1040 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafonduedenver.com/
- Phone: 3035340404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fondue
La Fondue in downtown Denver is known for its unsurpassed quality of food service and dining atmosphere. A great place to celebrate all the occasions of life or just life itself. We offer modern French cuisine as well as a wonderful fondue menu, fondue is a fun place to cook your own food at your own table, have classic cheeses made in front of you and to finish it all off with chocolate fondue with all the goodies to dip into. If you want to celebrate, have a romantic evening or just being with family and friends this is the place that will entertain you and your taste buds!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fondue - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
La Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (50)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (20)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Service was terrible. ThereKcrainrnDined on 7/21/2008Service was terrible. There were not enough wait staff. Overpriced for the amount/quality of food. Would not recommend.
- We eat here a lot. While theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2008We eat here a lot. While the food is always good the portions are inconsistent. We've noticed the cheese course has gotten smaller and smaller to where there is no longer enough cheese for the all the bread and veggies they serve with it. We definitely enjoy the ambiance but there could be better communication between the two waiters who serve each table.
- This is not a place for thoseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2008This is not a place for those who have no patience. You cook your own food so keep a watch available. You get alot of food for your choice.Special Features:
- The food was good and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2008The food was good and very fresh. The service was good. However, the portions have shrunk from the last time I was there. They dumped my fondue forks on the table from the little appetizer plate when they wanted to get the plate. They should have left it to hold the forks. The bathroom floor was very sticky all over and it had an outhouse smell. I was a little disappointed from the times that I was there before. I found out, since then, that they are under new management. Not in an extreme rush to go back. I am worried that this new management will also affect Gallaghers. I will be wary to try again.Special Features:
- first time there and not inpressed-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008first time there and not inpressed- will stick with Melting Pot for this kind of restraunt. Very disappointed with food , service etc.
- Servers were wonderful & tookOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2008Servers were wonderful & took time to explain the (sometimes complicated) fondue process.Special Features:
- This was a great first dateOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2008This was a great first date spot. However, if you have a big appetite, you will leave hungry.Special Features:
- The food and service at LaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/14/2008The food and service at La Fondue is always great.Special Features:
- Very good service. The bestYummyDined on 6/12/2008Very good service. The best service I have had at La Fondue. The food was great as always. Thank you!Special Features:
- Really bright...fondue restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2008Really bright...fondue restaurants allow for a lot of conversation and it would be more romantic if it were not so open. Could have used less bright light and more privacy between tables to be a better date restaurant.Special Features:
- I have been to La Fondue manyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2008I have been to La Fondue many times and I have enjoyed every single time I've come. The whole meal only took 2 hours because the servers were on top of their game the whole night. Thank you for a wonderful experience! Hope to be back soon!Special Features:
- This was our 26th weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2008This was our 26th wedding anniversity and the people from the waiters to bus people were fantastic. Would I go again, in a heart beat. Thanks La Fondue for making my anniversity one of the most memorable. Billy G.Special Features:
- The service was very mixed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/2/2008The service was very mixed. We never received the second round of non-alcoholic drinks we asked for. Were left without any follow up once our courses were delivered, had to ask for our check after all of our plates and fondue pot were cleared from the table. Servers were friendly but seemed overworked. The Melting Pot has much better service and the experience overall is better.
- It seemed expensive for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/1/2008It seemed expensive for what we got. Three of us shared fondue (salad, cheese and main course was about $28 per person). For the main course, they brought a very small salad plate of veggies for all three of us to share (we thought each of us would get a salad plate of veggies). It literally had one red potato diced for all three of us (along with 3 carrot sticks, 3 zucchini sticks, and 3 mushrooms). The veggies were very skimpy. The food was good, but was it worth $50 (including wine, dessert)? I don't know.Special Features:
- Food was very good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2008Food was very good, but the atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. Reminds me more of a Sizzler inside than a nice fondue restaurant.Special Features:
- We were seated right on time,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008We were seated right on time, which I appreciated very much, and the valet option was quite handy. I enjoyed very much watching our server mix up the Fondue cheese right there at our table, and was very impressed with the food as well as the wine list. We feel that La Fondue was an excellent choice to celebrate our anniversary, and will surely return.Special Features:
- My wife and I had the four-courseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008My wife and I had the four-course couple special. The cheese fondu was good, we enjoyed it albeit a tad too peppery. Salad was fine, but the main course was gross! Poor cuts of beef, the choice of chicken was questionable and the dipping sauces were disgusting. Even the teriyaki was sub-standard. The chocolate course was good. We both immediately vacated this meal from our bodies when we returned home. And not through our own choosing. I'd consider going back for a cheese and chocolate meal, but would never consider eating the main course again. Actually, I probably wouldn't go back: poor ambiance, lackluster service, unfashionable tabletops, linens, etc. Yeah, I wouldn't go back.
- We had a horrible time. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008We had a horrible time. We were charged an extra 6 dollars for the cooking style without being told. It was nowhere listed on the menu nor mentioned by our waiter. Our waiter was sarcastic and we will not go back. Melting pot is a million times better. La Fondue was overpriced for what we got and we will be sure to pass that on to others.
- Great for a pre-show meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/15/2008Great for a pre-show meal. (Cheese, Salad, and Chocolate)Special Features:
- The food was awesome, andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008The food was awesome, and the overall experience was very fun. I will definately return. The only thing that weighed it down was the absence of our server. there was a long time after we received our entree where we were waitng there with empty drinks, and waiting to give them our desert order. He was apologetic and took our alchohol off of the bill. Other than that, everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- 2nd visit here for my birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/20082nd visit here for my birthday. A little dissapointed this year. Service not great. They ran out of cherry vodka or something so we couldnt get the exact drinks we wanted. It took over 15 minutes to be waited on once we were seated. Because we had 2 couples at table we felt short changed on the dips and portions and did not get our monies worth. Tables should have 2 burners so that multiple couples do not have to conform on one option. Not sure if we will go back here next year. May switch over to the Melting pot.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding!birthdaytreatVIPDined on 5/9/2008The service was outstanding! The burner at our table was extremely slow in heating the oil sufficiently, yet the wait staff was very attentive to make sure that it got hot enough and checked back with us frequently. Although we arrived two hours before our 7:30 concert, the heating problem made for a longer dining experience than we expected. As a result, we had no time for dessert, but the wait staff politely suggested that we return after the concert to get our dessert--and we were really impressed! The swiss cheese fondue was excellent as were the meats used for the entree. The only suggestions we'd make would be to serve bread with the entree fondue, and make the dipping sauces more interesting and flavorful.Special Features:
- We waited quite a while beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2008We waited quite a while before anyone even acknowledged us and took a drink order. Then waited forever for those drinks and they were not even crowded with other customers, so we don't know what the problem was. Saw our waiter, Travis, once and then he disappeared for the entire meal and returned when we were ready to leave. Valentine served us with our bread to start,salads were tasty and then the 3 cheese fondue with Bread cubes, veggies and apples,were good but then the entree came...it was downhill from there. We were very quickly told how to cook our meat in this boiling broth in the fondue pot. Would have liked more cheese fondue to dip the meat in, instead they just had sauces in ramekins to dip. Boo!Hoo! Will not go again.Special Features:
- An excellent choice for ourDenvertravelqueenVIPDined on 4/26/2008An excellent choice for our son's prom dinner. Loved it!Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008The food was excellent and the atmosphere was great! it was a great choice for our first date!Special Features:
- La Fondue was great. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008La Fondue was great. The food was really good and the service was great too. Though we had too many servers constantly checking on us which was a little distracting. There wasn't a great selection for food but we found some good cheeses and desserts that were nice.Special Features:
- Overall everything was good.TheYummyDined on 4/19/2008Overall everything was good.The food was fine however the service varied between great and poor. The first gentleman who waited on us was great. Very friendly very fun. I feel badly I do not remember his name because If I go back to La Fondue I would like to be in his section. He was the gentleman who took our order. The hostess was very friendly and upbeat. Everyone else at La Fondue looks like they are serving a prison term. None of the rest of the staff smiles or speaks with their customers. It appears they cannot stand waiting on their customers. The Melting Pot always has excellent service, the ambiance is better at the Melting Pot and they just lowered their prices Sunday through Thursday. La Fondue needs people who understand serviceSpecial Features:
- We probably won't return toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2008We probably won't return to La Fondue. The front desk people were disorganized and confused. We ordered an expensive bottle of wine and in most good restaurants the sommelier or server will stop by with the wine, tell a little about it and make sure its suitable for the dinner. The blue shirted moronic guy who opened our wine for us did so while carrying on conversations with another loud table behind us, poured our glasses and left quickly. Service was spotty and the only good server was the young man who seemed to be new there. The food is so so-and its not pleasant to see raw chicken next to the other meats served for the fondue. We eat out at least 4-5 times a week for dinner and this was terrible.
- We had a great time and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008We had a great time and the food was delicious. Service was great. We were seated promptly and were waited on in a timely manner. It was my daughter's birthday and the wait staff came and sang. It was great fun. We will go back again.Special Features:
- It was ok. The cheese andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2008It was ok. The cheese and the dessert were the best parts. We were a group of 4 but were seated at a table with only one burner so we had to all have the same thing. Other four tops had 2 burners. We will probably make the drive to melting pot next time we want fondue. Not bad, but not great.
- The sommelier was terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008The sommelier was terrific with wine recommendations, presented and opened the wine. The wine list is nice. However the waiter never once refilled our wine glasses and was not so good with the water either or other beverages. The glasses were empty for some time. It seemed like we had to cook our food and service our own beverages. However, the wait staff did explain the menu. So, we did not tip on the $100 we spend on wine because the waiter did not service the wine.Special Features:
- This is always a great placeRevTomVIPDined on 4/5/2008This is always a great place for a pleasant evening. The servers were exceptionl!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008We had a wonderful time. We were there for 3 hours and no one tried to rush us out which made the evening very nice.Special Features:
- It is fun dining-- The atmosphereMareDined on 4/4/2008It is fun dining-- The atmosphere is comfortable and calm. The service is fantastic. The cooking makes it a fun, different experience. We really had a good time and were soooo full. It is alot by the time you get through it all. I could go just for the 3 cheese dip and the milk chocolate dip at the end! Wonderful, fun and different type dining. I would highly recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- I forgot about the main problemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008I forgot about the main problem of a fondue-style restaurant - it takes a long time to cook your meal! We were trying to squeeze in a dinner before the show and even though we allowed ourselves 90 minutes, we had to rush through the dessert course in order not to be late. We dined with 2 young teenage girls who had a lot of fun trying all the stuff, but next time, for my money, I think I'd rather have someone else do the cooking. Our servers were very low-key, but attentive to our needs which is something I like. I probably will not eat here again however because it was somewhat overpriced for what you get.Special Features:
- My friends and I were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008My friends and I were very excited to go to this resturaunt prior to our evening at the theater. We had to wait 15 minutes because our table was not ready (even though I made reservations a month in advance). The resturaunt was not busy because we got there about a half an hour after they opened. Once seated we met our waiter Anthony. We told him we were going to see My Fair Lady and our tickets were for the 8 pm show. We then ordered our meal and were promptly forgotten. We never got our dessert because it was never brought out to us. Once we finnaly got our check and paid, our server made his apologies and said that when we came back dessert would be on him. We litterally ran out of the resturaunt and barely made the show in time
- We enjoyed dining at La Fondue,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2008We enjoyed dining at La Fondue, although I thought it was expensive for the portion sizes. Also, I recommend that they serve bread with the salad and main course and keep the veggies and remaining bread on the table through the main course. It would be great to have whipped cream and sprinkles served with the dessert fondue. It would really be yummy!Special Features:
- Food was ok. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2008Food was ok. Service was good, but it was so noisy in there that the nice night out we had planned was more annoying than anything. It took a long time for us to be seated even though we had reservations. The main course was pretty bland. The cheese and the chocolate fondues were really good though!Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/21/2007Absolutely amazing restaurant. Bit pricey, but totally worth it. Perfect romantic place in the heart of downtown Denver, just a short walk from the performing arts complex. Very upscale and formal seating arrangements with low lit intimate booths. Food and Service are amazing.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful place.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2007This is a wonderful place. I love the mushroom salad and pound cake dessert. It may take you a while to be seated but the food makes up for it!Special Features: