Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
45 School Street
Old City Hall
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4999/Boston
- Phone: 6177428401
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Boston, MA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Boston is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner or any special event. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org)) for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Duerr 8777965532
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Boston, MA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (207)romantic (131)fit for foodies (87)notable wine list (86)great for lunch (69)good for groups (66)great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (25)scenic view (20)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- LindyDined on 8/27/2014Food and service were great but the price even with the discounted rate still expensive it's sad that some people will never be able to experience the food there because of the costSpecial Features:
- GerriGDined on 8/27/2014One of my favorite spots in Boston. Great for a special birthday or treat for a friend.Special Features:
- Awesome as Always!PineapplesDined on 8/27/2014Every Restaurant Week 3 of us hit Ruth's Chris for lunch - it is such a wonderful deal and the food is always the best! The only thing I missed this year was their bread pudding - the chocolate cheesecake was very good, but the bread pudding is to die for!Special Features:
- notgreatDined on 8/27/2014It was very good. Better then the last time. Service was great and food served hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 8/27/2014Ruth Chris Steak House is great place to eat. This being my first visit I like the location downtown...in a historic foundation surrounding a historic environment. I would choose to eat there again possible at another location.Special Features:
- EddieDined on 8/27/2014Portions and food were just ok. Very noisy and the service was spotty.Special Features:
- Great Food, Not So Great ServiceDaveDined on 8/27/2014This particular visit is uncharacteristic of my many other experiences with this establishment when both the food and service have always been 5 star caliber. The food, as always was great! I have never had anything less than a delicious perfectly cooked steak here. The service was slow. They forgot to serve one of us the appetizer and there was an extremely long delay between dinner and dessert, so long that a couple of us had to leave. Granted it was restaurant week and they were busy, but I expected much better from one of my favorite dining spots in Boston. I would still highly recommend Ruth's Chris to my friends based on my many other outstanding dining experiences here in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good business lunch locationTWILLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Good place for a business lunch downtown. Took a while for us to get seated since our reservation was right when the restaurant opened. It was very hot in the waiting area - wish they had air conditioning when you are waiting to be seated. Once we were seated service was polished and food was very good.Special Features:
- Best SteakMariyaDined on 8/26/2014Rare Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Crust. That is all.Special Features:
- ONE WORD: WOWLivingBusyWithJanineDined on 8/26/2014My friends and I went during Boston Restaurant Week and got an incredible 3 course meal for $38 per person, and an incredible bottle of red wine for a discounted price of $58. It was a great reason to gather a group of friends together and have an enjoyable time (and food) for 3 hours. We ordered from the fixed price menu (all dishes are served on a plate that is heated in the oven to 450 degrees), so the food comes out STILL SIZZLING. The filet literally melts in your mouth (as advertised), the crab cakes are flavorful and large sizes (you get 3), and the salmon was exquisite (wild caught). The location is very romantic, with option for indoor and outdoor dining. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Street parking on weekday after 5pm is not an issue hereSpecial Features:
- Gluten-Free, not Gluten-Friendly?LaPageDined on 8/26/2014I didn't feel much care was taken in ensuring that gluten-sensitive people are taken care of here. It started with being given a salad with croutons in it, despite stating my allergy up front. I didn't see the croutons right away as all 2 of them were hidden in the salad, but fortunately, my allergy is not severe and I was able to switch for the correct salad. Nice dinners should be topped off with nice desserts and for dessert, I was stuck with 1 gluten-free option - frozen fruit-flavored sugar water (sorbet). Just kind of a disappointing way to end an otherwise great meal, and while it's not much to everyone, it means something to me, so 4 stars instead of 5. And yeah, it's enough to make me eat at Capital Grille instead. :\Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerNorthshoremanVIPDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I went for our Anniversary and were not disappointed. It happened to be during Restaurant Week in Boston so we ordered off of the special menu and were totally satisfied. The waiter let me substitute just a little which made it even better. We both had the Filet and shared sides of sweet potato casserole and creamed spinach. The Filet was cooked perfectly - as we ordered it, and the sides were delicious. The sweet potato casserole is very sweet like a dessert which we actually liked. The spinach was excellent as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Like It Used To BeDelLouDined on 8/26/2014I have dined at the Boston and Atlanta locations and the last meals at both locations were horrible. I went to Ruth Chris' Boston on 08/26/14. The garlic cream in the baked chicken tasted like it was cream cheese only. Not light and fluffy but very dense. The corn chowder was luke warm. My dishes were dirty. The bread pudding was awful and the waitress was upset that I sent it back. My waitress Kim should maybe consider another career. I don't ever expect a waitress to become irritated that a customer doesn't like the food. I didn't eat all of the pudding then say I don't like it. One bite and that was enough. Needless to say I will never go back to this establishment again. The food is too expensive to not leave completely satisfied.
- CharleneDined on 8/26/2014Not the best Ruth's Chris Steak House I've dined at, but still better than some of the alternatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris never disappointsChristineDined on 8/26/2014Every time I visit Ruth's Chris I get the filet mignon ... its delicious ... very tender. I have never had a bad steak from there. I also love their lobster bisque and their bread pudding dessert. The service is always great. I have no complaints about Ruth's Chris.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine-Out Boston weekMaryDined on 8/26/2014This is our third time for Ruth's Chris during Dine-out week and we were not disappointed. The filets were perfect and the cocktails were delish. The server was very attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Great Steak HouseltamkeiDined on 8/25/2014The steak is like no other - melts in your mouth. If the weather permits sit outside because the view is incredible. For being in the middle of the city the noise level is surprisingly low. The wait staff is very kind and prompt. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- KimmeyDined on 8/25/2014I had the fillet. It was delicious and cooked to perfection. It was actually sizzling when they served it. The service was impeccable. Kim, our waitress was very accommodating. I highly recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL DININGWONDERFULDined on 8/25/2014I am new to the Boston area and Ruth's Chris was the perfect way to begin restaurant week. They were punctual and catering to my entire party. They were accomodating when I called last minute and added one more person. I know how difficult it can be with changes and I appreaciate them for having excellent customer service.Special Features:
- FoodsweetpotatoDined on 8/24/2014The food was phenomenal best meal I have had in a long time. Definitely recommend upgrading to the sweet potato casserole was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet potato casserole to die for!like2eatDined on 8/24/2014From seating till paying everything was PERFECT! We sat at a lovely outside table, enjoyed a DELICIOUS meal. The salads were fresh and delicious - not overly dressed. The steak (filet) was the tenderest, tastiest I've had. The shrimp were scrumptious. The mushrooms were yummy. The highlight was the SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE. It MUST be ordered. Can't wait to go back and have the whole thing myself - no sharing it's soooo good! The wine list was complete and when deciding we were given a taste to help the decision! Dessert was good, but not necessary after the sweet potato casserole - OR, order it for dessert too!!!Special Features:
- Great again!PAGS57VIPDined on 8/24/2014The entire meal and experience was great again! Will keep going back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/20141st time there we had an awesome waitress. This time waitress was not as friendly. Busy night for the staff due to restaurant week. Food was great. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 8/24/2014We were given a table in the courtyard, and it was lovely. Our waiter was very helpful and our food was delicious. We participated in restaurant week menu which offered both steak and salmon. Our friends both ordered the salmon and said it was the best they've had in years. Our steaks were juicy and flavorful. We also had mashed potatoes (yummy) and asparagus. Dessert was a beautiful plate with fruit and chocolate cheesecake. There was nothing left on anyone's plate. We asked if we could stay and talk for a while, which was fine for them. We had a very satisfying meal in a lovely setting. We are definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not excellentCallieBananaDined on 8/24/2014We decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week as the last time this was offered we had a fabulous dining experience. This time everything was very good but not excellent: steak was cooked to perfection and the service was fantastic. Our disappointment was the overall Restaurant Week menu choices. Mashed potatoes were great and the asparagus was very good also, but the dessert was just okay. The wine we selected for $35 (Snap Dragon Cab) apparently is sold for $5 a bottle according to our app. It was good but never opened up, which to us made it overpriced for the value it offered. We would return again, but only if the menu offered better wine and dessert selections during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- outdoor summer dinnerjeslippersDined on 8/23/2014Also a fabulous meal! We did the Ruth's Classics Prix fix menu. I got the filet, my husband got the rib eye. It was delicious! We sat outdoors and it was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a romantic dinner!soskinnyDined on 8/22/2014The food and service are excellent at Ruth's Chris. The steak is probably the best I've ever had. My only complaint is that we were seated in a side room, not the main dining room, and it was VERY quiet. Great for a romantic evening though! I would recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Food was fantasticDVillanuevaDined on 8/22/2014One of my best restaurants experiences. My husband and I enjoyed the food, location, & decor. Best place for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week favoriteJeremiahDined on 8/22/2014This was my third visit to the restaurant during restaurant week and it was very good. I had the crab cakes which were very tasty. My only complaint was the piece of shell in one but once it was brought to the waitress' attention, a fresh one was brought out right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitEbbpebDined on 8/22/2014Love the restaurant It took a little while to get seated Very busy "dine around Boston week" The food was fantastic the service was the best I would definitely recommend it And having lunch in the old city hall was so amazing We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seamus12seamus12Dined on 8/22/2014Always go here during restaurant week. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing......CarmellaDined on 8/22/2014Went to lunch with my family on restaurant week. We were so looking forward to our visit. We have dined here many times and it has always been excellent, but not this time. Horrible service, grizzled, flavorless steak. Very poor quality cut of meat, not the steak that I remember. I have always encouraged others to go to Ruth's Chris, but something has changed for the worst. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED....
- dine bostonsuzanneDined on 8/22/2014Ruth's Chris has the best DINE OUT BOSTON. The filet served on a hot plate. Each bit is hot - so delicious. The Au Poivre Sauce was just okay. Maybe we will try the Bleu Cheese Crust next time. The potatoes and spinach so tasty. The bread also. Cheesecake with fresh fruit was a delightful ending for this mealSpecial Features:
- SheilaDined on 8/21/2014Amazing customer service and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend this restararuant as the food and service exceed my expectations.Special Features:
- Great time for restaurant weekMikeTDined on 8/21/2014Found this place on the restaurant week website and I highly recommend it to anyone to try this 5 star restaurant for a $20 lunch.Special Features:
- notgreatDined on 8/21/2014I have to admit this was not as good as usual. The corn chowder was not hot, the bread was not fresh, the mashed potatoes were good but not hot.. However the filet and asparagus were fabulous. It is restaurant week so it is difficult to be as great as usual but it wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shannon5Dined on 8/21/2014Went for restaurant week. Have gone to this restaurant many times and it has always been outstanding, but not this time. Horrible service, stale bread and grizzled steak. Very poor quality and even smaller portions than before. Have always encouraged others to go to Ruth's Chris, but something has changed for the worst.
- Nice experience at Dine Out BostonJimK7Dined on 8/21/2014A co-worker and I booked a lunch for Dine Out Boston (formerly Restaurant Week). My friend is not a beef eater but we were happy to see chicken, salmon, and crab cakes available in addition to steak. I had the salmon, he the crab. I asked the reduce the butter and oil that produces that wonderful sizzling sound; they did and it was a wonderful cut of fish. The salmon was cooked rare. It could have used a few more seconds cooking but was delicious. The chocolate cheesecake desert was a delicious puck of sweetness with a side of berries. We were seated downstairs in a deep wood paneled room; fine but not as elegant as the upstairs dining room. I always appreciate that they use the silver scoop to clear the table before desert.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food is always wonderful. During good summer days the patio is open and is very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 8/21/2014went there for the RW and the fillet steak was very tender, liked it!