Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: 6175479007x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)kid-friendly (31)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (14)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Love Fire and IceHistoricDined on 8/10/2013The Providence Location is my favorite. Cambridge is better than the Boston location (too loud, bad seating arrangement, too many college kids). I love the whole concept though. The chefs at the Cambride location lacked energy - they were all business, but they got the job done. The waitress forgot about us at the end.... and a gnat landed in my date's drink, causing the waitress to have to bring him a new one. There is also no parking... you have to pay to park in a lot accross the street, or fight for a spot on the street somewhere... but that's typical for cambridge/boston. HOWEVER, I LOVE the whole idea of Fire & Ice and I definitly reccomend it to anyone who's never been... but choose the Providence location if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a tad underwhelmedkevindryer39Dined on 8/10/2013As the title suggests, I did enjoy myself (as did my fiancee and the couple we were with), however I was a bit underwhelmed considering he price. If you like the concept of mix/matching your own food, then this place is for you. If you want the best bang for your buck or if you want to be wowed by taste, there are plenty of other places out there in Harvard Square that can do that at the same price. Nonetheless, great spot for a date night in Harvard Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to the last bite!DineAroundDined on 8/10/2013I went to Fire and Ice this past weekend. We went as a group of adults and teens - 8 in all, and arrived at 6pm. I recommend early dining with children here. The noise level was very low, and we enjoyed our company. The food was excellent. I got my favorite veggies, rice noodles, tuna, shrimp and a couple of pieces of tofu. Add the yakitori sauce and every bite was excellent!!! My teens enjoyed the mesquite BBQ sauce, chicken and steak along with their favorite veggies. Next time, I'll get the same thing! Thanks, Fire and Ice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funcarolRDined on 8/8/2013Fire & Ice in Cambridge was a fun experience. It is great for anyone for dinner, because you choose your own food to have grilled in front of you. Everyone can find something they like!Special Features:
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2013My co-workers and I often frequent Fire & Ice for lunch. It's quite affordable during lunch. Dinner offers the same thing, but prices are higher. It's quite an experience selecting your own raw food to be cooked right before your eyes. I would highly recommend that you try it for lunch, the higher cost for dinner may still be worth it to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I won't go again on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013I won't go again on a friday. Traffic and parking was terrible. We ended up being late, had to wait as if I didn't have a reservation. server was slow and creepy we sat in dark booth with ripped seats. Noise was unbearable. Wanted a fun night out without the baby but just ended up stressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...one big problemhappycamperzDined on 7/22/2013This was our first visit to Fire & Ice. The food is very good & is only limited by your imagination. You pick your food & bring it to the grill & they cook it for you. This is a fun concept, unfortunately we witnessed the big drawback. Since all the food & sauces are out in the open & the place is very busy...anyone can put their fingers in the food. We saw a person(adult, not child) put her finger in the sauce container taste it & then put her finger in the next sauce(UGH!!!!). We notified our server & the manager immediately spoke to her & changed the sauces. But what if we hadn't seen this happen? No one from the restaurant watches what is happening with all this food sitting out in the open. I don't think we will be back.Special Features:
- 16th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013We celebrated my son's 16th birthday recently. Our wait person knew it was a birthday celebration and worked to make it even more festive. She brought the kids a fun fruit drink in a large goblet with colorful straws. She had the customers around us join in singling happy birthday. She really made a special day even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmospherebride2beDined on 7/20/2013We came for a bachelorette party and it was a blast! The service was excellent and on top of things, and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire and Ice Cambridge -- GREAT!DsnyMomDined on 7/20/2013Great experience, great food! Friendly atmosphere. Had reservations for 10 on a Saturday night. The restaurant called that day to confirm. Our table was ready and waiting. This was our first visit, so the friendly wait staff guided us to the food selection area and gave us all the details needed to get started choosing the foods we wanted grilled, and how to select sauces, salads, burgers...the works! Great place to go to try new foods and enjoy old favorites. If you don't like the result, start over and try something different! Fun to watch your food being cooked. :) Everyone in the group enjoyed their choices, and went back for seconds. The homemade chips served at the table were still warm from cooking...YUM! A great time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took a bunch of young adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2013We took a bunch of young adults there because it was all you can eat. They ate a lot and seemed to enjoy it. The bowls of ingredients could have used attention. On this hot day, air conditioning issues and the very hot grill in the middle of the restaurant made this uncomfortable for patrons. I'm sure the grill cook was roasting, although he was a very nice person. The waiter was quite inattentive to our large party.
- Excellent place for a largeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2013Excellent place for a large group. We always bring out of town guests because Fire & Ice is such a unique experience for the out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!CollegeTouristsDined on 7/11/2013Food actually seemed to improve since last visit (and we were pleased last time). Variety seems to have increased as well. We introduced some friends to the restaurant and they loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2013If you are looking for an awesome restaurant in Cambridge, this is not it. It was a very casual restaurant with loud music and air conditioning that was freezing cold. The restaurant walls are dark, flooring was tacky, I never felt like I was in a clean restaurant. I went to this style of restaurant in Springfield, MS which was a Mongolian Grill and the food and atmosphere was so much better. I don't think I will be back - this was a one time visit.Special Features:
- Great Food But Service LackedBraysMommyDined on 7/1/2013We hated our table. My friends back was up against the salad counter. The server took our drink order and told us to get started. I wish she had given us a second to order the appetizer we wanted. We got up and enjoyed choosing our food and watching it be cooked. When we returned our drinks were there. My drink was delicious.She never came back to offer refills. I noted celebrating 2 birthdays in reservation. She didn't offer dessert. The manager came bye and put the check on the table and walked away. We were charged for a meal that was never consumed one guest only had a beer. We called him back over he fixed and gave the check back without a word. I celebrate my birthday here every year. Maybe next year I will try a different location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodYokoDined on 6/30/2013Got seated in a nice, quiet booth. Was great. You cook your own food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its fun and different!savrinahDined on 6/28/2013It is a cool experience. Great for groups since it is a fix price. All you can eat deal. You are your own chef :)Special Features:
- An experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Arriving at Fire and Ice we found parking a bit expensive, $20 for 2 hours. Went in and reservation was on books. Seating for our party was not prepared and we were squeezed in between two other groups. Assisted the staff with putting tables together to accommodate our party. Requested to relocate due to difficulty getting into the seats. Request was granted. Room was noisy and made talking difficult. On plus side waitress, food and drinks were excellent.Should be a note on Fire and Ice website on parking situation so people can carpool when coming from a distance. It was $100 for our group of 10. Maybe try a different location other than Cambridge next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your grandfather's Mongolian BQMaryDVIPDined on 6/9/2013Disappointed in food quality--used lower quality, bigger chunks of foode. Used to be shredded with better variety in all categories and sauces,
- Family and friendsjkk2Dined on 6/8/2013we gathered together and everyone could have something they could enjoy... didn't know there were burgers too... the lighting at the tables was poor although the grill area was bright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!BirthdayGirlDined on 6/1/2013The staff is so friendly and they make sure that you're soon perfectly fine, and, of course, the coolest part about Fire and Ice is the food and how it's made right in front of you so that you're less stressed out about what is in your food. Thank you for a terrific birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much worse than Boston locationrkingsleyDined on 6/1/2013I took my boyfriend to the Cambridge location of Fire & Ice and was pretty disappointed. The selection of food was terrible compared to the much larger Boston location, and didn't seem as fresh. There were too many pre-teens pushing their way through the line. After looking over our options with disappointment, we opted for a plain old burger, which was pretty good. I had been hoping for the fresh options and variety that I've experienced at the Boston location, but got school cafeteria-quality fare. Not worth the price at all.Special Features:
- okdoomaDined on 5/27/2013I am comparing the Fire and Ice in Cambridge to the one on Boylston St. in Boston and it doesn't compare. The one in Boston had more of a selection for food. The cooks are more lively in Boston. These cooks did not interact with the crowd at all. And what type of place doesn't have shrimp! Thats just crazy. I like Fire and Ice, but I will not be returning to the Cambridge location.
- When you don't want a crowd....AshleyDined on 5/25/2013I brought about 8 of my buddies out for a birthday dinner. I originally thought it would be a great idea to go to the Fire and Ice near Copley (take in the sights, walk around, whatever) but we couldn't get a reservation at that location for a reasonable time (seriously, who eats dinner at 10 at night?). So I booked a reservation for 8 on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend and when we arrived there were a few other parties there too, but we had a very small wait for our food to be cooked, not a ton of foot traffic gathering our ingredients, and our waiter was great on providing recommendations. If you're bringing a crowd, but don't want a CROWD, try the Cambridge location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great graduationgreatgradDined on 5/19/2013We had a party of 14 with reservations. We had a wonderful, patient waiter named John, who was willing to accommodate our need for 4 separate checks. The restaurant most definately needs a face lift. It is loud and somewhat chaotic, but we were there at a peak time. Our college graduates chose the location and everyone had a great time, especially the young people. The drinks were great.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneOutlanderDined on 5/18/2013We find Fire and Ice the perfect location when we want to bring the family that is scattered around the state together. With various family members gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, meat eaters and on special diets, this is the perfect solution. Everyone gets what they want. No family member has to plan 5 different meals for 10 people. The food is good. The process is fun. And the staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just OK...granted,JenLDined on 5/12/2013It was just OK...granted, I did go on Mothers Day, but it was nuts. Waited a decent amount of time for the food. Tables and drink menus were all sticky.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok to visit at least oncedpriquiDined on 5/12/2013I have visited Fire+Ice in Boston several times, my first time to visiting Fire+Ice in Cambridge The food is good at best, nothing to go crazy about but everyone should fine something to eat Service was poor or less than average at the Cambridge location, definitely worse than Fire+Ice in Boston Overall, Fire+Ice is a place to visit at least once to experience something different, nothing special, is like a buffet with raw meat :)
- Seating DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We love Fire and Ice and often go with groups to celebrate occasions. When we went with our family on mother's day, the seating arrangement made our visit so in comfortable it was hard to enjoy ourselves. They squeezed our party of 10 into a six person booth and an adjoining table, with very little space between the two. Because everyone's food is ready at different times, someone in the booth was always asking.everyone else to get up further, and squeezing past the other table was near impossible. Also, an extremely wobbly table dumped beverages on us before the manager came to switch it. Luckily the food was great and we had fun. But the seating plan was ridiculous for a party of ten and the staff should know better.Special Features:
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013I guess I expected more class for some reason, Maybe because of the prices. But it was like stepping into the chow hall of a discount cruise line. All the diners for Mother's Day brunch were unceremoniously crammed into one corner of the restaurant. No table service, they just assumed we know "how to do it"-- it was a mongolian barbecue set up, run by very young folks who just seemed to show up and take turns cooking. Plates were never cleared. Nobody refilled drinks. For 2 adults and 2 kids, 80 bucks NOT well spent.
- Surprisingly good for brunchOldParrotheadDined on 5/12/2013Been here many times for dinner, was pleasantly surprised at brunch. However, waitress with a bad attitude almost spoiled it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadshatterhandDined on 5/10/2013Not what I was expecting. Was more of a 'hip warehouse' atmosphere than a romantic dinner. The chefs did pour the wrong sauce on some of the dishes, but that kind of mistake is understandable and easily remedied. Wait time is reasonable for having the food cooked in front of you. Not what I was expecting, but I didn't leave unhappy.Special Features:
- Great foodAnthonyDined on 5/7/2013I took a bunch of employees out for lunch. The food was great, Cook was great. Our server didn't come around enough. We found our glasses empty often. But i guess that can happen when you already know what your tip will be since we had 10 people at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group dayJaeElleDined on 5/4/2013The only complaints I heard; the chicken was rubbery, and too many people caused our food to be slow.. But, some thought out waiter looked like vin diesel, so I think that made it worth it for them.Special Features:
- Great place for a group celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013We were at the restaurant for a rehearsal dinner and it worked out beautifully for us. It was great that everyone could choose whatever they had a yen for, and the process of choosing salads and stir-fry ingredients gave everyone something to talk about. The only suggestion I would make is to seat large parties (16 in our case) in a quieter area to make conversation a little easier.Special Features:
- Choices and choices! FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Choices and choices! Fun atmosphere and food when you want it!Special Features:
- Good food, but kids party noisychowDined on 4/20/2013Food was good as always. We were 4 adults who went there to eat for a birthday. We ended up with a group of 8 12 year olds celebrating one birthday. They were kind of crazy and very loud....typical for 12 year old girls. Just wish we hadn't been seated near them in more of a quite corner.Special Features:
- Overall, it was a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Overall, it was a good experience. However, one of my guests had an entire tray of ice water spilled on her while feeding her 6month old.although the staff apologized, I would have expected them to at least comp her drink our the fee charged for slicing a cake brought from an outside bakery.Special Features:
- Avianna's 16th Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013It was a Birthday Dinner we had a group of 10 . The music was perfect along with the atmosphere & selection of food.Special Features:
- The experience was wonderful!lostsheepDined on 4/6/2013The experience was wonderful! Very fun and exciting. The food left a lot to be desired (maybe that's just because of what I chose.... but maybe not). There was little that was special about it, and I was a bit disappointed by the sauce choices. They mostly seemed bland and unexciting.Special Features: