EDGE Restaurant & Bar
1111 14th St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
EDGE Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgerestaurantdenver.com/
- Phone: 3033893343x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am -2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm , Friday - Saturday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Simon Purvis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There are three smartly designed, glassed-in private dining areas, one featuring a carving station with views into the visually-appealing chef’s kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Daniel 3033893146x
- Entertainment: There will be a DJ Thursday and Saturday nights in EDGE Bar playing from 8pm-midnight spinning the latest hits.
- Special Events: Like us on Facebook for the most up to date news and events! www.facebook.com/#/EDGErestaurant.Denver
- Cross Street: Arapahoe St.
- Public Transit: *Lawrence & 14th- Bus 15
*15th & Arapahoe- buses 10,12,28,32,38, 44 & 44L
*15th & Curtis- buses 2,9,15,15L & 20
*Market Street station at 16th street for buses to the surrounding cities & towns
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet Parking
A word from EDGE Restaurant & Bar
Welcome to EDGE Restaurant & Bar, the striking, urban chic addition to Denver’s vibrant restaurant scene. EDGE offers all day dining experiences catering to the power breakfast and the social crowd with seasonal al fresco dining. At dinner, this modern American steakhouse offers primarily Colorado-ranched natural, grass and corn fed meats with an array of Rocky Mountain game to compliment a variety of progressive menu selections. For small events and intimate dining, EDGE Restaurant offers three smartly designed, glassed-in private dining areas, one featuring a carving station with views into the visually-appealing chef's kitchen. The adjacent, stylish and lively EDGE Bar offers an inspiring twist to the familiar and an innovative tapas-style menu. Throughout, the knowledgeable staff will graciously provide intuitive service in a warm, comfortContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
EDGE Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
EDGE Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (70)romantic (51)notable wine list (49)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (35)hot spot (25)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 5/15/2014Excellent food, excellent Service!! Great. For special occasions as the menu is a bit pricy, but worth every dime!! I love wine choices and the fact that they don't nickel and dime you to death with the question: do you want a 5 or 8 ounce glass....I absolutely abhor that idea!! THANKS TO A CLASSY RESTAURANTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SophisticatedSikSekDined on 5/13/2014The restaurant was very sophisticated. Had a nice ambiance. The entrance of the restaurant was a little bit hard to find, even though it was by the lobby. The service was good, the server did nothing wrong. He knew how to handle a yelp coupon when we asked about it. The food was good. The oysters were not as fresh as I hoped, but the steak and scallops had a good timing on them.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceTheCsDined on 5/13/2014Our favorite part about coming to this restaurant is the great service, and our most recent trip was no exception. The food was delicious - we really liked the peppercorn sauce for our filet mignon. Lovely wine list - the La Roche Rosé is among our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsfoodfiendDined on 5/11/2014Last year my family and I had a wonderful Mother's Day brunch at the Edge. This year the food was marginal and they eliminated the dessert buffet which was a huge hit with the kids last year. One of my children only ate a bowl of cereal and hot chocolate and that was 14$!! For the price, I expect excellent service and food, neither of which we had. The mimosas and coffee were the only saving grace for breakfast.
- rock bandcharlesDined on 5/10/2014they had a rock band playing outside the front doors...soooo loud it was not the romantic evening we planed for our anniversity..
- jspsVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have had brunch a few times and the food is always great. The surroundings are elegant and sophisticated. We certainly will return again.Special Features:
- Wonderfully preparred foodahildDined on 5/9/2014Great find on travelzoo. Very nice atmosphere, great flavors and close to the theater!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJustMeDined on 5/7/2014We splurged a little for our anniversary. We chose this restaurant because it was close to the theater. The service was great and friendly. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Great "new" findRevTomVIPDined on 5/3/2014Our first visit to Edge (steps away from the performing arts center) was great, even though we did make the mistake of being their in the middle of the Derby celebration downtown, so the noise level was extremely high - I'm sure it's not always like that. But the food was outstanding, from appetizers through dessert, and our waitperson was probably the best I have ever experienced. And the thing I particularly enjoyed was all the smiles on the faces of everyone working there, even though it was a very busy evening. Great place- pricey, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014I am never disappointed at the Edge! Wonderful service and spectacular foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch Professional StaffbballyDined on 4/27/2014We booked this brunch because of its location to the Theatre. Food was great, service is most excellent. I always worry as my 24 year old son has an allergy to milk. Waiter had no problems finding the items he could eat. The offerings are well made and presented beautifully. Nice thing for Sunday was I Valet the car, the restaurant validates the parking so no charge save for the tipping of the valets, then off to the show come back to the Four Season and pick up the car!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Had to wait 20 minutes past reservation time. Food and service were greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTableUserVIPDined on 4/26/2014EDGE may offer wonderful deals through TravelZoo Vouchers, but they treat you like second class citizens if/when you use them. This is the second time this has happened with a voucher unlike other visits without one. Our waiter was mostly nonexistent or curt when he bothered to show up at our table. Four Seasons "talks the talk" about exemplary customer service, but they do not "walk the walk". Apparently, it is not included when you purchase a discounted meal. And a forty minute delay being seated with a reserved time. Shame on them!
- Good but expensiveLeeCDined on 4/26/2014The food was good but not outstanding, especially for the price. Our waiter was pretty much non existent. If it wasn't for the support staff the service would have been rated very poorly. Overall an ok restaurant but nothing incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2014This is a very nice setting with the feel of an upscale steakhouse. The service was stellar, they seemed to read our minds. The food, however, was far too expensive for what was served. The salads were fine, but "The Edge" of fat encasing our porterhouse steak was upsetting. The steak was good, but with the amount of fat we discarded it fell far short of the promised size. The sautéed mushrooms were tasty, but there were so few we felt robbed. We've been to several high-end steakhouses: Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Elway's, Shanahan's, Ocean Prime, Capital Grill, and the like. These are all great places, in the same price range, but offer more bang for your buck. If I'm going to spend $$$$ for a nice dinner, The EDGE just doesn't stack up.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/25/2014Great place for date night. Food was excellent and service top notch. Our waiter was very knowledgeable on menu and wine list. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- RegularCustomerVIPDined on 4/25/2014Good as usual. A get place to take out of towners.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Wine, & ServiceWineauxDined on 4/24/2014This was my first time at EDGE. I was there for a date. The wait staff was very knowledgable about every item on the menu that we had questions about as well as the wine menu. He made excellent recommendations. The food was amazing. The pecan wood grill they use to cook their steaks leaves them with an excellent flavor. We also had the truffle fries - also excellent!! The only 2 non-perfect-for-the-night aspect were the lighting and the noise. It was quite loud towards the end of our dinner so we had a hard time hearing each other. The lighting is great date-night lighting, but at first glance our steaks looked MW rather than MR & M, but upon moving the cut piece to the other side of my plate it was perfect Medium!Special Features:
- At the EdgefoodeezeVIPDined on 4/23/2014We dine here on a regular basis before the theater. The food and service are superb. We especially like the wine list, the sea food and the optional side dishes (e.g., brussels sprouts).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pricey but outstanding foodhookedoncoDined on 4/19/2014Most everything is ala carte. The filet was seared almost black on the outside so it made me wonder how is would be on the inside. I ordered medium and it was perfect! The crab cake appetizer was awesome as was the lemon crème brule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but very good foodColoradoFanDined on 4/17/2014We visited on a Travelzoo voucher, which made the dinner affordable, although the tip (on the reported 'value," which was a bit overstated), was a much as the 3-course meal for two. Nevertheless, the scallop and foie gras appetizers were excellent, the buffalo rib eye was outstanding, and the lamb chops were perfectly prepared. The caesar salad with black kale was a bit of a limp disappointment, although the parmesan crisp was delicious if messy. Duncan, our server, was just-right attentive, and made excellent recommendations. Be aware that the bar outside is very lively and noisy, if you are sitting near the restaurant entrance.Special Features:
- Best serviceBdayDined on 4/13/2014Snowy night with great service and good food. Our server was very knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Edge Rises Above!DeliciousDined on 4/6/2014Yes, I know there are tons of restaurants that serve great steak, lamb, seafood, etc., in downtown Denver. But - is there one that also has impeccable service, great ambiance and a beautiful elegant dining room? That's The Edge. In the Four Seasons Hotel. The best word to describe our experience is "uplifting". There was nothing about the experience that was less than spectacular. We were a party of four with four different taste styles. So, we had lamb and we had bison and vegetables and different types of salads. A fun option is the different sauces you can order with your meals, so we each had something different and shared. All were delicious. The wine list was impeccable. I had a Malbec that was the best. Great Place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningCOCrazyDined on 4/5/2014Service was outstanding!!! Food delicious. Steaks, a ribeye and a filet.....excellent. Some of the best in Denver. Appetizers were ok....nothing great. Had the wedge salad and shrimp and crab cocktail. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinnerDaniePoNYCODined on 4/5/2014Food was delicious. The steaks and truffle Mac n cheese bites were amazing. Service was exceptional. Our server Steve was top notch. He helped make the evening extra special. The chef also treated us to an amuse bouche between our salads and main course. Overall a wonderful experience and would highly recommend to anyone that wants to experience a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC DINING EXPERIENCEMRSSDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant is located inside the Four Seasons Hotel, just one block from the Performing Arts Center. The dining room is BEAUTIFUL, modern with dark walls, fireplace and glass-enclosed private dining rooms. The bar scene is very upscale and hip. We ordered cocktails, duck entree and carrot cake dessert, pre-theater. The food was delicious! You will NOT be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly staffJoshuaTalleyDined on 4/1/2014There is much to enjoy here. I didn't find it to be a mind-altering experience, but found everything enjoyable. Very nice place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steaks- but a bit loudjaneeyre96VIPDined on 3/26/2014The ribeye steak was delicious. But the bar was having a function and made the dining room very loud. It was hard to hear ourselves talk even though they tried to sit us in the side furtherest away. The bass was kind of a miss- it wasn't seasoned enough and the crab on top was dry and mushy.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Galore!52804foodVIPDined on 3/22/2014What wonderful additions to your menu! Thank You!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inside the Four SeasonsvisitingvegasDined on 3/21/2014Arrived early and directed to the bar. Reservation acknowledged, and returned at time directed and table not ready. Staff did not communicate, but host provided a glass of champagne during additional wait. Service excellent, menu choices discussed, high end beef excellent, worth trying once in your life, but know that carefully tended cows command double the price. Only side dish that was an experiment was the mac and cheese, which would have done better in the comfort food style of oven browning for the finish. Excellent drinks, wine list, desserts. Great choice for dinner close to hotels, convention center, staying downtown. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edge restaurant3catloverVIPDined on 3/21/2014I have been there many times and the food is top notch and so is the service however it is a bit noisy for my taste. But I will return to the restaurant and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceSelinaDined on 3/20/2014The food, service, and ambiance at EDGE was perfect. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, and the service was outstanding. Our waiter was very accommodating, helpful, and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just off a bitjimmycVIPDined on 3/19/2014They tried, but it dows not measure up to a top notch steak house. Too loud to carry on conversations, waiter a little too into the food.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceJaneDined on 3/18/2014Everything about our evening was delightful and the service was nothing short of perfect (Steve was our server), from the valet to the folks at the podium to a remarkable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not tasty andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014The food was not tasty and the presentation left a lot to be desired. Also, there was not much of it for the price. I will not be returning.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The food was amazing but the service was spotty. As I observed the others bing served around us, I noticed a great variation in the service level we experienced vs others. If I were to do a comparison to a similar restaurant , the staff would have a great deal to learn, just by dining at the Capitol Grill. If the service was better, the Edge would have a really big hit. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdgeKokoBDined on 3/14/2014The 10oz filet is one of the best steaks I've had. We've visited twice and both visits the service was outstanding, the food delicious and overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.HunterWVIPDined on 3/13/2014Our first experience at Edge was a good one. The food was excellent (NY strip for me, salmon for my wife), the service impeccable and the wine list deep. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The decor is rich and dark and is far enough away from the lively bar that no noise spills over into the dining area. On the downside, it is fully priced, mostly a la carte, and sides are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usual!AwesomeVIPDined on 3/12/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The service was wonderful, our waiter was friendly, very knowledgable about the wine list & gave us great food recommendations. The wine was wonderful. The salad, oysters, grilled asparagus, filets & desserts were delicious. Being gluten free The Edge has an amazing baked Alaska with flour less chocolate cake, salted butterscotch ice cream, meringue with caramel sauce & nuts on the side. Sooooo good. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband Mike and I justOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2014My husband Mike and I just love The Edge. Steve F waited on us and he was so phenomenal. He has waited on us before and we've asked him to wait on us both nights when we come back for Wine/Dine and Unwind this weekend! Kathleen L. Mello-NelsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.