Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: 6175479007x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (31)kid-friendly (28)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (13)hot spot (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (8)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Right in the heart of HarvardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2010Right in the heart of Harvard Square, it's definitely a young and energetic area for large collegiate groups and entertaining friends and family. The food was pretty standard, but if you have some culinary creativity you can concocted a decent meal. I definitely do not recommend coming with a modest appetite. I felt like I had to be rolled out of that place.Special Features:
- Good place if you're a collegeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/12/2010Good place if you're a college kid with limited funds in the all-you-can-eat restaurant. So overcrowded that you wait in line to get your food cooked on wok and because there's a million other dishes being cooked, your food is overcooked. Chicken, shrimp and vegetables way overcooked to the point they are carmelized. Awful. Never again.
- Our party of 8 came tricklingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2010Our party of 8 came trickling in,but the young man at the doorway insisted we all wait in the tiny lobby until the entire party arrived...then walk down steps to enter the restaurant .Our waitress was prompt and assembled us at the food "bar" and explained how everything works.Great variety of food and freshly presented on ice.. some of us were vegetarian and we had the option of our food cooked in kitchen in vegetarian-only panif we wanted.There are twin brothers manning this big cooking grill and they are colorful and good at their job. Warm tortillas and rice are provided at the table for free..exciting sauce bar..loud tv at the bar,dark lighting,almost dingy.Not kid friendly or spacious.Didnt see desserts,cheap plasticware for drinksSpecial Features:
- Not our first time. We LOVEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2010Not our first time. We LOVE this place! Awesome food as always and the Cambridge location was pleasantly not crowded. Our small group of people were able to hear our conversation and thoroughly enjoy our visit. We stayed for 3 hours!Special Features:
- Excellent choice for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2010Excellent choice for a group of 9 teenage girls-they acomodated them wellSpecial Features:
- We asked for a table not nearOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2010We asked for a table not near the kitchen. We were told we had to wait for 10 minutes in the entryway for our other 2 members of the party. There were many open tables - what's up with that? We were placed right next to the hot grill, despite there being many open tables. Think the hostess didn't care. Wait staff very helpful, food good but ambience, hostess, and temperature very poor.
- We went on a very busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010We went on a very busy night but we had reservations so we were seated right away. I loved being able to customize my dinner. It was a great, fun place.Special Features:
- Our experience was very good.safreed213VIPDined on 10/16/2010Our experience was very good. We left feeling full and of course loved our drinks. It was interesting to note that the Ice Bowl drinks are only served to 2 people. It is interesting to note that your food cooks for the same ammount of time regardless of what it is, so you will probably recieve overcooked shrimp and undercooked meat (if you like it well done). The sauces are great and definitely add to the food and the overall experience.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2010The food was excellent as usual, although the atmosphere was a bit drab to say the least. I have been to the Fire + Ice in Boston and had a much better time. The Chefs are more involved with the customers in making their dining experience an enjoyment in Boston. Even the wait staff in Boston was more pleasant. The Chef in Cambridge just seemed to be there to cook for you and nothing else. Not much personality to him. The next time I go to Fire + Ice, I will be going back to the Boston location.Special Features:
- This place could use a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2010This place could use a good cleaning. The hostess was rude, ask her to wipe down the table and she said I just did. Asked her to do it again, because it was sticky. Would recommend this place for kids and college students. Not a place you want to take a date for dinner.Special Features:
- the food was ok wasn't theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2010the food was ok wasn't the best I ever had but at the same time wasn't the worst either so overall it was goodSpecial Features:
- The food was OK, the entireOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/9/2010The food was OK, the entire restaurant was chaotic. Waiting in line to have your food cooked was a drag with people cutting the line. One guest's food got mixed up with someone else's. I had some items in mine that didn't belong. Another guest received someone else's sauce. We weren't able to eat together (there were six of us) because we all could't get our food at the same time. It would be helpful if the bowls were bigger and you could get you entire meal at once and then everyone in the party could dine together. The noise level was so high that we couldn't hear one another speak.Special Features:
- After being away from my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2010After being away from my husband for a few months (deployed to iraq)I wanted to go on a date, but i was very picky especially with the food,i wanted fresh food,healthy.I GOT ON LINE AND found Fire & ice in cambridge, the food,drink menu and to my suprise Salsa dancing my favorite,and we got there,from the moment we parked our car in the lot across the street to the time we walked out the door it was an amazing fabuoules time,,the host,the waiter,the cooks,food,drinks, THE TABLE,salsa lessons,dancing,the proffessional crowd,bartender,the salsa instructors,everything was fabuoules,we got in @ 8pm and left @ 1;30AM THE BEST tIME EVER.THANK YOU SO MUCH.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2010We very much enjoyed the restaurant. The food and the open circle cooking was great. Cooks were congenial and our waiter was terrific; attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- We had a great evening celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2010We had a great evening celebrating my best friends 35th birthday! We were running a few minutes late due to traffic, however we called in to advise of the situation and the restaurant was very accomodating! Would recommend to another group for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- There were 11 of us and someOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2010There were 11 of us and some had never experienced that type of dining. We all had a great time. There was such a huge variety you could get whatever you wanted, etc. It was too noisy for lunch. My husband would not be able to understand what the waitstaff was saying because the noise level was so high. That would be a problem for him. There should have been more waitstaff as the waiter we had, was going in several directions at once. He had to cover too large an area. He was very nice; pleasant, etc. but it was too much for one person.Special Features:
- Food is great, but I wishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2010Food is great, but I wish they had more of a selection. Can be noisy, but a great place for groups or special dinners.Special Features:
- We had a great time for myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2010We had a great time for my mom's 67th birthday! There were 21 of us and the first time for many! It IS a small venue so the next time, we will try the one in Boston. Thanks for making the reservations a breeze!Special Features:
- Fire + Ice is most definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2010Fire + Ice is most definitely a unique dining experience. The great part about their "choose your own ingredients" style is that it allows the diner to make creations that taste great, but ultimately, just wouldn't be available at other establishments. Like Steak Tips, Bowtie Pasta, and Alfredo sauce.Special Features:
- Large parties should haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2010Large parties should have some preference about when and where to bring their food up. Because Fire & Ice is an "all you can eat" many of our party were up and down, thereby making the dinner conversation disjointed. Also, due the high level of noise and the waiter's very rushed instruction, I missed some of the different foods and only noticed after I put my food on the grill to be cooked. This particular style of dining is trendy. I'm too much of a conventionalist when it comes to eating out. As an aside, I received a call the evening before to see if I would be willing to move my party of 11 to a half hour later. I was a bit put out by this simply because I made the reservation 3 weeks in advance and notified all the diners.
- Interesting concept - we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2010Interesting concept - we went for a birthday celebration at my 13 year old daughter's request and the kids enjoyed it. There was something for everyone to enjoy - we have two picky eaters. Despite our reservation we waited more than 20 minutes though the dining room was empty. We were told that it was becasue the wait staff had not yet been prepped for the dinner rush. That should be done before the first reservation. Though I made the reservation several weeks in advance we were seated at probably the worst table in the place - hottest (next to the grill)loudest and the most walk by traffic and a very small booth for 5 people. We asked to be moved and the staff was definitely not happy about it. On the plus side - great dessert!Special Features:
- Service was excellent, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2010Service was excellent, our server was very friendly and energetic. Food is always good value for money and the chice of meat, fich and sauces is always varied.Special Features:
- This is not my kind of restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2010This is not my kind of restaurant, but the teenagers in our group loved it. They loved the hot circular grill in the middle of the room, the freedom to choose the ingredients and sauces and the ability to refill those plates as many times as they liked.Special Features:
- Disinterested lackluster waitstaff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2010Disinterested lackluster waitstaff. Very chaotic assembly stations. Boston location cooks are much better with their involvement with patrons.
- Fun place for a group. DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2010Fun place for a group. Decent food...they call it a grilling experience. You choose the food, the chefs in the center of the restaurant stir it all together along with 12 other diners' meals.Special Features:
- The food was awful. More itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2010The food was awful. More items in the salad bar came straight from a can than not. Items for the hot food were not good quality and didn't offer much variety. Even the pastas were terrible; aside from being overcooked before being reheated at the grill, they were of poor quality and flavorless. When your kid complains about pasta, something is very, very wrong. The sauces were the final insult; most of them were sugary, and even the spicy ones lost their flavor when added to the "food". Even if the food was acceptable, I don't know why it's fun to stand around a crowded grill, waiting for one's food to cook. We hardly got to sit as a family and eat together because of the chaos. It must be the "all you can eat" that attracts young peopl
- Great place to have a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/19/2010Great place to have a good time with friends. Great selection of food and fast.Special Features: