1040 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafonduedenver.com/
- Phone: 3035340404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fondue
La Fondue in downtown Denver is known for its unsurpassed quality of food service and dining atmosphere. A great place to celebrate all the occasions of life or just life itself. We offer modern French cuisine as well as a wonderful fondue menu, fondue is a fun place to cook your own food at your own table, have classic cheeses made in front of you and to finish it all off with chocolate fondue with all the goodies to dip into. If you want to celebrate, have a romantic evening or just being with family and friends this is the place that will entertain you and your taste buds!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fondue - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
La Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (50)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (20)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It was my teenage's son firstGomezDined on 2/23/2014It was my teenage's son first experience with Fondue and he really enjoyed himself. The staff was friendly and patient with answering all of his questions. We had a great time =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eating experiencepinkladyDined on 2/23/2014My daughter and I have eaten at La Fondue twice now and both times we have really enjoyed the experience. Cooking your own food at table side while having a great conversation is a great way to spend an evening out in downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff, horrible restaurantcomattDined on 2/22/2014Went to La Fondue for Denver Restaurant week, first time and was not impressed. Got to table, looked nice until noticed wine glass on table was never cleaned, still had dried wine in it! Then I started looking around. Ripped chairs covers with foam showing, half finished construction projects, bathrooms gross and in taters. Still has the awning for the previous restaurant from 3 years ago? I wonder if the owner has ever been there to see what it looks like or if they know, but refuse to fix the simplest issues. This would be perfect for one of those remodel restaurant shows! Melting Pot or fondue at home for now. Would be great if Downtown had a great fondue place, my wife loves them, just not La Fondue.
- Went for 5280--staff was excellent-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014Went for 5280--staff was excellent--hadn't been there before and were impressed. Would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made going out to dinner funOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Made going out to dinner fun while still enjoying very high quality food! Great for first dates, the cooking of your own food helps with the awkwardness :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good alternate to the Melting PotJames80214Dined on 2/22/2014Not quite the same historical/romantic setting as the melting pot, but a good runner up in every other regard.Special Features:
- DeliciousEvergreenDined on 2/22/2014The four of us ate at La Fondue during Restaurant Week after the show. Wow there was so much food and it was all so delicious. We had four courses, cheese fondue, salad, main dish fondue, and chocolate fondue. We saddled out of there happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, awkward serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Overall the experience was pretty good, but our server was extremely awkward and almost seemed nervous. He forgot a few things, but was still very nice. I would go back, but only if I was unable to get a table at the Melting Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I honestly thought that this would be a good place, kinda like the melting pot; small but nice. The food was good so was the fondue, however the service was pretty lousy, waiting 15 minutes after being sat down to just get greeted waters took long no refills for 10 minutes. Just could've been better.
- HorrendousMLLRTIME1388Dined on 2/14/2014Mediocre fondue at best.... Would of rather gone to melting pot all said and done.... Highly recommended to look elsewhere... I wasted $200 here on valentine's day at an outdated (all tables were unfinished with grout and rough table exposed... Looks as if finished by a laborer) overpriced restaurant (melting pot would of been half the price) ... The reviews on yelp are spot on...
- Family funStephpicks2dineDined on 2/13/2014Really enjoy going with. Children - kids enjoy the experience and it keeps everyone engaged. It is expensive - so make it a special occasion ! The server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and expensivetravelndineDined on 2/1/2014The food was okay, but definitely not at the price they charge. The restaurant was extremely loud, but the view was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Once again the price they charge is ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great fondue experience!Love2dineoutDined on 1/29/2014We chose LaFondue as a fun spot to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were not disappointed. The flavorful dipping sauces, the "community cooking" experience, the quiet, dimly lit eating areas and the cheerful, helpful wait staff made this the perfect dining experience for a special occasion.Special Features:
- great restaurant, good waitstafflivtoflyDined on 1/24/2014great restaurant, good waitstaff and great atmosphere! We enjoy this restaurant and will go back as we do each time we are there for a performance at the Denver Arts Performing Center. See private note - this restaurant is class all the way! The issue was handled with such finesse and expertise and indicated good wait staff training. Manager should be proud of her staff and the manner in which they handled what could have been a disastrous situation for my wife and customers sitting close by. We appreciated the "comp'd" meal - a gracious extension of what customer service is all about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okay....NMulvanyVIPDined on 1/17/2014We took the kids for dinner thinking it would be fun. It was for the kids. I can't say dinner was horrible. it wasn't. It wasn't anything awesome or to return for though. It kind of bugged me that I ordered a 2nd glass of wine and they brought it back in the same glass. I would think for the price a clean glass woudl be nice. What is not kid friendly is that they don't have a menu for them or even plastic cups. I think this place needs to close and open the space up to something new and fresh. It's connected to another restaurant which is always busy. I have to think that is how this place is still around.Special Features:
- Needs repairsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/10/2014The inside of this restaurant is very old and needs a good cleaning. Pictures were dusty with leftover food splashes on them. Our waitress was very sweet and seemed to know what she was doing, but the food quality was poor. Our fondue pot did not heat, taking forever for our food to cook.
- Better alternativesMSDDDSDined on 1/6/2014Went there because both Melting Pots were closed. Regret the decision. Similar to other reviews, the meats were not great cuts. Our "waiter in training" out performed our real waitress. He hustled and did very well. Our regular waitress was quiet and largely non-existent. Timing of food was horrible, waitress/waiter hardly came around after the meats were delivered. Other issues just added to an overall poor experience. My opinion is that The Melting Pot is a much better experience. Been there a dozen times and never had an issue.Special Features:
- We always go here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014We always go here for my birthday dinner. It is still my favorite place for fondue and I look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will need 2+ hoursDavidDined on 12/28/2013Been there a time or two. Good for fondue and a change in pace as a dining experience, but give it the time that it needs, which is 2+ hrs. Not to be rushed. The evening's server seemed to be "on something", and did not compliment the meal!!
- Always love going hereJessicaDined on 12/27/2013It's one of our favorite places to have a special event at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great funYourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 12/26/2013Fondu doesn't have to be about cheese.......amazing Asian broth for my steak and shrimp. Our son loved it. A definite hidden gem. Perfect for date night or even groups. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for Christmas dinner!denverdownsDined on 12/25/2013The Melting Pot has better ambience, and owns all the mind share in the fondue market space, but the food is just as good, the services is just as good, the wine list far more extensive, and it's a bit cheaper. Not a huge amount of places open for Christmas dinner in the first place, and this was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceLike2trynewDined on 12/25/2013We were a party of four who arrived a little before our reservation time. We were greeted by friendly, pleasant staff and were seated immediately. The fondue concept was a bit strange at first, a little confusing when all skewers were in the pot at the same time, but we became comfortable with it quickly. A good variety of food combinations to choose from and the chocolate fondue desserts were great. You can't complain about how your food was prepared because the prep is left entirely up to you. From the time we arrived till the time we left was almost three hours in duration, but we were never rushed by anyone and we had plenty of time for conversation and to enjoy our dinner. Would recommend you try at least once and then you can decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerSquidDined on 12/25/2013Had a wonderful time at the restaurant for dinner on Christmas day. While many places where closed this one was open and the staff, especially our waitress Alicia was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningETDenverDined on 12/24/2013This was a great place to go for a special occasion - something different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that good....OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/22/2013We were a few minutes late for our reservation and then it took them 10 extra minutes to seat us. The food is marginal and the service was fine. Nothing is exceptional about this reataurant. When the chocolate fondue arrived, the dipping items seemed old and worn. Next time someone wants fondue, we will be going to Littleton.
- Good but expensiveDenverfamilyDined on 12/21/2013Great service, fun experience, too pricey. Dinner for two adults and two children was $175Special Features:
- Tasty food, good serviceC2computerVIPDined on 12/21/2013Food is great, taste is good, price is reasonable but not low by any means. Infused cooking broth costs more which seems to be a bit much, already 37 per person so why charge for some more garlic and mushrooms in the broth? Overall though it s good, you just need to remember you are eating slower and not everything is cooked all at once so a different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter and I have madeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013My daughter and I have made it a tradition to go to La Fondu and a Holiday show each year. La Fondu is incredibly relaxing and it is fun to create your own dishes. The wait staff is always friendly and efficient. Will continue this for years to come!Special Features:
- serviceLovelyLaney29Dined on 12/9/2013Overall the service was ok, but I think our waitress w as a little confused with our desert. We did the smores with the grand mariner and we were unable to eat it due to too much alcohol. She dumped some in realized she didn't have a lighter and walked off and brought more grans mariner and lit this one on fire. All the chocolate tasted like alcohol.Special Features:
- La Fondue = yummy!StaciaxoDined on 12/6/2013La Fondue is one of our favorite restaurants to visit when we are downtown. The atmosphere is sophisticated and comfortable. Employees are very attentive from the hostess to the server to the occasional table visit from a manager. The wine menu is extensive and reasonably priced. The food is wonderful. We especially like the 3 cheese fondue and the yin/yang chocolate fondue with white chocolate and dark chocolate. Its exquisite! We have never had a bad experience at La Fondue and we look forward to many more dinning experiences there.Special Features:
- Fun, Relaxing, and Enjoyabletdunc09Dined on 12/1/2013Service and food at La Fondue are top notch. Friendly greeting from hostess and server. Service was spot on, knowledgeable, and kept the mood light and professional at the same time. A manager even came by to see how dinner was, which was nice. All the food was very flavorful, and tons of it too! Definitely order the four courses! I will certainly return in the future! Thanks La Fondue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningMarkDined on 12/1/2013A great place for an evening with that special someone or a group of good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJoannaDined on 11/30/2013Love going to La Fondue. I am a customer for life. Fun dinner, good quality food, and a great wait staff. If you don't believe me when I say it is my favorite restaurant in Denver go check it out for yourself.Special Features:
- A Mixed BagTheolddogDined on 11/30/2013A new server + a lack of communication between the back and front of the house made this evening an uneven experience. It was clear that our server had not been adequately trained, which is, of course, not his fault. Not having salt and pepper shakers on the table was a minor issue; taking 10 minutes to rustle them up was inexcusable. Food was excellent and was a good value for the price. The delays in bringing items to the table indicated a lack of communication between back and front. Used plates were not removed in a timely manner, and the table became overcrowded. Why we were seated in the FAR rear of an empty restaurant was also a puzzlement. Still kin all, after seeing the Nutcracker, the experience was enjoyable.Special Features:
- wow! that was special!MileHighGirlDined on 11/29/2013I loved the pace of this meal,and I loved cooking the meat myself at the table! It was so much fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRoderickVIPDined on 11/25/2013Best food, Best Champagne, Best everything. So RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive/PushyPowleyDined on 11/23/2013Tricky menu led me to believe my meal would only be $35, added on $8 for the broth, cheese, and desert even though it says on the menu it would be included. Ended up spending $96 on a dinner for two. Service was pushy and condescending, waited at least 20 minutes after finishing food to pay for check, another 10 for the return of my card. First time eating at a fondue restaurant, told waitress, and no instruction on how to cook food was given. Loud, couldn't have conversation. Wouldn't recommend to anyone looking to have a more romantic or pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Food dipping funLisavCoDined on 11/23/2013First time for our party of 3 I highly recommend for a special occasion or If you are on a first date as it gives those awkward moments something To talk about... Great service, a bit pricey but a fun entertaining evening And the food flavores are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experienceChicagoanVIPDined on 11/22/2013This place never disappoints. The choices make it hard to decide and they're all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.