Fire + Ice Cambridge
50 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fire + Ice Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/
- Phone: 6175479007x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: FiRE + iCE has recently added a new Function Room. The room seats up to 135 guests and has its own bar, dance floor, large screen TVs, sound and video systems. Please call the restaurant for more information on function packages and menu.
- Private Party Contact: Jonatas Eller 6175479007x
- Entertainment: Wednesday night is west coast swing. Class at 8 pm (all ages welcome) $10
Thursday night is Brazilian Vibe night. Free Forro class from 9pm to 10pm and then dancing to live Forro music from 10pm to 2am. $12 cover charge.
Friday night is Salsa night. Free Salsa class from 9:30pm to 10:30pm. Dancing from 10:30pm to 2am.
Salsa, Merengue and Bachata music. $15 cover charge.
Saturday night is meltdown . Top 40's house music, Caribbean and African vibes.
A word from Fire + Ice Cambridge
FiRE + iCE the improvisational grill, is located in the heart of Cambridge"s Harvard Square. The unique and quirky atmosphere have been described by our patrons as a dining experience straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Along with the non-traditional dining experience, guests will find a wide array of eccentric drink options including a variety of fruit infused vodkas and rums.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fire + Ice Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Fire + Ice Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)kid-friendly (26)fit for foodies (15)hot spot (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- This place has awful food.HeatherBLDined on 4/17/2011This place has awful food. It claims to be a Mongolian grill, which is why we went. It may have the big grill but their is nothing Mongolian about the food. It is mostly for people who honestly don't care about how their food tastes or they don't know better. I am well traveled and like all kinds of food but this place was horrible. I guess this place could be considered kid friendly - but your kids have to be old enough to pick thier food - or at least know what they like. They limit the servings to one small bowl so their is a lot of getting up and meal interuptions, which I also didn't care for.
- I had a reservation--was givenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2011I had a reservation--was given a pretty bad table--when I asked for a booth I was told that could not be arranged--the restaurant was over 50% empty--I don't think I will use open table or go to FIre and ice again
- The food was great, but tooOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011The food was great, but too pricy. Our server was great. We had a party of 12, and were well accommodated.Special Features:
- We had a nice lunch on Friday.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/1/2011We had a nice lunch on Friday. We went on the early side. Everything was fresh and prepared nicely on the grill. The salad included an interesting mix of greens and vegetables. We would return for a future visit.Special Features:
- Like the food, wish the atmosphereBonnieandDavidVIPDined on 3/29/2011Like the food, wish the atmosphere was a little more pleasant.
- An all you can eat grilledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2011An all you can eat grilled buffet. You gather your vegetables, meat/chick/fish in a bowl plus pick form 8 or more souces; bring to the center grill area where a chef will place your incredients on a very large circular grill for cooking. In just a few minutes you are given back your own very unique and special dinner creation. They also have a nice salad bar and a section for kids (hambugers, sliced steak, etc)Special Features:
- Jim and FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2011Fire & Ice is a fun experience, and the food really is good, but don't go looking for a gourmet dining experience. It is a "make your own" meal - you pick the ingredients from a wire variety of things including noodles of various types, vegetables, beef, sauasge, chicken, pork, seafood, and sauces. Then you stand around a circular grill as your meal is cooked. Don't be surprised to find a piece of broccoli or shrimp in your final cooked food that you didn't put into your bowl of ingredients - but that's part of the fun and experience. Also, at least in the Cambridge location, don't go looking for a quiet place to chat over dinner - it's noisy and exciting. We had a fun evening with friends and enjoyed the food and experience! Great time!Special Features:
- we didn't get the guided tourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2011we didn't get the guided tour of how to get your meal. there was no instructions expect you get your own. we figured it out and made the best of it. thanks CarlaSpecial Features:
- We went to Fire and Ice forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2011We went to Fire and Ice for my daugthers 20th birthday dinner. Everything from the moment we walked in til we left was great. Our server Olivia was wonderful being it was our first time she walked us through what we needed to do. Its a great dinner place and a gem and with the value..everyone should try it. I will defintely be going again and again...Special Features:
- I was looking for a new placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011I was looking for a new place to take my mother out to eat for her birthday and heard about this place. It sounded perfect for a unique dining experience and I'm always looking for something new to try. I read reviews and was a little skeptical about the place but was willing to try it out for myself. I'm glad I went and so was my 2 sisters and goddaughter. My mother loved the place and was talking about ggoing back with othe family members who would enjoy it as well. Reservations were made and within 10 minutes of getting in we were seated and greeted by our host. We got into the whole restaurant theme with ease and were excited about the endless selection. Great job Fire and Ice, look forward to going back very soon.Special Features:
- I went for my birthday onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2011I went for my birthday on 3/11/11. My waitress was very helpful and kind. The food was good, as always. Overall my group had a good time.Special Features:
- Great for groups. Very busy.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/5/2011Great for groups. Very busy. A lot of fun. I wouldn't go there every week, but for special occasions, yes. Only one price for dinner. (Thought there was a 1x trip and unlimited at dinner. I think other locations do.) I would recommend everyone go there at least once, to have the experience. Food was good.Special Features:
- We had a group of 7 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2011We had a group of 7 people and they put us in a very tight corner. I expected more since I had a reservation.Special Features:
- Fun family night out whereFoodies4UDined on 2/26/2011Fun family night out where everyone can eat whatever they want! The kids have a blast makng their own meals as well as Mom and Dad! Tons to choose from and you'll never go home hungry. The drinks are superb too! The guys at the grill could have been a bit more friendly...we've been to the one in Boston for bunch and those guys were a ton of fun! Not so much in Cambrdge...oh, well! Still a great time!Special Features:
- I went to Fire & Ice for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2011I went to Fire & Ice for the first time on Saturday night. I was very excited as I had heard good reviews from friends. 4 of us went: My husband, myself and our 2 daughters (12 and 7). I thought that we would have some of the only children there - boy was I shocked. I honestly felt like I was at Chuck E Cheese. The places was so loud. There was 1 group with 10 children sitting near us - EXTREMELY LOUD. There was also a birthday party with about 6 teens - they were moderately loud, and probably wouldn't be annoying if it weren't for the other party with so many children. I couldn't hear myself yelling across the table. In addition because the place was so busy the service was VERY POOR - at one point we waited 20 mintues before we
- Love this place. Every yearOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2011Love this place. Every year for the past 10 years I have been taking my son and his friends for dinner and then we go to a movie. Everyone we have taken loves it!!!! We will be there this year too!!! My son will be 23........Special Features:
- ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011The only complaint we had was the parking. We had to cirlcle around teice before they opened the parking lot back up. We were 10 mins late for our reservation.Special Features:
- Eventhough we had reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011Eventhough we had reservation for set time and we were exactly on time we still waited for 39 mins for our table.UNACCEPTABLE!!!Special Features:
- We had our teenage daughtersOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2011We had our teenage daughters birthday party here. It was a great choice. The host was great about helping us keep the surprise. The drinks arrived quickly, and since the kids got their own food, there was no problem after that.Special Features:
- Good for its college night price..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011I love the many options of delicious meats, poultry, and fish. Fire & Ice has thought of all the possibilities and provides rice and taco shells for creating stirfry, or they also have burgers. My only problem is that my average college age stomach can not eat enough food to ever make the price worth it again... The only time I will be back is for college night.Special Features:
- There wasn't much of a selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011There wasn't much of a selection of food, the place could of been a lot cleaner and their furniture was falling apart.Special Features:
- it was my husband ,myselfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011it was my husband ,myself and my two stepson's having a Valentine Day dinner. The food was great the kids loved everything about the place. The service for drinks was slow, and it was VERY loud in there but other than that it was a great experience we will definitely eat there againSpecial Features:
- Not, not romantic. Staff needOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2011Not, not romantic. Staff need to be more helpful and explain concept. Go with a group of young people with BIG appetites.Special Features:
- It was our first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2011It was our first time there and we had a great time. Food was excellent and prepared just right.Special Features:
- Service was slow. Our dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/27/2011Service was slow. Our dishes were cleared, but the server had limited conversation with us. She delivered a warm beer and did not remove it from the bill. We waited for the correct bill to arrive. She was not working with a super friendly attitude for better tips!Special Features:
- Went on a Sunday night.. NoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2011Went on a Sunday night.. No one there..But, everything was great thoughSpecial Features:
- This was a really disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2011This was a really disappointing experience. The selection of vegetables put out for the dishes was really small and the whole restaurant felt chaotic. There were literally small children running laps around the restaurant, bumping into other patrons. We ordered frozen drinks and our server forgot about them for so long that they were melted by the time we got them. Not impressed.
- The most disappointing partOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/9/2011The most disappointing part was that we made reservations through open table and had to wait 15 minutes for a table when we arrived. I even called ahead to say we were on the way. Fire and Ice was not busy as our reservation was 2 pm. I also put in that it was a special occasion for our son as it was his 18th birthday. No one recognized his birthday or made any special effort. Very disappointing. Next time I will just show up at the restaurant. We had 16 people in our party.Special Features:
- It was a fun experience andfalmouthfoodies11Dined on 1/8/2011It was a fun experience and food was very good. Very different dining venue.Special Features:
- The food was good but sometimesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2011The food was good but sometimes my food would get mixed up with other people's and it would be an unpleasant surprise. Hard to move around-i was scared of spilling the contents in my bowl or sauce cup. other than that it was really nice and tastySpecial Features:
- The food was excellent. DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010The food was excellent. Drinks were strong. Fairly priced. Service was friendlySpecial Features:
- The "improvisational" foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2010The "improvisational" food concept was great. Everyone in our 7-person group loved being able to customize their meal and control exactly what was going into it. The food was fresh, inviting, and fun to watch being prepared on the huge round grill. We will definitely go back, especially with groups of mixed diners (some vegetarians, some food allergies, some picky eaters, etc).Special Features:
- Design your own stir fry/burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2010Design your own stir fry/burger and watch them fry it on a giant grill. Wide variety of ingredients available, good quality meat, and you put the flavors together, so it's what you make of it. The sauces are interesting, and the grilling well executed. The grill area can be very crowded at peak times...we try to go off peak.Special Features:
- Like eating in a college freshmanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2010Like eating in a college freshman dorm. Be prepared for a circus environment, lots of noise, and mediocre food.Special Features:
- it is a grill all you canOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/18/2010it is a grill all you can eat. Great for vegetarians as they have a separate grill at the back for them. Food is fine.Special Features:
- great place, it is a similiarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2010great place, it is a similiar concept to some other restaurants where you make your own food and they throw it on the grill. no complaints, the people who complain are the ones who don't follow directions [lol]Special Features:
- 1. Very entertaining dining 2.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/20101. Very entertaining dining 2. Bar level noisy 3. The fact that the kitchen is open and the fumes can get to the tables makes everything sticky and makes a strong mixture of smells, not all of which may be pleasant. The main attraction of this restaurant is that you can try things out and mix and match as you want, and as much as you want. It's good to go to on occasion, it is wonderful for going as a group to do a fun thing.Special Features:
- Great to pig out. I like itnicknameDined on 12/3/2010Great to pig out. I like it because I can eat lots of protein and prepare my meals the way I want them to be. Great experience, fun with groups and celebrations.Special Features:
- The meat was tough, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/24/2010The meat was tough, the service was patronizing and condescending, when it existed, the eggplant seemed as though it had been sitting too long and was "off" and all in all, I'll be happy not to go back. Too bad, because the concept could be fun if it was executed well.
- Right in the heart of HarvardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2010Right in the heart of Harvard Square, it's definitely a young and energetic area for large collegiate groups and entertaining friends and family. The food was pretty standard, but if you have some culinary creativity you can concocted a decent meal. I definitely do not recommend coming with a modest appetite. I felt like I had to be rolled out of that place.Special Features: