901 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acadianarestaurant.com/acadiana.html
- Phone: 2024088848x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:00pm and Sunday Supper 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tunks/Brant Tesky
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: They offer one private room accommodating 100 or two rooms accommodating 60 and 40. They also have semi-private space for events up to 15 guests.
- Cross Street: k street
- Public Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:30pm every evening of business as well as Sunday afternoon beginning at 11:00am, up until the close of the restaurant. Valet Price is $7 per car. Valet is located at the intersection of 9th & K Streets (due to one-way streets guests must approach from 9th Street heading south then turn right onto K Street)
A word from Acadiana
Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acadiana reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (186)special occasion (160)good for groups (114)romantic (107)great for lunch (82)great for outdoor dining (80)neighborhood gem (74)great for brunch (70)notable wine list (46)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (21)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- NancyFDined on 8/13/2014Acadiana is one of my very favorite restaurants. The food is always consistently above levels and the service is always prompt and courteous. I am never disappointed. I always have to order the crab and corn chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre serviceMaryDined on 8/12/2014Great food but waiter was jumping around so did not provide the best service. He would show up and ask if we were ready to order, then turn around and disappear. Gave him 15% tip instead of usual 20%.Special Features:
- Dee-licious Acadiana!KVarnerDined on 8/12/2014I've been to Acadiana two times in the last three weeks. The food, the presentation, the ambiance are all perfect for a nice meal. The Restaurant Week deal was beyond a bargain....got more than our monies worth. I also like that they have valet parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night of Cajun EleganceLoverOfAllThingsFoodDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful and the drinks are both delicious and unique. Ordering the "Funky Monk" was the best decision. The food was AMAZING. I would highly recommend ordering the “Pan Crisped Roasted Duck” entrée. It was absolutely incredible—and the portion was huge. Their menu is pretty pricey, but hey, it is a restaurant for “fine dining.” If you’re feeling fancy, celebrating something special, or if it’s restaurant week—I would HIGHLY recommend you try Acadiana. You won’t be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not the best cajunMillerzeitDined on 8/12/2014Quite average cajun, they are very modest with the spice levels.
- first timeTomTom1sttimeDined on 8/12/2014I always take advantage of restaurant week and this was perfect for lunch. Service was great even my grandson enjoyed his self. I will definitely come back. Nice menu selection and reasonable prices outside of restaurant week. So glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheCulinarianDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious and the service was great! Nice ambience. The parking is awful, but in DC that's expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% FantasticMizLaurenVIPDined on 8/12/2014From the service to the decor, from taste to value, everything about Acadiana was amazing. Service was friendly, prompt, warm and knowledgeable. Every course was timely and delicious. Louisiana flavors with a fine dining atmosphere. Doesn't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cajun diningRocinanthDined on 8/12/2014Definitely in the $$$ range, but really good Cajun cuisine. The gumbo I had for lunch was perfectly seasoned and loaded with seafood. The waiter recommended the pink lemonade fluffy for dessert -- he was spot-on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Booths were kind of small but the food and service were excellent. I will definitely be coming back here.Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurantmyreviewsDined on 8/11/2014The decor is great. From the second you step in, you feel like you are in for a special treat. I don't even like fish much, but always order it every time I am here, because they prepare it so well that I love it. My boyfriend loves the seafood gumbo. There are always good non-seafood dishes as well. Service has always been superb each of the five times I've been here. The restaurant is unique in encouraging a relaxed yet classy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Love this placevaartizDined on 8/11/2014Great restaurant! One of my top five favorite, and love that they participate in restaurant week.Special Features:
- A waste of time and moneyPatouDined on 8/11/2014We went to Acadiana during Restaurant Week and found the food to be uninteresting, unattractive, and bland. The salad leaves (in my Mixed Salad!!!) were close to compost material and everything else was bland and seemed to be warmed over. The service on the other hand was attentive and efficient. Very disappointing!
- Somewhat DisappointedBreeziBriDined on 8/10/2014We chose Acadiana b/c of a gift card. We had already tried DC Coast and had been very pleased. Our evening here wasn't as nice. Some parts of the meal were quite tasty, including the gumbo, corn & crab soup, filet Oscar (special), redfish with noodles, which were especially delicious. The beignets and bread pudding dessert (skip the mango ice cream) were excellent. The biscuits were warm, but they seemed to have been reheated one time too many. The service was fair, not friendly. Even with a reservation and an empty restaurant, we were seated near the kitchen. There was a hair on my plate and my food was replaced immediately. However the manger questioned me as if I had lied before giving a comp dessert. We will try Cieba next.
- GayleDined on 8/10/2014Acadiana is a favorite of our's - we go there anytime we visit DC. We love both dinner and Sunday brunch - and the beignets are fabulous. Everytime we have gone the food was wonderful and service was great and we have loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!JM73Dined on 8/10/2014We were visiting in DC and met friends for brunch. Excellent food and super service - very good experience!Special Features:
- Really lovely Sunday jazz brunch!justpassingthroughDined on 8/10/2014Acadiana was absolutely wonderful. Our server was on point, the jazz was great but not so loud you can't carry on conversation, and the prix fixe menu had a little bit of everything to choose from. Is it authentic Cajun - no, absolutely not, but it's completely delicious and the place has a very nice ambiance. I can only attest to brunch, but I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Char-grilled oystersverycriticaltravelerDined on 8/8/2014Came for the oysters and they did not disappoint. I wasn't as fond of the duck which was highly recommended by the waiter. It was a half of a HUGE duck and fun to share. Truly 3 people were picking at it and we didn't finish it. It was nice but didn't have the flair of some of the other Louisiana dishes. They nailed the biscuits.Special Features:
- Fantastic! Best New Orleans fareTonySDined on 8/8/2014I have eaten at the other DC area New Orleans restaurants. Acadiana blows them away. The BBQ shrimp is exactly like Pascal's Manale in New Orleans. Everyone loved their main course. Alcohol is a little on the expensive side, but it's tax-happy DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!MaryLVIPDined on 8/8/2014A busy Friday night, but we were seated promptly on arrival. Service was pleasant and low-key, good about answering questions. Wide variety of innovative drink options--something for every taste! Appetizers were great--boudin balls and trio of pies drew rave reviews. The red snapper and swordfish won praise, but the duck was the highlight--perfectly cooked, with just the right amount of sauce. Recommend highly, and will always return!
- binkman3Dined on 8/8/2014Acadiana has everything you would want in a restaurant -- fantastic food, beautiful setting providing a comfortable and elegant ambience, and incredibly attentive and warm service.Special Features:
- A DC mustMISLCDined on 8/6/2014A lovely place, a tasty table, informed and attentive service. Will visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real dealCapitalcobbiesDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant is as good as any in Louisiana. Authentic.Special Features:
- jazz band on sundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014It was a little loud in the bar area, which is where I love to sit at this chic and lovely establishment. Great and courteous bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal at AcadianaGratefulDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our meal on the patio with the extra-friendly server, Amber. It was our friend's first encounter with Southern cuisine and we enjoyed the fried green tomatoes, New Orleans seafood gumbo, blackened fish, calamari with crawfish, and tasty desserts.Special Features:
- TiffanyDined on 8/2/2014The happy hour listed on the mobile website is incorrect. Call to verify the true hours for HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistenly goodSteveDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I dine often at Acadiana. We know we're assured of great service and food. From the complementary biscuits with "hot" jelly and cream cheese at the start to the complementary chocolates at the end, Acadiana delivers.Special Features:
- Getting Hungry AgainjomoDined on 7/31/2014I've been to Acadiana many times since it opened and have had a wonderful time and great food on each visit. I have recommended this restaurant many times to people I like and will do so again. Love the music provided for Sunday brunch and the oysters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!SeniorCoupleDined on 7/27/2014From seafood crepes and pain perdu to shrimp & grits and NOLA style eggs benedict and even beignets for dessert, the food is fantastic. Throw in a little Dixieland jazz and attentive servers, and it's a great brunch. I would go to Arcadiana before Commander's Palace (even if they were in the same town!).Special Features:
- Barrow, Alaska...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014...in January was barely warmer than our inside table in July. Food and service were great. But you have 45 seconds to dine before things got cold. Server said AC adjustment was above his pay grade, but he said it very nicely, so apparently there is nothing that can be done. Suggestion: request an outside table...even in the worst DC August weather.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceMVDC1Dined on 7/23/2014I made a reservation and arrived a bit early, and decided to wait for my guest at the bar. The bartenders ignored me, seemed annoyed that I was asking about draft beer, never asked if i was waiting for supper, and never returned. When my friend showed up, we left and ate at another restaurant. I'll never go back, nor recommend the place. I've never understood why some restaurants don't emphasize service.
- Enjoyable experiencefrequenttravelerDined on 7/23/2014Great menu. Great food. Great table service. But hostess was not very accommodating to the needs of a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbrennan64Dined on 7/23/2014I made reservations for four -- one bowed out at the last minute. We were seated and then 3 others emailed us that they wanted to join us. Our servers were fabulous! They moved us to a larger table with no problem. The food and drinks were terrific. It was my first time there and I was very impressed. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- brunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2014Excellent menu selection and very knowledgeable staff. Menu options can vary from week to week , everything is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They really go the extra mile!NaptownmomDined on 7/19/2014We love to dine here for both business and personal evenings, so I made a reservation for my husband's birthday. The event we attended prior to dinner ended early and we arrived at the restaurant almost 90 minutes before our reservation. They knew instantly who we were, seated us immediately, and had personalized menus at the table wishing my husband a Happy Birthday! Our food was delicious perfection and we got a dessert to go because we were full. The staff still brought out a gratis plate of sweets with Happy Birthday beautifully written in chocolate around the rim. Upon our departure, my husband was presented with a ribboned copy of his birthday menu and wished a happy birthday. What a nice place with very thoughtful people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined for life!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014I am sure that I will never find finer cuisine anywhere. My future dining experiences will all pale to the delightful oysters, and the unbelievable crab cakes! My husband and I were here in D.C. For business/pleasure. And what a pleasure for us to dine at Acadiana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit in a Week!!TheFoodGuruVIPDined on 7/17/2014OK, it was convenient to our hotel, but would have travelled an hour for a repeat meal. (See previous review). This time I took Chris' advice and went for the duck - fabulous!! My wife went for a repeat on the Sazerac and a shrimp entrée. Eduardo, another manager came over and spent 15 minutes talking about the owners. And kudos to Britanny - best waitress ever!!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTheFoodGuruVIPDined on 7/14/2014What a find!! Visiting DC for a week, and was lucky to find this gem 2 blocks from our hotel, a blessing for my wife (who has trouble walking long distances) and me. My wife is a bourbon Manhattan drinker, but never had tasted a Sazerac. Between the wonderful waitperson, Amber, we convinced her to try one. After cautioning her that my wife didn't like real sweet drinks, she came back with "the smallest sugar cube I could find". She loved the drink, and things only got better from there. We both love spicy food, me more so, and the menu had a plethora of choices. As we were finishing the main course, Chris, one of the managers came over and jokingly chastised for not having the duck (I opted for the special, bbq'ed shrimp).Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialLuvNawlinsDined on 7/13/2014Let Acadiana know, through OpenTable, that it was our 9th Anniversary dinner. We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" and our menus were specially printed with "Happy 9th Anniversary" on it. They also decorated our dessert plate with "Happy Anniversary" and gave it to us free. Very happy with Acadiana (and the food was very good as well)!Special Features:
- greatftwash1Dined on 7/12/2014Location, food and service was great. Wait staff was not pushy or in your face every five minutes. One thing was perfect, wait staff kept my ice tea glass full. Food was served hot and flavorful. Would def visit again!!!Special Features: