Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
691 Route 25A
Miller Place, NY 11764Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://blondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6318215969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sam Nelovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Blond Restaurant is available for off-site catering for any occasion, from a simple back yard BBQ to a sophisticated Vineyard wedding. We can create a menu to fit your needs and wants.
- Private Party Facilities: We are available for private dinning. Our eclectic decor lends itself for any occasion, bridal showers,christening, communion, rehearsal dinner, birthday parties. We can create a menu to fit your needs and wants.
- Private Party Contact: Sam Nelovic 6318215969
- Entertainment: We offer live music every Thursday and Friday night for your dinning pleasure.
- Special Events: We offer live music every Thursday and Friday night for your dining pleasure.
A word from Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
Blond Restaurant is a contemporary American restaurant. Open seven nights a week for dinner only. Executive chef/owner Sam Nelovic offers a three course prix fix menu Sunday, and Tuesday through Thursday, or you could join us on Friday and Saturday nights for chef Sam's 5 course chefs tasting. On Monday night we offer "Free Wine Till Nine" Come and sample 8-10 different wines by the glass with the purchase of a entree (Parties of 5 or more limited to 2 bottles). Join us for happy hour every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5 - 7:30 and enjoy specialty drinks and appetizers. For your dining pleasure we offer live music every Thursday and Friday nights. Reservations are strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blond Restaurant - Miller Place reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)romantic (16)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (13)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014Don't let the strip mall location put you off this great spot. They make some great specialty martinis and great food. My date and I had a great meal, everything was just right from start to finish. Also the live music was fantastic and really helped make it a special experience. I'm looking forward to coming again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013Wonderful food, service was terrific (sorry, I forgot our server's name, but she was great)Special Features:
- Awesome!!!FamilyhugsDined on 12/20/2013For a strip mall Rest.. We were very surprised...Will Be back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceDoctorRonVIPDined on 12/14/2013We arrived during a snowstorm to a sparse crowd. It was very cozy with the swirling snow outside. I started with the Frise Salad and my partner the shrimp on pita with hummus. Both are spectacular. I'm not a salad eater, but the Frise is the best I've ever had. She had the branzini special, which she loved, and I tried the short ribs. Melt-in-your -mouth flavorful and so comforting on a blizzard night! Dessert was a shared chocolate bombshell of mousse and cookie crust under a dark chocolate sauce. Again, delicious! This night was a warm and luscious private experience. Other nights it is highly energetic and crowded with appreciative patrons. We love it, and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great timeMjulieDined on 12/7/2013Took my daughter there last minute as Mirabelle was booked for a private party got a quick reservation using open table when we got to Blonde we were seated immediately tables are a little too close together for my taste and the restaurant is a little noisy however I think that was due to it being full happily that was our biggest complaint service was excellent and the food was delicious we elected to have various appetizers in lieu of a main course and out of the 6 we ordered 5 were great the crab cakes were just ok overall it was a wonderful experience I will definitely return and I recommend it to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Friday Night DinnerLindaDined on 11/22/2013Always great service and delicious food. They don't rush you so you can relax and enjoy the delicious Pear martini There is something for everyone and food is just the right amount and fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodKostall83113Dined on 11/22/2013Had the Duck and mushroom Risotto and it was wonderful. The Duck was cook to perfection and the portion size was adaquite The wine list is extensive and the wine we choose was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not Great anymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2013Food and service were good. Unfortunately, the menu hasn't changed in years! It seems that during the week, the overall experience is just average. This used to be an excellent, neighborhood gem. Hope things change in the very near future!Special Features:
- Reliable god food. I willJoTimeDined on 11/9/2013Reliable god food. I will go again. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekThomDined on 11/6/2013Went to Blond for the first time during restaurant week. Waitress was great, when I was undecided about which wine to order, she brought me a taste. There was a rather large group with lots of kids next to us, celebrating a birthday, singing and walking around. They should have been at Applebee's :) Potato soup and pork loin were great. I had a pear tart for dessert that was good, not great. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected moreyogajaiDined on 10/29/2013It was a special occasion and I had invited close friends and family. We don't go out to eat that much anymore due to the high prices and low quality of most restaurants. I had heard good things about Blond, however, and thought we would give it a try. Although there were those in the party that enjoyed their entrees, there were many of us who were not impressed. I thought the soup and salad was really good. My entree left much to be desired. The desserts were only fair, so on the whole, not impressed.
- OutstandingMAWWDined on 10/19/2013I had not been to this restaurant for a couple of years so I was very happy to find that it was still as good as I remembered. Food and service was excellent. Definitely a place I will go back to and recommend to friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!!!ellabellsDined on 10/19/2013Blond has been my favorite restaurant since my first visit! I have never been let down here. The food is nothing short of perfection and the service is always top notch. You won't be disappointed with the menu or the service. The tilapia over risotto is to die for!!!! Overall it is not a huge restaurant, so I recommend making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickDined on 10/18/2013Thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience. The chef was very accommodating with food requests and all the dishes came out hot and delicious. I am so looking forward to my next meal here.Special Features:
- Thanks!FoodAllergiesDined on 10/13/2013Due to food allergies, my menu had to be altered significantly. The waitress and chef were extremely accommodating and helpful in designing a meal that was safe for me to eat. I am very grateful. The food came out delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!!kkoala519Dined on 9/29/2013Always have a great meal and service here. The PEI Mussels are to die for!!Special Features:
- Bon ApetitAdamRichmanDined on 9/14/2013I had the seafood risotto and me better half had the veal scaloppini. Both were well prepared and very tasty. been better if they had The service could not be better. Next time I will try the seared duck.Special Features:
- I've been to Blond severalFineFoodFanDined on 9/13/2013I've been to Blond several times over the past years and I was surprised to see how noisy it was this past Friday. We could not even hear the live music. I would recommend going on a weeknight or at 9pm or later on weekends if you want to be able to hold a conversation with your company. The food was good, especially the fried calamari, but I would stay away from the duck tacos. A better wine selection would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGrandmereVIPDined on 8/15/2013We dined here at a local favorite for our 48th wedding anniversary, and were delighted to discover that a singer/guitarist was providing entertainment on a Thursday evening; the music was a pleasant backdrop for our special occasion, and we enjoyed Renee's beautiful voice and repertoire of music. The prix-fixe menu had been enlarged from our previous visits, and we had difficulty choosing from the wonderful selections. My husband had mah-mahi, and I had tilapia; both were beautifully prepared and delicious. We declined the soup, but enjoyed the salads and dessert immensely. Our server, Michelle, was excellent, as was the busgirl, Jessica. They both were professional and amazingly efficient despite the number of diners they serviced. Superb!Special Features:
- BEST RESTAURANT IN SUFFOLK COUNTY !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013I've eaten at every great restaurant on Long Island for both business and pleasure. The food and the atmosphere at Blond rival Manhattan. Excellent experience everytime !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outRam525Dined on 8/10/2013Food was good. The menu was a little weak, and the specials were scarce. What made the dinner was the great service provided by our waitress. Very pleasant, and exuberant. We enjoyed hearing about her recent wedding and wonderful honeymoon. We will be back.Special Features:
- The place to go for that NY feelJOJODined on 8/2/2013A nice hidden secret tucked away with great food and friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined here many years agoluv2dineDined on 7/6/2013We dined here many years ago and found alot to be desired then we decided to give it another try due to new reviews we read. Night and day the menu has so many more choices and the food is very well prepared. It was a pleasant surprise now at least we have another choice in Mt. Sinai which is a "good" restaurant starved town. The only problem we have is the wine prices are too high. We buy alot of wine and expect to pay more at a restaurant but if you know your prices these are way too highfor the brands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed!FoodiesDined on 6/29/2013We enjoyed our night at Blond. Fresh crab cakes started our meal plus my strawberry martini was perfect! My risotto was a litte on the cheesy side but delicious nonetheless, paired with shrimp that were cooked perfectly! My husband had veal which was cooked nicely although it did lack some flavor. Service was great & ambiance was relaxing! Would definitely recommend to a friend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food and the chocolateLibbyDined on 6/8/2013Loved the food and the chocolate martini I had. The problem was that it took 3 full hours from starters to dessert. It was very crowded and very noisy. Not sure why it took so long. They should have more staff or not book so many at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be better. Not returningTeachnyDined on 5/20/2013The free wine Monday night, which used to fill the dining room, is now one free glass. hence empty monday night dining room. I must have missed that change on their website. We are not going back.
- good foodRobertVIPDined on 5/18/2013excellent Risotto, beef tenderloin and duck. Amazing flavors all around well worth the trip and the Wine choice by the waiters is excellent tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent meallove2punksDined on 5/18/2013Went for my birthday with 3 others in the party. The food was so delicious. Service was excellent. all the food ordered was excellent. Notables were the pear martinis..which hit the spot, pork belly appetizer, and fried calamari with a sweet and spicy Thai chili sauce. We also ordered duck breast risotto, diver scallops with a delicious risotto, double stuffed pork chops and a pasta dish with beef shortrib bolongese sauce. All excellent. For dessert share the chocolate peanut butter fondue. All in all a really enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blond was very nice , foodTerryDined on 5/17/2013Blond was very nice , food was great, but the portions were small for the price, but in all a good experience!! Service was very good!!Special Features:
- Relaxing Friday night dinnerLindaDined on 5/10/2013Good food and nice staff. Singer was very good and made for nice atmosphere. Food was delicious. Had the veal scalloping and filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMarthaDined on 5/8/2013Blond is a wonderful restaurant with outstanding food, wine, and excellent and friendly service - one of the the best places around and highly recommended by everyone I know - its a true gem, its one the very few restaurants around that truly has amazing food and its weekday pre-fix 3 course deal is a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013We went to Blond for the first time during restaurant week, the food good and the service was excellent. The place is a rip off, a 3 course pre-fixe for 27.99 (only 3 choices at that price, everything else has a supplement), they typically have a 3 course pre-fixe for 36.99 outside of restaurant week. We ordered our 3 courses with a $14 supplement each. When leaving, they have their typical 3 course menu posted outside, it was the same appetizers and entrees we just had for $6 less. So much for "Restaurant Week", we won't be back, to many excellent restaurants to spend my money in.
- A real gem among many rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2013This is my favorite place to dine. The chef makes a great effort to present really good food in appropriate portions. I am not a fan of the enormous portions usually found in most Long Island restaurants. It was nice to see some California wines on the wine list and the cocktails are great! The dining room is very pleasant with a sophisticated urban feel. Service moves smoothly and I had no complaints about that. Prices may be a bit high for some but, considering the whole experience, it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Restaurant WeekTAK1Dined on 4/30/2013Rayna was an excellent waitress! she was sweet and friendly! Food was very good, lots of great choices, prepared well and beautifully presented! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Lover's DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2013can't say enough about the food. The appetizers were amazing from the calamari to the scallops and the tuna tar-tar. We all had the beef which was outstanding--seasoned to perfection and tender. For dessert we all had the chocolate mousse cake which was to die for. To top it off the service was wonderful -- they tried to accommodate all our requests.Special Features:
- Our only dissapointment wasDCKCDined on 4/28/2013Our only dissapointment was our server failed to mention that they were out of an item prior to placing our order. we were both planning on ordering that dish for dinner. I think this happened due to understaffing of servers. I gave only a good rating for service due to that.
- Love the food. It's not somethingjoanneDined on 4/28/2013Love the food. It's not something you would think would be on the menu but when you order it it is amazing.Special Features:
- Good Food, but overpricedmhartnagDined on 4/16/2013Food is very good, however wine selections resulted in making several choices because they did not have selections from their wine list. All things considered, it is a bit overpriced for the experience. $165 per couple with 1 drink, 1 moderately priced bottle of wine. Two of the dinners came from the Prix Fix menu which is $36.
- Great ExperienceVitamanVIPDined on 4/10/2013Excellent service and very good food. We were impressed.Special Features:
- Terrifcic food,fourth time.HarryDined on 4/10/2013Terrifcic food,fourth time. Would highly reccomend it.Special Features: