Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: 6175479007x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)kid-friendly (25)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Raw Food set up was not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013It was extremely busy. The lines for the raw food were way too long, terribly set up where people were coming at the food from both ends and the middle. Bowls should be on one end and that way people can only go in one direction. The gridlock was painful.
- Fun and interactive, thisMelanieDined on 3/16/2013Fun and interactive, this is a great place to go with a group as it allows a lot of socializing and interactionSpecial Features:
- My first Fire and Ice Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013I liked it, the food was good, the price was right. I enjoyed watching my food being cooked in front me. I loved the way the waiter took us around to each station and explained 'what you do' when going to the grill.That was cool! My first time ever being there and I will be coming again. The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the fact there was no beef sausage, or turkey bacon for my Omelet. I don't eat pork and I'm sure there are other patrons who don't eat pork. Other than that everything was good. I really enjoyed the entertainment/music while eating.Special Features:
- Fire & Ice was a great venueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Fire & Ice was a great venue for my daughter's sweet 16 birthday. She and 7 friends really enjoyed the food and atmosphere . The location of Harvard square is absolutely perfect. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- The make your own meal settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013The make your own meal setting ($17 per person) has a lot of value for the dollar. The tuna and tilapia were fresh and the rice was sticky and well prepared. They ran out of many items towards the end of the evening, turkey burgers, whipped cream, hot fudge, and salad fixings.Special Features:
- Music is too loud for a placeCarolDined on 3/1/2013Music is too loud for a place that's noisy anyway, but being in the lower room helped. When you expanded you didn't expand the grill. I've never been there when it's so crowded.
- good food ok everything elseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Food was very good, but I was very disappointed with the table. We got seated at a wobbly hightop by the bar, even with a reservation, the tables are ridiculously close together and it seems dangerous with everyone carrying hot food around trying to squeez by. My head was constantly hitting the bottom of the projector screen that had horrible resolution and made everyones eyes hurt since we wete seated right against it. The waitress forgot to give us menus, and was impossible to find when we were looking for the check. The food here is very good and the creative buffet it definitely an experience. I think if they took some tables out and left some room for their customers to breath, it would be a much more enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great and unique experience.JxrodrigDined on 2/22/2013Great and unique experience. Lots of variety and quantity of food for a good price.Special Features:
- Upbeat fun for the whole crewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Went early on a Friday night with a family of 7. 4 people have gluten allergies. Our server was perfect. The staff was very helpful. We are a loud crowd, and it was fun for us all. 5 kids ages 17 through 6 and there was something for everybody. Super fun! We're already planning a return for a birthday. Note: Parking across the street is $34 no matter how long you stay, if you stay past 6pm on Friday.Special Features:
- A great place for group gathering,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013A great place for group gathering, because everyone finds something they like, although it can be a bit noisy.Special Features:
- I have a great time when IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I have a great time when I go there. The prices are very reasonable and the food is great. I do have one suggestion I love steak and everytime I go there its different its either shaved steak or steak tips. I love the steak tips I enjoy the shaved steak as well everything is always amazing. I just would love it if you could always have steak tips as well as shaved steak. I do appreciate the services you guys are great and I wouldn't change anything. Its a perfect place to go and I truly enjoy every minute I spend there thank you very much for everything you do.Special Features:
- It was a very nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013It was a very nice experience. The service was great and the food was excellant.Special Features:
- Very good food. A new experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Very good food. A new experience to have everything done in front of you!Special Features:
- I was late for the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I was late for the reservation and the hosts were very kind and patient in waiting for my party. I greatly appreciated that. I ordered water and the waitress brought me an alcoholic drink instead. I wanted my water and didn't want to pay for the drink so she brought it back. I feel like she should have just given it to me for free since she messed up, the alcohol got wasted anyway.Special Features:
- The service was great allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013The service was great all around from the host, waiter and cooks. I love the whole concept of Fire & Ice & it's just a really laid back environment.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I come hereJS28Dined on 1/25/2013My boyfriend and I come here every so often when we're in the mood for a buffet style place. The food is ample and it's very good - you pick your raw meats/veggies/sauces and they cook it for you so it's really what you make of it. The shareable drinks are big and delicious and will last your whole meal. The price is more than reasonable because you get a lot for your money. Good deal, good food.Special Features:
- I made my reservation a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013I made my reservation a little over a week before the dinner. We had 10 people attending and I was excited to be able to spend my birthday with my good friends at a great restaurant. Unfortunately the experience did not live up to what I had expected. We were sat at a table that seemed great..for a party of 8. Being that there were 10 of us I went to speak to the host about finding another table. You would have thought I was asking him to move the heaven and earth. He seemed annoyed, and the woman who he sent to move the tables was extremely annoyed and made no attempt to hide her unpleasantness. Our server had essentially the same mentality. When we saw him, he would forget drinks and seemed generally bother by our presence. Disappoint
- The food was amazing. WasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013The food was amazing. Was very impressed with the quality of meats and vegetables that were made available. Once I had picked my items, it was cooked to perfection. The noise level was the only thing that I didn't like about this restaurant. It was extremely difficult to have a conversation with the amount of noise. The waitress also took great care of us and made the experience very enjoyably.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Food was great. I liked that they have options for vegetarians and vegans.Special Features:
- The location was great asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012The location was great as we were headed to the A.R.T.. The food choices were abundant (good for the vegetarians and meat eaters in our party.) The food was good, but not great. Since you fill your own bowl with food and select your own sauce it is hard to know if the quality is due to your own selection. Several of us missed the onions when we were filling our bowls - they are with the burgers and not the other vegetables for stir fry. The broccoli was undercooked on all of our dishes. I would return again with a group, especially if there were a lot of hungry growing teens (and young adults.) The value of being able to go back again was completely unrealized by our group - who have smaller appetites and only made one pass.Special Features:
- Perfection.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012We were there fairly early in the evening. We were seated right away, all our questions were answered by both the hostess and our waitress. The food was fresh, and cooked to perfection. There were many choices, so we ate slow and really enjoyed the food. We never felt rushed by the staff so they could reseat the table. I would absolutely go back and recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Good for folks who want toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2012Good for folks who want to eat and eat and eat. Treat yourself to a night of overeating, because for modest portions of the excellent food, the price is too high.Special Features:
- Very energetic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/23/2012Very energetic restaurant and fun place. They now have more offerings, like soup and an ice cream sundae bar. You know what to expect when you eat at fFire and Ice. It's not an elegant place. It's just fun.Special Features:
- Family Friendly, Healthy choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012We were looking for a place that would allow we parents to have good healthy food, and provide choices for our picky children. We're tired of "mac and cheese" "make your own pizza" and burger. Fire & Ice was just the spot. It's noisy, the lights are amazingly harsh (hate those twisty bulbs), the seating is either hard chairs or high straight backed booths. So, not the place for romance or quiet conversation. Choose your protein (beef, poulty, fishes, tofu) and veggies, aromatics, and sauces. They cook it on a great big griddle. Fresh, hot and delicious. We'll go again.Special Features:
- We came here for my birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012We came here for my birthday. I loved that I could make a reservation for a large group that same day. Food was cooked perfectly, the cooks were very good at asking how we wanted our steak and burgers cooked. We hadn't been here in awhile and it was nice too see new sauce choices. I had signed up for their email club a long time ago and realized that they had sent me a free birthday entree. I really like their reward program. Overall, we had a good time and will probably come back soon!Special Features:
- We went to Fire & Ice forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/21/2012We went to Fire & Ice for my daughter's 13th birthday. The kids had a blast. They love being able to make as many plates as they want, and watch the chefs cook up their creations. There were lots of meat and fish choices to pick from -- two kinds of fish, shrimp, squid, chicken many different ways, steak, pork, etc. Could have used a few more vegetable choices to go with the meats, but there is a salad bar. I would love to see this restaurant get a little update. It is a bit tired - carpet, decor-wise. Fabulous concept, but the atmosphere is lacking a bit.Special Features:
- Lots of options, high quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2012We went for my daughter's 16th birthday. The food options were varied - Chinese, Mexican, Italian etc.,- and very tasty..I had shrimp and tenderloin. You can get all you can eat..They cooked the vegetarian food on a separate grill. They had TVs in every direction blaring kids movies or sports. Our server was great. My only complaint is that they calculated the mandatory 18% tip (for a group of only 7) on food drink AND TAX which is very high in Cambridge. 18% is very high for a restaurant where you serve yourself, but I didn't complain only because of the sever, who gave us a tour and cut my daughter's cake for us.Special Features:
- Fun group, pitchers, all youOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/16/2012Fun group, pitchers, all you can eat grill. Took our reservation early without blinking. Friendly service.Special Features:
- Given that people have toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2012Given that people have to get up and move around, this Fire & Ice is somewhat cramped, but not too much so. It would be better if there was a clear line through the food area too. But overall, it was very good. Its hard to go wrong when you get to pick out exactly what you want and how much!!! We went for something different for a birthday dinner and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- The drinks were great! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012The drinks were great! The food even better. I really liked the scene! Felt very confortable there.Special Features:
- We came down on a Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012We came down on a Monday night for our daughter's 20th birthday. We were our family and a group of our daughter's college friends. All the kids loved the all you can eat aspect, and the food was very good; fresh veggies, meats everything! The staff was very accommodating to our requests for flowers on the table and a wonderful carrot cake with candles all prepared! Over-all, a really fun night with good food and great company!Special Features:
- Won't be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2012Seems like the grill folks aren't paying attention anymore. Half of the things that I gave them ended up in my husband's dinner (he was next to me, and had all beef, whereas I had seadfood) So I ended up with all vegetables in a burned tasting sauce, even though they put it on at the very end. Maybe this place is past it's prime. There are too may other interesting places to go- I will not be back.Special Features:
- This was my first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012This was my first experience at Fire and Ice and I was unimpressed. My date and I were seated downstairs in a corner, under a speaker, surrounded by large groups and we were unable to carry a conversation because the noise level was so high. I asked if we could be moved, and there would be a half hour wait to do so (even though I had a reservation). The food was ok - nothing I couldn't make for myself for less money. I don't expect ever wanting to go back.
- Very crowded, food is OK,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012Very crowded, food is OK, mass quantities versus qualitySpecial Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012The food was great and the lunch deal was a great price.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 6:30SkiandRowMomDined on 11/9/2012We had a reservation for 6:30 and arrived at 6:15. We were seated right away, no wait! Great atmosphere! Love the fun music.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, fun forNicdrDined on 11/9/2012Great restaurant, fun for 'kids' of all ages. The server I had was not the most attentive and a little on the ride side-maybe he was having a bad day? Anyhow didn't put me off-and in fact I returned to the Boston Fire + Ice the next day to try it all again :-)Special Features:
- Food was good, certainly notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Food was good, certainly not as entertaining nor as fast paced as the Boston location. Location in need of an uplift and baby changing station.Special Features:
- Lots of fun, but needs some helpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012My daughter loves this place, but on our recent visit, the lines to pick up food were very long, and staff wasn't very helpful - actually added to the problemSpecial Features:
- not so hot and definetely not coolOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012Went there for the first time. it was a very slow night, most tables were empty. service was poor. waiter was hard to find. had a feeling it was because we were using a dining coupon. when he brought our appetizers he did not bring plates. He was so slow returning that we had to get up and get our own plates. took a long time to get him back to order another round of drinks. As for the food, nothing special. can't understand why some folks rave about this place. we will not return.