1677 N Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eleverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9259791677x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pmn & Bar Serves to Midnight, Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:30pm & Dinner 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Michele Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private upstairs dining room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit down dinner and 100 for cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Nguyen 9259791677x
- Special Events: We can easily accommodate everything from a small private group event to 150+ people. Whether it's the formal upstairs setting with its grand windows, modern downstairs with full counter bar, or the entire 6000 square foot two-story restaurant.
A word from Eleve Restaurant
Élevé is a modern Vietnamese restaurant located in downtown Walnut Creek, one block from Lesher Center for the Arts. We offer a casual dining experience that delivers exceptional cocktails, wines, personable service and high quality food. Our menu is an update on classic Vietnamese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eleve Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Eleve Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- More for lessBling4foodDined on 5/23/2013The food was very flavorful. The restaurant was very neat and clean. Very open. There is outside seating available but it faces a busy Main Street. The noise level was non existent. There was all of ten people there including the staff on a Thursday evening at 6:30. The portions of food are very small and come with an extremely large price tag. I left hungry and ate at home. I will not go back. I cannot justify paying those prices. For one starter, entree, and side dish the price was around $50. There's no parking either. I had to pay for that as well. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fine...nothing special.PeterDined on 5/22/2013Food was fine...nothing special. We didn't really see any Vietnamese-inspired ingredients or tastes amongst the four entrees we ordered for lunch. The cocktail list looked very interesting but I would not go back for the food alone.
- Mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Awesome food and service. Great vegetarian optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013We had Mother's Day dinner at Eleve with my in-laws and my 7-year old daughter. I found everything on the menu to be very good, and lots of options based on your specific tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch. Service was professionPHdadVIPDined on 5/2/2013Great lunch. Service was professional but understaffed and slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious -but expensiveQuietVIPDined on 4/28/2013This was only our second visit in the past 2 1/2 years. The food is excellent, the setting lovely, the wine list is short and everything is pretty expensive. I'd come here again but will save it for a special dinner!Special Features:
- Food was wonderful, servicestgofwcVIPDined on 4/21/2013Food was wonderful, service matched it. Choice of indoor or outdoor dining is great. I'm not a big eggplant fan but I loved the eggplant dishes.Special Features:
- Great Vietnamese in WCOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2013My wife and love Vietnamese and Vietnamese fusion. Eleve definitely satisfied our cravings.Special Features:
- Loved the menus to start withOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013Loved the menus to start with - both food and wine menus! Did not check cocktails, but I suspect that was great too. Once food started coming it was a real treat to enjoy the evening. Got lucky with the weather and were able to sit outside, which also added to great experience we had. In the end Vietnamese coffee and simple, but decadent desserts were perfect too. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. WecatleenVIPDined on 4/19/2013The food was delicious. We had the papaya salad, yellow curry chicken, wok fried beef, bok Choy and brown rice. The Elder Sour cocktail is great! Restaurant was clean, low noise level.Special Features:
- Great food and drinks, lame serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2013Great food and drinks. Our waiter was scarce most of the night, and barely engaged in our service, so they made a few mistakes and forgot items, and when we asked someone to get our waiter, it took him more than 15 minutes to come out, and he generally seemed disinterested in taking care of us. Better, more attentive (or even just somewhat interested) service would have elevated this experience dramatically.Special Features:
- My wife has eaten here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2013My wife has eaten here before and had good food, we to had send back the calamari because super greasy and bland. $12 egg rolls that we could have got at any chinese restaurant for $3:95. My wife got the $28 scallops(3) that were overcooked and I got the Beef and it tasted like they used same sauce on both dishes. The waitress hardly came by the table and we had to have ask busboy for drinks and check. I would never walk through the door to this restaurant again!! as a matter of fact I will probably drive down another street so I don't get reminded of getting ripped off by this joke of a restaurant!!!
- Bay Area BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013This is an one of the unusual restaurants in the Bay. Across the board, it is superior. An enormous amount of thought, hard work and creativity has gone into it. It is a beautiful aesthetic ! I encourage you to go soon.Special Features:
- Interesting flavors, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Our meal was good, and we saw several unique dishes on the menu. The portions were a bit small for the price, but we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, again. TryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/13/2013Delicious food, again. Try the Dark and Stormy cocktail, it is very good.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.tom1938Dined on 4/13/2013Excellent food and service. Waiter Khai is always helpful and affable.Special Features:
- Elevation attained at EleveFim1ur12Dined on 4/12/2013Lovely restaurant. Beautifully presented food that was oh so delicious! Service was attentive and prices were reasonable. We will be returning for the food or their Pisco Sour Cocktail. Go it 's yummy and funSpecial Features:
- Odd restaurant, we poppeddisappointedVIPDined on 4/10/2013Odd restaurant, we popped in at Happy Hour and despite the modern open design and large bar, we felt as if we were at someone's personal party that we hadn't been invited to. The staff was less than uninterested in the customers and the atmosphere was not friendly or welcoming at all. No surprise then that the food smacked of the same: TINY portions and GIANT prices are definitely not getting my repeat business. But, if a place that presents itself an LA refugee (without the star power) appeals to you, then know that the food is actually tasty. The 5 bite sized pieces of calamari served in the "small plates" menu was well seasoned if a bit over-battered. The 5 slivers of beef on the carpaccio appetizer were tasty and full of fl
- Amazing food and great drinksOakCynVIPDined on 4/7/2013We had a fantastic dinner at Eleve last night. The food was excellent and the drinks were equally good. All of our dishes were very flavorful and super yummy. I'd give them 6 stars if possible. I can't wait to return on a warm evening to enjoy the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Fantastic as ever. SampledOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/4/2013Fantastic as ever. Sampled 8 items and each was delicious. And their hand crafted Moscow Mule's are possibly the best cocktail ever.!Special Features:
- Appetizers were good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Appetizers were good. The carppacio of beef had a little too much citrus for my palate. Imperial spring roll were execellent, Riesling Prawns were good. Entrees....Cubed Filet Mignon which (as I keep getting told) was one of the best things my girlfriend has eaten since being out in california (we are from the UK). Scallops were good. Garlic noodles were superb! Excellent Asparagus dish. Deserts....Creme brulee was the best we have ever tried, banana fritters were ok. Can highly recommend the cocktails. All were excellent. Tequila Sour with egg white was superb. They also had desert cocktails which worked extremely well. Quite expensive but probably due to having one too many cocktails!Special Features:
- Had lunch there previouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2013Had lunch there previously and was very impressed. Asked another couple to join us for dinner and we were all impressed. Friendly and knowledgeable waitpersons on staff. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant - Asian fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Great food and a fantastic wine list. The Mango salad was wonderful & the spring rolls good as well (the Thai peanut dipping sauce was phenomenal). The waitress, however, was just a little kooky! When asked to describe the difference btwn 2 salads, she described one as being prepared with "shaved unripe fruit" and not as good as the other (how odd!). The tipping point (no pun intended) was when we asked a waiter to have our waitress come (of which I saw him do), she stopped at 2 other tables on her way over before doing so. Being that clearly they were fine, I was a bit put off by that and down tipped her slightly. Food and service is everything, and gave her slightly below a 20% tip. Over all, it's a great place & I would go back.Special Features:
- Eleve lives up to its name- ChicBeachyGalDined on 3/16/2013This is a very chic venue. The decor does call attention to itself by its clearly designer design. This is not a bad thing. Cocktails were very well crafted in my view, original taste profiles and and not too sweet. Served in classic cocktail coupes, this adds to the feeling of being in a soignee joint. The food items nicely curated so one could have a good balance between delicate notes of seafood and fresh veg and the definitive meatiness of the killer Cornish game hen and the hunks o' filet. One less than perfect dish was the garlic noodles. These were tasty but too dry and the portion for three a wee bit skimpy. The molten chocolate cake dessert is also dated and offered nothing new by way a spice or presentation.Special Features:
- Always unique dishes and theirOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2013Always unique dishes and their Moscow Mule cocktail is outstanding, the best ever.Special Features:
- Limited menu but well done.munchyDined on 3/2/2013Limited menu but well done. We had salmon and pork clay pot. Both were delicious and uniquely prepared. All items are a la carte so it is a bit pricy, and a bit loud to be romantic. Interior nicely decorated and well located near the heart of town but with easy access and parking lots nearby.Special Features:
- Vibrant noisy bar sceneTravelgurudanvilleVIPDined on 3/2/2013The appetizers were very good, the sides were excellent but the mains were just ok. The noise level in this very small restaurant was intense, making it very difficult to carry on a conversation. Would probably not wanter past the small plates if we came back.Special Features:
- Great if you like spicy VietnamesetsunamiVIPDined on 3/2/2013Great if you like spicy Vietnamese food. Excellent choices but most are spicy so be prepared--great service and definitiely ask for recommendations the waiter was spot on...also very close to the Lesher center so a great spot for a before show meal or drink.Special Features:
- Our server was very delightfulDiningforpleasureVIPDined on 2/23/2013Our server was very delightful and when we had questions about ingredients she got us answers. Her service was outstanding and one of the reason I will return to Eleve.
- Noisy and on the pricey sideBelgoVIPDined on 2/22/2013The food was well-prepared although pricey for what you get. The least expensive salad was $12. The waiter was polite, but brought back the wrong dish (salmon instead of scallops). It's one of the noisiest restaurants I've ever been in. I had to cup my hands over my ears to hear what the person facing me was saying, and I had to cup my hands over my mouth in order to get her to understand me. Nothing terrible, but there are better choices in the area, and I don't enjoy going out when I can't carry on a normal conversation.Special Features:
- Too many of the items areOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013Too many of the items are spicy with no modification available.Special Features:
- Food is good. Expensive forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/17/2013Food is good. Expensive for dinner and menu selection limited. Fun to go to once in awhile.Special Features:
- Loving EleveTalkerDined on 2/15/2013Had a wonderful meal with great service. Not rushed at all and could sit and visit with my friend.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great food, great service. Menu is small, but we loved everything we tried. Moscow mule and vodka sour were delicious as well. Not an inexpensive place, but worth the extra money!Special Features:
- Drinks were awesome!!! BartendersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Drinks were awesome!!! Bartenders were the highlight. They make drinks right in front of u if ur at the bar, and taste amazing. $11 a drink though. Food prices are a little steep as well but tastes greatSpecial Features:
- Very Quiet at lunch time,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Very Quiet at lunch time, but i hear it really gets active on the weekends. The food was excellent and leftovers were a good reminder of just how good the meal was. I would and do recommend to others.Special Features:
- The food was beautifully presentedThankfullyCalifornianVIPDined on 2/10/2013The food was beautifully presented and the flavor of each of our dishes was surpurb. We ate downstairs near the bar so didn't see upstairs. The decor is contemporary but relaxing. Our wait staff was very attentive and each of our courses was served promptly. We will definitely be coming back again!Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/9/2013This was our first visit to Eleve. The service was great so were the cocktails. I had my fave Cosmo and my husband and our two frieds had Moscow Mule and we ordered second rounds. Food was great. Beef Carpaccio was small portion, but delicious. We also had tune carpaccio, great! I had hoisin chicken, delicious. My husband was not that impressed with stuffed calamari. Ribs were pretty good.Special Features:
- MehwcbrooksVIPDined on 2/8/2013Positives: 1. Shrimp Spring Rolls: Fresh, delicate, tasty. 2. Calamari: interesting presentation, good flavor. Could have used a light dipping sauce. 3. Yellow Curry with chicken. Negatives: 1. Brocolini dish: Tough, stringy, without flavor 2. Service. Friendly but inattentive waitstaff. Seemed to be under staffed. Took 40 minutes for our main order to come out-about 30 minutes after we had completed appetizers. 3. A very limited menu. All in all, our experience was okay, but with so many other good choices in the area, we won't be back anytime soon..Special Features:
- Need to go to Eleve!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2013I highly recommend this Eleve! food is amazing, and the decor and ambiance are just classy and elegant...Special Features: