Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
45 School Street
Old City Hall
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4999/Boston
- Phone: 6177428401
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Boston, MA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Boston is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner or any special event. Please email (email@example.com)) for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Duerr 8777965532
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Boston, MA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (211)romantic (137)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (90)great for lunch (72)good for groups (70)great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (44)scenic view (28)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (27)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- foodieDined on 8/18/2014I just love Ruth Chris! Food is wonderful-served just right.Special Features:
- Just OKEyeamdianaDined on 8/18/2014I've been waiting years to be able to the Ruth's Chris because I've heard the steak was wonderful and the building is gorgeous! The building was beautiful, but the food was just OK. The steak lacked flavor (I had the filet). The sweet potato casserole was very, very sweet, to the point of it being even too sweet for a dessert. The creamed spinach tasted pre-prepared. I'm glad I was able to go during restaurant week and didn't pay full price. Pretty disappointed!Special Features:
- fallgirlDined on 8/18/2014We try to go to Ruth Chris every restaurant week because they have the best filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 8/17/2014My favorite among the higher end steakhouses. Always great food and service.Special Features:
- DissapointingBostonGrammyDined on 8/17/2014We have been to this location many times and always had a fine meal with exceptional service.This had to be the worst service we ever received- one wonders if it perhaps because we ordered off the "dining out" menu? We saw our server 3 times, the rest were random runners. The appetizer arrived before the wine,and I don't mean shortly before,we had finished the appetizer before she even returned with the wine.The server did not check on the food until we were just about finished.The dessert was served before the server even came over to ask about coffee, then we waited at least 10 minutes for coffee and our liqueur, and when she did deliver it, she also left the check. Steak was good, it did not seem like the same quality as usual.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014This is a wonderful location to have a special dinner! Absolutely great food cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Poor experienceFoodie4uDined on 8/8/2014The steaks were "pasty" and chewy at the same time, the bread was stale and then warmed up, they mixed up the orders twice, so we all got food at different times... Not a good experience and then we paid $236 for a dinner for three. Ridiculous, given the bad food and mediocre service.
- Great meal and servicePAGS57VIPDined on 8/7/2014I took my wife on her birthday and let them know via Open Table. When we arrived our table had confetti on it and the waitress immediately wished her a Happy Birthday. Rib eye steak was cooked perfectly. Overall very good and we will be returning!Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrisPammyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great steakhouse, the best in Boston! Great to celebrate a special occasion. I always have a great meal when I dine here. Service is excellent! The dining rooms are beautiful and the food is fabulous. I always feel very special when I dine here. A very nice touch when the managers visit your table to ask you about your experience, it shows genuine care for the customer experience. If you are looking for a great steak, this is where you need to go. They also have many other options - swordfish is also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and serviceRickDined on 8/6/2014Sometimes have lunch with friend and sometimes have dinner. Have never been disappointed. Service is exceptional as multiple servers attend to you. The servers however are not intrusive at all. Water glass kept full, status of order is given and food is presented, with a warning that plate is hot if appropriate. Our wait person even made note of the fact that we preferred a certain table and stated that she made note of it so that when I reserved a table for my next visit, they would try to accommodate. Overall very excellent dining experience for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!GetawaysDined on 8/2/2014Recently visited for a second time. Wonderful experience! Service was efficient and friendly, but not intrusive. Food was cooked as ordered and seasoned to perfection. Highly recommend. Have been to other Ruth's Chris locations, but this setting is the best.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Location, stellar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014The building and the rooms are historic (being the historic City Hall) and this certainly adds to the entire dining experience. Ruth's Chris is always a favorite as a high end steakhouse that is consistent in every city we have dined. Certainly a place to return again next time in Boston.Special Features:
- very goodpsineDined on 7/22/2014food was delicious. wine selection very good. service very good. would return. my husband loved the "bone-in" filet (was a special and it was absolutely delicious).Special Features:
- Worth itBenoitDined on 7/21/2014The Ahi Tuna is delicious and one of the best fillet I had. Great abience.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualmichelleVIPDined on 7/19/2014Asked for a quiet room, got VERY noisy, largest room. Steak was grizzley and way, way undercooked. Service was non-interested, but ok. I am used to better here.
- RC Boston - One of Their BestJWeisbrodVIPDined on 7/19/2014Ruth's Chris is generally great but some locations never seem to measure up. The Boston location is one of their best with superior service and perfect food. Make sure to have the Sweet Potato Pie - as a side or a dessert - it is scrumptious!!Special Features:
- Special OccasionsIheartfoodDined on 7/18/2014My finace, loves coming here. We eat dinner here for multiple special occasions throughout the year. Thanks again for another great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014Mentioned we were celebrating my husband's new job in the special request section of opentable, and they were fantastic! He was congratulated by the hostess, and our waiter, there was congrats confetti scatter on the table and a complimentary dessert! They went out of their way to make it a special night. And on top of that the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Top NotchFletchmdDined on 7/15/2014Excellent dining experience!! From the appetizers to the main course, Ruth Chris Steak House will not disappoint!! Steak Lovers must indulge in this fine dining with an excellent steak selection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicebackbayfoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have been trying all of the top Boston steakhouses and now have another favorite. My wife had the filet and I ordered they cowboy ribeye, both of which were excellent. I'd have to say the steaks, while outstanding by most standards, are still not quite up to the same level as our favorites (Grill 23, Abe and Louie's, Capital Grille) but are very close, and the excellent service and beautiful restaurant more than made up for it. The beer list is substandard, but the Sapphire martini was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:
- fan2befan2beDined on 7/10/2014Every time my husband and I go out of state we look for a Ruth's Chris. As usuall they met our expectations. Food is always good no matter which state we go too. Staff was good.....could of been better maybe. But we were not disappointed. Its in a great location, not too crowed. We had reservations and we were a little late, but they seated us as soon as we got there. Thank you Ruth Chris's for never failing to please out pallettes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!GirlDined on 7/9/2014Not for the diet conscious, but the most delicious food in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Filet/Not so good LambchopsLindaVIPDined on 7/7/2014Steak was great. Lamb chops had too much fat on them. Sweet potato casserole was yummy. Bread is just so-so. Wish R Chris served a better bread basket.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food and service were very good, consistent with the image and high pricing of the offering. We did feel that the wine list was over-priced, and this will cause us to hesitate before going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2014For a meal as expensive as this I expected great food and a great experience. Sadly neither was to be. With the restaurant nearly empty (I was an early diner) I was seated right next to a a table with a crying baby. Service was spotty. The wrong vegetable was delivered with my main course: I was nearly done eating by the time the correct one was delivered. My bar b cued shrimp was a mess of shrimp swimming in watery mashed potatoes. I won't be back.
- Always goodmhs1234Dined on 7/2/2014No surprises. Hot plates. Never disappointed. Consistently Happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLmk33Dined on 6/28/2014We went here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and we were disappointed with the service. We were sitting down for about 20 minutes before we were given water, and that was only after we tracked down someone. My husband already had a drink from the bar - I ordered wine shortly after sitting and that took about 30min to come (I even got my salad first). We had bread, but no bread plates (the tables around us did, so it must have been an oversight). Good thing they come scrape the tables, because without plates, we made a mess! When we thanked out waiter for bringing something, he just walked away - no 'your welcome' or any acknowledgement at all. The food was decent, but that didn't make up for the poor service experience.
- Excellent, as alwaysanitajdDined on 6/28/2014We have come to this Ruth Chris Steak House several times, and each time the experience--the food, the service is excellent. Yes, it is pricey, and we come only for special occasions. And boy, they do a great job making you feel special! We have a "regular" server (I won't divulge her name!) and she remembers what we order (drinks, meal). She is very knowledgeable about both the food and the wine (she recommended a FANTASTIC Calif. Cabernet in our price range). And you know the food is good, when we fight over the leftovers the next day! Looking forward to the next time we can come.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningMikeDined on 6/27/2014Great food, wine, service, and outdoor ambience. Food was prepared to order and delicious until the last bite. A must for anyone interested in a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary celebration!DeborahDined on 6/26/2014We always go to Ruth's Chris for our anniversary, and this is our first year in Boston. What a bonus that we could enjoy the wonderful Ruth's Chris menu in this awesome historic building. It made it extra special!Special Features:
- DissappointedEastonDocVIPDined on 6/26/2014Let me start by saying that my wife and I go to Ruth's Chris in Boston a lot and normally we have a great experience. Unfortunately, we left somewhat disappointed. The service was outstanding as usual, but we ordered a Porterhouse for two, ordered medium rare and were quite unhappy. The filet side was medium well to well done and the strip was medium, some parts were more well. The manager did apologize, but I think that they could have done a little more than an apology. We will try again, but I hope this is not a trend for the worse.Special Features:
- Always consistentRuthsfanDined on 6/25/2014Wonderful! Best Ruth's out of the many I've eaten at.Special Features:
- Great lunchSueDanDined on 6/18/2014Had a great lunch this past week. The mixed grill was delicious. We also ordered oysters which were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchSuperbVIPDined on 6/18/2014I go here for lunch one a month or so as a treat and a break from the regular. Always solid food and service. Love the environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDWESTFORDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014All three were over cooked and did not cut like butter. Should have sent them back except the waiter did not come check how we liked our steaks right away so we choose to eat them. Very tough given the quality we expected from Ruth Chris.
- SheilaDined on 6/15/2014Best food, drinks and wait staff in Boston! If I was asked what could have made it a better dining experience, I would be hard pressed to come up with a flaw.my family and I can't wait to oh back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak; needs a dress codeDateWithWifeSansKidsDined on 6/15/2014The food, the service, everything was the quality I expect from Ruth's Chris .... but please, don't come in wearing shorts and a t-shirt with kids in tow. This is not a quick family meal spot after walking the Freedom Trail all-day kid of place.Special Features:
- As always, RC was fantasticLindsayDined on 6/15/2014The historical location (in the old city hall) and the beautiful outdoor dining area suited us perfectly for Father's Day lunch. This was my first time at this Ruth's Chris location, and it might have been the best experience I've had at a Ruth's Chris. The staff was fantastic - everyone wished my dad a Happy Father's Day - and the food was amazing, of course. I had the lobster bisque, salad, and petite filet - all were delicious. Highly recommended, and don't pass up the outdoor dining area if it's nice outside!Special Features:
- Amazing steaksLisad1115Dined on 6/14/2014Even if you are not a steak lover, this place will win you over. It is pricey, so save this for a special night out. Service and food were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down to the boneCourtDined on 6/14/2014I had the filet & my boyfriend had the cowboy steak. They were both top notch. So good he almost ate the bones. Perfection doesn't begin to explain our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.