One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
One Market Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onemarket.com/
- Phone: 4157775577x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Bar menu Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Dommen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events staff can be reached at 415.777.2233
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE! Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can watch a lively cooking "demonstration" by our Michelin Star winning kitchen, led by Chef Mark Dommen.
BE A PART OF THE SHOW: Join us for a special evening at our Chef's Table, located in the heart of our kitchen. You will be served a special 7 course menu by Chef Mark Dommen and staff, tour the wine cellar with our Sommelier and help us prepare a special dish for your table! Reservations are required.
- Special Events: July is 1/2 priced wine month. All wines are 1/2 their listed price! Join us for this unique promotion.
- Cross Street: Steuart
- Public Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at corner of Market and Steuart. $12 for lunch and $10 for dinner.
A word from One Market Restaurant
For nearly twenty years the restaurants of the Lark Creek Restaurant Group have featured American wines exclusively to complement our commitment to seasonal farm-fresh American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Market Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)special occasion (122)good for groups (94)notable wine list (83)great for lunch (62)romantic (49)scenic view (48)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (33)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our server, Brittany, wasBankerGalVIPDined on 5/9/2008Our server, Brittany, was terrific. She recommended a delightful wine and her suggestions for our main course (and dessert!!) were excellent. Her enthusiasm and knowledge about the menu was contagious. It was a great lunch.Special Features:
- The maître d' was brusk andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2008The maître d' was brusk and inattentive, even with our confirmed reservations...a poor beginning. Waiter was mediocre at best, absent most of the time. Food was for the most part enjoyable.
- Service is extraordinary...lotsnamsmomDined on 5/6/2008Service is extraordinary...lots of people working to make your meal memorable. Yet they are all doing their jobs in a way that that not interrupt your meal or your conversation. Food is excellent if a bit pricey. Major problem is probably the noise level. Not a place for a quiet, romantic meal; rather a place to celebrate an occasion or just to have a very nice dinner in the midst of a large mob of people!Special Features:
- Consistently a great meal.DKdinerVIPDined on 5/6/2008Consistently a great meal. Our waiter was entertaining and the food was delicious. The prime rib was hearty and a huge serving. NY steak is always one of the best.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/6/2008The food was delicious and better than the last time we dined here over a year ago. The fresh crab and apple salad was fresh, succulent and balanced very well. The halibut was perfectly cooked. The pleasant surprise of the evening was the ice cream bar-the ice cream was rich, wonderful and the chocolate was simply delicious.Special Features:
- I've been a fan of BradleyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2008I've been a fan of Bradley Ogden for years, but this dining experience was a terrible disappointment. The hostess was cold and unprofessional (she needs to be let go). Our waitress was skilled and personable for the most part, but extremely soft-spoken so it was difficult to hear her in such a loud environment. (We are all relatively young, so we have no hearing problems.) When we asked her to repeat three of her menu item descriptions, she seemed irritated; she even said she was going to quiz us on the menu given that she had already answered our questions. Augh! The food was another incredible disappointment!! And terribly overpriced! I've told friends to never pass up a chance to eat at an Ogden restaurant. This one? Don't bother.
- We entertained clients - groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2008We entertained clients - group of 5 - the booths are a little tight for 3 people on one side. I had the halibut special, prepared with a Thai rice. Delicious. Service was very good.Special Features:
- I enjoy coming to One MarketFoodieVIPDined on 5/5/2008I enjoy coming to One Market because the food is solid. I've been a customer for over 10 years. One thing I noticed that was annoying was our server's obvious "upselling" of food items/beverages and recital of menu suggestions which were long-winded and of no importance to me. For example, the server wanted to know if we wanted a "garnish" with our meal. Garnish implies something that comes with meal. However the "garnishes" were are really "side" dishes that cost $7.75. C'mon...just ask me if I want a side dish w/ my entree. The management should work with the the staff to be more subtle about their "upselling" because it made my experience awful.Special Features:
- I was not disapointed. IOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008I was not disapointed. I do believe that my party seemed to have a good time. the schrimp appetizer left me unimpresssed. I did not feel that it was either value for the money or anything that really stood out. The pork tenderloin did however meet my expectations. excellant cut and presented well. Again nothing that I would rave about but flavorful and worth ordering.Special Features:
- Enjoy dinner there, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008Enjoy dinner there, service was great, food was enjoyable.Special Features:
- i have a friend who playsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2008i have a friend who plays piano there so we were placed in a booth with a nice view.the food was good. a little long of a wait for it but otherwise a very pleasant experience. hollySpecial Features:
- Disappointed in service whichOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2008Disappointed in service which tried to rush us at high speed through dinner. Appetizer arrived before wine, entrees arrived seconds after appetizer plates removed, despite our request to slow down, which was received very begrudgingly. We declined the entree, said we'd alert them when we were ready. When we said we were ready, entrees were delivered again within seconds, but not hot - they had clearly prepared them and let them sit to wait for us. They prepared them again, served hot at last. Bar, sommelier, host all very pleasant - lovely atmosphere. Food was wonderful in the end, but server and manager who attempted to make up for the service problem were a dark cloud over the experience. We really WANTED to love it.
- We had wonderful service-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008We had wonderful service- our waiter was very helpful in making recommendations for dishes. We enjoyed two bottles of very nice Cabernet that is not readily available at other restaurants and retail outlets. The food was very good. My sister and brother-in-law LOVED the rib-eye for two and my brother-in-law was like a kid enjoying the coconut ice cream sunday for dessert.Special Features:
- It's good to know that OneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008It's good to know that One Market is just as good now, as when i used to frequent the place. I brought some friends from the East coast here; and, we all had a great dinner from start to finish.Special Features:
- don't recommend the most expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2008don't recommend the most expensive wine, give several options at various price points all with acceptable quality. Once having opened the most expensive chardonnay, try to have it chilled at the right level before serving. Occasionally come back and repour a glass, instead of having the client (me) repour. while the service was OK, I think your property is becoming a chain, unlike its reputation in the mid 90's. that still might work for you, but doesn't for me. As I am a NYCer, my opinion is somewhat jaded. good luck. brad skinner
- The restaurant has alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/1/2008The restaurant has always been on my list. However, based on my experience, it will not be on my list again. The noise level just kept rising as the patrons kept coming in. By the time the meal was over, both of us were definitely ready to leave, based simple on the fact the noise was so bad we couldn't even talk across the table. My filet was over done and barely edible. (I suspect because the waiter could not clearly hear my order due to the noise). And I haven't even mentioned the insane mark-up on Napa/Sonoma wines. Granted, it's target market is probably not local diners given the location so perhaps there is no incentive to make the place enjoyable for returning San Francisco patrons.
- Spoke to manager (in dressOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/30/2008Spoke to manager (in dress shirt and tie) about our entrees and complained about too much salt etc. He said he was sorry - that's it! We won't be back - 3 of us having a business lunch. Would rather go to Boulevard.Special Features:
- Food and service were exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/29/2008Food and service were exceptional. Our server suggested the best specials, explained the chef's philosophy and was able to make a special food request happen for us. His name was Chris and he attended to every detail we could ever imagine and treated us like he had known us forever. It was an amazing experience and we will return and have recommended the restaurant to other foodies in our circle.Special Features:
- I went back here for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/29/2008I went back here for the first time in about two years and I kind of remembered why I had not returned sooner. While the food and service were good, I could not get over two parts of the experience. 1) Not only do they charge $2.50 for half a can of soda, but they charge for refills; and 2) When I asked to add chicken to a salad, they charged me for the original salad ($10) plus the full cost of another salad that had chicken on it ($17). In the end, I paid $27 for an appetizer. While I understand this may be part of the business lunch experience, it seems like the restaurant can cut patrons some slack and not maximize on EVERY opportunity to squeeze another dollar or two out of our pockets.Special Features:
- As always, excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2008As always, excellent meal and wine. Service was pleasant and professional.Special Features:
- It is all very capable - theOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/28/2008It is all very capable - the food, the service, the room - but also so low-key & dull that the whole experience left me cold. Especially for a restaurant in this price range, my expectations are simply higher. I wouldn't shun the restaurant, but I am not in a hurry to go back.
- when the restaurant calledOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2008when the restaurant called to confirm my reservation they noticed it was for a birthday, so they told me they would write "Happy Birthday" on a dessert. But they didn't, so was somewhat disappointing.
- While the food was good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008While the food was good and well-presented, the size and noise level of the restaurant took something away from the total dining experience.Special Features:
- Overall the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2008Overall the experience was quite pleasant. Service got a little sketchy after the main course was served. Our server was slow in asking us about the dessert order. All in all, I thought it was good and would return.Special Features:
- Service and food was great. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2008Service and food was great. Only 1 minor drawback: we checked in at 8pm for our 8:30 reservation. Hostess (Sonja??) asked us to have a sit at the bar. I beleive she forgot about us so at 8:45, I checked in with her again and by the way she reacted, she realized she forgot about us. No apologies made. She sat us a few minutes later.Special Features:
- Our server was so fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/25/2008Our server was so fantastic. Genuine, knowledgeable, attentive just the right amount, coordinated the timing perfectly. Made our evening service seamless. They plated our table all at once, most impressive. (One minor suggestion for them, to make a second offer of bread for the table.) Food was great. We will be back!Special Features:
- Outstanding location acrosshowmanymilesthisyrDined on 4/25/2008Outstanding location across from the Ferry Building. Still good after all these years.Special Features:
- I had requested a table byLocalfoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2008I had requested a table by a window, which has always been granted in the past. The unsmiling receptionist working the desk at noon did not do so this time, although such tables were available. Crab salad remains fantastic but still had shell in it.Special Features:
- Excellent food, very innovative.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008Excellent food, very innovative. Took a while to get things us our table despite reservations, then the bread appetizer didn't show up until asked for. Forgot my credit card and got excellent response from the restaurant. Loved the food!Special Features:
- Our server Wade was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2008Our server Wade was outstanding! He was professional, knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly. He offered great recommendations and his food descriptions made it difficult to choose one item! He was also incredibly prompt. We felt well cared for! The food was equally excellent. It was my guest's first time dining at One Market and she definitely said she would return. I conduct a number of business lunches at One Market and enjoy it every time. Thank you.Special Features:
- Service was good...but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 4/23/2008Service was good...but our appetizer plates stayed on the table way to long after we were finished with them...and the bus person was not professional. waitress was good.Special Features:
- very slow at lunch.....longzingeoffVIPDined on 4/23/2008very slow at lunch.....long waits for the main course....with a limited menu, the main course should have been snappier. this is a real problem at lunch when business schedules are tighter.....Special Features:
- Since we love to check outREDHOUSEPROJECTVIPDined on 4/22/2008Since we love to check out newly annointed Michelin star restaurants we went to One Market to see if they were worthy. Indeed. Started with the miyaki oysters; dungeness crab salad(needed more dressing) and the wild nettle ravioli. Ravioli was good but took a long time to emerge from the kitchen. Next the grilled mahi mahi, duck breast and the sole which was LIGHT and not greasy. Perfect cheese plate choices; we finished with the chocolate/espresso creme brulee. Thought the restaurant was crowded for a Tuesday. Space was comfortble; large dining room made me nervous that food wouldn't be top notch but it was and worthy of a Michelin. Also had a couple of stolis that were generous pours and priced right. Decent wine list. ThanksSpecial Features:
- The main course of five petitOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/22/2008The main course of five petit raviolis was the smallest thing I have seen on a plate in a long, long time of being a foodie..Several of us had it and laughed. We probably won't be back; this is just too precious. Tasty, to be sure, but a sparrow would die from such a portion.
- Service was brusque and demanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2008Service was brusque and demanding. Waiter was relentless in trying to upsell us, we were clearly ordering wine by the glass and he was pointing out that there was a much better selection among full bottles, when I inquired about whether sides were shareable, he dismissed the idea, saying they were very small. so we ordered a number of sides and found that indeed they would be perfectly fine to share and we ended up with more food than we needed. The food was great, but the bill ended up being higher than I would have liked.
- The $79.00 6 course tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008The $79.00 6 course tasting menu was fabulous. Small plate sizing of the best menu items made for a memorable dinner. The live piano music was also a plusSpecial Features:
- Very good food. Service prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2008Very good food. Service pretty good but not perfect for a single frmale diner who felt slightly "rushed to clear for a bigger table. "Special Features:
- Iwould definitely return toHughLDined on 4/18/2008Iwould definitely return to this restaurant. Celery sorbet?? Fabulous!!! Our waiter, Mike enhanced the entire dining experience. The view of the ferry bldg was great and the roast pork loin was incredible.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our anniversaryMabbyDined on 4/18/2008We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at One Market. Our server was excellent and very helpful in describing the food. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent service! WaiterMelitaVIPDined on 4/18/2008Excellent service! Waiter recommended a superb wine that we enjoyed with dinner. The food was excellent (we both ordered one of the day's specials).Special Features: