Baker Street Bistro
2953 Baker Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Baker Street Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bakerstreetbistro.com/
- Phone: 4159311475
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:30pm (WALK-IN ONLY); Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Danel de Betelu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Salut! Baker Street Bistro serves up the best authentic French cuisine in San Francisco. Our warm dining rooms are the perfect setting for your next private event. Chef Danel will work with you to personalize a menu that meets both your taste and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Danel de Betelu 4159311475
- Special Events: Special celebrations for Bastille Day (July 14), Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
A word from Baker Street Bistro
Salut! Bienvenue à Baker Street Bistro! Serving up authentic French cuisine, Baker Street Bistro has been a neighborhood gem for nearly two decades. Pull up a chair on our sun-drenched patio for a leisurely weekend brunch or escape the San Francisco fog in our intimate dining room for a romantic dinner. Our extensive bistro menu includes French classics such as the Bourride (a rich seafood stew), Duck Confit, and Grilled Lamb Chops. Locals and French ex-pats alike swear by the fresh daily specials, Moules Provençale (mussels drenched in white wine, shallots, parsley, tomato & pesto) and Pain Perdu (fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon French toast). Owner & Executive Chef Danel de Betelu gladly brings a taste of his homeland to Cow Hollow. He leads a warm and welcoming staff who all shares a passion for great food. Join us for a taste of Paris, right here in San Francisco! Note: Brunch is first come, first serve. Brunch reservations accepted for parties of 6 or more only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baker Street Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (33)special occasion (24)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)Show More
- We All Loved Baker Street Bistro!LoveToTryDifferentPlacesDined on 5/20/2014My friends and I get together every few months for lunch. I drive by BSB regularly and have always wanted to try it. None of us had eaten here before, so I made a reservation for the 4 of us. What an wonderful dining experience! This is a hidden gem! The restaurant is charming (feels like being in a Paris bistro), the service is friendly and casual, and the food is yummy! Will come again. Next time with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneandDickDined on 5/13/2014We had a great meal, reminiscent of France, great service, overall worth the long bus trip on bus 43 to get here.Special Features:
- Fabulous French bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014If you want authentic French bistro atmosphere and cuisine, you must try Baker Street Bistro. The staff is great and the dishes wonderful!Special Features:
- A little taste of FranceBlondieVIPDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed onion soup, escargo (best ever), lamb, and seafood stew. Everything was better than average.Special Features:
- This place knows what it's doingDavidGDined on 4/18/2014Baker Street is where you go when you don't feel like chancing anything, but just want a reassuring, excellent experience. Great food, cozy French atmosphere, friendly and efficient service, good value. And they let us stay as long as we wanted even though place was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A super find!GourmandeDined on 3/28/2014Tried to make reservations at another spot and this was recommended instead. We had one of the loveliest, and most delicious, dinners ever. A lovely spot, fabulous salads, perfect (and very French bistrot!) food. They seamlessly accommodated our son with special needs and the evening was memorable for that also.Special Features:
- Unexpected delightPattonyVIPDined on 3/15/2014We think that we can understand why the neighborhood wants to keep this gem to themselves. The food exceeded our expectations. The service was great. The Baker Street Bistro is an establishment to which we will bring family & friends,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French CafeXoxoDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I LOVE Baker Street Bistro. It is a cozy, authentic french cafe tucked in a neighborhood in Cow Hollow. The food is always amazing and the dinner special meal is an elegant French feast at a hard to believe low price. The chefs and hosts are the real deal, French, and they expect you to take your time and savor the meal along with their nice selection of wines. If you want to eat and run, consider waiting to enjoy Baker Street Bistro when you have more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gembtr2Dined on 2/16/2014Where are we?? Oh, Yes, I thought for a moment we were in Paris!! We love this place with its homey atmosphere, attentive staff--I can even practice my high-school French with the waitress. The food is great--duck a L'orange is my favorite so tender it melts in your mouth!. Also good vegetarian choices.Special Features:
- Sweet, authentic-feeling FrenchMaryanne224Dined on 2/6/2014Sweet, authentic-feeling French bistro with a delightful menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful food great prices amazingAkira123Dined on 1/28/2014Absolutely loved this spot! The waiter was friendly, funny and helpful. The food was absolutely amazing the duck was perfectly cooked and the mussel were packed with flavor. It was the perfect date spot :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBarbaraDined on 1/17/2014We were looking for something close to the Palace of Fine Arts for a before the concert dinner. I was intrigued by the menu and was not disappointed. Baker Street Bistro is a neighborhood jewel! We loved everything about the experience.Special Features:
- Limited selection but Good food.Evita1VIPDined on 12/24/2013Lamb chop was great and the scallops was awesome. I would also recommend the duck breast but not the seafood stew. The stew's broth was tasty but weak in ingredients. Don't waste your money on desserts. You can get something better at Starbucks or even Safeway. Good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Christmas Eve dinnermoiaussiVIPDined on 12/24/2013And it wasn't even a special menu for the occasion! This little bistro, tucked away in a lovely neighborhood near the Presidio gate, serves amazing French food in an intimate cozy atmosphere at a bargain price. The steak Tartare was the best I have had in this hemisphere. The duck a l'orange and mushroom soup also were excellent, as were the profiteroles and pear tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's on the favorites list now!Reviewer1000VIPDined on 12/24/2013We had dinner here Christmas Eve. The mixed greens with goat cheese were wonderful and the French onion soup was to die for! We had salmon and scallops - all cooked to perfection. And because it was Christmas Eve - we had to try the special Christmas Log for dessert! It was like marble sponge cake - so fun! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- RediscoveryBobeatswellVIPDined on 12/21/2013We live in the neighborhood and we were not thrilled upon a previous occasion BUT returned last weekend and had a wonderful meal, very pleasant wait staff and and a very festive evening! It is back on the neighborhood A list!!! We're so glad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic french foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2013Baker St Bistro provides authentic and good french food. I really enjoyed the Cassoulet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet Monday NightJandJDined on 12/21/2013I have been here a few times in the past and always had a wonderful experience. Monday night, however seemed completely different. Did the restaurant change ownership or chef in the recent past? We both ordered the pre fixe dinner. The leek soup was so-so without a deliciousness I have come to expect. The trout seemed over-done and tasteless and the sauce too sour and did not complement the fish. The salad was completely ordinary and the dessert was cut up fresh fruit that seemed as if it had sat in the refrigerator overnight. We selected a French sauvignon blanc with the waiter's help and it was excellent, a Sancerre. I will not give up on this fine bistro, I will give it another chance before I quit it. Everyone can have an "off" night.Special Features:
- Always perfect.mamafishVIPDined on 12/20/2013Baker Street Bistro's only flaw us that it us so Far from our DANVILLE neighborhood. Wonderful charm and tasty food. All you could want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, outstanding service!JB53Dined on 12/14/2013We were looking for a restaurant in the Marina area for dinner on Saturday evening and were fortunate to find Baker Street Bistro. I had the salmon special and my SO had the mussels. The food was delicious. The service was outstanding. Fortunately we used Open Table to get reservations or we would not have gotten in. They were very busy. Baker Street Bistro is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymooningTothemoonAliceDined on 11/30/2013A friend recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed! They were super attentive and the food was very good. It was a beautiful little intimate cafe experience. Suffice to say, I was halfway expecting them not to pay attention to my email request to have a glass of merlot for my husband BUT they had it ready to go! I was SO impressed. We will return again for sure! oh they also called a cab for us since we weren't really sure where to go to get one since it seems to be tucked away into a neighborhood. NICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingkenkwDined on 11/16/2013Tried the fix price dinner menu - chicken pasta as main dish - nothing special and size is on small side.
- Great food PlaceSFFoodReviewerDined on 11/14/2013Great place to go for dinner. The tables are a little close to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant eveTriciaPVIPDined on 11/10/2013...and can't beat the steak frites. Also appreciate one can taste the wine before investing in the full glass.Special Features:
- A wonderful neighbor hood bistro!StacyVIPDined on 11/9/2013I would recommend Baker Street Bistro to all! The best mussels in SF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, personalized service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2013Excellent, personalized service. They called me to tell me they had found my cell phone case outside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Re-VisitedJJJRLDined on 11/2/2013we used to go but have not been back in ten years and was very pleased to discover it was just the same. Excellent food and terrific service.Special Features:
- Cozy private hideawayWorldtravelerVIPDined on 10/31/2013We were looking for a quiet French restaurant away from the hustle bad bustle of down San Fran! We found this small neighborhood gem with great food and romantic ambiance. Well worth the cab ride from Market St and would recommend for a couple looking for a private getaway!Special Features:
- Great French foodSpikeDined on 10/17/2013Good French restaurants are not plentiful. This is one. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of FranceDoctorFlamingoDined on 10/12/2013The menu was superb and included all our favorites from our many trips to France. Food preparation and presentation was excellent and service was attentive and rapid. They were very accommodating to let us in before opening time. Street parking was available at 5:30 pm. We had just spent the summer in France and this was a lovely way to extend our vacation. Will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Love the escargotsSnailsRUsDined on 10/11/2013We've been here several times and keep coming back for the delicious escargots and mussels. Our nephew had duck confit which he pronounced very good. Husband loved the lamb chops. We shared a lovely dessert - strawberries with balsamic vinegar and pepper, served with vanilla ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-performance dinnerHelenMDined on 10/10/2013We come to the Baker Street Bistro about once a year before attending a performance at the Palace of Fine Arts. The meal is always delicious, and the ambiance charming. A great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantDavidDined on 10/8/2013This is a true neighbourhood gem, awesome French staff and great food, the $20 Menu Fixe during the weeks is awesome !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2013Excellent authentic country French cuisine. Will go back the next time I visit San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - serice needs fine tunegretchenDined on 9/10/2013We were a table of six. Nice ambiance. Friendly, but often absent staff. Food came and the waitress didn't put in the order for one of our entrees. My husband had no food and I had to split mine. His came about 10 minutes later. They were VERY apologetic and comped his meal. Since we were a table of 6, we automatically had a 20% tip added to our bill. I'd say, they didn't quite earn that. With all said, the food was excellent and we would give this place one more try in a smaller party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort food, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2013Good comfort food, friendly welcoming staff, cozy atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect light dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/4/2013Haven't been for a long time. Food and wine excellent -- Will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We obviously like this rest.NeighborDined on 9/4/2013We obviously like this rest. very much. It is a wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real favorite!WoodyDined on 9/4/2013The Bistro is our go to destination whenever we are visiting the Presidio. We love the neighborhood feel and the varied menu . Service is warm and responsive without being hovering. This visit was part of our wedding anniversary day at the Presidio. A delightful dining experience always at the Baker st. bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2013The Baker Street Bistro is located on a quiet street in Cow Hollow-Marina neighborhood. It is our go to place for a relaxing evening, good food and excellent service. While waiting for friends the other night, we enjoyed a glass of wine at an outside table before dining inside. One evening we arrived early enough for the prix fixe- what value! Soup, salad, entree and dessert. The mushroom soup was delicious as well as being a generous portion. My chicken was poached served on a bed of spinach with mashed potatoes. Dessert was chocolate mousse. The salmon and halibut are well prepared.Special Features: