B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: 2123151100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (35)great for brunch (32)romantic (32)great for lunch (30)hot spot (14)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful experience!LoveditDined on 7/26/2014I was visiting New York for my birthday, and I am so glad for the B Smith's experience. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicealidav65Dined on 7/26/2014There were four of us for dinner on Saturday, July 26, 2014. It was wonderful! Three of us had chosen meals off the prix fixe menu and one did not. The portions were very generous for both options. This was my fourth time here and I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What time is it?UnderwhelmedDined on 7/25/2014Time for this restaurant to re-invent itself. The space and menu/food need 'newness'. It all felt old, and tired. 1990's it might have been cool then. The hostess wasn't nice. When we commented on the empty restaurant at 6:00 on a Friday, she quickly snapped at us that they're just opening. The food was boring, aesthetically unpleasing, not great. The waiter was friendly. Again, boring and bland and a unkind greeting at the door. When going to the Theater on a special Friday night, don't go to B Smith's for dinner. Underwhelmed - fail to impress or make a positive impact on (someone); disappoint.
- Great food!avidfoodieDined on 7/25/2014I was here on Friday night for my mom's birthday. It was a perfect pre-show dinner. Great start to a great evening. Our waiter was very pleasant and conversational. My Mac and cheese was delicious, the blackened catfish was good but could have been seasoned better. OMG the bread pudding! All said, we enjoyed ourselves. Thanks B. Smith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MerryDinerDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful Maiter'd who helped get me my dining points for this Great Theater District restaurant. Thank you and I hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Bad Food and BAD SERVICEOrangeFoodieDined on 7/22/2014I took clients to a business Dinner here very Disappointing!!!I was seated right at the door, asked to be moved to a quiet part of the restaurant and she said its too dark on that end, so I cant be moved there, Even tho there were a total 4 guests there NO WARM CORN BREAD for us, they tasted like bad store bought stuff. The waiter was very Unhelpful , no interaction other than asking what we wanted, and did not return, we were not offered a wine list, did not even see it on the actual menu, cos he did not help us at all. the food was very BLAND and MEDIORCE at best. 2 people had Catfish which was a very expensive dish for such a small piece of fish. If you are trying to impress business guests in NYC DO NOT go to B Smiths's.
- B. Smith's has gone downhill!NomnomDined on 7/19/2014Unfortunately, it seems that B. Smith's has gone downhill. The rolls for the sliders were hard as a rock, the waiter brought us another round, and the buns came out grilled the second time and still hard. It was obvious they were trying to make old rolls passable. The cornbread and biscuits were stale as well. The Mac and Cheese was gritty. The onion rings were sponge like. We should have know something was wrong when we dined in a practically empty restaurant on a Saturday night in the summer.
- Good brunch before theatreJudyDined on 7/19/2014We wanted a nice place to eat before theatre. This fit the bill. Lovely restaurant, attentive service and good food. 3 course brunch was a good value.Special Features:
- Wonderful nite outBdaytreatDined on 7/17/2014Took my husband to see Motown the Musical we went to preshow dinner love everything especially the bread pudding he had a wonderful birthday treat!Special Features:
- Good for fast bite before a showFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The place was nice, service was fantastic, and food was good. It's not a 5 star restaurant. It's not a gourmet type of best NYC restaurant type of place, it's more of a casual, let's get a nice bite to eat before the play. So if that's what you're looking for, this place is good for you.
- Southern cooking-a bit differentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Easy access to the theater district. Interesting menu selection. Great fried green tomatoes; biscuits too were good. Mains were tasty but a bit disappointing. Very friendly, helpful wait staff. We were there on a Sunday eve...so not crowded at all and therefore very conversation friendly
- A bit disappointingamenDined on 7/12/2014I hadn't been to B.Smith's in about 15 years, I was disappointed in the menu as I remembered it as having more variety. The fried green tomatoes were a bit on the raw side, the mac & cheese was dry & tasteless, the pecan sweet potato pie was too too sweet & had a mushy crust. The collard greens & blackened cat fish were tasty. The martinis & cosmos were quite small.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceletseatoutVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had a wonderful diner here on Saturday, July 12th. Started with the fried green tomato appetizer...wish I could have had more. Then the shrimp and cheesy grits...absolutely delicious. For dessert we shared the bourbon street bread pudding. The server was very attentive and helpful with our choice. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- one disappointmentmykeDined on 7/11/2014All went well with our out-of-town friends visit. Except, I arrived early to inform the wait staff of birthdays for 3 of the friends and they wanted me to point them out discreetly upon arrival. I did. Nothing happened.Special Features:
- DisappointingBigeaterDined on 7/8/2014We had been here many years ago and were looking forward to going again with family. Sadly, the service was poor, the food was mediocre and the air conditioning made a constant and annoying squeak. The place is lovely and convenient but not sufficiently so to return. I was disappointed because I really wanted to love the experience.
- Nothing SpecialBrooklynBobVIPDined on 7/6/2014The servers are not polite to clients. While we were being seated, a waiter in a hurry pushed past us on his way to the kitchen. They certainly weren't attentive during our meal. The food was average. Shrimp and catfish sliders were very good, but everything else was just OK. With so many great restaurants in NY, you don't need this one.
- Yummy food & great serviceChasbo51Dined on 7/5/2014Lots to choose from. Have a look at the Happy Hour menu, too. Try the Oysters with the wasabi sauce...you won't be disappointed.Will, at the Bar, is a delight. A nice find and a great location for those heading to a show.Special Features:
- DisappointedScottDined on 7/5/2014We went to B. Smith's after a show as an alternative to the steak and Italian restaurants in the area. I had high hopes but was very disappointed by the food. I had a seafood combo which tasteless at best. Not well seasoned. Not hot. My wife had chicken which was a little better. The surroundings were clean and roomy. The staff was pleasant. We definitely would not go back. Had hoped for much better.
- Love B. Smith's2Yummy2stopDined on 7/3/2014Took my hubby here for his birthday. We both enjoyed the food...everything from the appetizers (crab croquettes) to the dessert (bread pudding) were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisLM314Dined on 7/2/2014Disappointed. Planned a dinner with friends hoping that the experience and knowledge of B. Smith on shows would be enjoyable. Service was slow. Bartender was eating finger foods at the bar. Ugh.
- DurhamVIPDined on 7/2/2014We always have great food here: Southern cooking with a flair. This was no exception with especially great pulled pork sandwiches with interesting sweet potato salad and crunchy slaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Row GemJudyDined on 6/29/2014B. Smith never fails to delight. Had a wonderful brunch, especially enjoyed the unlimited Bellini's and Mimosa's! Great menu options for brunch or lunch on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantdeedee123VIPDined on 6/25/2014The food and the service were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- A nice experienceVACATIONDined on 6/24/2014This was a very nice restaurant, however, I am not sure why OpenTable said there were no reservations available at the times I originally wanted when there were only 8-10 people in the whole place when I arrived. The food was good, but not hot, just warm. It seemed like it was prepared before ordered. We ordered the special which included an appetizer, entree and a desert for about $40, a good deal based on the rest of the menu priced. Mine was the catfish with greens, and whipped sweet potatoes. My wife had the chicken, greens and mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was a little gritty due to one of the cheeses used. The service was great! Location was close to the theaters and only a few blocks from 42nd street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchtristeandlawrenceVIPDined on 6/22/2014Really enjoyed the fried chicken and waffle - the bacon was out of this world. Waiter was very entertaining and attentive - I didn't think it was over priced for the city...Special Features:
- Below averageCbten4Dined on 6/21/2014We had eaten here before and enjoyed the food. This time the food was marginal fish was overlooked, dry, and without flavor. The dessert special was just ok the bread pudding was good. We don't feel that good bread pudding was worth the almost $100 we spent for the two of us. Last time there for us.
- What a delightChicagoVisitorDined on 6/20/2014Late night Friday. The place is quiet, comfortable, and really tasty. The catfish was light and airy, the greens were great. Just simple, delicious food. It was close to closing so we skipped the bread pudding but next time I'm in town I'm going for it. What a delight.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Group of four, two meals were excellent and two meals were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So GoodLuvgoogfoodDined on 6/14/2014Nothing was really good about the dining experience. The food was bland; the service was poor and slow; the atmosphere was just not that great. This place used to be much better. There are much better places in the neighborhood.
- BishbamDined on 6/14/2014The food was amazing. Very innovative and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening at B Smith'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014The food was very good. We had a 6:15 reservation with several of us arriving a little late due to very heavy rain. We were seated right away and were still able to enjoy a great meal and fun conversation and make our 8pm show time. Thank you.Special Features:
- Winding down...MASHDined on 6/12/2014I took my summer mentee here for a chance to talk and get to know each other ahead of the 10.weeks we'll be working together. It was perfect, we were able to talk and set goals for his internship and find what we have in common. He enjoyed the food and being in the theater district as he's an Arts lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creole/Southern cookingBartDined on 6/11/2014B. Smith's is a casual+ restaurant on 46th St just west of 8th Ave—merely a long block from the theatre district. This was our second visit, and it was at least as mouth-fulfilling as the first visit. The creole offerings were really good (jambalaya! umm!), but I was in a New Orleans mood. We took a younger couple with us, visitors from Nebraska, who ordered the specials of the day. They loved the BBQ ribs and the salmon. The catfish is as tasty as I recall having in N.O. itself. There are not many cajun/southern restaurants close to Times Sq, and if your taste buds are yearning for that, this is a fine choice. It's an attractive room with an upper balcony level. All good!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant Experience!joyfullivyDined on 6/11/2014NEVER disappoints. I visited recently on June 11. The hostesses are always friendly and the ambiance of the restaurant is always inviting. Music was great and not so loud as to be a distraction. We both ordered off the pre-fixe menu. My starter was the Southern Caesar Salad which was great. My mother didn't care for the Kale Salad and our server, Lisa, gladly switched it out for blackeyed pea chowder. My shrimp and grits entree was delish as was my mother's pan fried catfish with greens and sweet potato mash. We both ordered the bread pudding with Haagen Dazs ice cream. We enjoyed the ice cream there and took the bread pudding to go for a late night treat in the hotel. Another outstanding experience as usual. We love B. Smith's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rhode Island Visitorsavannah12Dined on 6/11/2014Fried green tomatoes over-fried, soup was bland, greens were cold, catfish was pretty good, shrimp with grits was without taste. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great food!NqwalkerDined on 6/10/2014I loved the Catfish and Mac n Cheese, also tried a few other dishes from my party and it was excellent. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dining ExperienceGr82eatVIPDined on 6/8/2014I brought my Mother here to celebrate her birthday. The restaurant has an open/airy feel and is decorated in muted colors of brown and creams. Brian was our server and was very helpful in assisting us with making our meal selections, being newbies here we didn't want to chance it and select any meals that were less than stellar. I chose to have the $38, 3-course meal which consisted of a Kale, cranberry salad, pan-fried catfish with sweet potatos and collard greens, and bread pudding. I was very pleased with my meal. The pan-fried catfish was very fresh and flavorful and the bread pudding was delightful. My Mother chose a meal from the daily special list - Salmon, with Kale and potatos. She liked the fish but the Kale was a bit toughSpecial Features:
- B Smiths is a must doFoodieatheartDined on 6/8/2014The food was great. The service could have been a little warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too great for words!BCookDined on 6/7/2014Very impressed by the service and food. Great overall dining experience, very lively and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmamieDined on 6/7/2014Very special when you walk in... There it ends... Very noisy, very slow service. This could be a problem if you do not eave enough time to get to the theater. Looked forward to the steak. Couldn't chew it much less cut it. Pricy and nothing to write home about. Would not go back