1040 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafonduedenver.com/
- Phone: 3035340404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fondue
La Fondue in downtown Denver is known for its unsurpassed quality of food service and dining atmosphere. A great place to celebrate all the occasions of life or just life itself. We offer modern French cuisine as well as a wonderful fondue menu, fondue is a fun place to cook your own food at your own table, have classic cheeses made in front of you and to finish it all off with chocolate fondue with all the goodies to dip into. If you want to celebrate, have a romantic evening or just being with family and friends this is the place that will entertain you and your taste buds!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
La Fondue - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
La Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (45)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (20)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- CleaninessMarlissDined on 2/28/2014The table we sat down at had glass all over the ledge, chair and corner of the table. It was near the window. You should check for cleaniness around and under tables before quest arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceliloneDined on 2/27/2014I love fondue so we had to try this place for restaurant week. The menu was great and the staff was very friendly. The food was good and was a fun time. Will be coming back soon.Special Features:
- ReviewCherrylushDined on 2/27/2014The food was great, the service was okay. I think my server and all other servers were very busy due to 5280. The back of the area of the restaurant was uncomfortably warm. Everyone around us were complaining about the heat. Other then that, everything was okay.Special Features:
- For the price, quality andbatgirl270VIPDined on 2/26/2014For the price, quality and ambience Melting Pot is WAY better!! Don't waste your $$ @ La Fondue
- Location and service=best aspectskarmagDined on 2/26/2014Our server was very good, despite having the multiple duties involved here, which included setting up the fondue pot and mixing the cheese into the wine/water base for our first course. We were disappointed in the entrees (one meat variety platter and one veggies only platter) and the chocolate fondue dessert but would definitely come here again because of the location, which is right down the street from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
- Needs sprucing upOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2014Overall, a good experience. After refusing to be seated in a booth with a badly torn seat (the restaurant was less than half full - why would they want to make such a bad first impression?) it was a pleasant evening. The food was good and more than plentiful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that great this 5280OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2014My husband and I came here last 5280 and we loved it. I liked it a lot better than the melting pot. This year however, the food was not as good. I'm not sure if it's because of the limited choices they had on their menu or what but I didn't like it. The ranch tasted like blue cheese, the shrimp didn't smell fresh at all. Not sure if we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmbarassingLindsayLouDined on 2/25/2014Slow. Fumbling. Out of most of the wines we requested. No response from management when I asked for any assistance in my meal. Was overcharged $60 during restaurant week.
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014This was a great place to eat for 5280 week. We had an enjoyable time, ate plenty of food and overall had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum under the snowMangiamangiaDined on 2/25/2014This was a great restaurant during Denver restaurant week. We really enjoyed the food and the ambience. Service was good. We were seated later than our reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageBJJMDined on 2/25/2014Although the fondue environment is generally a fun one, I was only moderately satisfied with this experience. The service was mediocre and the food was mediocre at best. Not really much flavor at all.
- Save room for Dessert!abphgrlDined on 2/25/2014Oh my goodness! What a find for Denver Restaurant Week!! The food is DELICIOUS! The service is wonderful!! Even my penny-pincher boyfriend would dine here again! Definitely save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 dinnerFood2di4Dined on 2/24/2014We were seated at a booth, with a tear in the seat, that was big enough for a wallet to disappear into. We debated asking for another table, but our waiter was prompt, friendly, efficient and attentive. He made our evening! The food was delicious and the chocolate fondue dessert was to die for. The restaurant is upscale, so having a seat with a very large hole in it, is unacceptable. I could tell it had been there awhile, because the padding was well matted and worn looking. Other than that, the evening was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic Fonduestrive4impactDined on 2/24/2014La Fondue is everything you would hope for from a Fondue Restaurant. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Fondue was a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014I LOVE Fondue. Their fondue was awesome. I highly recommend the cheese & dessert courses. The meat course was good just not overly flavorful like the other courses. The food was abundant though. The server was nice. We went during restaurant week, so our server was overwhelmed. I don't think this place is usually as packed as it was this night. I really liked that Hogue was their wine partner for the week. They make great wine. Also, our table had a ghetto hot plate on top of the one on the table. I assume that one was broken. Because I am short, it made fondue awkward. I think we would have a better experience at any other table with a built in hot plate. Considering that, we will go again because the cheese & desserts were so delish!Special Features:
- It was my teenage's son firstGomezDined on 2/23/2014It was my teenage's son first experience with Fondue and he really enjoyed himself. The staff was friendly and patient with answering all of his questions. We had a great time =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eating experiencepinkladyDined on 2/23/2014My daughter and I have eaten at La Fondue twice now and both times we have really enjoyed the experience. Cooking your own food at table side while having a great conversation is a great way to spend an evening out in downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff, horrible restaurantcomattDined on 2/22/2014Went to La Fondue for Denver Restaurant week, first time and was not impressed. Got to table, looked nice until noticed wine glass on table was never cleaned, still had dried wine in it! Then I started looking around. Ripped chairs covers with foam showing, half finished construction projects, bathrooms gross and in taters. Still has the awning for the previous restaurant from 3 years ago? I wonder if the owner has ever been there to see what it looks like or if they know, but refuse to fix the simplest issues. This would be perfect for one of those remodel restaurant shows! Melting Pot or fondue at home for now. Would be great if Downtown had a great fondue place, my wife loves them, just not La Fondue.
- Went for 5280--staff was excellent-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014Went for 5280--staff was excellent--hadn't been there before and were impressed. Would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made going out to dinner funOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Made going out to dinner fun while still enjoying very high quality food! Great for first dates, the cooking of your own food helps with the awkwardness :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good alternate to the Melting PotJames80214Dined on 2/22/2014Not quite the same historical/romantic setting as the melting pot, but a good runner up in every other regard.Special Features:
- DeliciousEvergreenDined on 2/22/2014The four of us ate at La Fondue during Restaurant Week after the show. Wow there was so much food and it was all so delicious. We had four courses, cheese fondue, salad, main dish fondue, and chocolate fondue. We saddled out of there happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, awkward serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Overall the experience was pretty good, but our server was extremely awkward and almost seemed nervous. He forgot a few things, but was still very nice. I would go back, but only if I was unable to get a table at the Melting Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I honestly thought that this would be a good place, kinda like the melting pot; small but nice. The food was good so was the fondue, however the service was pretty lousy, waiting 15 minutes after being sat down to just get greeted waters took long no refills for 10 minutes. Just could've been better.
- HorrendousMLLRTIME1388Dined on 2/14/2014Mediocre fondue at best.... Would of rather gone to melting pot all said and done.... Highly recommended to look elsewhere... I wasted $200 here on valentine's day at an outdated (all tables were unfinished with grout and rough table exposed... Looks as if finished by a laborer) overpriced restaurant (melting pot would of been half the price) ... The reviews on yelp are spot on...
- Family funStephpicks2dineDined on 2/13/2014Really enjoy going with. Children - kids enjoy the experience and it keeps everyone engaged. It is expensive - so make it a special occasion ! The server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and expensivetravelndineDined on 2/1/2014The food was okay, but definitely not at the price they charge. The restaurant was extremely loud, but the view was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Once again the price they charge is ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great fondue experience!Love2dineoutDined on 1/29/2014We chose LaFondue as a fun spot to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were not disappointed. The flavorful dipping sauces, the "community cooking" experience, the quiet, dimly lit eating areas and the cheerful, helpful wait staff made this the perfect dining experience for a special occasion.Special Features:
- great restaurant, good waitstafflivtoflyDined on 1/24/2014great restaurant, good waitstaff and great atmosphere! We enjoy this restaurant and will go back as we do each time we are there for a performance at the Denver Arts Performing Center. See private note - this restaurant is class all the way! The issue was handled with such finesse and expertise and indicated good wait staff training. Manager should be proud of her staff and the manner in which they handled what could have been a disastrous situation for my wife and customers sitting close by. We appreciated the "comp'd" meal - a gracious extension of what customer service is all about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okay....NMulvanyVIPDined on 1/17/2014We took the kids for dinner thinking it would be fun. It was for the kids. I can't say dinner was horrible. it wasn't. It wasn't anything awesome or to return for though. It kind of bugged me that I ordered a 2nd glass of wine and they brought it back in the same glass. I would think for the price a clean glass woudl be nice. What is not kid friendly is that they don't have a menu for them or even plastic cups. I think this place needs to close and open the space up to something new and fresh. It's connected to another restaurant which is always busy. I have to think that is how this place is still around.Special Features:
- Needs repairsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/10/2014The inside of this restaurant is very old and needs a good cleaning. Pictures were dusty with leftover food splashes on them. Our waitress was very sweet and seemed to know what she was doing, but the food quality was poor. Our fondue pot did not heat, taking forever for our food to cook.
- Better alternativesMSDDDSDined on 1/6/2014Went there because both Melting Pots were closed. Regret the decision. Similar to other reviews, the meats were not great cuts. Our "waiter in training" out performed our real waitress. He hustled and did very well. Our regular waitress was quiet and largely non-existent. Timing of food was horrible, waitress/waiter hardly came around after the meats were delivered. Other issues just added to an overall poor experience. My opinion is that The Melting Pot is a much better experience. Been there a dozen times and never had an issue.Special Features:
- We always go here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014We always go here for my birthday dinner. It is still my favorite place for fondue and I look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will need 2+ hoursDavidDined on 12/28/2013Been there a time or two. Good for fondue and a change in pace as a dining experience, but give it the time that it needs, which is 2+ hrs. Not to be rushed. The evening's server seemed to be "on something", and did not compliment the meal!!
- Always love going hereJessicaDined on 12/27/2013It's one of our favorite places to have a special event at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great funYourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 12/26/2013Fondu doesn't have to be about cheese.......amazing Asian broth for my steak and shrimp. Our son loved it. A definite hidden gem. Perfect for date night or even groups. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for Christmas dinner!denverdownsDined on 12/25/2013The Melting Pot has better ambience, and owns all the mind share in the fondue market space, but the food is just as good, the services is just as good, the wine list far more extensive, and it's a bit cheaper. Not a huge amount of places open for Christmas dinner in the first place, and this was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceLike2trynewDined on 12/25/2013We were a party of four who arrived a little before our reservation time. We were greeted by friendly, pleasant staff and were seated immediately. The fondue concept was a bit strange at first, a little confusing when all skewers were in the pot at the same time, but we became comfortable with it quickly. A good variety of food combinations to choose from and the chocolate fondue desserts were great. You can't complain about how your food was prepared because the prep is left entirely up to you. From the time we arrived till the time we left was almost three hours in duration, but we were never rushed by anyone and we had plenty of time for conversation and to enjoy our dinner. Would recommend you try at least once and then you can decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerSquidDined on 12/25/2013Had a wonderful time at the restaurant for dinner on Christmas day. While many places where closed this one was open and the staff, especially our waitress Alicia was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningETDenverDined on 12/24/2013This was a great place to go for a special occasion - something different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.