Old Village Post House
101 Pitt Street
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Old Village Post House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oldvillageposthouse.com/
- Phone: 8433888935
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Frank Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tucked into Mt. Pleasant's historic Old Village, the Old Village Post House lends true Lowcountry charm and warm hospitality to events of all styles in all seasons.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Hajjar 8886413193
A word from Old Village Post House
The Old Village Post House is a neighborhood tavern and inn nestled in Mount Pleasant’s historic Old Village. In feel and décor, it’s as comfortable as your best friend’s home – from the original worn pine floors to our lively tavern. We delight in the quality of our producers and devote ourselves to skillful preparation that brings joy to both maker and guest. We believe the tastiest fare is even better with noteworthy wines and cocktails. And, we believe in only the warmest hospitality, whether you're joining us for an event, a cocktail, brunch, dinner or an overnight stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Old Village Post House - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Old Village Post House reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (154)special occasion (116)fit for foodies (114)romantic (87)great for brunch (54)great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (26)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014As always, a great evening with super food and wine pairing. Local sourcing and creative dishes make this a very special restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We celebrated 47 year anniversary there, and the food, staff, roses on the table were all very special, and it was just overall GREAT!Special Features:
- Top Charleston Dining:An Inn ThingEagerdinerDined on 6/8/2014Combined pleasure with business and received many recommendations for great dining in Charleston. Several friends supplied lists and we honed in on same restaurants appearing on multiple lists. The group that owns Old Village Post House Inn were noted on several lists so we decided to try it since it was near Charleston Harbor Resort where we stayed for 4 nights. We ate at two restaurants owned by a different restaurant group in Charleston for a lunch and dinner and still preferred and praised the exquisite food, charming setting and informed/professional service of the Old Village Post House Inn. A MUST try!Special Features:
- Isa999VIPDined on 6/8/2014Loved the veggie plate, maybe a little bit salty but great variety!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Ambience is very nice. Visited with old friends and it was quiet so conversation was easy. Tuna was recommended as excellent for appetizer and was tasteless. There are no entrees that are heart healthy. The beet salad was excellent. 2 of the 4 meals were incorrect with the wrong meat or no meat placed as ordered. For living in Charleston and the many options available, I will not be back there anytime in the near future. This was a disappointment since previous experiences were good
- SCgirlDined on 6/7/2014Great food-great service-interesting history in a charming neighborhood of old Mt. Pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucked OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014My husband and I went to the Old Village Post House to celebrate my second full year of teaching. It definitely did not disappoint! We somehow managed to get the upstairs room by ourselves. It was nice and quiet, and the food was very good. When we left the building, we went through the downstairs- the noise level jumped from 'quiet' to 'energetic'. The only downside was that the truffle fries were not as good as the last time we went- but they were still very good. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!kathVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had the Quail and Lamb for main course, but were very good. We always try to make the trip to Mt. Pleasant when we come to Charleston, it's worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1176 reviews are from the Old Village Post House reviews archive.
- Liked ItHmb1Dined on 6/1/2014Very good brunch after four days of eating out at all the top spots in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for our anniversaryeyemd7Dined on 5/31/2014We went to the Old Village Post House for our first wedding anniversary. They made the evening more than special for us, and treated us in the most amazing fashion. Our waitress, Danielle, was incredible and one of the friendliest and kind souls you would ever want to meet. She had great recommendations, and was extremely knowledgeable about the restaurant and the food. It was a true pleasure to dine, and although it was our first time eating there, I hope it will not be our last.Special Features:
- Delicious meal!dibernardi3000Dined on 5/30/2014My fiance and I ate here on a Friday night. It was very easy to get a reservation using open table. Great service and great food. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure thingRegularcustomerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Our dinner at The Post House was good, as always. The soft shell crab special was delicious and my mahi mahi was equally tasty. The difference on this occasion was our server, who was particularly cordial, courteous and efficient. She was a pleasure to work with. You can never go wrong with a dinner here. I think it is the best of the Maverick Group.Special Features:
- Good, but not outstanding.ayl14Dined on 5/30/2014Having been to OVPH many times, it's a good place to go for groups with a wide range of tastes (I, a vegetarian, my brother, a plain cheeseburgerian can both eat happily), but it's nothing that truly stands out. The hostesses tend to seem a bit indifferent or unorganized at times, and the wait staff ranges from great and attentive to details to more focused on socializing with coworkers. The food is generally good, but the vegetable plate (usually the only vegan/strict vegetarian option) lacks presentation and creativity like the meat-based meals. Overall, it's a fine place to eat dinner or have brunch, but it's not one for special occasions or stand-out food.Special Features:
- Nice local gemCougdudeDined on 5/27/2014Great experience with this local gem. Downtown quality without the traffic ! Somewhat limited menu but well balanced. Likewise wine list not extensive but good choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableHappyVIPDined on 5/25/2014Always love the Old Village Post. Softshell crab was excellent, although not so crazy about the accompanying ramps... a little too chewy. The halibut was moist and delightful.Special Features:
- Get the shrimp and gritspstrong4Dined on 5/25/2014I had chicken and waffles. Just OK. Nothing special. I've always had the shrimp and grits and that is much better.Special Features:
- wonderfulclark010Dined on 5/25/2014My boyfriend and I ventured over to Mt. Pleasant for Sunday brunch, and we both thoroughly enjoyed Old Village Post House. It was one of the highlights of our Charleston trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the servermhstarkeyDined on 5/24/2014Paula waited on us and we sat upstairs. She chose my spouses meal and it was so good. The service was great. We'll go back!!Special Features:
- Perfect SizeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2014If you are looking for a great location w/ a cozy atmosphere this is the place. The menu is small but great, you won't have a problem finding a course that suits you. The outside patio is nice when the weather permits and they have larger rooms upstairs if you need more space for a large party.Special Features:
- Good brunch place.2pagesDined on 5/18/2014We enjoy taking our guests to brunch at the Post House. Always something new to look forward to on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/17/2014Tucked into the Old Mt. Pleasant neighborhood, this sweet tiny spot has a "locals" feel you don't find in the bustling food scene that has become downtown Charleston. All the "foodie" benefits like craft cocktails, inspired food, & tasty desserts without the celebrity chefs & long wait. Would do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great solid choice for nice dinnerLovingLifeinCharlestonDined on 5/17/2014We got exactly what we expected: very good food, good service, nice atmosphere all at a reasonable price. We'll go back. We'll recommend to others.Special Features:
- Unique restaurant in Mount PleasantluvgdfoodVIPDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal here with superb dish of shrimp and grits and salmon served over carrot puree. The setting is very inviting in the historic old post office. Will certainly return here on our next trip to Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caught on bad night I guessEddieVIPDined on 5/13/2014We were seated in bar area actually a good table by the window... The oyster appetizer was fantastic... Unfortunately downhill from there there was no service I had to get up twice to get a drink... I had the pork chop special ...ordered medium..came back rare...couldnt make a Mai Tai, said she followed her book recipe... They were closing up breaking down I was having dinner took away from what was left of night... Not sure if I would go backSpecial Features:
- FoodieDined on 5/11/2014It was our first visit and we'll definitely return since there were several entrees that sounded wonderful. Had crab soup as a starter and it was one of the best in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impress!noneDined on 5/11/2014I have NEVER been disappointed with the Old Village Post House. However because this was Mother's Day (we ate at 5:30 with my 90 year old Mom) I was surprised that the service was much slower than it usually is. That's my only criticism.Special Features:
- Excellent Mothers Day Dining !Rkeyes85VIPDined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful visit with outside seating -- perfect temperature and experience. A Mount Pleasant village gem !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014We had such a nice dinner at the Post House! Busy Friday night but it didn't seem hectic in the restaurant. Great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdays & Mothers Day CelebrationNJTransplantsDined on 5/9/2014Since we had two birthdays this week and Mothers Day on Sunday we combined them with friends for dinner out. We dine at the Post House often, as the service and food are always excellent and you can talk at the table and be heard!Special Features:
- Wonderful restuarantJoelDined on 5/7/2014Great food and service. Would highly recommend. This is an excellent neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Quaint neighborhood gemEmilyDined on 5/4/2014This restaurant is located in a charming little Inn in Old Village, Mount Pleasant. They have a great outdoor patio, stellar service, and delicious food. Wonderful brunch place!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Brunch2pagesDined on 5/4/2014This place provides one of our favorites for brunch in the Charleston area. Though it wasn't on the menu this trip we love their huevous rancheros when they are available. Chicken and waffles was unusual and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trvlngDined on 4/29/2014Worth the time finding this wonderful place. If you are from out of town a gps is a necessitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingjwrocVIPDined on 4/28/2014went on a Monday night...arrived apologetically late for reservation...they were most hospitable waiter made excellent small talk...food was served in appetizing manner...And was REALLYgood. (salmon and braised lamb) will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Great Event Celebration RestaurantFoodieGalileoDined on 4/27/2014Truly a fine establishment. A crown jewel obviously. Ambiance, and service all to perfection. Our food was excellent. Definitely on our outstanding list of Charleston's finest eateries. The personal touch by all who hosted us was fantastic. Will definitely revisit no matter what the occasion, 70th birthday or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Post HouseDadof5Dined on 4/27/2014Well prepared and served dinner on Saturday. My dinner of soft shelled carb was excellent. Large and tasty. Other entrée, Bistro steak was flavorful bit just slightly chewy. Spinach salad and roasted romaine Caesar was very good. Too full to have desert this time. Still highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousSullygirlDined on 4/26/2014Just a beautiful setting and impeccable service , with outstanding food... What more can you want?Special Features:
- Great EveningDanielDined on 4/26/2014We celebrated a special occasion Sat. eve. The food was wonderful. Especially the salmon and also the vegetable dish. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningJmdiningoutDined on 4/25/2014Great service and consistent great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food was lackingFitFoodieVIPDined on 4/24/2014Food conceptually sounded delicious. Presentation was great and service was phenomenal. The food just doesn't compare with other restaurants in Charleston. Needed a little more flavor and flare.