B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: 2123151100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (40)great for brunch (36)romantic (33)great for lunch (31)good for groups (31)hot spot (14)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- EXCELLENT MENU....WILL YOUOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2008EXCELLENT MENU....WILL YOU EXPAND THE NUMBER OF VEGAN DISHES? I LOVE THE VEGAN RIBS. WHAT ABOUT A LENTIL LOAF OR VEGAN MEAT LOAF?Special Features:
- The fried chicken and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008The fried chicken and the ribs were great. The salmon was very small and oily. We really wanted fried green tomatoes and they had none. No espresso because the machine was down. We were quite upset about paying $10 for a fancy bottled water. The waiter asked if we wanted sparkling or flat water. We said "plain or flat". We didn't realize we would be charged for plain water. And upon leaving we saw water glasses being refilled by pitchers of plain water downstairs on the main level. We will not return.Special Features:
- The kale was undercooked.MaryLDined on 4/2/2008The kale was undercooked. The corn pudding was not very good, did not finish it. The salad was wonderful as was the bread pudding. The beverages were over priced at $4.25 per glass of Sprite without refill. The Pre-Theater 3-course meal was very reasonably priced at $19.95. We were given the opportunity for a leisurely lunch and were admitted earlier than the 11:30 reservation time. We appreciated the opportunity to come in out of the cold wind. Staff was very accommodating - entire platter was replaced when hair was found when the plate was placed on the table.Special Features:
- my dinner partner was recommenedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/1/2008my dinner partner was recommened a cocktail by our waitress natatlie, my partner didnt like the taste and asked for another drink. she told us sure she would get him another drink but he would have to pay for the drink he didnt like. Is this normal policy or should we had ask for a supervisor. Anyway, several times we had to get her attention just for the small stuff, like water, bread or just to start our order. Maybe our experience would had been a little better if we had someone who was will to be a little attentive of our needs. Overall the food was good, and I would come back again with my daughterSpecial Features:
- The wait staff this timeDiva1Dined on 4/1/2008The wait staff this time was good. Previous visits have found wait staff to be less than desirable. The manager's customer relations skills could be improved.Special Features:
- The service was extraordinarilyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2008The service was extraordinarily poor. Our waiter did not even notice that we were at our table for 15 minutes. Our daughter's order did not come with ours. We had to ask two busboys to find our waiter. When he investigated he discovered he had accidentally canceled her order so her food did not come until after we had finished ours. The potatoes were cold, the fritata bland. We had to ask for bread twice. We were given apologies from the waiter but not from the manager and were offered no compensation for the totally unacceptable service-- no discount or courtesy drink. We will not be back
- We ordered several appetizers,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2008We ordered several appetizers, pre-theater. The food was disappointing -- the green tomatoes were bland and flavorless (same for the fried oysters)and the crab cakes were over-salted. A beet salad has a small sprinkling of beets over greens for $13 -- overpriced. When I mentioned to the waitress that I thought there would be more beets in the salad, she offered to bring me more as a side but she never did. We usually go to Angus McIndoe for pre-theater, but we decided to shake it up and try B. Smith's again. We'll go back to Angus from now on.Special Features:
- Our waiter opened our bottleDBA1VIPDined on 3/27/2008Our waiter opened our bottle of wine when he brought it to the table. He poured a taste for me to test the bottle and it was fine. He FAILED to fill the glasses after that. He just set the bottle down and walked away from the table. The next time he touched it was to remove the empty bottle. The two women next to me waiter more than 40 minutes for their entrees though they were dealing with the time constraint of the theater. One woman never received he entree and the other didn't have time to eat hers. She was charged for it anyway. The service is just plain BAD.Special Features:
- B Smith is a winner. It’sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2008B Smith is a winner. It’s southern comfort food with some soul thrown in. The atmosphere is well done and the crowd is never overwhelming but moderate. The food is good and the atmosphere is fun. It’s a casual gem. If you're looking for interesting southern cooking you should definitely go to B Smtih.Special Features:
- Gave this place a second chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2008Gave this place a second chance for a pre-theatre lunch. The service was mediocre and the wait for our entree was interminable, with the waiter coming over a few times to apologize. The hamburger my friend had was fair and my steak sandwich had so little steak it was laughable. I don't think we will eat here again.
- The food was terrible. I didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008The food was terrible. I didn't even eat it. If I hadn't been with a friend of mine, I would have sent it all back. I just let the server take it, and didn't eat/nor did I enjoy any of it. The server sucked too!!!!
- I was extremely disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008I was extremely disappointed. I ordered the Chilan Sea Bass and the fish was not fresh. I was able to order a substitute but I feel a restuarant of this statue should ensure that all the foods are fresh. I saw B Smith but unfortunately I failed to mention this to her.Special Features:
- This is a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008This is a good restaurant to go to. Just need a little more variety on foods. I loved the crab cakes it should be something on the menu other than a appetizer. I would go again. We had an awesome waiter and the staff was very pleasant and cheerful. The fried chicken fried at a golden crisp. It was good but would have liked a little more seasoning. But overall this was a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- I will dine again there veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008I will dine again there very soon and would recommend B. Smith's to anyone visiting NYC.Special Features:
- Service was not very attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008Service was not very attentive, and food preparations were slow even though the restaurant was mostly empty. For example, a lot of time passed before we received any appetizers, and our drinking glasses emptied a few times. Two of our food entrees were very good, and two of them were not worth the price paid. We would hesitate to go back anytime soon.
- Enjoyed the New York B. SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008Enjoyed the New York B. Smith far more than the D.C. B. Smith. Great server and better menu.
- This restaurant is fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2008This restaurant is fantastic. The food is absolutely wonderful. Don't miss the bread pudding dessert! Lovely restaurant, perfect service, delicious food, delightful management and a fantastic location in the theatre district. We will be back.Special Features:
- Been there many times. LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2008Been there many times. Love the ambiance. Service is excellent, as is the food. Look forward to my next return. Wonderful for pre-theater. Celebrated my daughter's birthday @ Bea Smith's. Recently had lunch wih my grandson prior to theater.....Special Features:
- We enjoyed an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2008We enjoyed an outstanding pre-theatre dinner to begin a wonderful evening in New York City. I previously had lunch at the restaurant but this was my first dinner reservation. The location was very convenient to our theatre. On both occasions the entrees were superb. The highlight of our visit was to be greeted by B. Smith at our table before leaving the restaurant. We enjoyed the excellent food and ambiance and are planning our next visit. J. MaysSpecial Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008The food was outstanding. We had the macaroni and cheese and the butternut squash ravioli, two of the best tasting things I have ever put in my mouth! Staff was very welcoming, accommodating, and helpful. The restaurant deserves a better review from Frommers.Special Features:
- the worst re rate this theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008the worst re rate this the food was cold and greasy
- This is a terrific place overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008This is a terrific place overall. We went for there for a pre-theater dinner and were astonished by the fast and courteous service. The ambiance was wonderful and the food prices were reasonable. B’ Smith’s is a definite gem and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Needs to be updated. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2008Needs to be updated. Service was good. The food was not as good as I remembered it for the past.
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008Our dining experience was amazing The food was fabulous and the service was even better. I will be going back there again very soon.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, consideringOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2008Unfortunately, considering that it was a surprise birthday dinner for me that was planned by my wife, our initial servings were cold and had to be reheated. But fortunately, the chef was cordial enough to come out and give us a formal apology and even gave us free desert after the dinner. Nonetheless, especially for the price that we paid we could have had warmer food as well as larger portions. Since we have been to other B. Smith's restaurants where the food and service were excellent, we know that she can improve on this mistake.Special Features:
- I will definitely recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008I will definitely recommend this restaurant to others. It was centrally located with good food and good service.Special Features:
- We ate early so it was ratherzippyDined on 3/14/2008We ate early so it was rather empty. Although we have eaten there before, this time the food was a disappointmentSpecial Features:
- I was very unhappy with thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/13/2008I was very unhappy with this restaurant. there was nobody at the desk in the front and we stood for quite some time. food came out wrong 4 times, they were not apologetic it was a 290. check and they had the audacity to they report to you that we were a no show. i will never return to this restaurant.
- The food was great, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2008The food was great, and the service was really good. The waiter and host were very friendly, and the food arrived in a timely manner since we had a show to see. I will return to B. Smith's.Special Features:
- Far exceeded our expectations.fernrxDined on 2/28/2008Far exceeded our expectations. Once tried to get into the DC venue but it was booked long in advance. The NYC one, near the theatre district, is just great. True Southern cooking but really gourmet. What a treat. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- They forgot to deliver myCulinaryVIPDined on 8/8/2007They forgot to deliver my side of mac n cheese. The food we got was delicious. The tables are quite close. In fact, a solo diner next to my friend and I, who was listening to our conversation was just invited to scoot his table over a few inches and join our party.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2007Excellent dining experience with great food! WIll definately return and recommend to my friend.Special Features:
- How can I put this delicately?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/5/2007How can I put this delicately? Well...the food SUCKED!!! The restaurant itself is quite lovely but that couldn't get the bad taste out of my mouth....literally! You know how difficult it is to mess up fried chicken, well they found a way to do it. Never again!!!
- The service was poor and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2007The service was poor and the food was not that good. I asked to see the manager and he was never told. I did send an email and I did get a response, but I will not be going back there.
- Over rated!!! Not a placeCulinaryVIPDined on 2/18/2007Over rated!!! Not a place for value. They forgot part of our order.
- A very intimate place. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2007A very intimate place. The dumplings were great. However, the collards were a little spicy.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/30/2006I was very disappointed with B. Smith's. The foood was nothing special.Special Features:
- wknd trip to NYC... Had theFood4MeDined on 9/23/2006wknd trip to NYC... Had the "Color Purple Play" special. Dinner, drinks were good. Our waiter (believe he had to be new) was a little off that night. Maybe he had too many tables. We meet and took a picture w/ the owner Ms. B. Smith. So warm, gracious, genuine, patient and beautiful. One of my friends said their food was ok. I was satisfied - mine was great. Yes, I will go back if/when i return to NY and time permits.Special Features:
- MY WIFE AND I WENT FOR OUROpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/4/2006MY WIFE AND I WENT FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY AND IT EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS. FRIENDLY STAFF ,EXCELLENT FOOD AND THE WOMAN I LOVE. THE PERFECT MIX!!!!Special Features: