Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: 6175479007x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)kid-friendly (26)fit for foodies (15)hot spot (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fire and Ice is the Happening PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013I had an awesome time there. I went for my Birthday and brought my family with me (2 kids ages 2/5) . They fit right in and the staff was very supportive of children being there. I will be returning in many future occasions. One of my Favorite Restuarants :)Special Features:
- I took out of town friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I took out of town friends to Fire and Ice to celebrate teen age holiday birthdays- perfect for the diversity of food likes and comfortable on the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took our son for his Birthday.TBT4dinerDined on 11/30/2013The kids had a lot of fun. Food was good. Interesting approach. I'd prefer to have my dinner served, but all in all, a good time. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great night great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2013Food was excellent very friendly staff. Great selection and prices.Special Features:
- Always an adventureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013I've been to Fire & Ice a few times, and each visit has been a very positive experience. The people are friendly, the food is always fresh, and the selection is almost overwhelming. There are so many options from which to choose, that every visit can be entirely different from the one before. Whether you're a meat-eater, a vegetarian, or a vegan, you'll find plenty of food choices to meet your needs - and the most important ones (the sauces) are all labeled, to make your selections easier. A fun place to visit, and always a tasty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodchowDined on 11/19/2013Great food and lots of fun. Only drawback was we went on a Tuesday and the selection of items wasn't as good as later in the week. Tried the grilled pizza and it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Birthday DinnerLoriSDined on 11/18/2013Went with a friend to celebrate my birthday and use my free birthday meal which Fire and Ice most graciously provided. Had never been there before but my friend has been many times and showed me the ropes as well as our server explaining how it works. I was impressed with the selection of foods as well as presentation. Everything was so fresh and cooked to perfection. Have recommended to my friends, family and coworkers. Will be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dealFoodfinderVIPDined on 11/17/2013Fun way to get a mixed grille exactly the way you like it. Brought the teenaged kids and they liked the many choices to create their dishes. Sunday they served brunch items, pancakes were delicious. Cheap too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I felt very rushed to finishgabbyDined on 11/16/2013I felt very rushed to finish eating and leave the restaurant, several servers made sure to reinforce to us that the restaurant closed at 11pm. When we were done eating and wanted to order dessert there was a problem because the kitchen was closed... it was 11:15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013I celebrated my birthday here with 14 friends. The staff was very flexible and the food was delicious! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well runOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013We have gone to F&I many times before while visiting my daughter at college. However, I notice there may have been a change in management, or at least on the Saturday night shift. The manager (or the gentleman who appeared to be in charge).kept everyone moving and was constantly helping in all areas of the restaurant. Because of his hands on approach, we were brought in earlier than our reservation (every time before if you had a reservation they still made you wait 10 to 15 minutes). Kudos to the person who was in charge on 11/16 when we arrived at 5:40 for a 6 reservation, we really noticed a difference!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over crowdedCat14Dined on 11/9/2013Server was great and the reservation time was kept however, the place was a mess and the staff had a hard time keeping up with the food due to the fact that they had an extremely large party (100+kids ages 10-13) who were set free all at once to eat. Our family had to eat seperatley as there was no space to accommodate all of us at the grill due to the large party. We would probably go to the other Boston area location next time.
- Love this place!CoreyDined on 11/8/2013I really enjoy Fire N Ice every time I go. They have a wide variety of meats, sauces, and veggies to choose from!!! The cooks do a wonderful job keeping the many dishes separate. I always have a great time! I've been several times but this particular time (11/8), the waitress was terrible! We didn't have silverware, she rarely came over, and she seemed like she hated life! Also, our table was seated right next to the sauces. One of my friends who sat the closest to the sauces kept getting hit by people because the table was so close. That was kind of a turn off had it been our first time. Other than that, everything else was great! Fire N Ice's reward system is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire & Ice holding up wellSilkeVIPDined on 10/29/2013The concept is fun once in a while... choose your own raw food and have it grilled for you, with your choice of sauce... complemented by tortillas, rice, soup, salad... at a very reasonable price, in a slightly seedy but OK ambiance. The sauces have gotten blander and sweeter over the years, but presumably this is what customers want (?) Value proposition is good for us when attending a performance in Cambridge and wanting a quick and early dinner... one of the best midrange options in Harvard Square. Friendly waitperson, laid back atmosphere... especially fun for those of us who like to play with their food. :-)I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed the experience,ElaineDined on 10/25/2013I really enjoyed the experience, we were early on a Friday night so it was quiet which was fine for me. I think it would be fun to go with a group of friends. Seemed a little odd that we had to make reservations when only two tables eating in the restaurant. The only other people there were a handful of folks at the bar. I would definitely like to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsshushka136Dined on 10/24/2013We always meet up w friends at F&I. We eat until we're stuffed, have a couple drinks and talk and laugh and have a good time. Our only complaint is that the booths are on the dark side of the moon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for visitorsSusan123Dined on 10/15/2013When you're not sure what kind of food someone likes, it's great to come here because people pick out their own ingredients and portions; everyone gets just what they want .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicesokupthesun07Dined on 10/14/2013Our server was fantastic--always on top of things and very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Fire and iceJay2fullDined on 10/13/2013Had a great time with the family couldn't have asked for anything moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Hot SpotanalyticsoffinanceDined on 10/12/2013Went there with a group of students in Cambridge area - reunion type. Food was good and the quantity was great - it's a buffet place. I would def recommend it if you are looking for a place with an energetic crowd of people. The only thing - F&I could introduce some new items to the menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!DragonLadyDined on 10/12/2013I lived in the greater Boston area for several years, and always made a point to stop in for dinner at least once a year. I've been away from the area for almost a decade, and decided to return as part of a business trip. I have to say... NOTHING has changed, and that's a VERY good thing! The food is fresh and fantastic, the service is great, and the bar is both creative and extensive. It can be very loud at times, but that's to be expected when you have so many enthusiastic patrons enjoying themselves on a Saturday evening. Reservations are helpful! The line is a bit daunting when it's busy. But... funky decor, helpful flavor suggestions, and a meal that is *exactly* what you want (since you build it yourself!). Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedDiner2013Dined on 10/5/2013Had a reservation for 6:30 and was not seated until about 6:50. Long line at the "buffet" to select food to be grilled. Good selection of meats but not what I expected for vegies - no traditional "stir-fry" selections. Good selection of sauces but I found a full servicing of the schezwan sauce was way too much - might be good to inform customers of "watch-outs" like this. All selections at each station was well labeled so it was very clear what was available. Chicken stew was very good but can't comment on teh salad bar as I opted not to partake. While the concept was different - the rest of the experience was very ordinary and in my opinion not worth $16.99 + tax per person. Lots of better places to eat in the area
- Great placeKim11WRXDined on 10/4/2013This is absolutely the best place for a group or date night dinner!!Special Features:
- Food was very good, but noisy!nh12Dined on 10/4/2013Food was very good, but noisy! Great for students and just a fun place.Special Features:
- Unique dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2013Different dining experience. Great for date night.Special Features:
- 1st TimeNiceDined on 9/7/2013This was a new experience for my husband and I. This restaurant was referred to me by our eldest son so I decided to take his father there for his birthday. It was nice, new different. I would definitely recommend this place to othersSpecial Features:
- Good first experienceDamaliloveDined on 9/7/2013My family loved it except having to pay extra for icecream which is only vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. My friend forgot her iPad there and they kept it well till we realized we didn't have it many hours later. Thank again.Special Features:
- Amazing!foodiwillleaduguruDined on 9/1/2013I love this restuarant. The food is delicious, you get to select whatever you want and visually see it being prepared, there is a dessert option, and it's located in Harvard Square! It's perfect for a fun night out or special occassions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunDiannaMoonDined on 8/17/2013Fire and Ice is a great place for personalize service and the staff is very very nice...I have been going there for years and and I would do it again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013We had a great time, the meal is always excellent, but we were a bit surprised by the more limited vegetable option this time when we were there (when we had been there previously, the stir fry veggie options were more expansive). Other than that, the meal, drinks, and service were outstanding!Special Features:
- a fun place to celebrateswan5Dined on 8/13/2013We had a great first time experience. Paulo our server was helpful showing us how it worked and was very attentive. We are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Fire and IceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013The Providence Location is my favorite. Cambridge is better than the Boston location (too loud, bad seating arrangement, too many college kids). I love the whole concept though. The chefs at the Cambride location lacked energy - they were all business, but they got the job done. The waitress forgot about us at the end.... and a gnat landed in my date's drink, causing the waitress to have to bring him a new one. There is also no parking... you have to pay to park in a lot accross the street, or fight for a spot on the street somewhere... but that's typical for cambridge/boston. HOWEVER, I LOVE the whole idea of Fire & Ice and I definitly reccomend it to anyone who's never been... but choose the Providence location if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a tad underwhelmedkevindryer39Dined on 8/10/2013As the title suggests, I did enjoy myself (as did my fiancee and the couple we were with), however I was a bit underwhelmed considering he price. If you like the concept of mix/matching your own food, then this place is for you. If you want the best bang for your buck or if you want to be wowed by taste, there are plenty of other places out there in Harvard Square that can do that at the same price. Nonetheless, great spot for a date night in Harvard Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to the last bite!DineAroundDined on 8/10/2013I went to Fire and Ice this past weekend. We went as a group of adults and teens - 8 in all, and arrived at 6pm. I recommend early dining with children here. The noise level was very low, and we enjoyed our company. The food was excellent. I got my favorite veggies, rice noodles, tuna, shrimp and a couple of pieces of tofu. Add the yakitori sauce and every bite was excellent!!! My teens enjoyed the mesquite BBQ sauce, chicken and steak along with their favorite veggies. Next time, I'll get the same thing! Thanks, Fire and Ice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funcarolRDined on 8/8/2013Fire & Ice in Cambridge was a fun experience. It is great for anyone for dinner, because you choose your own food to have grilled in front of you. Everyone can find something they like!Special Features:
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2013My co-workers and I often frequent Fire & Ice for lunch. It's quite affordable during lunch. Dinner offers the same thing, but prices are higher. It's quite an experience selecting your own raw food to be cooked right before your eyes. I would highly recommend that you try it for lunch, the higher cost for dinner may still be worth it to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I won't go again on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013I won't go again on a friday. Traffic and parking was terrible. We ended up being late, had to wait as if I didn't have a reservation. server was slow and creepy we sat in dark booth with ripped seats. Noise was unbearable. Wanted a fun night out without the baby but just ended up stressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...one big problemhappycamperzDined on 7/22/2013This was our first visit to Fire & Ice. The food is very good & is only limited by your imagination. You pick your food & bring it to the grill & they cook it for you. This is a fun concept, unfortunately we witnessed the big drawback. Since all the food & sauces are out in the open & the place is very busy...anyone can put their fingers in the food. We saw a person(adult, not child) put her finger in the sauce container taste it & then put her finger in the next sauce(UGH!!!!). We notified our server & the manager immediately spoke to her & changed the sauces. But what if we hadn't seen this happen? No one from the restaurant watches what is happening with all this food sitting out in the open. I don't think we will be back.Special Features:
- 16th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013We celebrated my son's 16th birthday recently. Our wait person knew it was a birthday celebration and worked to make it even more festive. She brought the kids a fun fruit drink in a large goblet with colorful straws. She had the customers around us join in singling happy birthday. She really made a special day even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmospherebride2beDined on 7/20/2013We came for a bachelorette party and it was a blast! The service was excellent and on top of things, and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.