101 E King Street
East Berlin, PA 17316Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantsidney.com/
- Phone: 7172591319x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three separate dining rooms with working fireplaces are available for private parties.
We work with you to customize the menu for your celebration and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth 7172591319x
A word from Sidney
If you treasure Fine Dining, Restaurant Sidney is fast becoming considered the most unique restaurant experience in the area. Featuring Modern American cuisine, an historic tavern, fresh seafood, top quality steaks, homemade desserts, outdoor seating and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Sidney - Best Restaurants in East Berlin ›
Sidney reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)fit for foodies (40)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (28)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (15)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always dependable!HorsedocDined on 5/8/2014Sidney is one of our fav. spots for either a quick, light meal or a full gourmet dinner. The wine list and menu are extensive and the service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney DiningCraigDined on 5/6/2014We have gone to Sidney in East Berlin for a number of times and reasons. The food here is excellent and the service is very nice. If you'd like to take a friend or another couple out, this is the place to show off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fist visit, not last.Luv2EatDined on 5/3/2014Food and service was outstanding. Food was perfectly prepared, delicious and beautiful. Service was quick, but not rushed. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- charming character exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014A rare find in a rural setting. Limited menu leads to perfection. Quality service with a private ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveNonameDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food, drinks and service. I recommend the prime rib myself. They get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningtablefor4Dined on 4/26/2014Great, great food. Excellent in everyway, service without fault, great meals cooked to order with beautiful presentation, you just want to look at it until your first bite. A full 3 course meal is somewhat expensive, but you shall not soon forget it.ENJOY!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wondrous treat!NikonJebDined on 4/24/2014Being a little older and having traveled quite a bit, we have food and ambiance standards higher than most. We found Sidney to be a rare find with high end food & service in a most warm and comfortable surrounding. Their staff is excellent, with the added delight of being obviously happy with what they bring to your dining experience. I recommend Sidney whole-heartedly to everyone looking for an extraordinary dining experience.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious ... As usualDzach175Dined on 4/23/2014Sidney is our go-to place.....especially for special occasions. Food is always delicious, unique, and adventurous . Be sure to try something that you would never try before....you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPerfectionDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I came here for the first time for our anniversary dinner. It was spectacular . The for was great. The service was the best. I would recommend this place to anyone. It's pricy but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid stellar SidneyFoodieDined on 4/18/2014Sidney, the stalwart standout. The East Berlin original remains an exceptional treat. We make the hour-long drive for lunch every month or two. The bar handles cocktails, craft beer and wine with equal aplomb. My wife's martini was outstanding and I was thrilled with the Victory Hop Devil on tap. Webster's does not provide enough adjectives for their world-class blue cheese chips. The burger is an amazing balance of flavor and texture. The staff continues to provide that perfect balance of knowledge, attention and style. East Berlin, you don't have any idea how lucky you are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is so good ! GreatHanoverdinerDined on 4/12/2014Everything is so good ! Great selection of fresh fish and seafood! Just make sure you save room for dessert!Special Features:
- RegularCarmenDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I love this place, it's our main go to for special dinners. We feel like we are far far away from home and reality during our visit. Food is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meals were beautifullyDianeDined on 4/5/2014The meals were beautifully prepared and were very delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysFrankieDDined on 4/1/2014The chef is an artist who creates meals that take you on a journey. What a treasure to have such a talent in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014Ignored for desert. Placed order never received. was ignored for 1/2 hour. Left. It was our 25th Anniversary! I expected more. Food is very good.Special Features:
- A few notesJasperDined on 3/25/2014Most bottles of wine are 50% off on Tuesday--the day we were there. This time, Sidneys offered a small complimentary appetizer as well as a small complimentary dessert, which they did not offer the last time we were there (February 14--maybe they were too busy). A nice bonus. This is definitely an adults only restaurant, great for special occasions. The few times we have seen (and heard) little kids there, it was not pleasant, especially for the poor kids, who probably would have preferred a burger and fries at MacDonald's..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in East BerlinCraigDined on 3/18/2014If you are looking for a special place for a celebration with that special someone, pick Sidney. The food is high side quality and the service is excellent. They do not rush you through your courses and the wine list is exceptional as well. So, relax bring that special person in your life and enjoy the food. This is our number one favorite spot to bring friends visiting from out of the area as well as family on special occasions. You will love this place.Special Features:
- So goodcelieDined on 3/15/2014We love Sydney. It's always a wonderful time With our friends. Always feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!SuperHappyDinerDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I rarely get a date night. But when we finally do, Sidney is our first choice and we are never disappointed. The menu choices always suit our mood and dessert is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite fine dining in York CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014The best fine dining. Great menu! Fresh with imagination and flair! They never disappoint! Duck with wheat berries and foie gras with dates and roasted beets just was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing is all I can say!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Amazing is all I can say! Food was incredible and service was fantastic!Special Features:
- IncredibleLMorgan30Dined on 2/25/2014Every time we come to Sidney's we have an incredible time. Between the inventive and fresh, seasonal food and the service we always enjoy our evenings spent there. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third time atTime2dineDined on 2/22/2014This was our third time at Sidney and it is consistently excellent overallSpecial Features:
- Weekend GroupsCraigDined on 2/22/2014We dine at Sidney several times a year both in the bar area and dining section. During the nice spring, summer, and fall weather, we choose to eat outside. On this occasion we ate inside. Generally we find the place full as usual but not as loud. We were not able to really carry on a nice conversation because of the noise at the far end of our dining room. It was a table for 8 in the back bar end corner. We sat in the front corner. All we could do is set there and listen to their loud talking. I have hearing aids in both ears, which I turned down, but the noise was still so very loud and rude. Besides this experience, everything was up and up. I must say only I had to ask for water twice, which should not have happened. We still enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service I have ever hadRandomDined on 2/15/2014It was a younger man who had no clue how to attend to customers. Did not get bread or soup spoon to eat. I had to flag down the hostess and asked for a spoon for my soup and if we were supposed to get bread. We had the last two servings of Salmon. It was served in a 'soup' of pink sauce that was not that good. I think they dumped whatever sauce was left onto our plates instead of a drizzle which would have been enough. Then when dessert was served the server bolted again and my wife had no silverware to eat with. After trying to get his attention again I finally flagged down another server to get my wife a fork. we did not get the complimentary dessert treat that we saw other tables getting. We were totally dissapointed with our experience
- Exquisite diningoneofourfavsDined on 2/15/2014There are few restaurants in this area that can even come close to compare to the food served. We have never been disappointed and the menu continues to change with different delectable items. Always exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014We have a fine time, food was good, everyone was pleasant. It did get loud, but it was packed. This was our second visit and we will be back when in the area.Special Features:
- UniqueMmmmthatsgoodDined on 2/14/2014This is a fascinating little place tucked away from the crowds. Get your reservation early or you might not get in. The service is splendid and the food is fantastic. Even simple pasta is brought to a whole new level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingJasperDined on 2/14/2014We visit Sidney multiple times per year. On our most recent visit, however, we were disappointed that the usual amenities were not offered or provided. They typically provide an amuse and an end-of-the-meal surprise (for example, miniature creampuff), both compliments of the chef. Neither was provided. Service was uncharacteristically average. We will return in the hope that the deficiencies associated with this particular visit are not repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - nice locationDaveDined on 2/14/2014The food and service were great. The kitchen was a little slow but it was a busy night.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's DayTomBDined on 2/14/2014Wow, I loved this place. The staff was great from the person at the bar to the waitress to others we met along the way. The food was not only delicious but very interesting in a good way. Great presentation. Unusual combinations. I had the rare prime rib (excellent) and my wife had salmon above a bed of spinach in a pool of sauce made from unripened grapes that I wanted to finish for her as if soup. I highly recommend Sidney's!Special Features:
- Valentine's Day dinner 2014CentralPAengineerDined on 2/14/2014I was hesitant to book our first reservation here. It looked a little small and dated. However, the menu looked appealing. My wife and I were thrilled with Sydney! It is quite relaxing and upscale. The food was right on par with the cost. $150 for two beers, two glasses of house wine, two first courses, two main courses, and two desserts. The hosts are wonderful and thoughtful. The servers are always available. We are planning to return in the summer to take advantage of the gorgeous patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutFrednGingerDined on 2/14/2014Our experience made for a nice night out. We were seated as soon as we arrived. Waitress was wonderful, although she forgot desert at the end and just brought out my husbands beer, when reminded she got right on it. Oyster appetizer was delicious. The chef sent out a sampling of a few appetizers. The Brussels sprout with blue cheese and candied bacon was my favorite. Our main courses were wonderful and arrived in a timely fashion. Only disappointment was dessert. I was really hungry for Creme brûlée, the only way to get it was in a trio with other items. I was very disappointed. I don't mind paying ten dollars for a dessert when the quality is good or serving size fair, but sad to say my dessert was neither. That being said I will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The food and service are excellent. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsJoeyDined on 2/12/2014Nice get together with friends! Everything was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was perfect forphil1Dined on 2/11/2014everything was perfect for my wife birthday food wine extras could not be beaten any place one of the best everSpecial Features:
- EhhEricJDined on 2/8/2014The presentation was good, the first course was outstanding, but the steak was average. For the high price, I'm not rushing back.Special Features:
- There were 4 of us, we allPlsdDined on 2/1/2014There were 4 of us, we all ordered different things and everything was beyond delicious. The service was also very good and the ambiance is quiet, rustic - very nice for a special occasion. The complimentary starters and enders are a very nice touch too.Special Features:
- night at SidneymitchDined on 2/1/2014Had a very nice dinner at Sidney's. Two choices of menus... The bar menu or the dinner menu. Dinner menu a little pricey but good for special occasions. Bar menu had good choices as well for a lower price. Friends had a cheeseburger which h they said was fantastic. I had a the Hake off the dinner menu which was good, but a little pricey for the portion. This was a great place but will be a special occasion visit only in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPcnerdDined on 1/31/2014The burgers are the best I ever had!! The location and atmosphere is really great. We have place at lak meade and love to tell neighbors and friends about SydneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.