901 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acadianarestaurant.com/acadiana.html
- Phone: 2024088848x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:00pm and Sunday Supper 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tunks/Brant Tesky
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: They offer one private room accommodating 100 or two rooms accommodating 60 and 40. They also have semi-private space for events up to 15 guests.
- Cross Street: k street
- Public Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:30pm every evening of business as well as Sunday afternoon beginning at 11:00am, up until the close of the restaurant. Valet Price is $7 per car. Valet is located at the intersection of 9th & K Streets (due to one-way streets guests must approach from 9th Street heading south then turn right onto K Street)
A word from Acadiana
Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acadiana reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (188)special occasion (168)good for groups (119)romantic (115)great for lunch (93)great for outdoor dining (92)great for brunch (86)neighborhood gem (80)notable wine list (57)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (22)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Excellent experience!JM73Dined on 8/10/2014We were visiting in DC and met friends for brunch. Excellent food and super service - very good experience!Special Features:
- Really lovely Sunday jazz brunch!justpassingthroughDined on 8/10/2014Acadiana was absolutely wonderful. Our server was on point, the jazz was great but not so loud you can't carry on conversation, and the prix fixe menu had a little bit of everything to choose from. Is it authentic Cajun - no, absolutely not, but it's completely delicious and the place has a very nice ambiance. I can only attest to brunch, but I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Char-grilled oystersverycriticaltravelerDined on 8/8/2014Came for the oysters and they did not disappoint. I wasn't as fond of the duck which was highly recommended by the waiter. It was a half of a HUGE duck and fun to share. Truly 3 people were picking at it and we didn't finish it. It was nice but didn't have the flair of some of the other Louisiana dishes. They nailed the biscuits.Special Features:
- Fantastic! Best New Orleans fareTonySDined on 8/8/2014I have eaten at the other DC area New Orleans restaurants. Acadiana blows them away. The BBQ shrimp is exactly like Pascal's Manale in New Orleans. Everyone loved their main course. Alcohol is a little on the expensive side, but it's tax-happy DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!MaryLVIPDined on 8/8/2014A busy Friday night, but we were seated promptly on arrival. Service was pleasant and low-key, good about answering questions. Wide variety of innovative drink options--something for every taste! Appetizers were great--boudin balls and trio of pies drew rave reviews. The red snapper and swordfish won praise, but the duck was the highlight--perfectly cooked, with just the right amount of sauce. Recommend highly, and will always return!
- binkman3Dined on 8/8/2014Acadiana has everything you would want in a restaurant -- fantastic food, beautiful setting providing a comfortable and elegant ambience, and incredibly attentive and warm service.Special Features:
- A DC mustMISLCDined on 8/6/2014A lovely place, a tasty table, informed and attentive service. Will visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real dealCapitalcobbiesDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant is as good as any in Louisiana. Authentic.Special Features:
- jazz band on sundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014It was a little loud in the bar area, which is where I love to sit at this chic and lovely establishment. Great and courteous bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal at AcadianaGratefulDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our meal on the patio with the extra-friendly server, Amber. It was our friend's first encounter with Southern cuisine and we enjoyed the fried green tomatoes, New Orleans seafood gumbo, blackened fish, calamari with crawfish, and tasty desserts.Special Features:
- TiffanyDined on 8/2/2014The happy hour listed on the mobile website is incorrect. Call to verify the true hours for HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistenly goodSteveDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I dine often at Acadiana. We know we're assured of great service and food. From the complementary biscuits with "hot" jelly and cream cheese at the start to the complementary chocolates at the end, Acadiana delivers.Special Features:
- Getting Hungry AgainjomoDined on 7/31/2014I've been to Acadiana many times since it opened and have had a wonderful time and great food on each visit. I have recommended this restaurant many times to people I like and will do so again. Love the music provided for Sunday brunch and the oysters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!SeniorCoupleDined on 7/27/2014From seafood crepes and pain perdu to shrimp & grits and NOLA style eggs benedict and even beignets for dessert, the food is fantastic. Throw in a little Dixieland jazz and attentive servers, and it's a great brunch. I would go to Arcadiana before Commander's Palace (even if they were in the same town!).Special Features:
- Barrow, Alaska...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014...in January was barely warmer than our inside table in July. Food and service were great. But you have 45 seconds to dine before things got cold. Server said AC adjustment was above his pay grade, but he said it very nicely, so apparently there is nothing that can be done. Suggestion: request an outside table...even in the worst DC August weather.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceMVDC1Dined on 7/23/2014I made a reservation and arrived a bit early, and decided to wait for my guest at the bar. The bartenders ignored me, seemed annoyed that I was asking about draft beer, never asked if i was waiting for supper, and never returned. When my friend showed up, we left and ate at another restaurant. I'll never go back, nor recommend the place. I've never understood why some restaurants don't emphasize service.
- Enjoyable experiencefrequenttravelerDined on 7/23/2014Great menu. Great food. Great table service. But hostess was not very accommodating to the needs of a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbrennan64Dined on 7/23/2014I made reservations for four -- one bowed out at the last minute. We were seated and then 3 others emailed us that they wanted to join us. Our servers were fabulous! They moved us to a larger table with no problem. The food and drinks were terrific. It was my first time there and I was very impressed. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- brunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent menu selection and very knowledgeable staff. Menu options can vary from week to week , everything is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They really go the extra mile!NaptownmomDined on 7/19/2014We love to dine here for both business and personal evenings, so I made a reservation for my husband's birthday. The event we attended prior to dinner ended early and we arrived at the restaurant almost 90 minutes before our reservation. They knew instantly who we were, seated us immediately, and had personalized menus at the table wishing my husband a Happy Birthday! Our food was delicious perfection and we got a dessert to go because we were full. The staff still brought out a gratis plate of sweets with Happy Birthday beautifully written in chocolate around the rim. Upon our departure, my husband was presented with a ribboned copy of his birthday menu and wished a happy birthday. What a nice place with very thoughtful people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined for life!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014I am sure that I will never find finer cuisine anywhere. My future dining experiences will all pale to the delightful oysters, and the unbelievable crab cakes! My husband and I were here in D.C. For business/pleasure. And what a pleasure for us to dine at Acadiana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit in a Week!!TheFoodGuruVIPDined on 7/17/2014OK, it was convenient to our hotel, but would have travelled an hour for a repeat meal. (See previous review). This time I took Chris' advice and went for the duck - fabulous!! My wife went for a repeat on the Sazerac and a shrimp entrée. Eduardo, another manager came over and spent 15 minutes talking about the owners. And kudos to Britanny - best waitress ever!!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTheFoodGuruVIPDined on 7/14/2014What a find!! Visiting DC for a week, and was lucky to find this gem 2 blocks from our hotel, a blessing for my wife (who has trouble walking long distances) and me. My wife is a bourbon Manhattan drinker, but never had tasted a Sazerac. Between the wonderful waitperson, Amber, we convinced her to try one. After cautioning her that my wife didn't like real sweet drinks, she came back with "the smallest sugar cube I could find". She loved the drink, and things only got better from there. We both love spicy food, me more so, and the menu had a plethora of choices. As we were finishing the main course, Chris, one of the managers came over and jokingly chastised for not having the duck (I opted for the special, bbq'ed shrimp).Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialLuvNawlinsDined on 7/13/2014Let Acadiana know, through OpenTable, that it was our 9th Anniversary dinner. We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" and our menus were specially printed with "Happy 9th Anniversary" on it. They also decorated our dessert plate with "Happy Anniversary" and gave it to us free. Very happy with Acadiana (and the food was very good as well)!Special Features:
- greatftwash1Dined on 7/12/2014Location, food and service was great. Wait staff was not pushy or in your face every five minutes. One thing was perfect, wait staff kept my ice tea glass full. Food was served hot and flavorful. Would def visit again!!!Special Features:
- Bring visitors from other countriesRenaDined on 7/11/2014Delicious food, graciously served, and a unique change from other American food offerings.
- Service with a smileAliciaDined on 7/11/2014What stands out for me from our lunch the other day is the service. The "gentlemen" that waited on us were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal and atmospherelmo79Dined on 7/8/2014Acadiana offered a nice atmosphere, friendly service, and some interesting menu items. I enjoy the the Blackened Tilapia that I had. It is nice lunch option if you are looking for somewhere to sit down and eat. Some items cost less and some more. It is nice that some dishes are under $ 20.Special Features:
- Awesome!MaeliaDined on 7/5/2014I brought my husband here for a birthday dinner and he had a great time! He loved the ambience, the food, the service and the location of Acadiana. We will definitely visit this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!Jessica30thDined on 7/5/2014I wanted to surprise my girlfriend for her 30th birthday. Arsalan went beyond the call of duty! He worked with me and kept a constant level of communication with regards to the set menu options, cake options, and other considerations. Our party of 10 sat in a private area. My girlfriend had her own take-home menu that was specialized for her. The appetizers, entree and the red velvet cake all tasted wonderful!!!!!!! I felt as though it was my birthday the way our server was so attentive. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!Foodiegirl83Dined on 7/5/2014This place has some pretty amazing food. Its unique in that it is Cajun/Comfort food with a fancy twist. You actually leave here FULL. No tiny portions. The meals are actual meals. The Chef's are awesome and can pretty much fix anything you could want. Excellent Seafood. Service was good, not amazing, but the food made up for that easily. Definitely a great spot to go for a special occasion!!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Went with parents, family, and significant others on a random weekday. There was a good bar crowd for happy hour and great drink deals. All of us had FANTASTIC food. Crab Cakes, Gumbo, Soup, Fish, Grits, Salads, Beef etc. I mean everything. Desserts were lovely as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA in DCBubbaDined on 7/2/2014Great food, reminded me of New Orleans. Presentation of the Sazerac was outstanding.Special Features:
- mnakashiVIPDined on 7/2/2014Our party of 4 had, soup trio, still excellent, squash blossoms stuffed with pimento cheese, very savory, watermelon salad, and chicken and andouille sausage gumbo for starters. Some menu standards and some new, no complaints. Entrees were, pork five ways, i.e., bacon wrapped andouille, we didn't get the point on this dish, blackened redfish, the original Prudhomme fish which was excellent, seafood gumbo, and duck with dirty rice and collard greens stuffing which was new to me and an excellent combination. A long a time favorite which has kept the favorites, but continues to tweak the menu. A must for me when I come to DC.
- Worth the walk for lunchRickGVIPDined on 7/2/2014I used to go to lunch once a month with a colleague who also enjoys Louisiana seafood, but since he left my visits have been less frequent. It was great to go back and see many of my favorites on the menu, like turtle soup, with more po' boy sandwiches and the specials were excellent.Special Features:
- A bit of NOLA in DCYummyVIPDined on 7/1/2014I could eat all of the biscuits and jelly myself! The restaurant is always full of great choices, and I do appreciate the special treatment for those in the loyalty program.Special Features:
- Great dinnerbruin101Dined on 7/1/2014The gulf oysters were excellent, the gumbo was great. Good service, nice place, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to power lunchCommsGuyMikeDined on 7/1/2014Good food prepared in Louisiana-rich character. Service is impecccable in a neighborhood really coming into its own.Special Features:
- Upscale cajun foodbassish101VIPDined on 6/30/2014The food was good (particularly the fried green tomatoes), but I'd imagine you can get better cajun food for much cheaper elsewhere.
- Chargrilled Oysters to Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014The gulf coast has nothing on this place. The Chargrilled oysters are spectacular, as is the seafood in general. I had the gumbo for dinner. My friends enjoyed wine, fried green tomatoes, and the grouper. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features: