14K Restaurant & Lounge
1001 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
14K Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.14krestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2022187575x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am (Breakfast Buffet 6:30am to 10:30am) Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00pm (Breakfast Buffet 7:00am - 12:00pm) Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm (Brunch Buffet 7:00am - 2:00pm) Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm (Mid Day Menu 2:00pm - 5:00pm) Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm Mid Day Menu only. Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Monday - Sunday
Happy Hour 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM Monday - Sunday
Monday Night $5.00 Call Martinis
Tuesday Night Hospitality Night 10% off check for Hospitality Associates
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 14K a Contemporary American Bistro Restaurant can accommodate both private & semi-private parties. 14K is available for groups of any size up to 200. The main dining room can accommodate 50 people comfortably for semi-private dining and our lounge area can accommodate 75 people for receptions. We have semi-private areas that are defined by large columns, heavy curtains and architectural features. Also available is our outdoor terrace seating that is fully covered and heated for all seasons. Our Chef’s Table is available for up to 8 people. All menus can be customized to meet our guest’s culinary needs.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2022187524x
- Special Events: Ask your server how to get 10% off of your next bill.
A word from 14K Restaurant & Lounge
14K Restaurant, located at 14th and K Streets NW in the historic Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, is the place to meet. 14K's patio, overlooking Franklin Square Park, is the place to people watch and enjoy the finest in food and beverage. 14K offers Contemporary American Bistro cuisine, full bar, giving you the casual elegant dining atmosphere in Washington DC's business district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
14K Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)romantic (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceweldaDined on 5/24/2013In a reunion with friends whom we hadn't seen for 53 years, we wanted to linger. We never felt rushed, and the food and service was superb during the 3.5 hours we were at our table. Thank you for helping to make our experience so enjoyable.Special Features:
- A Downtown GemBCinDCVIPDined on 5/21/201314K is simply one of my favorite downtown dining spots. The menu is varied, the service is good enough, and the prices are fair. White tablecloth service and the option to dine on a terrace overlooking a park. Great upscale decor that is contemporary but luxe. There is just nothing wrong with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2013Very good food, but service was not very fast. At noon, there were very few customers on the floor, but by 1 PM things were picking up quite a bit. We seemed to beat the rush but the slow response put us in with it anyhow. As is typical for DC, prices are a bit high and portions on the smaller side, however it seems comparable to similar nice restaurants. The roasted turkey sandwich was excellent. The side of fruit was probably about 1/2 a cup and mixed with mint, giving it an interesting flavor that some enjoyed, but it was not to my liking. I'd probably stick to fries in the future. I noted the romaine salad with chicken was fairly generously proportioned.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceChitownvisitorDined on 5/5/2013After we were seated and given drinks, after 30 min had to go to hostess to find server to take order. Food was served in a timely manner but then had to get up again to find server to get refill on water. Place was not very busy but waitresses kept themselves well hidden. Food (scallop tagliatelle and burger) were tasty and enjoyable. More delays with the check. Was a slow Sunday night, maybe this was the "b" team. When the waitress did appear she was very friendly and nice. Prices very reasonable especially for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We could barely understandchirockyVIPDined on 4/28/2013We could barely understand the waiter's English, it was so poor. It took forever to get menus and water. The waiter assumed we would do the buffet so didn't bother to bring menus, he should have been prepared and brought them with him to the table in case we wanted something else to eat/drink, or the hostess should have seated us with menus and not expect us to wait for another trip to our table. It seemed that the whole staff was frazzled that they had customers... Did this restaurant just open? No one was prepared. Then they were out of the beer I ordered and it took forever to get something else. Service was really slow and un-attentive.Special Features:
- They had a very nice brunch.CherylVIPDined on 4/21/2013They had a very nice brunch. Big variety of food. Did not rush us out so we had a leisurely brunch. Pretty hotel.Special Features:
- Horrible service. My friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/21/2013Horrible service. My friends and I arrived for Sunday brunch, were never handed menus or given the option between a buffet brunch and a menu, as was displayed online. Then, the buffet did not even include half the items described online. There is a bottomless champagne/mimosa option for $5 ($29), which was never offered to us--we had to ask about everything. French toast is included in the buffet, but again, you have to ask for it.Not worth it. At all. Will not be going back.
- Unfortunately, my meal wasFoodieDined on 4/19/2013Unfortunately, my meal was below average due to a severely under cooked turkey burger. Though the service was good, the burger left an unfavorable impression. Also, the chairs indoors were ripped and showed significant wear and tear.Special Features:
- The menu which appears onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/17/2013The menu which appears online is not the menu presented during lunch and no flexibility in selecting items we noted from the online menu.Special Features:
- 1st Impression Was Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013First impressions are everything! As a vegetarian I agreed to have dinner only because they had a vegetarian entree on the menu. We arrived, valeted my car, ordered food and 20 minutes later the waiter came back to tell us that they were out of the dish I ordered. They substituted with noodles and vegetables. It was not good and they still charged me for the amount of the original dish they were out of.
- Location, location, locationBusinessDinerVIPDined on 4/8/2013Good food at a reasonable price. Nothing really exceptional, but good location convenient to many offices downtown.
- I take a number of colleaguesLisaDined on 4/8/2013I take a number of colleagues to this restaurant for lunch - normally when I have requested a patio seat thru Open Table I have received it - this time we had to wait because our tabel wasn't held. I'm sure this was just an oversight but it was annoying. The food was great - as usual. As was the service.
- My first time going to restaurantvmjameDined on 3/31/2013My first time going to restaurant was for Easter Brunch. There was a good variety of brunch foods. The made to order omelets and waffles were great. The restaurant space is a bit cramped but typical for city setting. The mimosas were mostly orange juice and needed more champagne added.Special Features:
- Took a group there for brunch.SandyDined on 3/31/2013Took a group there for brunch. Ambiance is very nice however we faced a park with a number of homeless people and I felt pretty bad sitting there eating all I could at a buffet. The buffet was nothing special and I actually prefer brunch from a menu - not "all you can eat buffets" like this one. Overall - not impressed. We just happened to brunch there on Easter which may be why the prices seemed rather high for what was offered. I would have to scratch this brunch location off my list of places I would recommend to friends. Although it might be a nice place to go to the bar for drinks as long as it is a small group since the bar area is isn't very large.
- Food was good, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Food was good, particularly the Salmon and Crab Cake, but the waiter needs to learn how to serve wine.
- I visit 14k regularly as theAshleydDined on 3/17/2013I visit 14k regularly as the brunch is well priced and the bottomless mimosas are tasty. I've never had an issue and this will continue to be a regular spot for my guests and I.Special Features:
- Always enjoy having lunchLisaDined on 3/12/2013Always enjoy having lunch here - Nelson is a terrific waiter. I had the portabella pannini - it was perfect,Special Features:
- When we arrived, we felt veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013When we arrived, we felt very unwelcome because of the maitre'd. He more or less lectured us on the fact that brunch was typically on Sundays and we were lucky they had it out on Saturday only because they had a big group dining at that time. He made us feel unwanted and unwelcome. When we were seated, our server Caesar was nothing but kind, warm, and professional. He completely transformed out moods because of his hospitality and welcoming attitude. If it were not for Caesar, we could have gotten up and left after our icy reception.
- My mom, and future mo-inlawOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013My mom, and future mo-inlaw loved it. It gave me brownie points with them :-). Now we are looking forward to coming back again. Although this was not my first time here, but the food is always sooo good. Especially the medium rare prime rib.Special Features:
- Second visit at 14K for brunch.Dee115401VIPDined on 2/24/2013Second visit at 14K for brunch. I used a living social coupon and it was just ok. I tihnk for $12 it's fine, but the food is really just ok for me and the Mimomas are watered down. I wouldn't pay full price, but for $12 it was ok.
- Nice restaurant, but I won'tRizkiDined on 2/24/2013Nice restaurant, but I won't come back, unless if I don't have any more options. Service is not great at all.Special Features:
- Fine for a Living Social Deal....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2013Despite our having a reservation, the restaurant was at such capacity that we waited about 30 mins to be seated. That said, the food was pretty decent brunch fare. The pinapple and strawberries were especially flavorful. The applewood smoked bacon was, indeed, nice and smoky. The french toast, pancakes, and oatmeal also were good. I found the smoked salmon enjoyabale, too. And the ability for a customized omlette is always nice. Disappointingly, on several occasions, though the brunch buffet was out of syrup. Additionally, the bread slices made available were stiff and stale. The cucumber tomato salad was quite bland.Special Features:
- My wife and I had brunch hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013My wife and I had brunch here on a saturday morning. Im glad we had a LivingSocial deal because had we not got two for one, I would have been very upset at the amount of $$ we spent. While some people enjoy the experience of peeling their own shrimp, I do not. Having the clena them is gross, and a places as nice and expensive as this should go ahead and take care fo that for their customers. Calling it a "brunch" is also misleading when the only hot lunch item is a very dry roast beef. We will not be returning as other places in DC, Pulpo in Cleveland Park, and Front Page in Dupont offer far superios brunch specials.
- Great buffet and bottomlessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Great buffet and bottomless champagne/mimosa brunch! Sat in the heated/enclosed patio and it was lovely. I just wish there would have been a few more vegan friendly options.Special Features:
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013The food was really good and the staff was excellent. The resturant was packed for brunch so if you don't mind a lot of people in a tight space, you will enjoySpecial Features:
- We went for brunch towardLauraUVIPDined on 2/16/2013We went for brunch toward the end of a coupon expiration so it was pretty crowded. However the service was great. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. The brunch was better than we expected. We didn't have the eggs but the omelets were made to order. There was delicious smoked salmon (though the bagels were gone), very good cold meats. The sausages were delicious. On the whole a terrific buffet even if we had paid full price.Special Features:
- I went here for brunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I went here for brunch with a friend using a livingsocial. Brunch was fine considering how much we paid -- fresh omlettes to order, fruit, yogurt, and your typical brunch fare, but I would have been deeply, deeply disappointed if we had paid full fare.Special Features:
- I found out about this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013I found out about this place through a coworker and Living Social deal. I had never been before so off we went. The spread on the brunch buffet was honestly breathtaking. I am a huge fruit person so I did a b-line for this section of the buffet. All of it was fresh and delicious. Not a huge meat eater but my date had several various pieces... and inhaled them all. The best part? Bottomless mimosas.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.NiceFoodieVIPDined on 2/9/2013Great food and great service. The brunch menu options were diverse and delicious.Special Features:
- Only problem was that initiallyMicKEVIPDined on 2/3/2013Only problem was that initially we were not confirmed with our opentable reservation, but the management rectified the problem very promptly and thoroughlySpecial Features:
- Hostesses greeted us withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/27/2013Hostesses greeted us with smiles and kind words - very polite and seated us quickly. Server took drink orders quite soon after we were seated and asked if we had been there before. We said yes and had no questions. Smaller selection of food than most brunch buffets however what was available was very good. Omelet station very busy - would suggest a two person team covering that area as the same gentleman also needed to cover the carving of beef. Servers friendly and courteous. Busy during the brunch time and seems very popular.Special Features:
- Great for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013I took my friend to 14K to celebrate her birthday. We found out when we got there if we got two entrees we get a free bottle of wine. While what we ordered wasn't the most spectacular food I've had in DC. It is very well priced and still delicious. We also enjoyed excellent service from the hostess and waitress. In addition, it's located right on Franklin Square Park. So perfect for a nice work lunch or an after work dinner for two.Special Features:
- Nice, cheap spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013The food was pretty good, however, there wasn't enough variety and service was a little slow. For example, it was the same person working the meats and the omelette bar. They did not have any waffles, and some of the food wasn't that good. However, the shrimp bar was the best. And the sausages were made just right as well (not too greasy).Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2013This was my first visit to the 14K Restaurant and Lounge. I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, and will be returning to this establishment.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The brunch was very disappointing. The food was nothing special (cold bacon, unripe fruit), but our server was rude. When we asked about the bottomless mimosas that were included in our brunch, she gave us an attitude and said she didn't know we wanted them. Then we only got one mimosa and our glasses were cleared when finished, without an offer of more. Bottomless does not equal one glass. Our waitress was completely inattentive, but was quick to write the suggested tip on the bill. This was a pricey place and the food and service did not reflect that.
- Very satisfied and had a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2013Very satisfied and had a good dining experience. Good quality overall for both food and service. The waiters was even kind enough to inform all patrons that the buffet was closing and about last call for mimosas.Special Features:
- The food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013The food and service was great! The seating arrangements however were very tight, meaning you sat close to other parties to the point where you went to get up, the back of your chair hit the party sitting behind you.Special Features:
- Great Chairs, Food OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013As other people on OpenTable have said, the food here is just fine. It reminds me of a hotel breakfast all jazzed up. I had a veggie omelette that was prepared by a very nice chef, but it was little more than eggs and veggies, nothing really added. The shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon, and fresh berries were yummy. Breakfast potatoes were okay, and the biscuits and gravy featured rock hard biscuits...so anything cooked was okay, and anything that didn't need cooking was good! I'd say the best part of this place is the atmosphere. The chairs are randomly the comfiest chairs I've experienced in DC. It's a perfect place to have some coffee and mimosas (which were tasty) and to catch up with a friend. Not all that romantic for a date though.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendlynnzraeDined on 1/5/2013Loved this place. I hope they are on living social for brunch again because I would love to go back.Special Features:
- Food was good. I was a littleJoyceVIPDined on 1/3/2013Food was good. I was a little disappointed at the size of the crab cake (compared to the bun that I took it off. It didn't even cover the bun and was very small. It would be great if you would bring back the cucumber salad. That was very good.Special Features: