Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
45 School Street
Old City Hall
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4999/Boston
- Phone: 6177428401
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Boston, MA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Boston is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner or any special event. Please email (email@example.com)) for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Duerr 8777965532
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Boston, MA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (208)romantic (136)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (90)great for lunch (72)good for groups (69)great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (28)scenic view (28)late-night find (15)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Dine-Out Boston weekMaryDined on 8/26/2014This is our third time for Ruth's Chris during Dine-out week and we were not disappointed. The filets were perfect and the cocktails were delish. The server was very attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Great Steak HouseltamkeiDined on 8/25/2014The steak is like no other - melts in your mouth. If the weather permits sit outside because the view is incredible. For being in the middle of the city the noise level is surprisingly low. The wait staff is very kind and prompt. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- KimmeyDined on 8/25/2014I had the fillet. It was delicious and cooked to perfection. It was actually sizzling when they served it. The service was impeccable. Kim, our waitress was very accommodating. I highly recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL DININGWONDERFULDined on 8/25/2014I am new to the Boston area and Ruth's Chris was the perfect way to begin restaurant week. They were punctual and catering to my entire party. They were accomodating when I called last minute and added one more person. I know how difficult it can be with changes and I appreaciate them for having excellent customer service.Special Features:
- FoodsweetpotatoDined on 8/24/2014The food was phenomenal best meal I have had in a long time. Definitely recommend upgrading to the sweet potato casserole was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet potato casserole to die for!like2eatDined on 8/24/2014From seating till paying everything was PERFECT! We sat at a lovely outside table, enjoyed a DELICIOUS meal. The salads were fresh and delicious - not overly dressed. The steak (filet) was the tenderest, tastiest I've had. The shrimp were scrumptious. The mushrooms were yummy. The highlight was the SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE. It MUST be ordered. Can't wait to go back and have the whole thing myself - no sharing it's soooo good! The wine list was complete and when deciding we were given a taste to help the decision! Dessert was good, but not necessary after the sweet potato casserole - OR, order it for dessert too!!!Special Features:
- Great again!PAGS57VIPDined on 8/24/2014The entire meal and experience was great again! Will keep going back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/20141st time there we had an awesome waitress. This time waitress was not as friendly. Busy night for the staff due to restaurant week. Food was great. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 8/24/2014We were given a table in the courtyard, and it was lovely. Our waiter was very helpful and our food was delicious. We participated in restaurant week menu which offered both steak and salmon. Our friends both ordered the salmon and said it was the best they've had in years. Our steaks were juicy and flavorful. We also had mashed potatoes (yummy) and asparagus. Dessert was a beautiful plate with fruit and chocolate cheesecake. There was nothing left on anyone's plate. We asked if we could stay and talk for a while, which was fine for them. We had a very satisfying meal in a lovely setting. We are definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not excellentCallieBananaDined on 8/24/2014We decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week as the last time this was offered we had a fabulous dining experience. This time everything was very good but not excellent: steak was cooked to perfection and the service was fantastic. Our disappointment was the overall Restaurant Week menu choices. Mashed potatoes were great and the asparagus was very good also, but the dessert was just okay. The wine we selected for $35 (Snap Dragon Cab) apparently is sold for $5 a bottle according to our app. It was good but never opened up, which to us made it overpriced for the value it offered. We would return again, but only if the menu offered better wine and dessert selections during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- outdoor summer dinnerjeslippersDined on 8/23/2014Also a fabulous meal! We did the Ruth's Classics Prix fix menu. I got the filet, my husband got the rib eye. It was delicious! We sat outdoors and it was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a romantic dinner!soskinnyDined on 8/22/2014The food and service are excellent at Ruth's Chris. The steak is probably the best I've ever had. My only complaint is that we were seated in a side room, not the main dining room, and it was VERY quiet. Great for a romantic evening though! I would recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Food was fantasticDVillanuevaDined on 8/22/2014One of my best restaurants experiences. My husband and I enjoyed the food, location, & decor. Best place for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week favoriteJeremiahDined on 8/22/2014This was my third visit to the restaurant during restaurant week and it was very good. I had the crab cakes which were very tasty. My only complaint was the piece of shell in one but once it was brought to the waitress' attention, a fresh one was brought out right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitEbbpebDined on 8/22/2014Love the restaurant It took a little while to get seated Very busy "dine around Boston week" The food was fantastic the service was the best I would definitely recommend it And having lunch in the old city hall was so amazing We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seamus12seamus12Dined on 8/22/2014Always go here during restaurant week. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing......CarmellaDined on 8/22/2014Went to lunch with my family on restaurant week. We were so looking forward to our visit. We have dined here many times and it has always been excellent, but not this time. Horrible service, grizzled, flavorless steak. Very poor quality cut of meat, not the steak that I remember. I have always encouraged others to go to Ruth's Chris, but something has changed for the worst. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED....
- dine bostonsuzanneDined on 8/22/2014Ruth's Chris has the best DINE OUT BOSTON. The filet served on a hot plate. Each bit is hot - so delicious. The Au Poivre Sauce was just okay. Maybe we will try the Bleu Cheese Crust next time. The potatoes and spinach so tasty. The bread also. Cheesecake with fresh fruit was a delightful ending for this mealSpecial Features:
- SheilaDined on 8/21/2014Amazing customer service and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend this restararuant as the food and service exceed my expectations.Special Features:
- Great time for restaurant weekMikeTDined on 8/21/2014Found this place on the restaurant week website and I highly recommend it to anyone to try this 5 star restaurant for a $20 lunch.Special Features:
- notgreatDined on 8/21/2014I have to admit this was not as good as usual. The corn chowder was not hot, the bread was not fresh, the mashed potatoes were good but not hot.. However the filet and asparagus were fabulous. It is restaurant week so it is difficult to be as great as usual but it wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shannon5Dined on 8/21/2014Went for restaurant week. Have gone to this restaurant many times and it has always been outstanding, but not this time. Horrible service, stale bread and grizzled steak. Very poor quality and even smaller portions than before. Have always encouraged others to go to Ruth's Chris, but something has changed for the worst.
- Nice experience at Dine Out BostonJimK7Dined on 8/21/2014A co-worker and I booked a lunch for Dine Out Boston (formerly Restaurant Week). My friend is not a beef eater but we were happy to see chicken, salmon, and crab cakes available in addition to steak. I had the salmon, he the crab. I asked the reduce the butter and oil that produces that wonderful sizzling sound; they did and it was a wonderful cut of fish. The salmon was cooked rare. It could have used a few more seconds cooking but was delicious. The chocolate cheesecake desert was a delicious puck of sweetness with a side of berries. We were seated downstairs in a deep wood paneled room; fine but not as elegant as the upstairs dining room. I always appreciate that they use the silver scoop to clear the table before desert.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food is always wonderful. During good summer days the patio is open and is very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 8/21/2014went there for the RW and the fillet steak was very tender, liked it!
- suzieqDined on 8/21/2014Five of us went for lunch. Everyone enjoyed the food. The food was excellent and the service was great. Service was friendly, relaxing atmosphere. The mash sweet potato was excellent. The crab cakes were great and so was the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must see location and great foodhookedonBostonDiningDined on 8/20/2014We went there during restaurant week and had the filet. It was cooked perfectly - to my order. The building the Ruths Chris is in is an old state building and has many rooms that keep the dining intimate. Very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Always greatMadamDined on 8/20/2014I went recently with my boyfriend. It was delicious as always. We split the ahi tuna and loved it!! We both also got filets and garlic mashed, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!PammyVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is by far the most superior steak house in Boston! Wonderful friendly service, beautiful restaurant and excellent food. You could not ask for anything better. Our server, Kim, was wonderful. She was very efficient and knowledgeable. I would suggest asking for her if you dine at this wonderful restaurant! Thank you for always providing a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Ruth CHris:my favorite steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food, service & attention to detail is consistently high. Ruth Chris is the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time by all !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We went for lunch with our 2 children ages 4 and 5 . I was very nervous taking them. My husband and I have been before for dinner and wouldn't have thought it was a place for children . I was surprised by the children's menu that was offered. They gave both kids crayons . It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SammyDined on 8/20/2014Was so disappointed with the service that it ruined the whole experience. shame on !
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Overall the food and ambience was great! I would definitely recommending going to this restaurant. The service was not great. Our waitress was not welcoming and ignored us for part of the time. We had to ask for our first course, after watching two tables, who came after us, get their meal. By that time we were turned off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined by the serviceDolphinbayVIPDined on 8/20/2014Our server was lazy, unfriendly, and slow. She acted like we ruined her day by being there and we were pleasant people who smile and appreciate everyone not to mention good tippers. I always go to RC when I crave good steaks and service. This time is a miss. Please treat your customers better next time because they're the ones who will keep you in business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMelissaHDined on 8/20/2014I've been to Ruths Chris many times and I have yet to have a bad meal or bad service. Everything is always top notch. Drinks are great, steaks cooked perfect, service is always fantastic.Special Features:
- Delicious food but poor serviceBostonMAVIPDined on 8/19/2014We arrived early to celebrate our first outing since newborn but were sat 25 min after reservation time in a basement level dingy corner. Then, my appetizer came out incorrect. As a result of both delays, we unfortunately had to request subsequent courses and bill to all come out together asap.
- Amazing Food!BostongalDined on 8/19/2014The food as Ruth Chris is amazing! My mother had the most tender steak, and though they're known for steak I ventured out and got roasted chicken that was amazing. All of our food came in sizzling hot plates which was great because our food remained hot throughout the entire meal. The dessert was delicious as well! Our waiter was a little annoying...but it happens from time to time.Special Features:
- julesDined on 8/19/2014Very pleasent experince. From the hostess and wait staff. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always delicious!!crazyacctntDined on 8/19/2014I always look forward to Ruth's Chris because I know that the food will be consistantly good. I never miss dine out week because then it is also ecomonical. I only get the filet because that's why I go to a steak house. It is always prepared exactly as ordered. That should not be an issue but it has been at other places.Special Features:
- disappointedLexisauntDined on 8/19/2014somewhat disappointing. Seemed the vegetable portions were rather small..The steak was overdone. Tasted good, but, not exceptional as in the past. desert was good but, needed some whip cream to offset the solid chocolate cheese cake. Serivce was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.