One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
One Market Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onemarket.com/
- Phone: 4157775577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Bar menu Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Dommen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events staff can be reached at 415.777.2233
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE! Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can watch a lively cooking "demonstration" by our Michelin Star winning kitchen, led by Chef Mark Dommen.
BE A PART OF THE SHOW: Join us for a special evening at our Chef's Table, located in the heart of our kitchen. You will be served a special 7 course menu by Chef Mark Dommen and staff, tour the wine cellar with our Sommelier and help us prepare a special dish for your table! Reservations are required.
- Special Events: July is 1/2 priced wine month. All wines are 1/2 their listed price! Join us for this unique promotion.
- Cross Street: Steuart
- Public Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at corner of Market and Steuart. $12 for lunch and $10 for dinner.
A word from One Market Restaurant
For nearly twenty years the restaurants of the Lark Creek Restaurant Group have featured American wines exclusively to complement our commitment to seasonal farm-fresh American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Market Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (160)special occasion (147)good for groups (95)notable wine list (84)great for lunch (82)scenic view (65)romantic (52)vibrant bar scene (39)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (29)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Service was good...but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 4/23/2008Service was good...but our appetizer plates stayed on the table way to long after we were finished with them...and the bus person was not professional. waitress was good.Special Features:
- very slow at lunch.....longzingeoffVIPDined on 4/23/2008very slow at lunch.....long waits for the main course....with a limited menu, the main course should have been snappier. this is a real problem at lunch when business schedules are tighter.....Special Features:
- Since we love to check outREDHOUSEPROJECTVIPDined on 4/22/2008Since we love to check out newly annointed Michelin star restaurants we went to One Market to see if they were worthy. Indeed. Started with the miyaki oysters; dungeness crab salad(needed more dressing) and the wild nettle ravioli. Ravioli was good but took a long time to emerge from the kitchen. Next the grilled mahi mahi, duck breast and the sole which was LIGHT and not greasy. Perfect cheese plate choices; we finished with the chocolate/espresso creme brulee. Thought the restaurant was crowded for a Tuesday. Space was comfortble; large dining room made me nervous that food wouldn't be top notch but it was and worthy of a Michelin. Also had a couple of stolis that were generous pours and priced right. Decent wine list. ThanksSpecial Features:
- The main course of five petitOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/22/2008The main course of five petit raviolis was the smallest thing I have seen on a plate in a long, long time of being a foodie..Several of us had it and laughed. We probably won't be back; this is just too precious. Tasty, to be sure, but a sparrow would die from such a portion.
- Service was brusque and demanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2008Service was brusque and demanding. Waiter was relentless in trying to upsell us, we were clearly ordering wine by the glass and he was pointing out that there was a much better selection among full bottles, when I inquired about whether sides were shareable, he dismissed the idea, saying they were very small. so we ordered a number of sides and found that indeed they would be perfectly fine to share and we ended up with more food than we needed. The food was great, but the bill ended up being higher than I would have liked.
- The $79.00 6 course tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008The $79.00 6 course tasting menu was fabulous. Small plate sizing of the best menu items made for a memorable dinner. The live piano music was also a plusSpecial Features:
- Very good food. Service prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2008Very good food. Service pretty good but not perfect for a single frmale diner who felt slightly "rushed to clear for a bigger table. "Special Features:
- Iwould definitely return toHughLDined on 4/18/2008Iwould definitely return to this restaurant. Celery sorbet?? Fabulous!!! Our waiter, Mike enhanced the entire dining experience. The view of the ferry bldg was great and the roast pork loin was incredible.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our anniversaryMabbyDined on 4/18/2008We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at One Market. Our server was excellent and very helpful in describing the food. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent service! WaiterMelitaVIPDined on 4/18/2008Excellent service! Waiter recommended a superb wine that we enjoyed with dinner. The food was excellent (we both ordered one of the day's specials).Special Features:
- Waiter was way too presumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/18/2008Waiter was way too presumptious and pushy about what we would order. Sauce on the skate wing was way too salty and sweet. A delicate and unusual dish was wasted. $24.75 for uber soy sauce, get real. Both of us were very disappointed in One Market.Special Features:
- A few weeks ago I orderedSFSweetheartVIPDined on 4/18/2008A few weeks ago I ordered the crab starter, and I didn't like the celery sorbet accompaniment - it just didn't taste good to me. More recently, I made the mistake of ordering the house-made Cavatelli. The looks of the dish reminded me of worms, and the foam was a turnoff. It tasted ok, but I won't order that dish again. I like One Market (great service, nice ambiance) and often take clients there. I'll plan to stick to more of the fish or poultry dishes from now on.Special Features:
- I was expecting more fromOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/17/2008I was expecting more from the food. The service we great, but the food was so so. My steak was very hard to cut and was a disappointment. I rarely eat meat, so I was excited about the menu, but I had to struggle to cut it, and the cut did not seam that great....a bit on the fatty side as well. I will try it again, if for no other reason than the wine, but probably stick to sea food.Special Features:
- Good spot for a working lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2008Good spot for a working lunch or dinner - food was very good all the way around (especially the black bean soup).Special Features:
- Broth in Dungeness Crab BisqueJosephVIPDined on 4/14/2008Broth in Dungeness Crab Bisque looked and tasted like chicken broth.Special Features:
- This restaurant far exceededOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/12/2008This restaurant far exceeded our expectations. The food was terrific (some of it very innovative), the service was good, and the atmosphere was great. Probably the key to the evening for us, though, was the sommelier. We asked him to pair wines with our menu, and not only were the wines well-chosen, but they were quite reasonable! Really a terrific dinner - we will be back!Special Features:
- Our meal was outstanding startingnotafoodsnobVIPDined on 4/12/2008Our meal was outstanding starting with an excellent scotch old fashion through the entertaining dessert choices Two comments: first, we were a group of four women, so where did they initially seat us? By the wait station. It was a window table but since it was only 6 pm and there were three other open window tables, it was a poor offering. We asked and were moved. (This is too common of an experience-restaurants need to work on obvious bias towards women diners.) Second, my glass of pinot noir wasn't delivered before I received my entree so I slowed down eating it until I was able to find someone to bring it to me. My food cooled. It should have been delivered before my entree or immediately after.Special Features:
- My coworker and I were a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/11/2008My coworker and I were a little nervous about returning to One Market. Her expereince had been horrible a few years back, poor and rude service, late food, late seating with a reservation- everything you would not expect from this restaurant. My experience had not been memorable. We were so pleased on Friday with the servers and our lunch. We are looking forwarding to returning and enjoying the spring vegetable salad which is remarkable. Be careful though, the only complaint I had was the salad was too big. The salad could easily be split between two people. My coworker had the duck ravioli and I have never seen her that happy! Thanks for a great lunch.Special Features:
- I really enjoy bringing myOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/11/2008I really enjoy bringing my clients here. They feel it is a special occasion - Thanks for the great food and very nice service!Special Features:
- One Market is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/10/2008One Market is one of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco. The service, personnel, beauty, outstanding food never seems to fail me. When guests come from out of town we always make it to One Market. Keep up the good work, One Market!!! It is also a convenient restaurant to get to. We love the view from the inside to the outside.Special Features:
- This place is (and alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/8/2008This place is (and always has been) great. Food, service and ambiance is terrific. I wasn't happy about getting a call to confirm my reservation, tho. OpenTable should work with restaurants to rate diners - I never bail on reservations without canceling online or calling and I'm sure OpenTable has that info. We should get a pass on the "call back to confirm"...Special Features:
- One Market is a very excitingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008One Market is a very exciting restaurant filled with lots of diners and excitement. It is located in massive building covering half a block in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco. It was another typical cold night in SF, so I thought it was ingenious of them to put up a velvet brown curtain to block out the wind. Once inside, we were greeted by a friendly hostess who took us immediately to our seats. To the left of the restaurant is a huge bar with lounge chairs. Immediately down the narrow hallway was the bathroom and kitchen where there was a large party dining in the kitchen. She took us pass the pianist and seated us in the middle of the room. I was a little disappointed because we had requested for a private corn
- My crab chowder and "Tickle"OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008My crab chowder and "Tickle" cocktail were disappointing, but everything else was delicious. I especially enjoyed the mint lemonade.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.SusanneDined on 4/4/2008Food and service were excellent. The wine list is varied and interesting. We had two good choices from the wine list. Restaurant is a bit noisy until the "happy hour" crowd leaves! We look forward to dining again at One Market. Susanne StevensSpecial Features:
- i love this place. the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2008i love this place. the wait staff was excellent at making my friend and i comfortable. i love the vegetable plate and am a little disappointed with the changes (4 to 3/plate, new price) but we were there for a special occasion and didn't worry to much about it. we had the sole, which was good; however, the real star of our night was the dessert mini-platter. fantastic!Special Features:
- This was our second time andmaryDined on 4/3/2008This was our second time and we like the place a lot.Special Features:
- I was there for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2008I was there for a business lunch. The roasted chicken was excellent. Very efficient service too. I'd definitely recommend and go back myself.Special Features:
- Best veal chop I ever ate.ojaicutieDined on 4/2/2008Best veal chop I ever ate. OK Dungeness crab. Excessive wine prices, but a great list. Too noisy for easy conversationSpecial Features:
- I had the entree crab saladOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2008I had the entree crab salad for $22. Although the waiter did say it was not a reg crab louie type salad, I excepted more than just 1 scoup of crab meat and a few dizzles of sauce. I was disappointed and it was overpriced f/what I got. I have had better meals there before.Special Features:
- You desperately need moreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008You desperately need more vegetarian options on your menu. I have been eating that same damn Petaluma omelete for the past 6 years ! A plate of side vegetables for twenty something dollars is equally irritating. I loved the fig salad that disappeared a couple of years ago - - even people that don't eat meat would appreciate a) a veggie pasta or rice dish; b) a gourmet veggie sandwich (goat cheese, portabella, SOMETHING); c) a veggie soup or chili - - get with it people. I'm one of your biggest fans only because you are great for business lunches and my clients eat meat.Special Features:
- It was fine, not as greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/1/2008It was fine, not as great as I had expected. I had the feeling that the waiter wanted us to order more food, but lunch is lunch. The food was adequate, the place was packed.
- The service was outstanding--theOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/28/2008The service was outstanding--the staff are genuinely friendly and warm. Another reason I love this place: the lighting makes everyone look fantastic--a great place for a date!Special Features:
- Lovely. We've gone twice inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2008Lovely. We've gone twice in the last few months because the food is spectacular and the service is excellent. It's definitely pricey but just great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Perfect place for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/28/2008Perfect place for a business lunch. The service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Loved the food - althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/27/2008Loved the food - although I found the menu limited. I would say one of the best in San Fran. Not too fussy and great ingredients with perfect preparations.Special Features:
- One Market Restaurant hasTylerHofingaVIPDined on 3/26/2008One Market Restaurant has greatly improved over the years and is one of my favorite in San Francisco and I use it regularly. Always attentive and professional. Thank you, as always. Tyler HofingaSpecial Features:
- As always the food was divine.jacksDined on 3/26/2008As always the food was divine. We all enjoyed our lunches and the desserts were to die over. Great experience. Jackie WorthingtonSpecial Features:
- I dine at One Market often;OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/25/2008I dine at One Market often; however, my table all had stomach upset overnight and the next morning. Scallops likely to blame. I may not dine there again..
- Only the best restaurant inPauletteVIPDined on 3/25/2008Only the best restaurant in town. Imaginative menu. Delicious food. Warm service...always there but never oppressive.Special Features:
- This is the best service I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2008This is the best service I've had in a long time. Our waiter was perfect--appropriately attentive but never lurking, and interrupted only for critical questions such as whether or not we needed another bottle of water. Out drinks (especially water) never ran out. We stayed all night in order to catch up--completely overstayed out table turn--and our server was absolutely gracious. I will go back again and again for this pampering, which is what dining out is all about!Special Features: