1040 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafonduedenver.com/
- Phone: 3035340404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fondue
La Fondue in downtown Denver is known for its unsurpassed quality of food service and dining atmosphere. A great place to celebrate all the occasions of life or just life itself. We offer modern French cuisine as well as a wonderful fondue menu, fondue is a fun place to cook your own food at your own table, have classic cheeses made in front of you and to finish it all off with chocolate fondue with all the goodies to dip into. If you want to celebrate, have a romantic evening or just being with family and friends this is the place that will entertain you and your taste buds!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fondue - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
La Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (50)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (20)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- favoritefoodsDined on 5/12/2014The restaurant was practically empty. But the service was slow and confused. Difficult to order, difficult to get water refilled, although they were quick with the wine. I kept feeling that they forgot about us. There would have been a fire if I had not turned off the fondue pot. Food was OK, not exceptional. CourtneySpecial Features:
- Fun experiencelovetoeatDined on 5/12/2014My husband and I went for his birthday with a TravelZoo voucher and had a good experience. I think they really want this to be an upper-scale restaurant but it doesn't quite hit the mark. The seat upholstery is ratty and torn. The service shows good effort but isn't ideal (slow at times, mistakes on bill, never anticipating what we need without us directly asking for it). Overall though we enjoyed ourselves and, with the voucher, thought it was a good deal.Special Features:
- Always FunPeteEatsDenverDined on 5/11/2014We go to La Fondue every few months for special occasions or just dessert. The food is always good. The salad, cheese fondue, and chocolate dessert is plenty of food even without the main course! Look for a Travelzoo voucher (like Groupon) and the deal makes this a no-brainer! They even have $8 valet parking.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day Celebration!Epicurian1Dined on 5/11/2014Brought my Mom for dinner on Mother's Day and had a fantastic time! Great experience from the time we were greeted at the door to leaving 2 hours later! Table side service was attentive and personable. Excellent employee! Food was amazing from cheese to chocolate!! Make sure you go early so you can linger and savor every moment of each course. Such a treat! Can't wait to return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FondueDiscoDined on 5/10/2014Took my parents, sister and 6 year old niece here for Mom's birthday. We have often gone to another fondue place for special occasions and thought we'd give La Fondue a try. The food was really good and less expensive than the other place. The service was also good, but not amazing. My one reservation was that the restaurant doesn't seem well taken care of. Many of the chairs have holes in the upholstery and the carpet looks pretty bad.Special Features:
- Over-priced for atmosphereLauraKDined on 5/10/2014It's very loud in the restaurant...we went for Mother's Day and my daughter sat next to me (instead of across) so we could hear each other talking. Service was s l o w (which was disappointing since we had a 5:00 reservation) and they were steady, but not crazy-busy. Wrong salads delivered to the wrong table, then taken back and re-delivered.Special Features:
- Very nice and expanded menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Quality of good was wonderful with a great selection that satisfied everyone in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014Restaurant needs a sprucing up...location is a gem...menu too americanized...ketchup a dipping sauce, REALLY? Cheese fondue average but it has been for a long time...as is the dark chocolate...again marshmallows and rice crispies, REALLY...very expensive for quality...over $120for twp with house wine...could lesson quantity, up the quality and be more true to the art of Consuelo.Special Features:
- Worst service ever. Also dirty!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Supposed to be a nice dinner for my wife on her bday, + our 3 kids. 1st, we stood up front for 12 minutes before someone bothered to notice us. We were the only ones there. Once seated (chairs littered with crumbs & trash), our waitress couldn't answer questions about the menu because she was clueless. Cheese course was good, but once we received the main entrée, the waitress never checked on us. After 20 minutes of wondering why our food wouldn't cook, we flagged down a waiter, who noticed the waitress turned off our burner & never bothered to check on us. We never received water/wine refills. What a terrible experience. Wish I could get my $ back. Can't believe we spent $200 on a meal that wouldn't cook, where we didn't get any service.Special Features:
- Good but over-pricedOverpricedDined on 4/19/2014We took our daughter there for her 13th birthday. She had never been to a fondue restaurant. It was fun, and a special evening. Great service. The only downside was how expensive it was.Special Features:
- La FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014One of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. To begin, 3 of the 4 chairs at our table had rips in them--the place looks like a dump. Was dining with two 5-year olds. The bread basket had about 4 hunks of white bread in it and the rest was hard as a rock, cranberry-nut bread. When I asked for some additional white bread for the children I was told we could not have any. I had to ask another staff member for assistance. We cut our dinner short.
- It was different! I am notDimaro14Dined on 4/12/2014It was different! I am not a big fun of cooking your own food at a restaurant, but once in a while it can be fun. If I was to go back, I will only do an appetizer (It was awesome) and some wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gret expeerience...SuzanneVIPDined on 4/1/2014We love fondue and went just for that....it was a great experience and we liked the basil cheese fondue with pistachios as a change to traditional cheese fondue we are accustomed to. The wild game fondue entree was exquisite as were the upgraded dipping sauces....would return as there are so few places that do fondue right and with the hot oil cooking method as well. Our server was very pleasant and courteous. We were surprised to see it was so slow the nifght we went but maybe just an oddity....keep up the good work!!Special Features:
- Fun for BirthdayBrittDined on 3/26/2014We had a great time here for my friend's birthday. They were polite and very helpful. The food was amazing. I'll go back for sure.Special Features:
- Food was ok. Service was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Food was ok. Service was good until we felt as we though we were being rushed out. Restaurant is in need of a face lift.Special Features:
- Best FonduepaletableDined on 3/22/2014This by far is the best fondue available in the Denver area - I refuse to go to the Melting Pot, which is not good at all.Special Features:
- girls night outHussonDined on 3/21/2014We had a girls night out and it as great! Enjoyed the 5280 menu, which they extended thru March. We had a vegetarian in our group send they accommodated us by moving us to a table w 2 burners. 1 gal never had fondue before and was s little nervous... it's now one of her faves! Thanks La Fondue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hole-in-the-wall (literally!)IdalDined on 3/21/2014The burner was not working and we have to wait for the fondue to take forever to cook our meal. Most of the veggies and gnnochi items on the fondu were frozen and when cooked dissolved (even when timing it with a cell phone to make sure that it followed the allotted time. The fondu pot was extremely small for a party of four. The chairs were stained, dirty, and the fabric and foam teared up ( the fabric on the back of the seat had holes in it and the foam was teared up!)
- went out for a ladies night,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014went out for a ladies night, we were excited, but the waitress was the most horrible one we had ever had, when you try to strike up a conversation with your waiter because they are cold to you they should respond nicely we asked how do you like working here with an attitude she respond its just a job i guess its helping pay for school she only checked on us a total of 3 times when our reservation was at 5:30 and we stayed till 11:30 the poor water guy had to keep taking our request, when she had to do something she would slam it down on the table we are very very upset with how we were treated, and seeing the two other waiters in the room so active fun and nice to there tables at one point we even asked one to take our table!Special Features:
- seating is badsusanDined on 3/14/2014We were put at a table that the space was extremly tight fitting. There was a table right next to us - there is a "wall" but it was like we were sitting with the other party. A divider that is a blocking the conversation from the other party would be great so your table for two doesn't seem like a table for four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta love fonduefroggie1013VIPDined on 3/13/2014A group of six of us visited La Fondue for a random night out. The food was good, but we felt that they went a little light on the amount of cheese and chocolate served. Service was pretty good, but we definitely needed water refills more often. Nice place to go though when you're craving fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationsRedbargeDined on 3/7/2014We dined here for "restaurant week" as we wanted to compare it to the melting pot. Ambiance was a little lacking. Cheese was really tasty! There were 4 of us and the table only has one pot. When making cheese (paid for per person) it should be for the quantity of 4 people. Our was hardly 1/2 full. Next course was salads, they were ok. Entrees, wasn't impressed. Menu said "peppered filet", I didn't taste nor see any pepper. It was just raw, unflavored, meat that you boil. yuck. chocolate was delicious of course! I never complain about price, but its the value that really gets me. Their RW menu is only a few $ less than their regular menu. A bit misleading. After a $200 plus dinner, I wasn't saying "wow, that's worth it!"Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I went there for a special occasion. I feel like for the price ot should have been more elegant. The service was great but i was dissapointed i couldnt get more dipping items like strawberries without being charged. For the proce that shouldnt be an extra charge
- A great timeLymanDined on 2/28/2014Restaurant week menu is fantastic. Starting with the cheese fondue is a good first course. The meat platter is a good selection of quality beef, chicken, and shrimp. The dessert chocolate fondue is wonderful and very filling, so save room. Just a really fun time, and enjoyed it more than even the other restaurants with fancier dishes and menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good FoodStacyDined on 2/28/2014The staff here is very attentive and patient with those who have never had fondue before. Even though it was 5280 week and I know they were booked, we never felt rushed or like an inconvenience. The restaurant could use a little updating, but the food was great!Special Features:
- CleaninessMarlissDined on 2/28/2014The table we sat down at had glass all over the ledge, chair and corner of the table. It was near the window. You should check for cleaniness around and under tables before quest arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceliloneDined on 2/27/2014I love fondue so we had to try this place for restaurant week. The menu was great and the staff was very friendly. The food was good and was a fun time. Will be coming back soon.Special Features:
- ReviewCherrylushDined on 2/27/2014The food was great, the service was okay. I think my server and all other servers were very busy due to 5280. The back of the area of the restaurant was uncomfortably warm. Everyone around us were complaining about the heat. Other then that, everything was okay.Special Features:
- For the price, quality andbatgirl270VIPDined on 2/26/2014For the price, quality and ambience Melting Pot is WAY better!! Don't waste your $$ @ La Fondue
- Location and service=best aspectskarmagDined on 2/26/2014Our server was very good, despite having the multiple duties involved here, which included setting up the fondue pot and mixing the cheese into the wine/water base for our first course. We were disappointed in the entrees (one meat variety platter and one veggies only platter) and the chocolate fondue dessert but would definitely come here again because of the location, which is right down the street from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
- Needs sprucing upOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2014Overall, a good experience. After refusing to be seated in a booth with a badly torn seat (the restaurant was less than half full - why would they want to make such a bad first impression?) it was a pleasant evening. The food was good and more than plentiful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that great this 5280OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2014My husband and I came here last 5280 and we loved it. I liked it a lot better than the melting pot. This year however, the food was not as good. I'm not sure if it's because of the limited choices they had on their menu or what but I didn't like it. The ranch tasted like blue cheese, the shrimp didn't smell fresh at all. Not sure if we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmbarassingLindsayLouDined on 2/25/2014Slow. Fumbling. Out of most of the wines we requested. No response from management when I asked for any assistance in my meal. Was overcharged $60 during restaurant week.
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014This was a great place to eat for 5280 week. We had an enjoyable time, ate plenty of food and overall had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum under the snowMangiamangiaDined on 2/25/2014This was a great restaurant during Denver restaurant week. We really enjoyed the food and the ambience. Service was good. We were seated later than our reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageBJJMDined on 2/25/2014Although the fondue environment is generally a fun one, I was only moderately satisfied with this experience. The service was mediocre and the food was mediocre at best. Not really much flavor at all.
- Save room for Dessert!abphgrlDined on 2/25/2014Oh my goodness! What a find for Denver Restaurant Week!! The food is DELICIOUS! The service is wonderful!! Even my penny-pincher boyfriend would dine here again! Definitely save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 dinnerFood2di4Dined on 2/24/2014We were seated at a booth, with a tear in the seat, that was big enough for a wallet to disappear into. We debated asking for another table, but our waiter was prompt, friendly, efficient and attentive. He made our evening! The food was delicious and the chocolate fondue dessert was to die for. The restaurant is upscale, so having a seat with a very large hole in it, is unacceptable. I could tell it had been there awhile, because the padding was well matted and worn looking. Other than that, the evening was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic Fonduestrive4impactDined on 2/24/2014La Fondue is everything you would hope for from a Fondue Restaurant. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Fondue was a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014I LOVE Fondue. Their fondue was awesome. I highly recommend the cheese & dessert courses. The meat course was good just not overly flavorful like the other courses. The food was abundant though. The server was nice. We went during restaurant week, so our server was overwhelmed. I don't think this place is usually as packed as it was this night. I really liked that Hogue was their wine partner for the week. They make great wine. Also, our table had a ghetto hot plate on top of the one on the table. I assume that one was broken. Because I am short, it made fondue awkward. I think we would have a better experience at any other table with a built in hot plate. Considering that, we will go again because the cheese & desserts were so delish!Special Features: