450 East 29th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riverparknyc.com/
- Phone: 2127299790x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 12 pm-10 pm
Friday: 12 pm-11 pm
Saturday: 11 am-11 pm
Sunday: 11 am-10 pm
NOTE: For parties of five or more please contact the restaurant directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sisha Ortuzar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverpark offers several unique spaces for hosting your next event. With seasoned sensibilities in food and service, Riverpark Events is a seamless extension of what we do best each day. Uncommon are Riverpark's selection of spaces, East River views, and culinary team headed by Chef Sisha Ortúzar and Restaurateur Tom Colicchio.
Our dedicated Events team will work with you to create an inviting environment and menu tailored to your needs; from a dinner with friends, to a corporate presentation or reception for 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Cervantes 2128101814x403
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue and the East River
- Public Transit: By subway, take the 6 train to 28th Street
By bus, take the M15 bus northbound on 1st Avenue to 29th Street. If headed southbound take the M15 on 2nd Avenue to 28th Street or M34A 2nd Avenue to 29th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: From First Ave, turn right at E 30th St. towards the East River. At the stop sign, take a hard right onto the FDR Service Road (E 26th St) - do not proceed onto the FDR ramp. The entrance to the garage is located on the right. Parking is validated when you dine with us.
A word from Riverpark
Located on a unique garden plaza with romantic East River views, Riverpark represents a dynamic culinary destination in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood. Riverpark reflects Tom Colicchio's overall vision as restaurateur, and Chef Sisha Ortuzar's creative concept showcasing the restaurant's own urban farm just feet away from the kitchen. Riverpark's modern American menus change daily, highlighting seasonal ingredients from local farms, Greenmarkets and Riverpark Farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riverpark reviews from OpenTable diners
428 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (299)great for outdoor dining (271)fit for foodies (270)special occasion (252)romantic (201)neighborhood gem (147)great for lunch (138)great for brunch (128)good for groups (101)notable wine list (101)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)Show More
- This wonderful, out-of-the-wayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2011This wonderful, out-of-the-way gem was a treat from start to finish. From greeting to seating through eating - this was an experience presented by a warm, friendly, professional staff determined to make a good impression, presenting a dinner to remember and very interested in having us come again. The room was dimly lit, modern, warm and cozy with spectacular East River views (request a window table). We shared the Short-rib Ravioli which, though a bit salty, was a great start - pasta was paper thin. We followed with Diver Scallops (decent) and the Pork Chop (perfect). Too full for dessert but the Cinnamon Panna Cotta will surely be part of our next visit - we already made a reservation for two weeks from now.Special Features:
- For a Tom Colicchio restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2011For a Tom Colicchio restaurant, this was a major disappointment. Our service was not entirely handled by one server, and their lack of attention was not up to what we would have expected. The food was fair, the portions overall were on the small side, and none of the entrees came with any sides.
- The trip to Riverpark wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2011The trip to Riverpark was definitely worth it. The menu was very inspired. I had the steak and sea urchin tartare and the flavors in this dish were amazing and worked beautifully together. The cilantro was an excellent touch in this dish. I did not know what to expect from braised octopus, but it was definitely delicious. Normally, you think octopus is going to be extremely chewy, but this octopus had a great texture and the broth that surrounded it was spectacular. I also ordered the dry-aged sirloin. I had ordered it medium rare and it came out as 4 pieces. My only complaint of the entire night was that all 4 pieces were not consistenly medium rare. This was a bit of a disappointment, but the rest of the meal was fantastic!Special Features:
- Chef Tom Colicchio has anotherNicknameVIPDined on 1/2/2011Chef Tom Colicchio has another winner in Riverpark. His food is exquisite, and prices are gentler than at some of his other restaurants, though portions are small. Riverpark's decor is modern and hard-edged, yet dim lighting softens the ambiance. The only minus to an otherwise superlative dinner was the raucous clientele. With no soft surfaces to dampen the noise, loud voices and braying laughs were almost painful. Still, the food is so delicious, I'm eager to return.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2011Very nice restaurant looking out on the East River. We split the dry aged steak for two and finished with beer ice cream. Both were amazing! Our server was both professional and personable, which is not a normal combination, in my experience. My only complaint is that when you're being charged for soda refills, if it isn't noted on the menu, I think that the server should let you know that they aren't free.Special Features:
- Located a bit off the beatenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/1/2011Located a bit off the beaten path, this rest., at E.29 St.& FDR Dr. worth the slight extra effort to find. The entire facility is beautiful, exceeded, perhaps, only by the spectacular views it offers. Free parking is also a plus. Service a-one. The entire staff went out of their way to please. Top notch food quality and preparation. Squid ink chitarra and veal chop were delicious.Special Features:
- We had their ala carte menuNYCdineDined on 12/31/2010We had their ala carte menu at an early seating on New Year's Eve. Food & Service were excellent, but the location is not very inviting at night. It is at the farthest east end of 29th Street at the base of the Alexandria Center, a bio science building. The security guard offered to call us a car so we didn't have to walk down 29th (between water & 1st Ave)... very desolate the night we were there. Probably much busier during the work week.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2010Wonderful experience. Food was delicious, service was great. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. We all loved the atmosphere. Plenty of room between tables and beautifully appointed. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- Good food, friendly well trainedluv2cookVIPDined on 12/31/2010Good food, friendly well trained staff, well designed space.Special Features:
- This is a lovely and dramaticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/30/2010This is a lovely and dramatic place with spectacular views IF you get the right table. The service was great- the cocktails yummy and inventive. The chef is excellent- all of the pastas we tried were amazing as were the main courses A liitle hard to get to but worth it.Special Features:
- This place is really winningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/30/2010This place is really winning me over. Each time I've been here the food and service are great. It's a true oasis in this barren stretch near First Avenue. It just may become my new neighborhood favorite.Special Features:
- Perfect restaurant...superOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/29/2010Perfect restaurant...super but simple food...reasonable...great for conversation...great service staff...friendly...3 hour parking voucherSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere of this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/29/2010The atmosphere of this restaurant is great, but the food and wine left a lot to be desired. The wines by the glass, for which we paid $15, were incredibly stingy. Each glass had about 2 sips in the glass. The ravioli was the only good thing on the menu. The scallops were the size of an appetizer portion and bland. The grilled cheese was burnt, and the butternut soup was sour. Skip this place
- Though the place was fairlydlyonsVIPDined on 12/27/2010Though the place was fairly empty because of the snow storm, we were greeted warmly and service was flawless. I few things missed the mark of perfection -- was not impressed with the steak tartar with sea urchin-- lacked flavor. And the branzino was overpowered by anchovy. The octopus was amazing as was the steak for two. The pastas were delicious too. Desserts were hit or miss -- apple crisp was lacking many apples but the ice creams were innovative though small in portion, the beignets were warm and tasty.Special Features:
- Lovely space, great food,FressmanDined on 12/24/2010Lovely space, great food, and quiet for a NY restaurant... Staff very pleasant and their desire to make everything work is evident.Special Features:
- We live in the area and thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2010We live in the area and this will become a staple for us. The service and food were amazing. The space takes you away to a different place like being on vacation.Special Features:
- The restaurant offers twoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2010The restaurant offers two menus, a dinner menu and a bar menu. Although both offer good finds items on the bar menu including an amazing fried chicken are very reasonably priced and tasty (yes a fine dinning fried chicken that works... go figure:). We ordered one item off the dinner menu and one off of the bar menu. For $17 the fried chicken was great and the portion size was more then a normal person could eat. Off the dinner menu we got the duck which tasted amazing, the only downside was it read duck breast on the menu but in reality they only give you half a duck breast. The wait staff was not as attentive as I would want from a fine dinning venue but the location, price, and food quality made this a good find.Special Features:
- Great service, excellent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/21/2010Great service, excellent lunch food, slightly salty (potato chips and steak) otherwise great meal.Special Features:
- Interesting food menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2010Interesting food menu and assortment...my pork loin was a bit on the salty side but quite okay otherwise. Would certainly come back.Special Features:
- Lovely, romantic Sunday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/19/2010Lovely, romantic Sunday night dinner for 2 w/ river view. Not crowded & decor is tastefully modern. Ask for river view or you might be seated in back area which has no direct view. Our server was earnest and cheerful. The sommelier was not there & server was not familiar with wines so “the back” helped out. Would have liked more help w/ the wines. The recommended appetizers & entrees were excellent: Mackerel Escabeche, Braised Octopus, Pork Chop & Sturgeon. Desserts: Cinnamon Panna Cotta was light & not too spice ridden. The complimentary "birthday" Beignets were light, tiny pillows & very tasty w/ compote & custard. Prices for entrée, beers & wines are very reasonable. Thanks to all who made the birthday dinner special. Will return.Special Features:
- Great service, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2010Great service, good food, nice ambiance, finally a good restaurant where you can actually hear people you are with and carry an intelligent conversation. -- a great and much needed addition to the scene!
- Everything was amazing, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2010Everything was amazing, the decor, the food, the waiter, the view. We will definitely go back. It was very easy to get to as well.Special Features:
- Just a bit disorganized asDennisDined on 12/17/2010Just a bit disorganized as we had to wait 15 minutes without apology to get our table reserved for 6:45.......Special Features:
- My fiancee and I had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2010My fiancee and I had a very good dinner at Riverpark. The decor was beautiful. I would recommend it for first dates and special occasions.Special Features:
- Tom ColicchioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2010This is a great Tom Colicchio restaurant. Offering great food, good ambiance and views.Special Features:
- Nice room, great view. MyeddieVIPDined on 12/16/2010Nice room, great view. My appetizer had a crisp Paella with mackerel. The mackerel was delicious. The crisp was a hockey puck. Roasted sturgeon was enhanced by the sauce and was worth it. The suggested wine by another server, was a great choice. Service was sporadic. My missing waitress was filled in for by other staff. Evidently Riverpark was short staffed my night. The Molasses Pound Cake was tasty but the cake part could have been larger and tastier. Coffee was wonderful. A bit far to go in the winter but Spring or Summer would be a better time to visit.Special Features:
- The food was very good --SteakhoundVIPDined on 12/14/2010The food was very good -- even the mushroom consommé was surprisingly flavorful -- but in the end it wasn't quite worth the trek. Maybe in warmer weather, or if we'd had a seat by the window looking out over the water. Again, though, very good food, and well worth a visit if you live nearby.Special Features:
- My dining experience at RiverparkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2010My dining experience at Riverpark was nothing short of wonderful last night. I had included a special note that we were celebrating a birthday with our reservation, and this was acknowledged as soon as we entered the restaurant. The view was spectacular (I can only imagine how enjoyable outdoor dining will be once it warms up!) and my request for a table with a view was honored. The wine list was extensive, the food was superb, and our server Nate was extremely attentive and friendly. He even brought us a complimentary dessert for my significant other's birthday, which I thought was very kind! The ambiance was just perfect for a romantic birthday celebration, and that is exactly what we had. Thank you to all who made it so wonderful!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant withEG61VIPDined on 12/11/2010Beautiful restaurant with gorgeous views of the East River. Food fell a little short. Interesting menu but food over salted.Special Features:
- A very nice experience. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/10/2010A very nice experience. The Price Fixe Lunch was a bargain. My only complaint about this place is one that I have with lots of places. What restaurant school teaches its students that it's okay to ignore the fact that diners are in the middle of a conversation and simply barge in several times to ask how we like the food or if the plates can be cleared? I suppose they think this is a hallmark of caring service--I call it rude. They can't wait for someone to finish a sentence? Several times during the meal?
- Everyone should go to RiverparkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/10/2010Everyone should go to Riverpark -- I want my food to be cooked that way all the time! And the servers were wonderful, warm and attentive.Special Features:
- We totally enjoyed our lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/8/2010We totally enjoyed our lunch there. I took a friend for her birthday and she was delighted. So was I.Special Features:
- There are very few reallyBookieVIPDined on 12/8/2010There are very few really good places to eat in far east Kips Bay. But this is definitely worth seeking out, and seek you must. Don't be put off by the hike from 1st Ave. You will arrive at a sleek space with excellent service, a good bar, and very good food--just what you'd expect from Tom Colicchio. The fried chicken at lunch is stupendous!Special Features:
- The view is wonderful, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2010The view is wonderful, the food is wonderful, the staff is wonderful and attentive, and the service outstanding. I noted food allergies and the staff was prepared to meet my needs. I will return.Special Features:
- The food , service and atmophereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2010The food , service and atmophere was excellent!The outside signage was terrible!!! One can not determine what door to enter the restaurant..If you drive by car, no sign as to the garage under building???The rest rooms are all the way out in the Building lobby and in the winter it is freezing cold.Special Features:
- food wasn't bad, but didn'tcathyVIPDined on 12/5/2010food wasn't bad, but didn't come together as well as expected from Tom Colicchio. appetizers- mackerel and cavatelli both good. lamb and scallop entrees were both slightly off. lamb was done perfect, but side compotents was indistinguishable. scallops came with pear, mango sauce, and mushrooms- flavors didn't meld well. dessert of beignets was not good- tasted like warm rolls instead of powdery fresh-made pastries.Special Features:
- A sophisticated scene, beautifulLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 12/4/2010A sophisticated scene, beautiful atmosphere and top quality service. The food was excellent! Bravo!Special Features:
- A very pleasant dinner andELJEFEVIPDined on 12/3/2010A very pleasant dinner and evening. Did not discourage ordering from bar menu. Only complaint is that the food (all of it) was very salty. It's not clear to me why, since there have been other significant reviews mentioning this that the kitchen has not gotten the message. Let the customer adjust salt levels to their own needs.
- Excellent food with a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2010Excellent food with a nice view of river/bridges. Romantic and fun. Nice space. Would return.Special Features:
- The service was great! veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2010The service was great! very friendly and attentive.Special Features: