Silver Fox - Fort Worth
1651 S. University Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Silver Fox - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverfoxsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8173329060
- Hours of Operation:
Cocktails: Monday - Saturday:4:00 - 5:00 Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Silver Fox - Fort Worth
Come and join us for the finest in Prime Steaks and Fresh Seafood. While dining enjoy the elegance of our beautiful cellar with over 2500 bottles of wine. It is our pleasure to offer you the best food, wine, and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Silver Fox - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Silver Fox - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (45)notable wine list (33)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- FoodMickDined on 9/18/2014The food was exceptional. Our friends remarked that it was the best in town. We celebrated our 49th anniversary that night. The staff bent over backwards to make sure our special occasion was really special. And the chocolate cake, large enough for four, was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014We were a table for 4 and all of our steaks were cooked incorrectly. The wine list is very disappointing. Desperately needs to be redone. The first bottle we ordered had turned. Our waitress did a nice job of apologizing and the manager did comp our steaks but it still was not worth it. A good neighborhood restaurant has taken a definite turn for the worse.
- Probably won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/20147:15 reservation, Finally seated at 8:00 only after speaking with the manager. Both hostess' were rude and lacking good customer service skills! Very friendly and nice waiter, but again we had to wait a very long time after placing our dinner order. Drinks were good, but salad and dinner were just mediocre. Very doubtful that I will ever go back there.
- DisappointingCt17Dined on 9/13/2014For a high-end restaurant I expected better service. We ordered wine and the only time the server poured it was when the bottle was first open. Then, they forgot part of our order (a lobster tail) and when it arrived everyone at the table was almost finished with their meal and the tail was slightly overcooked. On an up note, the chocolate cake was wonderful.
- Silver FoxEFGCSRDined on 9/6/2014We had a great time. Service was excellent, as well as the meal.Special Features:
- DHSQDined on 9/6/2014Every single bite of our dinner was delicious and the service was great!!Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/30/2014Just average had heard good things about this establishment.
- A little disappointed !MaxwellhouseDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to choose this location for a change to our Restaurant Week meals. I highly recommend the III Forks appetizer salad which is delicious. The remainder of our food was a little disappointing, nothing extraordinary. We feel the RW special menu was a good deal however it did not show off their ability to 'wow' which I have experienced before. If people are to use the RW menu to try the restaurant out, this would not be the way to do it. Notable wine list, the service is good.Special Features:
- Ok but better placesRDRoDined on 8/27/2014Sat us with TV in front - not expected for proposed quality level. Food ok but not remember-able. Service ok.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2014The Restaurant Week menu was awesome......and my own dinner of the Pork Chop wad absolutely delicious. It was very peaceful and quiet and Michael -provided wonderful service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a friendly smile. Very attentive throughout the entire evening.Special Features:
- Silver Fox ReviewDinerSDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately, my husband and I had a dining experience that was mediocre. As parents of young children, it is not often that we get to go out and enjoy some quality food. When we went for our anniversary I was hoping for good service but it just wasn't our night. Our waitress seemed to be gone for long periods and couldn't remember anything from the right dressing we requested on our salads to the fact that I wanted coffee with my dessert. She asked us if we would like some fresh bread with dinner and then never delivered it and we didn't find out about the onions and tomatoes that were supposed to be offered with our entree until after we were finished with dessert. All in all, I left feeling disappointed.
- Big dissapointment...NotgoingbackDined on 8/18/2014The only good food was the tomato soup with tenderloin & wedge salad. Went during restaurant week. I upgraded my steak to a ribeye medium rare. It came out done & only 1/4 inch thick at its thickest part. At the cost of a $12 upgrade from the $35. price fixe. The mashed potatoes were mealy, but had a good flavor. The snap peas were perfect!!! The Texas pecan cake was a poor respresentation of cake. Sorry to say, overall I was very disappointed
- DisappointedStarlightDined on 8/16/2014We waited several minutes to be seated, even though we had reservations. We ordered water and cocktails each & an appetizer from our friendly server. Then we sat & sat for at least 30 minutes, & finally waved down a random person to at least bring us some water. There was a line of water pitchers two feet from us; I was very tempted to get up & pour some into our empty wine glasses. Extremely annoying to sit w/a dry basket of bread, w/no water or any kind of drink for 30 minutes! Seriously? The h20 finally arrived & appetizer came before our cocktails, so we nibbled on that with water. We wanted to sit & relax w/our drinks for a few minutes before the meal. So irritating to start dining this way. Re food, we had steaks; they were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taylorDined on 8/16/2014nice place that isnt stuffy.. Relaxing and quiet place for a date. my GF loved it as her first time there. thanksSpecial Features:
- FabulousAU10Dined on 8/16/2014With a group of 8 we had a very good dinner drinks and service that was well above average. We will return.Special Features:
- ExcellentGrammyDined on 8/16/2014We love eating at Silver Fox. Definitely would recommend for great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Disappointedheaton4Dined on 8/16/2014Have been going here for our anniversary for the last several years & decided to take the family this time to celebrate. The service was not as good as it has been in the past. Not to mention, the sides we ordered were not delivered with the meal. After waiting several minutes, we had to ask where they were. Drinks were not refilled in a timely manner. For the amount of money we spent in this restaurant, this is unacceptable. We will choose another restaurant to fine at for future anniversaries.Special Features:
- Very disappointedFroggiesDined on 8/15/2014We have been here several times before and have always been extremely pleased. For some reason the waitress seemed mad at us. We asked for restaurant week menus and it took at least 10 minutes for them to arrive as well as the water. I also asked for a wine list which I guess made her even more mad to have to bring us another menu. Three of us ordered from the restaurant week menu and one did not. I have been to many restaurants during restaurant week and have never been so disappointed in a meal. Honestly if you don't want to participate in donating money for a good cause then don't participate and don't serve bad meals! The desserts that were included with the meal looked exactly the same even though they had different names.
- Excellent dinner and fine servicerscalkoneDined on 8/15/2014I would highly recommend Silver Fox for any dinner occasion. The food was excellent and the service was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteCCGGDined on 8/15/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. III Fork salad and filet are always delicious. Wine list is Ok.Special Features:
- Was a mediocre experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014They tried to seat us in a back area because we were there for restaurant week and really pushed their regular menu - why participate if you're going to perform below your normal standard- I wouldn't care to come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014We very much enjoyed the "Restaurant Week" menu and the most excellent service provided by Michael......the chicken was wonderful and my sister's snapper was very tasty.....it was a most pleasant meal. The valet, Carlos, is super attentive.
- Excellent!GRobDined on 8/13/2014I've eaten at premier steak houses across the country, and this restaurant is right up there at the top of my list!! Great service and great food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshinegirlDined on 8/13/2014Elegance, quality, excellent food,service can't be beat, amazing wine list. The sugar snap peas are outstanding! Great for special occasions or for a treat on a week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Placemec48Dined on 8/11/2014Whenever I want to go to a fine restaurant Silver Fox is my choice! We always make a special effort to take advantage of Restaurant Week at Silver Fox, it has become an annual tradition for my friends and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend.RobJenDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed every bite. The filet, sides, and banana's foster were all worth the time in between visits. We save this restaurant for special occasions and it has always delivered a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014First time in at the SilverFox. It was great. The food and service are what really stood out to me compared to other chop house / steakhouses. My wife and I really loved it for our special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCelebratingDined on 8/6/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and when we were asked if we were celebrating anything were congratulated. After we were finished eating they gave us a piece of delicious chocolate cake and a special card signed by the staff. Made the evening complete and I'm sure we will be back in future years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John in Fort WorthJohnDined on 8/5/2014Our choice for celebrating anniversaries and special occasions. Impeccable service and superb enters. Try the prime rib!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to take someone specialchallengeDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere, food and service were exactly what was desired to show the special lady that I cared. Could not have ben better.Special Features:
- Not Worth the $$$RickybobDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I eat out a great deal. We consider ourselves to be "foodies". Silver Fox was a great disappointment. Drinks (Manhattan/Vodka Martini) were expensive ($12) and nothing to write home about. Lobster Bisque was luke warm and had several pieces of shell in it. My wife had scallops which were overcooked and tough. My prime rib was the best part of my meal - cooked to medium and flavorful prime beef. The decor was a mixture of staid steak-house and updated fixtures and wall art. The walls had obvious visible places where sconces had been removed with no effort to cover up the evidence of where they used to be. Wall art was hung with no thought given to hanging them evenly. Carpet was old and dirty. Service was sporadic.
- Great for special occasionsChkmateDined on 7/26/2014As usual, the food was perfect, as was the service. The steaks were delicious and perfectly cooked. The 3Forks salad and corn off the cob were delicious. The bread pudding was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItLb8hereDined on 7/26/2014There are not enough adjectives to describe our dining experience. So, I will just keep it simple, the service was excellent, the food selection was excellent, the wine list was excellent, and the food was full of flavor and that made our dining experience excellent. We can hardly wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsDined on 7/22/2014Unnecessarily high priced: over $10 for a martini. Steak was very tender and good. Food got cold too quickly; steak served on a hot plate would be better. Waitress staff a bit lackadaisical; specific requests like olives for the pricy martini did not get filled until a waitress was flagged down, and then took a bit too long.Special Features:
- Silver FoxOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Food was good, but not great. Ordered filet Oscar and got filet and lobster. Waiter took lobster back (and left filet to cool) and brought a crab cake in lieu of Oscar topping. I decided to go ahead and eat rather than letting steak cool more. Had to get waiter to correct bill as they still charged for lobster. Was expecting better. Will go back to Del Frisco, Grace or other in the future.
- Good...notAfoodieDined on 7/19/2014Seven first time visitors for a 70th birthday. Waiter was OUTSTANDING! Crab appetizer was really good, as were the salads and warm bread. As for the steaks, we all agreed that they were "good"... For these prices, we also all agreed that we expected much more than good. Two of the filets were quite under done, which turned out to be okay as we brought the leftovers home, SEASONED them & warmed them on the grill - they were better at home the next day. The "garlic & olive oil" topping that we paid extra for was NOT worth the extra cost - at all. Smashed potatoes were nothing special and somewhat bland. Mac & cheese was tasty. Gratis cake slices - white YUM, choc OK. Four of us may return for happy hour only, three will not return.
- Good but not greatSeanDined on 7/18/2014Nothing was standout here, good or bad. When I'm going to be spending close to 100 per person for a meal, I should be impressed or at the very least very happy when I leave. I felt neither. It felt old, tired and like an overpriced Steak and Ale. We have been going to the Double Eagle for many years and wanted to try something new. We regret that choice. The service was the highlight but that was smothering at times. The food; the crab cakes were large and very rich. The prime rib was ordered rare and was visually rare but tasted a dry medium but had good flavor. The lobster bisque was good as was the wedge salad.Special Features:
- a little disappointingMikeDined on 7/12/2014I recently dined at Silver Fox, and was a little disappointed from previous visits ( more than 5 years ago). The steak ( filet) was overly salty and slightly overcooked--medium instead of med rare. Still tender and tasty but not excellent. The III Forks salad, while good, was over priced for the small size. Finally, our server, while friendly and competent was very busy and distracted; never once came back to check on food or fill wine glasses. Not crucial, but expected for a high end restaurant with high prices. I won't likely return any time soon. Too many other options in the metroplex for a GREAT steak.Special Features:
- Wonderful service and foodJanintexasDined on 7/11/2014The staff were very friendly and the food was outstanding! Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.