Silver Fox - Fort Worth
1651 S. University Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Silver Fox - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverfoxsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8173329060
- Hours of Operation:
Cocktails: Monday - Saturday:4:00 - 5:00 Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Silver Fox - Fort Worth
Come and join us for the finest in Prime Steaks and Fresh Seafood. While dining enjoy the elegance of our beautiful cellar with over 2500 bottles of wine. It is our pleasure to offer you the best food, wine, and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Silver Fox - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Silver Fox - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (50)notable wine list (33)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not impressed. I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Not impressed. I expected nicer atmosphere, a larger bar and better quality steak. The wine (Chateau Montelina) was excellent however, there was significant sediment at the bottom of my glass. We probably won't return unless friends talk us into it; wasn't worth the money or drive.Special Features:
- I have dined at all of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008I have dined at all of the three forks resturants and this was the worst experience. The Bathrooms were not cleaned and the food was fair.
- We've been to the Silver FoxsuzybDined on 4/12/2008We've been to the Silver Fox several times and we are never disappointed. We had the Oscar sauce on our steaks this time and we believe it was one of the best we've ever tasted. I'd recommend this restaurant to all diners. It's a nice comfortable place, they have a great wait staff and if you're a steak lover, it can't be beat.Special Features:
- We have been to Silverfox/Ft.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008We have been to Silverfox/Ft. Worth several times, and it has been fine. Much to our surprise Saturday night was not good. Both of our steaks were bad. We eat steaks often at Perry's, Del Frisco to name a few places, so we know good steaks. The steaks that Silverfox served us were old. It seems that they had been frozen for a long time. We were very disappointed, and will not return. Please make sure that Silverfox receives this note, it's for their own good. Thank you.
- The noise level was way, wayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008The noise level was way, way too high. We probably won't go back because of it.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2008We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and we will definately be back.Special Features:
- We had an exceptional evening!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008We had an exceptional evening!!! Our waiter, Pat, went out of his way to make sure we celebrated our Birthday's in style. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- The only downside with SilverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2008The only downside with Silver Fox, and most restaurants these days is the way they try to hurry you through dinner. I understand the economics behind "turning tables", but if you are going to enjoy a nice dinner you shouldn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Steak filet was only fairOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008Steak filet was only fair to good. Wine by the glass was too pricey for the value. Service was good. Tables and booths too close together such that you were forced to listen to their conversations while trying to dine. We were not overly impressed especially in light of the hipe about the Silver Fox.Special Features:
- We were celebrating our fifthOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008We were celebrating our fifth anniversary on Friday evening, March 28th. Colin, our server, did an outstanding job! He was very personable, knowlegeable of your food & drink items, & presented himself in a very professional manner. Colin certainly helped make our evening very special The food & atmosphere were both very much enjoyed. Silver Fox made our anniversary celebration very special. Thank you so much for our complimentary dessert & after-dinner drinks. We appreciate your added special touch very much & look forward to returning again Sincerely, David N, Finley email@example.comSpecial Features:
- From the on-line reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2008From the on-line reservation to the outstanding food and attentive on-site service we had one of the best dining experiences we've had in recent memory. Kudos to all!Special Features:
- Zach, our waiter, was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008Zach, our waiter, was very gracious, and helped make our evening an enjoyable event... Thanks to Zach, and Silver Fox for a super evening..Special Features:
- Love the low light and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008Love the low light and ambiance within the restaraunt. Wait staff is all very professional and attentive. Have a couple of stple items on their menu that are a must. The III Forks Salad is excellent!Special Features:
- The down side was they satOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008The down side was they sat us in the bar, however it was next to a fireplace. Wine menu was good and did not seem to be to marked up. For some reason the waitress kept sticking her fingers in our food, but I don't think she noticed. I think the fact that we ordered $135.00 bottle of wine through her off her game, because she mumbled from then on and forgot most everything we told her. We were only 2 people, but when her 6 top came in they got all the attention, however one of her other colleuges picked up her slack. A $77 lobster is a little high, won't order that again, but damn it was good. My wife enjoyed the fireplace, b/c she was cold. Whatever the after dinner drink they brought was great. Will eat here again and recommend itSpecial Features:
- As usual, Silver Fox didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2008As usual, Silver Fox didn't disappoint...The steaks (8 & 12 oz Filet) were excellent cuts of meat and seasoned/cooked to perfection. The potatoes and broccoli were excellent, but I found the Mac & Cheese to be a little on the tame side with not much flavor. Service was prompt and friendly at the beginning and through the middle of the meal, but was a bit slow towards the end as it seemed our waiter might have had just a touch more than he could handle. Overall, the meal and service were good and I'd be happy to eat at Silver Fox again.Special Features:
- I ordered a 8oz Filet withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008I ordered a 8oz Filet with sauce and got a 6oz with no sauce. It was so dark I could not read the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food, ambience andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2008Excellent food, ambience and service. Excessive pricing making it a "special occasion" place only as it could not be a regular stop with a moderate income level customer.Special Features:
- I have dined at Silver FoxOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/1/2007I have dined at Silver Fox numerous times and find it one of my favorites. It's a little too busy during Holidays so wait for another time to go. I have also taken my granddaughter with us and they were very gracious and accomdating with us bringing a child. She is very mannerly though and I wouldn't recommend taking children in general.It's a little more formal than most children can tolerate.
- Are all steaks swimming in gravy?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2007I don't know if all of their steaks are served swimming in dark gravy, but mine was. Not good, as far as I am concerned.
- Sorry for the late rating.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2006Sorry for the late rating. I was not happy at all with Silver Fox for Restaurant Week. We were treated differently than regular customers, and the food was not up to par. We had done RW the year before at Three Forks, which is supposedly related to Silver Fox, and we LOVED Three Forks, and so I expected the same from SF.