Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center
8701 World Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriottworldcenter.com/
- Phone: 4072388664x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Greg Picard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The newly renovated Mikado Japanese Steak House located in the Orlando World Center Marriott offers private seating for 18 guests and semi-private for 36.
- Private Party Contact: Affiliate Specialist 4072388751x
A word from Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center
Welcome to Mikado's Japanese Steakhouse. Enjoy watching our talented Chefs prepare an authentic Japanese meal right in front of you on our hibachi grill. Are you in the mood for sushi? Have a seat at the sushi bar and watch as our Sushi Chef prepares a delightful dish right before your eyes. This restaurant includes a great selection of wine, sake, and specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (6)romantic (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- The restaurant is only intendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2012The restaurant is only intended for Teppanyaki. If you do not want to have Teppanyaki, the sushi menu is extremely limited. Last year we had the Teppanyaki - everything was cooked and soaked with soya sauce. This time, we selected sushi only and were only allowed to sit at the bar. The service was poor. The bartender was our waiter, the attention was sparse. One item was mistakenly ordered as something else and another order was not placed at all. The green tea was just plain water, even though we get charged for the 'green tea'. By the way, we got a surcharge for 'hot food'- $8 per person since we did not opt for Teppanyaki. This place is only good for tourists. If you want any autheticity, don't go there.
- A perfectly fine upscale teppanyakiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2012A perfectly fine upscale teppanyaki hut. Overpriced for what it is, but this close to Disney, you can't expect too much.
- A little disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012We were a little disappointed in Mikado Japanese Steak House. We like to go to these types of restaurants but this one was not as good as we are use to. Our waiter brought us the bill and forgot to give us our free dessert but charged us for another dessert that he brought to our talbe which I thought was the free dessert. He corrected the problem once I brought it to his attention. The service was very good but the food could have been much better.Special Features:
- A small work group attendedBillHVIPDined on 1/5/2012A small work group attended for dinner and all enjoyed. Food was excellent and they handled some special requests very well. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- I would have given strongerMikeVIPDined on 1/1/2012I would have given stronger recommentations if it wasn't so expensive. The service was mediocre. The Hibachi performance was OK. Entries cost $30+++. Not worth it.
- The only negative was thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011The only negative was that it took far too long for staff to figure out how to apply a gift card towards payment. Other than that, the meal was delicious.Special Features:
- Meal was expensive for a JapaneseMikePVIPDined on 12/15/2011Meal was expensive for a Japanese steakhouse, but the portions were enormous. Food was cooked well. Standard show by the chef, but extremely pleasant.
- For the ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2011I ordered a rare seared tuna. When I saw the chef put my meat on first, I should have said something. I would have complained, but I was in a group of board members for which I was hosting the dinner, so I elected not to be cranky about the substandard food. The tuna steak was rubbery and ovedone - awful actually!
- Great Evening OutKieranxmanDined on 11/22/2011Great experience overall! We celebrated my wife's birthday. Kid friendly, personable cook and wait staff.... Drinks were refilled without asking... Food was superb!Special Features:
- disappointing as rated againstCleoVIPDined on 11/11/2011disappointing as rated against other restaurants of this type "chef" not very interactive with group
- Bland food, don't bother!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2011I've eaten at many hibachi steakhouses across the country. Mikado was probably the most disappointing experience I've had. Seafood was over cooked. Food was bland. The restaurant was beautiful and initially boosted my expectations for the food.
- This is the best JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011This is the best Japanese Steak Houses in the world. It is so much fun and the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- Great dining for groups!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2011We brought my mother and our 7 month old and 3 year old sons. It was great fun for all of us. The kids menu was perfect for my 3 year old since he loves shrimp and rice. The server could not have been more attentive. She was constantly clearing plates since there is limited space at the table. The chef was very entertaining and skilled as well. My filet mignon and salmon were cooked perfectly. The fact that it was located in our hotel was just icing on the cake!Special Features:
- We were a large group, andBabstravelsVIPDined on 10/2/2011We were a large group, and came in late, so I recognize that must have been a challenge. The food was good, and service attentive, but the restaurant was out of many (3 or more) of the 8 or so menu choices, including all fish items which challenged our non-meat eatting colleagues. Otherwise good experience.Special Features:
- My family and I were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2011My family and I were very disappointed. We have experienced many Japanese steakhouses over the years, including in Japan. This one was barely palatagble. The sauces were flavorless, the shrimp had not been cleaned - veins still in them and were overcooked. He nearly shreaded our filet mignon instead of slicing it. We had to wait 15 minutes before we were seated, with no explanination or apologies. This was a very special 40th birthday celebration and we left disappointed.
