... it was AMAZING! The quality of food that is freshly prepared is such a welcome change from the type of fare you'd get at a chain restaurant. We had an extremely enjoyable evening, were well taken care of, and the dishes were spectacular. I would not hesitate to come here again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Introducing friends to Sydney'sFoodieX2VIPDined on 10/1/2013We can count on being served a good meal at Sydney's and our friends who came with us also were pleased. We still prefer dining there at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A joy!diningdivaDined on 9/27/2013It's a special night when we have the chance to visit Sydney's in East Berlin! Great food and lovely ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion gemMdrusDined on 9/21/2013We enjoyed our meal thoroughly for our 17th anniversary! My husband had the best NY strip steak he's ever had (typically doesn't enjoy that cut) and I had fillet of Cobia for the first time. The coffee/chocolate/mousse brownie dessert was amazing, and I enjoyed my goat cheese and pear salad. I had only one complaint for the whole experience...my entree was oversalted. That said, I would rather have it that way than lacking flavor. Our waitress was very sweet and quiet in a respectful way and owned a big smile. We were very impressed by the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOnewaymech1Dined on 9/21/2013Looking at the web pic it looked small. But we were pleasantly surprised. It's big enough for out 12 person party at Christmas. The food was as wonderful as the server Kelly. I'd recommend this to anyone. I think it's my new most favorite eatery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for special occasionShafDined on 9/11/2013We would recommend this restaurant and will be back for special occasions.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was very rusticbettyboop2Dined on 9/7/2013The atmosphere was very rustic and vintage. It was what I expected but frankly with that kind of surrounding along with the price point for the food it was rather expensive in my opinion. And... service was really really long for dinner we started at 6 pm and did not leave until after 8! The wait time between courses was quite long and if it was not our wedding nite we would have probably left before the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceColleenjeanDined on 8/30/2013My boyfriend and I visited Sidney for the first time this weekend and had a great experience. The waitstaff was very friendly, dinner was great (we both had NY strip steak) and the dessert was terrific (100% recommend the creme brulee). We will will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey for luke warm productBrianDined on 8/27/2013I ask for a medium rare steak and got well done. Then my second steak took like 30 minutes and that came back medium. In addition they kept all my original side items from the first steak and were cold when the second steak arrived. Their excuse was that the kitchen was overwhelmed catering to the big event.