1520 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.estadio-dc.com/
- Phone: 2023191404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
A word from Estadio
From the talents behind Proof, Estadio recently debuted on trendy 14th St NW, above Logan Circle. According to blog.zagat.com 'offering contemporary takes on regional classics in pintxos, tapas and entree-sized portions, along with sandwiches on housemade bread, all washed down by Iberian wines (many under $10 a glass) and frozen alcoholic slushies; the über-stylish setting incorporates decorative wrought iron, reclaimed timber, colorful tiles and themed murals, with seating at a large concrete bar, a marble counter facing the open kitchen and window-side tables perfect for scoping the vibrant street scene.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
Estadio - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
Estadio reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (43)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (36)good for groups (29)notable wine list (28)romantic (27)great for brunch (18)late-night find (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent experiencegr8diningDined on 6/21/2014One of the best restaurants I've ever been to. Great food, service and environment. Couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The waitress and hostess were too bothered to smileSpecial Features:
- Estadio is where it's atFrankDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Estadio twice and each time the food has absolutely blown my mind. The food is ridiculously good. Foods that I don't even like tasted good.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014We came to DC from Philly for the weekend and this restaurant was recommended by a coworker. The food was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and very well presented. The waitress was very knowledgeable and we had a fantastic time. Only bad part was we are late night folks so the fact they don't take reservations for 2 past 6 was a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my fav places in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/4/2014I travel to DC often - this is a must place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Baddyuen34VIPDined on 6/2/2014So I heard this place is really hard to get a reservation to. Now the food isn't bad, but it was not spectacular. After eating at Zaytinya earlier in the day, Estadio left us underwhelmed. The scallops were the star of the evening. We also had the Patatas Bravas which were average. The Jumbo Lump Blue Crab with Tomato and Jalapeno was also pretty good. I liked the hint of spice against the smoothness of the crab. The Braised Beef Short Rib was just plain bad. It was bland. It wasn't tender. And the flavor wasn't too good. Finally we had the street corn. Luckily that was good and removed the foul taste from the short rib from our palettes.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent tapas. Innovative dishes. Great drinks. Solid desserts. Really really good.Special Features:
- Best Restuarant in DCDCfoodieDined on 5/30/2014Having dined at a large majority of the top restaurants in DC, my experience at Estadio topped my personal list. The food was incredible and the cocktails were exciting and delicious. Don't missed the grilled octopus!Special Features:
- Great food;little tabletksfoodieDined on 5/30/2014The food was fantastic. We went with one of the server's recommendation and it was delicious. We were seated at a very small tabel next to the kitchen and the bar. My only complaint was the table location and size. It would have been fine if we were only having drinks but we were there for dinner and wanted to sample a variety of the offerings. When making reservations make sure to request a table near a window or in the main area. They are much larger and better suited for tapas. The service was great; prompt and knowledgeable. The hostesses however were far less than welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014My friends and I rushed to make our reservation only to learn that there were only 4 other tables seated when we arrived. By not making more tables available on the reservation system, you likely lose potential guests. And the party of 6 or more rule is bad.
- The following 556 reviews are from the Estadio reviews archive.
- Delicious!nnirvanaDined on 5/18/2014We loved the ambiance and the food was different, unusual and delicious! Service was excellent and all the staff friendly. This is a favorite spot discovered when needed a dining spot close to Studio Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum for hubby's b'dayColtraneDined on 5/18/2014My hubby and I went on a Sunday evening to avoid the weekend crowds. We ordered 7 plates: duck, scallops, bacon, crudo, porkbelly sandwich, kale, and the quince pintxos; all delicious. The pace was nice and not rushed. Our server was fine, but underwhelming. I would have liked an actual check-in to make sure everything was fine. After ordering and receiving our food, she walked by often, but never actually talked to us until all our plates had come out. She checked if we wanted more food and when we ordered a few more plates, the same events occurred (walking by, but not actually checking-in.) Maybe that's how they're supposed to do it, but I felt a little neglected. Food removal and water service was prompt. The food is worth the return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchRockcreekparkVIPDined on 5/16/2014Friends from NYC and we had a delightful lunch at Estadio. It was quiet, service was good and the selection outstanding (tapas).Special Features:
- DeliciousStephRDined on 5/15/2014Estadio was chosen as my husband loves shared plates and is a bit of a foodie. This was a pleasurable evening out for his birthday! The atmosphere is rustic and chic, and the low lighting makes for a romantic dinner. The food was flavorful and the portions were perfect for sharing. The waiter made strong recommendations for what to try. The timing of dishes was great, as they were staggered in their arrival to the table allowing us time to work on one or two before the next arrived. Our only complaint was the noise level. The vibrant bar scene looked fun for those at the bar, but for us, made for feeling a little bit crowded and made it difficult at times to hear each other in conversation. Would definitely still return again!Special Features:
- Really greatBrennaDined on 5/11/2014Great menu, great wine list, great food. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- awesome, as always!betaraceDined on 5/11/2014haven't been to Estadio in about a year (I live in rural VA) and came back to find the same familiar favorites, many new and wonderful additions and the same fine service. Do not miss the house Old Raj Gin/Tonic, it's one of the top 5 drinks I have ever had!Special Features:
- Authentic TapashsimonusaVIPDined on 5/8/2014Wonderful tapas restaurant with an abundance of small plates with fresh ingredients and wonderfully blended flavors. Excellent wine list. Feels like a fine tapas place you would find in Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Recommendation !!loveeatingoutDined on 5/3/2014When we come down to visit our daughter, we continue to try all the local neighborhood restaurants from Logan Circle into Dupont Circle. Estadio was outstanding !! After a Saturday night dinner I woke up the next day thinking that next time we come back for a visit, we are going here again (and again!) Tapas style their Brussel Sprouts and their Braised Short Ribs were so good, our table ordered two more plates. The Apple Bread Pudding was delicious as was their cheesecake. Our table of 6 people all walked out of the restaurant saying we are definitely coming backSpecial Features:
- kateDined on 4/29/2014Would definitely go back. Everything we ordered was great. However the noise level was a bit too high for us.Special Features:
- Never disappointed here!kms8Dined on 4/29/2014This was my third visit to Estadio and the food (the brussels sprouts! the pork belly sliders! the manchego cheesecake!), service, and beverages were all outstanding. Also appreciate their social media team chiming in with my friends and I on Twitter before our arrival! Looking forward to the next visit already.Special Features:
- Tapas lovers, take note.BeaglydogDined on 4/26/2014This is a great tapas place with some of the best food we've ever eaten, and knowledgeable servers. A few more dry rose wines would be a good addition to the wine list, but overall, it was a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Deluxeluv2eatVIPDined on 4/25/2014We took out of town family members here for their farewell dinner. The server was outstanding. The menu was rich in slections, the food was served hot and in a reasonable time. The food was excellent and the chef has a way to entice one's tastebuds. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic food with great bar menuSolaxDined on 4/24/2014I absolutely love Estadio. Being from a Spanish family, I am pretty particular about tapas restaurants and I find Estadio to be just excellent. It is more of a non-traditional tapas place in that you will find very standard tapas dishes found in Spain but also new combinations of different ingredients that are surprisingly delicious. The $7.00 for a glass of calimocho (boxed red wine and Coke) is simply ridiculous but the bar menu is otherwise excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and funSueqDined on 4/15/2014Estadio has great tapas. This really works because if you order one thing that doesn't work out there will be others that are scrumptious. This makes experimentation feasible and fun, especially with a group. All their fish and shellfish tapas are fresh well prepared and very tasty. The scallops, squid and halibut tapas were really delicious.Special Features:
- Good experiencePetraDined on 4/15/2014My first time at Estadio. I brought friends from out of town and they loved it. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and very helpful in providing recommendations. We all enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time to Estadio andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014second time to Estadio and it was perfect. Our waiter was great-attentive with great recommendations but not annoying. The food was great. We ordered 4 desserts which we almost never do, and all were perfect. Highly recommend the white sangria!Special Features:
- Great restaurantAjv4490Dined on 4/4/2014This was out first time at estadio, and we loved it! Everything was delicious, and we left full and happy. Great drink selection as well. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spanish foodEssJayDined on 4/2/2014We had tried to eat here a couple of times and it was always too busy or we couldn't get last minute reservations. This time we made reservations 3 days in advance, and it was worth the extra planning! Every dish we ordered was fabulous, easily rivaling more well known Spanish restaurants in the city. The service was gracious but not overbearing; our tapas dishes arrived one at a time with just the amount of "rest time" between them. Bread was amazing, Sangria drinks delicious and unique- -in short a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe could be betterBryanVIPDined on 4/1/2014It seemed slightly off and disorganized. Food was ok, but not memorable. Too many good restaurants in DC to risk returning.
- Great first experienceJennVIPDined on 3/29/2014We had a great dinner overall and everything was a 10. The waiter's suggestions were right on and the wine was outstanding. Thank you Estadio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't get the experience I hopedDCFoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2014Unfortunately, I ordered the Foie Gras Scrambled Eggs with Black Truffle Butter. The eggs were fine but a bit too salty. I was disappointed with the toast, which was BURNT (one side was all black--which means I was consuming carcinogens). I would recommend going to dine for dinner or something. The Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts, Caramelized Onions & Currants was very good, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estadio in March 2014CoolMom100Dined on 3/23/2014We had an early 5:00 reservation for 4, my husband and I with our teen and 9 year old. It was empty when we arrived but quickly filled up. The menu is small tapas style plates divided into sections. The 4 types of jamon were very good, the scallops with cauliflower was excellent, and the Brussels sprouts were divine. My son loved the smoked salmon with yogurt and honey on toast, but not much else. This is a great place to try different wines by the glass - great variety of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/22/2014Our party of 4 were first timers and we had an excellent experience. Our waiter was knowledgeable not only about the dishes and some of the best ones to try but also about the wine. We tried one bottle that we liked and then asked him to bring a second that was similar. We liked that even better and it was less expensive. The brussels sprouts were very good - both ways. One is a slab of thick bacon with brussels on top. Not a diet dish but so good. The other is just the brussels sprouts but prepared in a unique and flavorful way. Really everything we tried was very tasty, including desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese plate was good. MeatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014Cheese plate was good. Meat options were underwhelming. Vegetable plates were poor. Service was poor.
- Date Night at EstadioEatDrinkDCDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant was rather loud and somewhat crowded--not ideal for a quiet, intimate evening. There are many selections of food for all tastes, we especially liked the pork belly sandwiches and baby chorizo with potato crisps. The drink menu had many choices (including a gin slushie that was pretty delicious), but they were small and too pricey for the size. Our waiter seemed annoyed that we kept ordering more food and drinks, but she was relatively attentive, but overall not super pleasant.
- Brunch was yummydannyboyDined on 3/8/2014Perfect scrambled eggs with mushrooms and goat cheese. Hard to screw up, but the eggs were done exactly right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerKarinCDined on 3/2/2014Our visit to Estadio was the best dining experience we've had in ages! The food was outstanding and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...BeedubDined on 3/1/2014We recently dined at Estadio, and although the food was wonderful, the service was not. The wait time for ordering drinks, getting those drinks, and getting our meal were unacceptable. Estadio seems to be one of those restaurants where they are intent to cram in as many tables as possible. The result is that the wait staff are left to navigate very narrow one person aisles between the tables. Everything just seemed cramped.Special Features:
- Decent food with small portionsMemeDined on 2/22/2014The food that was recommended by our server was delicious however the portions were overpriced and too small. We left hungry. Went to a different restaurant to fill up without emptying our pockets. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Tasty tapas!AngelikaVIPDined on 2/19/2014The brussel sprouts, short rib (very tender), and octopus (great flavor) were my favorite! We sat by the chef's table/bar and enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.