- The steak was cooked perfectly...teOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2011The steak was cooked perfectly...tender and delicious! The shrimp however was overcooked and rubbery! Overall it was a nice dinner and a great fun environment.Special Features:
- Really enjoy our dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2011Really enjoy our dining experience. A bit expensive but great for a treat. Quality of food was excellent. We had a birthday in our group and they even brought ice cream with a candle which was a nice surprise.Special Features:
- I love this place. Its a niceGirlyVIPDined on 7/16/2011I love this place. Its a nice place to eat dinner with friends or just romantic dinner. I have been visit this restaurant around 4 times.Special Features:
- I was looking for romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2011I was looking for romantic and did not find it at all. A good restaurant if you are staying at the hotel.Special Features:
- Have been to Mikado's manyDROSHDined on 6/29/2011Have been to Mikado's many times over the years. The food never disappoints and the service is always up to Marriott quality. Table Chef could have had more personality, but all in all the dining experience was excellent.Special Features:
- We were a little disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2011We were a little disapointed because we went for the sushi and the sushi menu only had eight items to choose from. It's mostly a hibachi restaurant with a sushi bar as an after thought. The sushi was good but just not a large selection.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2011Absolutely fantastic meal - by far, the best Japanese ever had! Portions were extremely generous but the quality of the meat and seafood were outstanding!! If only I lived in Orlando!! Thanks again!
- We were slightly dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2011We were slightly dissapointed in the overall quality of the food. We have been to Mikados at the Palm Springs Marriott many times and love the food, however this location didn't compare. Also the chef did not put on much of a show and wasn't very interactive. If someone didn't know the difference it might be okay, but for us we do and it wasn't worth the price.Special Features:
- Food was boring, Teppan chefOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2011Food was boring, Teppan chef was uninteresting. Too bad because we love Teppan cooking and were looking forward to this. Actually the entire Marriott World Center stay was like that. Extremely sub-par for a Marriott; wish we had stayed at the one next to the Ritz again. Service and food were delightful there last time we stayed.
- We arrived on time with aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2011We arrived on time with a reservation and felt rushed to order and eat fast from that point on. The food was good but regular items like bean sprouts were missing. The prices for what you get are extremely high and not worth it! 3 adults with a beer each and dinner should not cost $200! I will not be back!
- You get alot of food for acuselax25Dined on 5/21/2011You get alot of food for a pretty good price! Show is also great!Special Features:
- Very good food -- except myChristineDined on 5/14/2011Very good food -- except my scallops did not taste fresh. The filet and salmon were very good.Special Features:
- You don't want to miss this one!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2011Great food with lots of options. The sushi was the best I have tasted! Excellent service and an excellent customer service oriented table chef. This restaurant offers both entertainment and exquisite food all in one experience.Special Features:
- Typical Japanese steak house.AlchemistRangerVIPDined on 4/28/2011Typical Japanese steak house. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. Since it is part of the resort the prices are very high. Great if you are trapped at the hotel.Special Features:
- Great Service! Great HibachiTKdinerVIPDined on 4/7/2011Great Service! Great Hibachi experience with excellent food!Special Features:
- Large shared tables aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2011Large shared tables around hot plates and food preparation which is nicely done. No privacy and not romantic. Food is good and service obliging. Conversation difficult. I would recommend it for groups that are hungry and if you are alone after a meeting take a seat - you will not be alone for sure!Special Features:
- Very Good Experience...RenMomOf2Dined on 3/15/2011It was a bit different than our favorite Japanese Steakhouse in our hometown...but it was still very good. The food was good...the service was good...the atmosphere was quiet, but not stuffy. Really good experience. Our seven year old daughter enjoyed it as well...and was given a neat plastic grip to help her to use her chopsticks. Overall, a very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Good food. The table "chef"OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2011Good food. The table "chef" was entertaining. A little pricey, but great for a corporate dinner.Special Features:
- Great place for a group celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011Great place for a group celebration and fun time. Servers put on a show that keeps everyone laughing and talking.Special Features:
- Let me start by saying weRandyDined on 2/21/2011Let me start by saying we really enjoyed the meal itself although the timing and service was poor at best. The cook was so off on his timing that I was finished with my entre before my dinner guest (my son)received his in plate. The cook served everyone fried rice and forgot about my son so he had to get more ingredients and make a separate order. It was served after my son finished his entre. After our plates had been cleared, my white rice arrived. To add to this, the couple next to us received the wrong sashimi order and it came at the completion of all the table meals. This caused some real tension at the table. Finally, the couple above was presented a bill with the wrong items on it and moments later I was presented withSpecial Features:
- Service and atmosphere wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2011Service and atmosphere were excellent, food was hit or miss.Special Features:
- Food was ok at best, appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2011Food was ok at best, appetizer never came when the waitress realized it we were already having dinner . Also added 20%to our bill at that time my wife and I were done .we didn't complain we just paid and left.
- I've eaten here a couple ofOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/11/2011I've eaten here a couple of times. It's set up like a typical tepanyaki place. Stay away from the steak unless you like your meat really cooked...the pieces are cut so small that they can't do a proper medium well. I had the lobster, which was very good.Special Features:
- Very nice Japanese steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2011Very nice Japanese steakhouse! Great food - scallops were huge and everything tasted perfect! Also ordered the Nuts and Berries Martini on a whim - tasted like a white russian - delish!!!!! Would definitely recommend!!!Special Features:
- Nice sized portions. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Nice sized portions. The food was very fresh. We felt that there was a bit too much seasoning added at the end of the cooking which was not needed with such fresh meat and seafood. Also, we would have preferred that the vegetables be kept warm on the grill and served with the main dish so that it didn't get cold before the main course was served.Special Features: