One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
One Market Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.onemarket.com/
- Phone: 4157775577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Bar menu Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Dommen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events staff can be reached at 415.777.2233
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE! Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can watch a lively cooking "demonstration" by our Michelin Star winning kitchen, led by Chef Mark Dommen.
BE A PART OF THE SHOW: Join us for a special evening at our Chef's Table, located in the heart of our kitchen. You will be served a special 7 course menu by Chef Mark Dommen and staff, tour the wine cellar with our Sommelier and help us prepare a special dish for your table! Reservations are required.
- Special Events: July is 1/2 priced wine month. All wines are 1/2 their listed price! Join us for this unique promotion.
- Cross Street: Steuart
- Public Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at corner of Market and Steuart. $12 for lunch and $10 for dinner.
A word from One Market Restaurant
For nearly twenty years the restaurants of the Lark Creek Restaurant Group have featured American wines exclusively to complement our commitment to seasonal farm-fresh American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
One Market Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)special occasion (148)good for groups (97)notable wine list (85)great for lunch (84)scenic view (66)romantic (55)vibrant bar scene (40)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (25)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- great lunch spotrubyscoobyDined on 8/6/2014We had the business lunch and it was wonderful. Valet is a bit slow thougSpecial Features:
- A pleasant dinner.NottoofussyDined on 8/5/2014. he service was competent but a bit chilly. The wine list was only American wines, and included a very wide range. Overall, a good experience. We got what we were looking for; but it wasn't the kind of completely special dinner that would make us go out of our way to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine SF dinningbonappetitVIPDined on 8/4/2014One Market is part of the Bradley Ogden legacy, like LarkCreek Inn, and other good restauarnts in the group. The food is creative, beautifully presented, and an excellent wine list. Black Coyote has a limited production and outstanding cabernet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still waiting for our foodTrappistLoverVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is a very pleasant restaurant in an old-fashioned and non-trendy sort of way. However it took us 2 hours after sitting down to be served our main course. I'm not sure what was happening in the kitchen. At one point my wife and I, after wondering why we had not been served our main course for the last hour and a half, noticed that nobody else was getting served either. We timed 15 minutes in which literally nobody in the large dining room (out of maybe 100 people) was brought any food. We watched all the traffic out of the kitchen, and no food appeared for anyone. They did give us an unsolicited discount on our bill. Maybe everybody else in the dining room got a discount, too.
- impressive food, beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I try to eat here every time I am in town. The menu is very seasonal and the dishes are well thought out and expertly executed. Our server was personable and made an impression without hanging out at our table too much.Special Features:
- valet parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Not enough waiting space for valet parking. Very danger on a busy street specially with muni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dinnDined on 7/30/2014Location is great and beautiful place. Food is delicious, service is professional. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014Took a client here for lunch and as usual had a wonderful experience. The menu is always interesting and impressive without being over-the-top, the wine list offers something for everyone, and the service is perfect. Meals are arranged beautifully. I enjoyed the octopus with white beans and it was great but I could do without the foam, especially on a seafood dish. But even with foam, it was delicious. The view of the bustling Ferry Building is lovely. The noise level is a bit high for my taste but I guess that's just a good sign that the restaurant is doing a brisk business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DelicieuxDined on 7/24/2014Great dining experience! Food, ambience, and service all top-notch. Liked the Market Menu selections. Our server was outstanding for our group of seven people (from 11 years old to 87). Half-price wine special was nice (had two bottles) since the regular wine prices are expensive. I'd be happy to visit One Market again.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunchArianneDined on 7/23/2014We took our clients here and they absolutely loved it! It was personally my first time there- I ordered the flounder with a side of sautéed spinach. I totally recommend this dish- the sauce that's on the side is so tasty! 2 other girls in our party ordered the same dish and enjoyed it as well. Next time I plan on trying the trout! I also want to check this place out for happy hour. PS- for you bacon lovers.. Apparently they serve this donut wrapped in bacon. I was too full to check out the dessert menu this time- but hopefully next time I'll save some room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable evening!STL1135foodieDined on 7/22/2014It was our first time in San Francisco and the concierge at the Palace Hotel recommended One Market. We are foodies and have high standards. One Market did not disappoint. Our waiter was great, the sommelier picked a beautiful bottle of wine, and the food was innovative and delicious. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful experiencestar2eDined on 7/22/2014Our whole experience at One Market was top notch. I had requested a quiet table, the friendly hostess did the best she could in a busy restaurant and it worked fine. The food was great. We shared an appetizer of crispy pigs ear with roasted peaches (I know, pigs ear? but it was yummy). My companion had the duck two ways and I had the scallops and both were wonderful. We happened to be there during half price wine week...every bottle on the menu was half price, a very pleasant surprise. We had two mini desserts, the duo of creme brullee and the chocolate almond toffee crunch cake, both delicious. Our waiter was knowledgeable, helpful and efficient. All in all, as my title says, a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Great Food-Great PricePapaVIPDined on 7/22/2014The business lunch only $24.50 was exceptional. Among the choices offered, I had the heirloom tomato salad of a half dozen different tomatoes--all peeled (who does that these days?), then tender sautéed calamari in a light stew of garbanzo beans. Totally delicious. Wild berry cheesecake to follow. I have enjoyed many lunches and dinners at One Market and I am always pleased in every respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBillPDined on 7/19/2014We were in SF celebrating our anniversary and because we have enjoyed it in the past, we went to 1 Market. We were not disappointed with the decision. The service, food and ambiance could not have been better. We look forward to going back in the future.Special Features:
- ONE MARKET needs ONE moreMYEATSOUTVIPDined on 7/18/2014or two wait staff, the food was excellent, but the attentiveness of our waiter was a bit lacking, hopefully he was just having a bad nightSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014I have been lunching at One Market for over 15 years and have found both the food and service to to be always good. This time our server spoke with a pronounced accent that sometimes made it difficult to understand what she was saying. She was very efficient and attentive at the same time though. The flounder was outstanding. Although July is advertised as half priced for a bottle of wine, we had to go with our 3rd choice before we found a bottle that wasn't sold out.Special Features:
- fredDined on 7/12/2014The Beast menu was goat. All preparations were creative and well presented. The Tartare was especially delightful. The Beast menu is always great value and last week was no exception. A thoroughly delightful experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/11/2014I am always impressed at how good this restaurant continues to be. I go may be a couple of time a year and think why am I not here more ofte. The cooking is innovative and I am a fan of the Weekly beast menus which are a great bargain.Special Features:
- Always ImpeccableMoyaDined on 7/11/2014I've been to One Market I think 3 times now and every time it's been amazing. The dishes are creative without being silly about it, impeccably prepared and presented, and served with friendly efficiency. In my opinion it's every bit as good, maybe better, than Boulevard but minus the snooty attitude. One piece of advice. Order the mini dessert trio and save the creme brûlée for last!Special Features:
- Outstanding!SamanthaFVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is one of a handful of go-to places for me when I travel to San Francisco. With all the new fancy restaurants opening every week in SF, I can't keep up, so when I make the trek from Sonoma, I like to host my business lunches here. The food is always seasonal and delicious. The service is consistent, professional and friendly. I like to come here at least twice a year, July which is 1/2 off on all wine by the bottle in September for their heirloom tomato menu. This restaurant should have 2 Michelin stars, not just one. I can't recommend One Market enough.Special Features:
- stop with the sodiumdanboyVIPDined on 7/8/2014all the main courses had way too much salt in them. the dinner was ruined by this odd decision by the kitchen. several of the sea food dishes were uneatable.
- great experience8wellDined on 7/3/2014fantastic flavors and a surprising blend of textures that added to the savory experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerplace7Dined on 6/30/2014The service was truly outstanding. We were using a gift certificate and the waiter was concerned that our choices might exceed the amount. We weren't concerned about that but we greatly appreciated their concern and graciousness. The food was excellent and we liked the ability to have another half glass of wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014All of our entrees were excellent (ahi tuna, scallops and bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin). The white chocolate cream pie was awesome.Special Features:
- Chef's Choice with Wine PairingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Trying new foods is always an experience I enjoy and One Market Restaurant was a memorable experience. The presentation was beautiful, the tastes were varied and unique, and the wine pairing was probably the best part of the whole meal. The dining room was comfortable and tastefully appointed without being too formal. Our waiter was the only dark mark--hard to get his attention and he seemed uninterested in describing the selections or offering the wine pairing as I think it meant more work for him. In any case, all 6 courses were well timed and the bread was fantastic and plentiful. I took my out-of-town friend for a special meal and she was impressed.Special Features:
- whats4dinnerDined on 6/28/2014We tried the famous chickpea fries, lamb, pork shoulder ..... and we left so disappointed. The lamb was gamey, the sauce on the pork shoulder was too over powering, and the chickpea fries were too mushy. However the beet salad was very tasty, the service was perfect, and we could actually hear each other ..... which unfortunately is so hard to find.Special Features:
- TopHatCharlieDined on 6/27/2014Given that it is quite pricey, the caesar salad was mediocre, the wait after the appetizers was too long and they completely forgot an entree. Once reminded they put a rush on it, but didn't offer anything more than an apology.Special Features:
- Loved it!foodie2720Dined on 6/27/2014From the moment we walked in and were greeted by the charming host, to the amazing food, we loved everything about this restaurant and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Personal FavoriteKrisVIPDined on 6/27/2014One Market has been one of my favorite SF restaurants for many years, and it feels like home when I dine there. The menu changes with the season, featuring fresh items from the SF Ferry Bldg Farmers' Market across the street as well as locally-sourced fish and meats, and freshly made soups and pastas. The menu is actually so inviting that I find it hard to narrow my choices. Luckily, a platter of three veggie sides is usually offered along with a selection of three mini desserts (thank goodness!). It's always a joy to eat at One Market!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicepickypickyDined on 6/26/2014The ambiance was very nice, it's definitely a classy place. The food selection was good and the service was excellent. We were there for lunch, but I'm sure this restaurant would be great for dinner too.Special Features:
- Cucumber ConsumeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014This was the only thing I had that was not in-line with the rest of the menu. The consume was horrible. Another diner had the other soup choice, something crème/puree... that was amazing! So, not sure what the problem was with the consume.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 6/25/2014My trout appetizer and dessert were both outstanding. My burger with tots was only so-so. Service started out a bit less than I expect from One Market, with our order taken after another table who'd arrived later and whose main meal arrived before our apps. Not happy about that. But the waiter made up for it by special ordering my dessert.Special Features:
- Perfect Place for Group LunchWLeeDined on 6/25/2014I was looking for a place to take one of our employees who was retiring after forty-two years (that's right - 42 years!) of service. I chose One Market because we had arranged for Christmas parties there before and have had a number of business lunches there. The chef, Mark Dommen, is a culinary genius, and the menu items may change but remain consistently well executed. At lunch the other day, there were five of us sitting at a round table and all of us could hear each other without shouting over restaurant din. The food was great, from the oysters to the desserts, and the waitstaff attentive yet unobtrusive. We had a great time. We've not had a single bad experience at One Market over the years.Special Features:
- Great food for great conversations!CelesteDined on 6/21/2014The Beast meal - Lamb, four courses paired with wines was sensational! We loved every course! Great atmosphere, food for great conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Service & Food!maileDined on 6/21/2014First of all the Service from beginning to end was superb & seamless! Our waiter had a great friendly ease while still being professional in assisting us in selecting food and a bottle of wine. The appetizers and entrees were perfectly timed and water refills, empty glasses etc. always picked up efficiently in stealth mode. Our evening could not have been better..............THANKS!!!Special Features:
- Dining alone can be fundineoutalotDined on 6/21/2014I needed a place to have dinner where I would feel okay dining alone, as I was on work travel. They sat me at the bar that overlooks the food preparation kitchen and it was great to see the skill and precision as they created by 4-course chef's tasting menu and turned the dining alone experience into a nice event for me.Special Features:
- TigerFoodieDined on 6/20/2014Part of our 40th wedding anniversary weekend. Food was truly outstanding and what great cocktails. We will be back with friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We were Happy with the service, the food was great, and had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Loved itJackDined on 6/19/2014I always wanted to go and it was worth the wait. The food was good, healthy but hearty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Our Large GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The service was outstanding, and my group of 11 commented repeatedly how delicious the food was. I was very pleased with the selection.I would recommend this to a friend.