Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: 6175479007x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)kid-friendly (31)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (14)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Large Partymsg33VIPDined on 5/7/2014Had a great meal with ok service until the end. When we were ready for the check we couldn't find our server anywhere. We ended up waiting about 25 minutes for a check. We were a party of 12, and instead of asking us if we wanted the check split by guest, our server just dropped the check and told us she would run as many cards as we wanted. It was a little frustrating after 25 minutes of waiting to have to split the check ourselves 7 ways. I work in a restaurant too, so I understand not wanting to split a check and automatic gratuity, but in this case it would have made the transaction a lot easier. I guess if you are with a large part and looking for a split check, make this very clear when you sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun brunch spot for kidsat2014Dined on 5/4/2014The pick-your-own-ingredients bars for pancakes and omelets were great, and the kids loved seeing their pancakes cooked to order on the grill. It is really a fun brunch for a group, especially for young kids. They also had a variety of other foods available as part of the brunch, like pastries, fruit salad, etc. No one came around to take drink orders ever - we would have liked to order coffee. Perhaps because we were a large group, there was an automatic tip added to the bill, even though we basically had gotten no table service. But on the whole, everyone had a good time and ate well, so I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outNovaboDined on 4/30/2014We had a great time and it was perfect for a girls night out! Very recommanded for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for a large group .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We had reservations at 6:30 PM for 16 people and some in our group came in at early .A nice large bar to get a drink is available while waiting for your table. It is a fun restaurant and the food is OK.Great for kids .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun fun funmbaout2dineDined on 4/26/2014Very friendly staff. Great atmosphere. Fresh food. Great times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as expectedsokupthesun07Dined on 4/21/2014The only problem is not having a large enough stomach to accommodate all of the choices.Special Features:
- Perfect for food fanatics. Awesome!FoodfanaticDined on 4/18/2014This place has an absolutely amazing, friendly and energetic environment. From the moment you walk in, you hear great music, and see vibrant colors and people. The setup is perfect for those who love to experiment with flavors and ingredients. And even if you're not too creative, there is a menu that has suggested recipes for your favorite dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick reviewStrick454Dined on 4/12/2014I've been to Fire and Ice before (in Providence) and it's pretty straight forward. Had a typical (good) experience but the waitress was a little rude. She was pretty dismissive and while I didn't mind too much my girlfriend was offended. It won't keep us from coming back, but being a little friendlier to customers would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went with seven 14 yearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We went with seven 14 year olds for a birthday party, the boys had a great time, the food was fun and delicious, the waiter was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fire and iceanyedDined on 4/5/2014food not that good, its not what i thought it would be, its more like a big high school cafeteria, really not good for going out on special occasions, more for a casual dining if you dont mind waiting a long time to pick out ur food then watch them cook it... i can do that at home. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food but very crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Prime spot for tourists and groups, but the food is quite goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire & Ice ROCKS!ChazmoDined on 4/5/2014I took my wife to Fire & Ice in Harvard Sq for her birthday. The experience was great! The concept of creating your own meal is fun ad the food was great! Our server, Vincent, was excellent! He took the time to explain to us newbies the dining experience. He was incredibly helpful and was attentive to all our needs. If you go, ask for him! ChazmoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.FoodDined on 4/3/2014Great spot for group dinners! The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicemsg33VIPDined on 3/31/2014The food is always great, but the service was exceptional during our last meal. Our server was extremely attentive, knowledgeable, and welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very good, except forMissroshely29Dined on 3/29/2014It was very good, except for the part that the waitress got $40 on tip when she didnt do anything. I found myself asking for refills a couple times... But it was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome first impression!Musiclover84Dined on 3/28/2014Never been before. A few friends and I decided to go before a show at the Sinclair next door. It was awesome! There is something for every one! Service was fast and it's fun to create something and then watch it get grilled. I would recommend to start off with something small because you will end up wanting to create something you saw another guest create.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday Outing!CityloverDined on 3/28/2014A couple of friends took me out to Boston for a birthday dinner celebration and asked me what restaurant I wanted to go to. I remembered a couple of friends and clients at my work place telling me about how GREAT Fire+Ice is. I was curious and decided to give it a try. Anyway, I was SO happy we ate here. The atmosphere was fun and inviting, especially for the type of friends I was bringing. The staff was nice and helpful and the food was amazing. The drinks came to us quick and were delicious. Although we were a bit confused on how the food process worked, we got the hang of it. (My suggestion is don't get too little on the first plate, get a lot and be daring!) Overall, my experience was GREAT and everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Know What to ExpectOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2014Another fun night with a small crowd of 6 dining. Service was fine. Food was fresh a prepared nicely on the grill. Everyone at the table enjoyed themselves and we look forward to coming back soon. It's a perfect place for large parties and for teenagers/young adults to frequent with friends for events.Special Features:
- sweet16partysweet16parentDined on 3/22/2014Very pleased with customer service orientation of staff both in advance and the day of my daughter's party. Festive so perfect for the Sweet 16 Party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experienceIttybritty26Dined on 3/20/2014Fire + ice is a great interactive experience & awesome if you like having full control over what/how much you're eating. The only downside is I would not reccomend it to anyone with a food allergy or sensitivity because everything is cooked on the same grill & often touches other food (I ended up with a potato from my husbands dish in mine). Definitely a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Service-Need More PhotosMisabelleDined on 3/19/2014This was a first-time visit at Fire + Ice for many in our group - It was very enjoyable, the waiter assigned to us provided great service and the host was exceptionally helpful. My only suggestion is that Fire + Ice add more photos of the restaurant space, including function rooms, so that large groups can decide on proper seating arrangements in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire & IceJackieDined on 3/18/2014I love the choices! Food is a little above average. Kind of pricey is you do not eat alotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBostonisFunDined on 3/15/2014We had a great dinner at Fire + Ice. My friends and I used to go all the time when we were in college. It was a fun reunion and the food and drinks were great as usual. We loved the new garlic rolls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InformationMixedemotionsDined on 3/15/2014The food it self was fabulous but, I think for the prices; they should at least still serve the rice and wraps to your table instead of having to get them ourselves. I usually like to tip a waiter/waitress at least 20% for service but, what service are they really providing me except getting me something to drink. Fire + Ice in Cambridge, I would suggest taking the T, cab or parking somewhere other than the lot across the street as it will cost you more than your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was the food from website?TriciaDined on 3/10/2014Based on the website, I was looking forward to mussels with fresh basil and ribs. They had none of those things. What they had was very basic (chicken breast, beef, sausage), nothing that I could not put together at home. All in all I wondered why anybody would want to stand around and wait for their food to be cooked, when it came out unexceptional yet pricey. Maybe it was because it was "college night" and they were offering cheap meals to college kids? If that was why they brought nothing interesting out, then why did I pay full price?
- Was a fun night for my kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Was a fun night for my kids and I. Food ok not a place you go for fine dinning.Special Features:
- Great for teenage and collegethespecialistDined on 3/7/2014Great for teenage and college crowd. Not a fine dining establishment. Cooking/flavor quality are in line with pub chain food. Bonus for teenagers and twenty something is "all you can eat" for a very good price.Special Features:
- College NightOrlandoDined on 3/3/2014Mondays are $10 with a College ID! Great to hang out with friends to have a good time'Special Features:
- sweet placeelacombeDined on 3/3/2014lots of fun to go and get whatever you want to eat. Nice to make your own food, then have someone cook it for youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Saturday NightLynneDined on 3/1/2014I love Fire + Ice. The food is great (partly because you make exactly what you want!) and they have some fun drinks on their cocktail menu. I went on a Saturday night at 8 and I really suggest against going at this particular time. On our first trip up, the grill/food bar area was mobbed and there was no one to direct the mass of people. A long line formed, but there's not usually a line so Fire + Ice regulars weren't obeying the spontaneous line, which made the people in line irritated. It would have helped to have a staff member there to control the situation. But by the time we got our food and ate, the second trip up was a breeze because there were far fewer people trying to make bowls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014It was a surprise as we though the food will be seasoned and grilled. It is too confusing to pick your own season and spices and sauce - not a place for usSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed Customizing Our Stir FryoutwiththekidsDined on 2/21/2014Fire & Ice's offerings allowed adults as well as kids to be creative in their combinations. Something for everyone. No wait for seating and very little waiting for a spot on the grille. The all-you-can-eat pricing was a pleasant surprise for the mother of a 12 year old boy who only eats meat and went back three times for steak with Italian dressing! I would highly recommend this restaurant and intend on returning with out of town friends in the coming weeks.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day SpecialJoanneDined on 2/14/2014They held our reservations even though we were a bit late but parking across the street was a hassle. It was very crowded and finding open tables for us took awhile. The waiter was working hard but he would forget our order and bring us the wrong drinks. I would recommend the Boston location for special night but as a casual lunch/dinner occasions, this would be good.Special Features:
- Make It Your OwnEkopy1Dined on 2/12/2014Fire & Ice was a great first-time experience. The best part was putting your own meal together! Grab a bowl and pick your entree, vegetables, herb and spices and bring up the grill. The chef cooks the food right in front of you. Great for those who are leery about restaurant food; you eat what YOU put together. We will go back the next time we are in town. BTW... Did I mention it is all you can eat? Husband and son went up three times and really enjoyed the fish and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitTracyDined on 2/8/2014We made 7:30 reservations and still had to wait over 20 minutes for a table. The entryway was packed with large groups, so it was difficult even to get the attention of the host to let them know we had arrived. While the food was good, it was so frenetic in the restaurant, and there were so many people trying to fill their bowls or stand around the grill waiting for their food to cook, it made for a stressful evening. I'd suggest going during "off hours" to have a more enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Birthday Success!lagatamontesaDined on 1/30/2014Fire and Ice was the perfect place to throw a surprise birthday for my boyfriend and his friends. The person in charge of events (Dan) was incredibly accommodating and gave me great advice about seating, ambiance, special birthday treats for the guest of honor, dividing the check for a large group and even ordering a cake! The event was a complete success and the guys at the grill even sang for my boyfriend (to be fair, the whole restaurant sang to him thrice!). The food was pretty decent -- it's a buffet style spot so you can have your fill of any pasta, salad, burger (and depending on the day, pizza) or dessert (extra) of your choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kids, service is very badddayDined on 1/26/2014Brought a bunch of kids....they loved picking out their own foods. The waitress was just not very good (forgot drinks, did not come by) and then since we were a group of 8, there was a forced tip...and even double charged us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy placejenjenDined on 1/25/2014Saturday night to celebrate my daughters birthday because it's her favorite restaurant. busy place but had reservations. Kathia is very pleasant and welcoming to all. 2 girls turned to walk away after hearing wait is 45 mins but Kathia added "you can sit at the bar and still eat from there". The girls smiled and followed Kathia. The other hosts looked confused and seemed to be too busy to bother with courtesys but they might be in training. The FOOD is fresh, plentiful, and a good variety. The rice was a little mushier than before but still tasty. My only complaint is the bar can only be accessed on ONE side which is a nightmare when very busy. Parking inHarvard square practically impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Favorite to FlopOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014My husband and I had been looking forward to going to Fire and Ice for a very long time. We typically go to the Boston location, tough came to Cambridge so we could pair it with a show. We were greeted by a fraction of the energy of the Berkley St location. Upon going up to get out food, we both commented on the poor layout of the food selections, making it difficult to know how to fill our bowls. Items just weren't where they would have made sense, thus not being able to find the typical items you would want until it was too late. As for the drinks, my margarita was great, but my husband was nearly sick from one drink of his rum and coke. It took an entire large soda to mix with his drink to get the proportions right.
- Not as good as I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2014I've been to this restaurant once before. It seems rundown. There weren't as many selections for food and the price is higher. Way of the world. Needless to say I left full and the food was decent. It was very noisy inside but this is that kind of place. This particular spot feels disjointed, multiple rooms that have been converted to make room for more tables. Felt like I was eating in the basement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.