72 W. 69th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.telepan-ny.com/
- Phone: 2125804300x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Telepan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: semi-private room seats up to 20 people
- Private Party Contact: Lynne Estes 2125804300x
A word from Telepan
Chef Bill Telepan acclaimed former chef of the 3-star Judson Grill will serve the very best and freshest of seasonal foods impeccably prepared and paired with an interesting, hand- picked and reasonably priced selection of wines. Ruth Reichl described his cooking as “…extremely eloquent; each of [his] unassuming dishes roars with flavor, and the minute you finish one bite you instantly want another. His direct style draws diners into a vibrant interplay of textures, tastes and colors.” Telepan, an exciting new destination located in the heart of the Upper West Side, will welcome fine dining enthusiasts from around the city, as well as the pre- and post-theater Lincoln Center crowd.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Telepan reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (178)special occasion (143)neighborhood gem (140)romantic (85)notable wine list (58)great for lunch (58)great for brunch (47)good for groups (18)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- tried it for brunchSaxmanVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been to Telepan many times for dinner. This time we went for Saturday brunch which was one of the best I've ever had. I had some special with spinach, egg and bacon which was heaven. Followed it up with a burger which was just OK. My wife had fish which was excellent. The service is always excellent and cordial at Telepan. You won't be rushed and the dining room is very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gracious little gemcoast2coastDined on 8/15/2014It was nice to have a quiet dinner and walk to the central park which was a block away.Special Features:
- wonderful as alwaysrestweekVIPDined on 8/14/2014peaceful ambiance, innovative food, excellent waiter. appreciated that there were many choices from from their regular menu for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great American Foodharroop45Dined on 8/14/2014I went for restaurant week with my Husband during lunch. The lunch options were great and the waiter was very helpful in helping us pick. We both got the pouched egg salad for appetizer and tunna chickpea salad for entree which were both very delicious. All ingredients were fresh and top quality. Also,the their chocolate gianduja peanut butter cake was delightful. I would definitely come back here again for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great all around!LeeBVIPDined on 8/12/20144 of us tried different things and all of us loved our meals! Loved the ambience too. We live on the UWS and will definitely be back. So happy to have found this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bombastic waiteramuseboucheDined on 8/7/2014Having eaten at many, many high-end restaurants without having this experience, it was surprising to find that our waiter at Telepan was not only pompous, but barely attended to us throughout the entire meal. This was on an evening when he was not particularly busy, but it took him at least 15 minutes before asking if we'd like a drink, never bothered to refill our wine glasses, and we waited another 20 mins before being able to order. The food was very good—the lobster "bolognese" was fabulous—but if the rest of the wait staff is anything like this, there are too many other excellent restaurants to ever bother going back.
- Excellent!NbmikeDined on 8/7/2014Food was amazing, service excellent. Since it was Restaurant Week, 3 course lunch was only $25. What a deal!Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchMontrealDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant week menu was the most comprehensive I've ever seen. The dishes were beautifully presented, the food delicious. A memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchFoodloverVIPDined on 8/7/2014Delightful experience. Restaurant week menu exceptionally generous and varied. Service gracious. Will return after Restaurant week, albeit regular menu is quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faltering? I hope not!ETKAVIPDined on 8/6/2014T. is one of our favorite places and we've been there dozens of times. We were 4 for dinner. Service was friendly, but surprisingly slow. We started at about 6:30, when there were not too many other occupied tables. But we were there for such a long time that the place was full by the time we finished. Staff were racing around, frequently looked at our littered table, but it took a while to clear. Small thing: two espressos were brought to the table about 10 minutes before desert. Shouldn't it be the other way around? We'll be back, and hope things get cleared up.Special Features:
- One of my most favoritesopera1VIPDined on 8/6/2014I just love this restaurant. The size of the portions is just about right, the selections are terrific, the servers are usually wonderful, the tables are nicely spaced. Ahha! it's civilized! I must admit I go only for Restaurant Week and hate myself if I miss an opportunity. The bottle of wine we shared didn't hurt the ambience at all. It was a lovely lunch, celebrating my birthday.
- Excellent as always!ZMAN33VIPDined on 8/6/2014Telepan is always a joy with great food conceived wwith a lot of creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bear1Dined on 8/6/2014Wonderful as always. Have been going to Telepan for 8 years and look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceNYCdinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was excellent, the service impeccable and the room quiet where one could have a decent conversation. One of my favorite places in New York.Special Features:
- nebraska77VIPDined on 8/5/2014As usual very good. Service is excellent and the food comes beautifully presented. Recommend the restaurant to foodies. Do wish they would change the entrees more frequently than they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014excellent food, superb wine selection of lesser known names of high quality, lovely serviceSpecial Features:
- DissapointingLocalVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food has gotten too complicated and exotic. We found it hard to actually find something we wanted to eat. Best thing we had with our meal were the cookies. The service was very friendly and professional.
- Got in the WRONG TIMEWallStreetDinerReviewerDined on 8/4/2014Expecting this restaurant was under Restaurant Week...I was completely shocked to find out they ONLY do Restaurant Week for LUNCH!! Although I had a nice meal, the price did not justify its means since I would gladly have spent $80 and upwards if it included the $38 fixe price restaurant week special. If they would just offer a restaurant-week "dinner" menu also, I'll definitely go again and try out their "wonderful" MENU!!Special Features:
- Delicious choices!LindaVVIPDined on 8/3/2014You need to meet friends at a restaurant? Choose Telepan. We went twice in a row and the food, ambiance and service does not disappoint. With dishes with lobster, halibut, trout, monkfish, duck, eggplant - there's something for everyone. And those delicious warm madeleines at the end are worth the calories as are the other desserts on the menu. It's the right choice for a special night out with friends or a romantic dinner for two. And I heard families love it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!ginaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great price fix lunch 32 dollars. Dinner is also so spectacular.Special Features:
- nebraska77VIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was outstanding - especially enjoyed the oysters. A beautiful restaurant with great service. It is definitely a restaurant for special occasions. Our waiter was Steven who took vary good care of us. He knew the menu and how the chef prepared the dishes. He could answer any questions had about several of the dishes.Special Features:
- berntasteDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant is large but they tend to seat arrivals in little sections and they fill up. the section in the back was very warm once others started to arrive and one could hear everyone's conversation. The service was quite attentive. The frutti di mare lacked creativity verging on bland, though other items were very goodSpecial Features:
- Overall a great place.ChefindreamsDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went to telepan to celebrate his birthday. We ate the sampling menu paired with wine. Every food was prepared and delivered with care. The lobster bolonaise, halibut, and the multigrain bread made on the premise were excellent. The sauces were all good but on the salty side. Since they are striving to be the health conscious restaurant, it would be best if they would be more disciplined with the salt. For the oyster the mint overpowered the subtle flavor of the delicious sea creature, so i skimmed off the mint. The white wines were all excellent while the merlot paired with the duck was so so. Overall an outstanding place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014The food at Telepan is delicious! The service is welcoming and friendly. The dioxins beautifully presented and incredibly flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good foodDaveVIPDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Telepan. Fish was terrific and service was oustanding.Special Features:
- Great MealLOULOUDined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious. A lot of restaurants either have good first courses or desserts. Telepan had both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bless restaurant weekPeterDined on 7/31/2014Telepan remains my all-time favorite restaurant to visit during restaurant week, since I doubt that I could afford it otherwise.Special Features:
- Favorite UWS RestaurantParisPoodleVIPDined on 7/30/2014I always get a salad and fish at Telepan, and I've never been disappointed. The dessert leaves something to be desired, however. I don't think I've ever had a fabulous dessert at Telepan. This time I went during Restaurant Week and was pleased that Telepan had an extensive lunch selection to choose from. Chose the trout, and it came crisp on the outside, tender in the inside. Perfect. Salad was little too salty. The "pop" chocolate, which sounded so tempting, was not so after first bite. Still, this is one of my favorite spots on the UWS.Special Features:
- Great lunchJaekabyDined on 7/30/2014We sampled 3 different seafood entrees, all excellent. The appetizers and desserts likewise. Our server was wonderful. All four of us agreed we would certainly return. Wine list is a bit high priced. I would like to see some more affordable bottles.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantLuvgoodgoodVIPDined on 7/30/2014I went during restaurant week. This restaurant is a rarity. It offers the regular menu of its delicious food.Special Features:
- ARR3VIPDined on 7/29/20141st time was better. This time was a bit disappointing. Caprese was awful.
- SUPERB IN EVERY RESP4ECTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Wonderful, imaginative food. Attractive restaurant. Tables well-spaced apart. Quiet ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/24/2014Main (bass with Spanish rice) and desert (tiramisu) were outstanding. Both were recommended by our excellent server. My first course (frisee with poached egg) was fair. I should have taken our waiter's recommendation and ordered the smoked trout as my friend did. She said it was super.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!!DogsVIPDined on 7/23/2014waited at bar for friends and had delicious watermelon margaritas, then to the table everything we ordered was outstanding!! big comfy booths and not on top of your neighbor, i usually never go above 23rd street, but will come uptown again for this place! seriously delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingJaneDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant is absolutely fabulous. I am a big foodie, my son is a chef and I can tell you the food was perfection.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperienceCMARTDined on 7/23/2014All of the dishes were exquisitely prepared. I had a special appetizer calamari dish that melted in my mouth and the monkfish for a main course that was perfectly done. Very impressive. The ambiance was very light and appealing and the waiter made helpful suggestions about the different menu options. Although we waited around for a little after completing our meal since we were going to a concert, we never felt like we were being rushed to leave the table.Special Features:
- lovely but service could be betterGiselleVIPDined on 7/23/2014We came here for dinner several years ago and again for lunch this week. Both times, the food was carefully and healthfully prepared, with fresh ingredients, and lots of vegetables. It's been redecorated since we first came and it's pleasant, though we still found its ambience less satisfying than the food. Our waiter was quite negligent, maybe because he wasn't taking the lunch crowd seriously? He didn't come to the table for a long time, then didn't bring us a wine menu until we asked, by which time we were ready to order our food, so lingering over wine before lunch was out of the question. He didn't know which cheeses were on the cheese plate, he never asked if we wanted coffee, then he disappeared altogether without notice.Special Features:
- pleasant supriseCrombieVIPDined on 7/23/2014I never knew that this restaurant is so close to Lincoln Center. The food was wonderful...glad to have found it, through Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NYCFoodie603Dined on 7/20/2014Some of the best service I've had in NYC. The waiter took the time to explain every dish in detail and answered all our questions thoughtfully. The food was outstanding. My fiancée and I got the four course tasting menu. For the first course, we got the chilled tomato and red pepper soup and the lobster roll. Both dishes were excellent. I got the seafood combination dish for the second course and that was the highlight of the meal for me. The razor neck clams, little neck clams, shrimp, calamari, and squid ink pasta were all delicious. I'd go back just for that dish alone. My third course was the pork, which was good but not out of this world like the seafood dish. And the dessert was scrumptious. I'd go back for sure!Special Features:
- Wonderful!Foodie1Dined on 7/20/2014This was our second time here in 4 years , Wonderful experience! Will definetly be going back on our next trip to NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.